What happened to the game?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Devon77 #1 Posted 28 May 2019 - 06:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23362 battles

So.. I've been gone from this game for about 3 years and came back 3-4 months ago..

It's been a huge letdown to be honest.. I had become fairly good back then, and must admit it was rather tough getting back into the game.

But some thoughts I had, after it's starting to stick again..

Whenever I meet a blue player (aka good player) it's GOLD and GOLD only... Are good players not good anymore, or just good because they only use all their money on wot and use gold shots?? 

Today I was playing a light tank and an IS-3 saw me like 500 meters away. He drove all the way to me (noone else around) and when he got to me, he shot 2 gold shots into me.. Like - I would have changed to normal rounds during that long drive... What's the point?

If you meet an E-25 who's a good player, you can be 100% he's shooting nothing but gold.. Then what's the freaking point of playing the premium tank?

Even when I play tier 4 it's full of good players shooting nothing but gold in low tiers.. Back when I played last, the only players using gold were the ones without skill or simple knowledge, that they cost me. But these days it's all pay-to-win?

Seems to me there's just wayyyyyyyyy to many missions and everyone has a huge overflow of gold/credits and use that.

And on another topic. I saw someone like QuickyBaby on youtube complain about people now being able to pay for the extra good eq with bonds from the new premium missions.. Like it's so unfair that it's not only the very best players who have the very best eq.. Why do they need better than the rest, when they are already better?

Plus in his videos he's always saying 'Ooh I only use 10 gold shots this round'.. LIke that's something to be proud of!! Learn to aim and where to shoot instead!

And the wheelies.. I mean comon.. 

And twice now I've tried activating the 200% extra exp for crew and 100% extra free exp .. 

First time, I won 0 out of the 10 games I managed to play that hour.. Wow..

Today I tried again, and won 5 out of 25 games.. 

And my normal win rate is above 52%.. 

Bugged or WG just doing their thing to [edited]with the bonus I get??

Best thing that could happen to this game

1) Remove gold ammo

2) Remove the wheelies

3) Make teams based on the rating of all the players. Too often I see teams where it's all tomatoes on one team and the other is full of great players. It's no fun winning 15-1 or losing 1-15

Or maybe I'm just an old grumpy man ;)

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 28 May 2019 - 06:40 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34085 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostDevon77, on 28 May 2019 - 06:25 PM, said:

Today I was playing a light tank and an IS-3 saw me like 500 meters away. He drove all the way to me (noone else around) and when he got to me, he shot 2 gold shots into me.. Like - I would have changed to normal rounds during that long drive... What's the point?

You wouldn't have bounced standard either so why does it matter? 

Devon77 #3 Posted 28 May 2019 - 06:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23362 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 28 May 2019 - 05:40 PM, said:

You wouldn't have bounced standard either so why does it matter? 

Exactly my point.. so why use gold? 

Dorander #4 Posted 28 May 2019 - 06:57 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

Goldshells are available for credits now, have been for quite some time. People have a lot of spare credits to blow on gold thanks to increased creditflows, such as from Frontline. Then there's specials from holidays, such as last Christmas when it apparently rained credits. So there is a lot more premium ammo being fired than some years ago, it's little to do with pay to win, it's simply more people being able to. You are correct that there are a lot missions and events that help people with their wallets. Too many is personal opinion.

An IS-3 can't spot you at 500m. No tank can. The hard spot limit is 445m, so somebody else spotted you and the IS-3 would've known where from and where that person could spot. I wouldn't swap shells while driving to you either, you never know what pops up in front of you, besides, it's just a premium shell. There's also the simple possibiltiy the IS-3 wasn't carrying anything else.

The point of playing an E-25 is to win battles, it's a good TD with preferential matchmaking. The player you described is simply trying to win battles.

I've done some tier 4 battles today for missions and what you are stating is false. There aren't a lot of good players shooting gold in low tiers. There are a lot of bad players and some of them fire gold.

A lot of weakspots have been removed with HD modelling, so it's no longer a case of just knowing where to aim. Some tanks are completely impervious in some positions to regular shells. Some powercrept tanks unreliably pen without premium shells. It's little to do with learning where to aim, and a lot to do with learning to simply press the 2 button.

Your loss streak after activating reserves is just a coincidence that you noticed because you were using reserves. I use reserves frequently, in fact I've been burning loads of them the past weeks. I've had 60% streaks, 40% streaks, but I keep returning to a 54-55% average over recent battles. Reserves don't affect your winrate.

1) Removal of gold ammo is not a reasonable request and is never going to happen.

2) Removal of an entire line of implemented tanks is not a reasonable request and is never going to happen.

3) I agree that it's not fun but the randomisation of teams has been a staple of the game since its inception and there's no indication that skill-based MM is going to ever happen or that it is even a good idea for this game.

ThinGun #5 Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:02 PM

Major

• Player
  • 40084 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
I protest.  I'm not a good player, and I only fire gold.  Therefore, you are wrong.

vasilinhorulezz #6 Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27921 battles

View PostDevon77, on 28 May 2019 - 06:52 PM, said:

His money, his choise. What does it matter?

Sfinski #7 Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:08 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 36488 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

You are no longer 52% player. You just have to learn the game again. Everyone fires prem ammo, being good or bad has nothing to do with it. Boosters dont affect anything else but what they boost.

Prem ammo cannot be removed without reworking all the armour in the game and that wont happen. They've said they might have prem ammo do less damage, but that will only make people fire prem ammo more. So utter fail.

Go try ranked if you want skill matchmaking, it doesnt work in this game. Doesnt make games more even.

Propjesschieter #8 Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3983 battles
Why didnt you run to your team instead of letting an IS-3 come get you?

Karasu_Hidesuke #9 Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:13 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17032 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
I sometimes fire a lot of gold, especially on tier 8 because I am almost always bottom tier or otherwise disadvantaged. I won't make a profit anyway and I want to make the grind up as short as possible (on tier 8) so... I spam gold (but I will vehemently deny this!) ... and I am one of those players who can make even gold ammo ding on those wheelie things which allegedly have no armor at all.... :hiding:

barison1 #10 Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:20 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 43589 battles

View PostDevon77, on 28 May 2019 - 06:25 PM, said:

1) Remove gold ammo

2) Remove the wheelies

3) Make teams based on the rating of all the players. Too often I see teams where it's all tomatoes on one team and the other is full of great players. It's no fun winning 15-1 or losing 1-15

-removing gold is the worst idea ever currently, more and more tanks have armor balanced gold rounds now. remove gold and you will create more issues of utter broken/OP (super) HT

-why remove wheelies? sure certain tweaks can be done but they are a fine addition to the game

-ranked battles/cw should be an example of this, you still get steamrolls of 15-1 defeats etc. skill based mm wont work remove those issues

Edited by barison1, 28 May 2019 - 11:20 PM.

Jauhesammutin #11 Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23608 battles
  • [FAUF] FAUF

View PostDevon77, on 28 May 2019 - 05:25 PM, said:

So.. I've been gone from this game for about 3 years and came back 3-4 months ago..

It's been a huge letdown to be honest.. I had become fairly good back then, and must admit it was rather tough getting back into the game.

Whenever I meet a blue player (aka good player) it's GOLD and GOLD only... Are good players not good anymore, or just good because they only use all their money on wot and use gold shots?? 

If you meet an E-25 who's a good player, you can be 100% he's shooting nothing but gold.. Then what's the freaking point of playing the premium tank?

Even when I play tier 4 it's full of good players shooting nothing but gold in low tiers.. Back when I played last, the only players using gold were the ones without skill or simple knowledge, that they cost me. But these days it's all pay-to-win?

Seems to me there's just wayyyyyyyyy to many missions and everyone has a huge overflow of gold/credits and use that.

And on another topic. I saw someone like QuickyBaby on youtube complain about people now being able to pay for the extra good eq with bonds from the new premium missions.. Like it's so unfair that it's not only the very best players who have the very best eq.. Why do they need better than the rest, when they are already better?

Plus in his videos he's always saying 'Ooh I only use 10 gold shots this round'.. LIke that's something to be proud of!! Learn to aim and where to shoot instead!

And twice now I've tried activating the 200% extra exp for crew and 100% extra free exp .. 

1) Remove gold ammo

2) Remove the wheelies

The credit income has increased during the past few years. (Here is a list of some of the reasons we get more credits: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/709159-credit-earning-nerfed/page__pid__16940367#entry16940367)

So in short, players can afford to fire more premium so they will. 

The meta has changed during the years. We don't get similar weakspots that we got 5 years ago. Type 5's frontal weakspot is what 270mm? Tanks get better armor than they did 5 years ago. Obj. 430U would have been a heavy tank, now it's a medium.

T8 tanks are in a tough spot since they can meet T6-T10. You can't change your ammo loadout before the battle so you need to be prepared for T10.

This is just my personal opinion but I think most of the players have played a hefty amount of battles and are happy with the tanks they have. They don't need to furiously grind new tanks and credits. They can enjoy the game and not worry about spending credits to gold ammo.

But what does it matter if they shoot gold at you or not?

If they can pen you with normal rounds then what does it matter? It's their credits, they can do whatever they like.

If they can't pen you with normal rounds then the premium round is the correct one.

You are not a 52% player. You need to re-learn the game. The game has changed but you haven't.

Miljac72 #12 Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 58415 battles
Prem ammo is a good way to deal with the noob-friendly RNG.

malachi6 #13 Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:05 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 50920 battles

View PostDevon77, on 28 May 2019 - 06:52 PM, said:

Why play a light tank?  Why carry a few rounds of "Gold" ammo yourself?  Why Grind one line or another?  It's called personal choice.  It's not for you to decide how other people get to play, using the material supplied by the game.   Especially as all you are doing is complaining and not offering potential solutions.

I don't like have premium ammo fired at me as much as the next person.  It is not a rock, paper, scissors solution.  However, I am not in the business of making a living by creating and monetizing a video game.  Therefore, I am ill-equipped to add more than I already have to the conversation.

Edited by malachi6, 29 May 2019 - 09:07 AM.

OllieCromwell #14 Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:14 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44938 battles
  • [GENB] GENB

View Postmalachi6, on 29 May 2019 - 09:05 AM, said:

Especially as all you are doing is complaining and not offering potential solutions.

Possible solution : "Over-penetration"...

When using 'Special Ammo' against a heavily armored tank, it will do lots of damage, but when used against (very) lightly armored tanks it will do (almost) no damage ... 

That way people are forced to actually think about their choice of ammo instead of simply pressing "2" for skill and go 'lazy' mode.

BTW,  it's interesting to see some people crying about 'Arty' on the forum and defending an (equally) broken mechanism like 'special' ammo.

Hedgehog_small_tanks #15 Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:21 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 701 battles

You're a liar.

Kozzy #16 Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:26 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 42114 battles
  • [RINSE] RINSE

It's been a huge letdown to be honest....

If you're not having fun, then stop playing?  Either that or let us know who is forcing you to play and maybe we can have words with them?

Thornvalley #17 Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:51 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 41617 battles
It's good for you if the enemies use Heat when normal AP/APCR is autopen.

Edited by Thornvalley, 29 May 2019 - 09:51 AM.

Laur_Balaur_XD #18 Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37107 battles
  • [CTRL-] CTRL-

1) Remove gold ammo

2) Remove the wheelies

No offense but your post is basically a sum of all idiotic things that people say every day on these forums:

- complains that 'good players' shoot GOLD

- ignores the fact that the GOLD ammo can be bought only for credits now and literally anyone can afford it

- plays light and still complains that he has been shoot with GOLD.... Come on, really? Why the [edited] would you complain about that? Be happy they did not shoot you with he and shut up ffs.

- says that people in E25 shoot only gold. Bro, no one with 2 working neurons shoots full gold in E25, you must be completely retarded to do that....

- thinks that when he activates reserves he magically start losing games and/or having bad rng/teams. In the last year i played randoms only with reserves activated, and i managed to get 55-60% winrate....

- complains about the wheelies and want them removed. Why not just rework them? Nerf the back speed, people should be punished if they can't drive and get stuck. Buff viewrange and pen maybe. Remove the aimbot function also would be a good idea. Those kind of vehicles should be hard to play but very rewarding if you master them, now they are basically a kind of Type5 in the lights category - aimbot, high pen he, untrackable, same spped and accel in reverse. Basically any idiot can drive them and do something.

- thinks that skill base mm would be wonderfull and resolve all problems. Skill has nothing to do with 15-1 results. The real problem is that once your team has lost 3-4 idiots in the first minutes is almost impossible to recover. The maps are too small and tanks too fast, so it's almost impossible to stop a push when you are outnumbered. Also tanks are terrible unbalanced - some are borderline op and others are almost trash.

Devon77 #19 Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23362 battles

So the game has changed... WHich was my point exactly..

And for me, just shifting to use gold shots (sorry more expensive credit shots *lol*) is just a lack of skill. Use what your tank has vs the the bad sides of your opponent.

But no, it's what we call curling children in Denmark. Noone is used to dealing with hard times - everything is cleared. Can't shoot through? AH just use more expensive ammo. Easy peasy.

Why learn to play,when you can pay to win?

And the point of playing an E-25 is not to win, like someone said. It's to make credits - why else play a premium tank?

But I'm guessing a lot just uses it to boost their win rate. Just like all the Luchs I just saw from a 3 man platoon consisting of players with 40k+ games and 3000+ wn8 rating. Congrats - well done! Awesome players playing seal clubbing.

Curling players.

Enough said, don't waste your breath on this thread anymore. I get it now.

Sfinski #20 Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:17 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 36488 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostDevon77, on 29 May 2019 - 10:11 PM, said:

I get it now.

Doubt

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users