World of Tanks VR

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Shireknight #1 Posted 27 May 2019 - 10:15 PM

Player

• Veteran
  • 13943 battles
  • [TELOS] TELOS

I've just got back from a family day out in Milton Keynes and blow me if in Xscape (an attraction in Central Milton Keynes) they didn't have a VR arcade running a VR version of World of Tanks on HTC Vive's. I didn't have a go as I own a Vive at home so was going to download it as soon as I got back but speaking to the attendant he said it's a special version of the game that's only for arcades at the moment.

Is this something that WG are planning to roll out to the game in full some point soon, does anyone know?

Edited by Shireknight, 27 May 2019 - 10:16 PM.

BravelyRanAway #2 Posted 27 May 2019 - 11:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24334 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
A quick google found this.... http://worldoftanksvr.com/#firstPage but not much more.

Leepants #3 Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:52 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19944 battles
  • [ZIIP] ZIIP
The "other" FTP tank (and ships / aircraft) game has a VR option, but it's for the aircraft only, I believe.

Geno1isme #4 Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:04 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48124 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostShireknight, on 27 May 2019 - 11:15 PM, said:

Is this something that WG are planning to roll out to the game in full some point soon,

Very unlikely. At most they'll release a VR version as a separate game in the forseeable future:

"Neurogaming said World of Tanks VR is built from the ground up for the medium, completely separate from the other versions of the game for mobile, console and PC."

"Before I played with them, Neurogaming representatives explained that retention is exactly the problem they are focused on trying to solve. This was evident in the design of both World of Tanks VR and shooting game RevolVR. Each match packs multiple rounds into sessions lasting just 10 minutes."

https://uploadvr.com...s-social-tanks/

Most people can't handle long VR sessions, and many regular WoT games involve lots of waiting, so that doesn't really work well together.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users