GW Tiger inaccuare?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

NordicGR #1 Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:18 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 37244 battles
  • [RF_] RF_

So i bought the GW tiger. Same guns with GW tiger (P). Faster reload, same aiming time. Same crew. (bias is on)

Why is it so inaccurate compared to (P)?

SuedKAT #2 Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:28 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
The 21cm on the GW Tiger P is less accurate than on the GW Tiger, so you've most likely had some bad streak of RNG.

NordicGR #3 Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:32 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 37244 battles
  • [RF_] RF_

No man. I target at the same exact spots on my targeting circle as i am doing in (P).

Even on still targets its way off. RNG is about all my battles with that SPG?! I doubt it..

SuedKAT #4 Posted 28 May 2019 - 07:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Comparison:

https://tanks.gg/compare/gw-tiger-p?t=gw-tiger

Orkbert #5 Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:43 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28148 battles

50 Battles is way too small as a sample, below ~150 battles any tank can happen to have seemingly strange stats, especially when the difference is rather small to begin with.

Currently your GWT(P) has 32,14% accuracy, your GWT has 29,84% the difference is a measly 2,3%, a single good match could already raise your GWT's accuracy above its precursor.

Darth_Clicker #6 Posted 29 May 2019 - 05:51 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 61489 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

I was about to reply that if you play the GW Tiger more your accuracy rate will probably increase to a point above the GW Tiger P.  And to prove my point, I was going to show my own stats in both.  I just sold my GW Tiger P yesterday, but not because of accuracy related issues, so the stats are comparable.  I had a higher percentage of hits in my GW Tiger P than in my GW Tiger as evidenced below:

Posted Image

But, notice that I said that "I had a higher percentage...".   We need to remember that the "Hits" statistic reflects the percentage of time that the player aimed correctly and the target cooperated and was in the spot in which the arty player aimed.  I can imagine a lot of reasons why I had a higher percentage of hits in the GW Tiger P than the GW Tiger.  But, I trust that the GW Tiger itself is more accurate.

The only real way to accurately test it for yourself would be to get some friends to go into the training room on a big map and fire at least 10 shots at the same target from across the map and record your results.  Try to eliminate all variables....have both vehicles in the exact same spot facing the exact same direction etc.  Target size would also have to be considered as it is definitely easier to hit a Type 5 Heavy more frequently than an  ELC EVEN 90.

Orkbert #7 Posted 29 May 2019 - 06:11 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28148 battles

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 29 May 2019 - 05:51 AM, said:

The only real way to accurately test it for yourself would be to get some friends to go into the training room on a big map and fire at least 10 shots at the same target from across the map and record your results.  Try to eliminate all variables....have both vehicles in the exact same spot facing the exact same direction etc.  Target size would also have to be considered as it is definitely easier to hit a Type 5 Heavy more frequently than an  ELC EVEN 90.

At least Ten? I daresay rather 200 or 300. When I once did a checkup on a claimed accuracy nerf I accumulated ~600 shots with my Birch Gun and ~300 with my Sexton. And contrary to any claimed nerfs their accuracys didn't drop (with my Sexton my hit quota actually got better, though since that is a premium I guess the tinfoil hatters might object to that)

And I also sought to compare my own GWT and GWT(P), but since I only had the TierVIII pre-9.18 and with the TierIX most of my battles were when the stun function got introduced I would actually compare different guns.

Darth_Clicker #8 Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:50 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 61489 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostOrkbert, on 29 May 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:

At least Ten? I daresay rather 200 or 300. When I once did a checkup on a claimed accuracy nerf I accumulated ~600 shots with my Birch Gun and ~300 with my Sexton. And contrary to any claimed nerfs their accuracys didn't drop (with my Sexton my hit quota actually got better, though since that is a premium I guess the tinfoil hatters might object to that)

And I also sought to compare my own GWT and GWT(P), but since I only had the TierVIII pre-9.18 and with the TierIX most of my battles were when the stun function got introduced I would actually compare different guns.

if you are in the training room and you keep everything stationary, lock the hull on the firing arty and only fire using the keyboard key (to avoid moving the aim point with the mouse) and keep the target tank completely still then you eliminate all variables except for the RNG that dictates the shell impact point.  I am sure that you could see a difference within much less than 2-3 hundred shots.  But, you are correct of course, the bigger the sample size the more valid the results.

Orkbert #9 Posted 30 May 2019 - 05:53 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28148 battles

Of course a difference might be visible with less shots, but to minimize the error variance as much shots as feasible are needed.

We all had games where our SPGs missed several fully aimed shots at stationary targets and other matches where consecutive barely aimed snap shots managed to score bullseye, and since such extremes could easily occur in a test room evaluation the sample must be big enough to flatten out their deviating effects.

in my (humble?) opinion the 200~300 shots I mentioned are just about the bare minimum and a four digit figure would be much much better.

Of course that is admittedly quite a chore. Collecting those ~600 shots of my previously mentioned Birch Gun evaluation was already a bit of a hassle, and the Birch is one of the fastest shooting Arties, with the slow loading high tier SPGs this will be very taxing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users