Black Market and economy

black market credits gold king kong died for your sins top 1 current planet

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: This is a poll (7 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

What would it take for you to read this all the way through ?

1. You can't salvage this post (2 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. More tiddies (3 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

3. Few cats, and more jokes (1 vote [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

4. A bait or two I can viciously attack (1 vote [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Hide poll

nakkipeppu #1 Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33355 battles
  • [LGGF] LGGF

This will be somewhat incoherent, so just ignore it if you don't want to theorycraft on a subject that goes seemingly nowhere.

The event is drawing close and (we know the remaining items, can guess their price points *except* for the camo pack, which I'm really curious to see what it contains and how it will be priced) if nothing else, I think WG has gotten quite a bit interesting data out of it. How much would people pay for a tier 8 premium in credits ? Tier 10 ? How much is "rarity" worth, how much over a pricepoint can a tank be sold ? What's the value of credits ? Or of gold ? - well, in ingame terms at least, I'll just give you right away that a number in a database on a game server probably doesn't have any value outside your imagination so let's not go there at all.

What happened ? Pretty much everything that was sold for credits sold out *instantly*. FV took time, but got there in few hours. Gold was mixed a bag but I'll delve in to credit sales now.

They sold well liked tier 8 premiums at 5M and 9M credits. Blackdog probably went under radar, but once the word got out, CAX sold 20k units in two minutes, practically bugging out the shop.

They sold crappy tier 8 premium at 8.5M credits - sold out in 2.5 minutes. Let's be honest here. T34 isn't good. It's probably playable, but it wasn't really all that good in 2012 either. It *still* sold out in almost at the same pace as CAX.

To me at a first glance, this read as that 9 million credits is something that people will drop without blinking their eye if they get a tier 8 prem. At 9 million, people value that single gold is more valuable than 800 credits.. But what would have been the pricepoint where you hesitated, say, for Panther 88 ? T34 ? CAX ? Type 59 ?

A reader question :

What would you pay in credits for an Panther 88 ?

What would you pay in credits for a Type 59 ?

What would you pay in credits for a SU-85i ?

On the other end of the spectrum - they sold crappy tier 5 premium at 6M credits - gone within minutes. This tank is arguably terrible, but it has two things - rarity .. and well, due to rarity it has the other thing, people that can actually purchase this tank instead of getting "you already own this vehicle". Almost everybody lining up is a potential customer. If tier 5 premium is traditionally 1500 gold in in-game shop .. this would put the value of single gold over 4300 credits. I can't imagine anybody bought this for its gameplay applications - it's .. well, playable but .. uh ..

Well, I bought it. Because I had credits to buy it, and pretty much everything else I'd know would come up for the offer. During this event, I was limited only by the total amount of credits I had to make the purchases I want, and outside that, the credits had no value to me. I missed the blackdog, if I had been 5 millions down from the purchase, I wouldn't have bought this, ever, because I wanted (and will purchase) still some tanks. I mostly just want to spend credits on stuff that's not available for credits. I can manage my credits through the time when those offers aren't available. Credits have practically lost their value as a currency to me over time.

(Note that I've played for a long time, and pretty much have all the stuff I'm interested in when it comes to tech tree tanks and stuff. If you're new, and are struggling after your first tier X purchase, your view of the sale is completely different. Obviously I have some projects and stock grinds and whatnot going on, but I've regressed into dicking around the game without any sort of longer goals in mind. I just roll into game and shoot some tanks, usually at tiers where I end up being net credit positive instead of negative - not because I want to be net credit positive, but I just enjoy for example, tier 7 or Frontline more than tier 9 or 10.)

End result is that the format of the sales is tough - you practically have to be there when a credit purchase rolls out because you're constantly competing against guys that just click buy on whatever comes up. This is where the FV 215b (183) sale comes up. It took hours instead of minutes to sell - and I think this is because people didn't expect it to be priced at 23 million. Once it rolled out, suddenly people clicking "buy" didn't have the bankroll to do it - some gave up, some went to scour some credits from their account, some maybe went to just flat out buy the credits with gold (WG is probably really interested in this data). In the end - they sold out, but the sale was paced. I expect Foch to go much faster because it's price range is now known.

So .. I guess the answer to the question on "What would've you paid for a Panther 88 in credits" is same as "What would've you paid for a Type 59 in credits" is - as much as is needed for me to cover the purchases I want to make, and the upper limit is whatever funds I have available on my account right now.

What this all did, is change my perception on the value of a credit. We don't know if this style of sale will repeat, but I can't help to think that *maybe* I should just restock the consumable fund I dipped into, *maybe* I should keep a 20 million in a bank for you know, just in case. Today, a high total of credits has applications, last week it was just .. well, sitting there, converted to consumables or equipment at a sale. I'm not sure if this was intentional, but if it was - well played. Likely though they probably just wanted to drain the excess credit / gold piles on a event. The "Spend 5M credits to receive 7 days of premium" was just testing the waters.

Posted Image

This was a very risky google so you better enjoy it.

Edited by nakkipeppu, 28 May 2019 - 07:49 PM.

MeetriX #2 Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:29 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23848 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE
Unreliable data.

nakkipeppu #3 Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33355 battles
  • [LGGF] LGGF

View PostMeetriX, on 28 May 2019 - 08:29 PM, said:

Unreliable data.

Fine.

For reader interaction, I will add a poll, a direct question for engagement, and eye-pleasing picture of tiddies.

Edited by nakkipeppu, 28 May 2019 - 07:34 PM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #4 Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:49 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

View Postnakkipeppu, on 28 May 2019 - 10:07 PM, said:

<>

What this all did, is change my perception on the value of a credit. We don't know if this style of sale will repeat, but I can't help to think that *maybe* I should just restock the consumable fund I dipped into, *maybe* I should keep a 20 million in a bank for you know, just in case. Today, a high total of credits has applications, last week it was just .. well, sitting there, converted to consumables or equipment at a sale. I'm not sure if this was intentional, but if it was - well played. Likely though they probably just wanted to drain the excess credit / gold piles on a event. The "Spend 5M credits to receive 7 days of premium" was just testing the waters.

Think phases. If you dredge some credits now through these two events, you will have enough server population through the summer months and a relatively successful Christmas event. People will try their new toys and will work to recover those millions of credits. Slowing down the grinds will also mean more playing time.

vasilinhorulezz #5 Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27921 battles
From the 3 I would only care about the Type 59, I don't really care about collecting tanks, I only buy what I think I'll enjoy, and now that LTs are in the state they are I mostly play meds, heavies that are focused on aggressive game-play. Plus, I really not enjoy low tiers, so yea, if the Type made an appearance for credits I'd give it a go, but I highly doubt it will.

MeetriX #6 Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:51 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23848 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View Postnakkipeppu, on 28 May 2019 - 07:34 PM, said:

Fine.

For reader interaction, I will add a poll, a direct question for engagement, and eye-pleasing picture of tiddies.

I said unreliable, not unreadable.:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users