T34 & T34B - I didn't think it was such a terrible tank and not very competitive

t34b t34 black market premium

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

ValkyrionX #1 Posted 29 May 2019 - 11:48 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 52704 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

Regardless of the title of the thread, I still want to reiterate that I am glad that I got my hands on this tank for free, I really needed to own an American tier 8 premium heavy tanks , so thank the wg for the opportunity .. but ..there is a big "but" as gigantic as a house.

Having said that, I had never looked at the statistics of this tank specifically before.
I think the competitiveness gap, between this heavy tank and the others [also non-premium] of the same level, is somewhat embarrassing under too many points of view.

I don't open this thread as a complaint, absolutely not, but as a question mark, what's the point of a premium tier 8 heavy that is so uncompetitive? I dare not imagine the disappointment of those who bought it with real money in the past and those who buy t34 without skins even today.

The gun is not bad at all, excellent penetration and good accuracy, shelles are fast enough ; if it weren't for the aim time .. indeed almost eternal.

Like the M103 the weakspot on the upper part of the turret is pierced with extreme ease making the armor of the gun-mantle too relative considering also the gun depression

I honestly don't understand its meaning so much.

The weight/power ratio is really too low as well as the rotation of the hull.
Turret rotation is decent.

Reload time really senseless even for a 400 x shot alpha damage, too long and completely non-competitive.

Beyond a good penetration factor, this tank has nothing, like eating something without salt ... it has no taste. Completely out of meta.

What is the point of keeping a vehicle in this state?

Probably playing an is6 would be more pleasant [and is6 is a pitiful tank!]

#sin

Edited by ValkyrionX, 29 May 2019 - 11:51 AM.

Aimless #2 Posted 29 May 2019 - 11:54 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 24015 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
It's a premium tank from those times whem premium tanks were as good as a stock tank from the tech tree. They were meant to be that way, with the advantage of being a crew trainer and credits earner. Times have changed, never the tank. But it could be only a matter of time until they do, and in case you lose patience, the next trade-in is certain.

Miepie #3 Posted 29 May 2019 - 11:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4059 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostValkyrionX, on 29 May 2019 - 11:48 AM, said:

.. but ..there is a big "but" as gigantic as a house.

Sir Mix-a-Lot approves! :honoring:

ValkyrionX #4 Posted 29 May 2019 - 11:56 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 52704 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostAimless, on 29 May 2019 - 11:54 AM, said:

It's a premium tank from those times whem premium tanks were as good as a stock tank from the tech tree. They were meant to be that way, with the advantage of being a crew trainer and credits earner. Times have changed, never the tank. But it could be only a matter of time until they do, and in case you lose patience, the next trade-in is certain.

Exactly, they gave old premiums a buff, I don't understand why this one hasn't been updated to today's game, it's really a pity cause it's a really interesting tank but totally non-competitive

I speak as a fan of the t32 :)

10:57 Added after 0 minutes

View PostMiepie, on 29 May 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

Sir Mix-a-Lot approves! :honoring:

xD

undutchable80 #5 Posted 29 May 2019 - 12:02 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 11703 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostValkyrionX, on 29 May 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

Exactly, they gave old premiums a buff, I don't understand why this one hasn't been updated to today's game, it's really a pity cause it's a really interesting tank but totally non-competitive

I speak as a fan of the t32 :)

Plenty of US tanks (and not just premiums) could do with a rebalance for 2019...

Dava_117 #6 Posted 29 May 2019 - 12:03 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22512 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Had just 3 game in it, but T34B doesn't look bad at all.

Ok, I have a 0% WR at the moment, but it was never a fault of the tank. I managed more than my own HP in damage in each of those battle, and the gun handling is not that bad. I expected a KV-2 like gun handling, but is closer to ST-I one, which I'm familiar with. Penetration is good, alpha is good, the only downside is the DPM that makes every shot missed a pain.

Looks solid. Not competitive, but solid!

And print money!

ValkyrionX #7 Posted 29 May 2019 - 12:04 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 52704 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View Postundutchable80, on 29 May 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

Plenty of US tanks (and not just premiums) could do with a rebalance for 2019...

yes, those of the wg have been talking about it for years

meanwhile tanks like t32 , t34 , m41 bulldog , t28 prot, t28 htc , pershing and other American tanks are totally obsolete at the moment [ imo ]

edit:

I hope I can open a window to the wg .. too many tanks need an update .. premium and not .. in so many tech trees .. They are losing too much time in my opinion on this front of the game development ..
These are things we have been discussing for years ...

11:05 Added after 0 minutes

View PostDava_117, on 29 May 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

Had just 3 game in it, but T34B doesn't look bad at all.

Ok, I have a 0% WR at the moment, but it was never a fault of the tank. I managed more than my own HP in damage in each of those battle, and the gun handling is not that bad. I expected a KV-2 like gun handling, but is closer to ST-I one, which I'm familiar with. Penetration is good, alpha is good, the only downside is the DPM that makes every shot missed a pain.

Looks solid. Not competitive, but solid!

And print money!

I play it since yesterday, it doesn't take too many games to get an objective opinion about a vehicle

Edited by ValkyrionX, 29 May 2019 - 12:08 PM.

KillingJoker #8 Posted 29 May 2019 - 12:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40006 battles

This might sound weird but i kinda like it 

It feels like playing an underdog that can hit back, this thing actaully enjoy tier X battles, unlike most tier VIII premiums, and the reason for that is...

tier X battlkes normaly are played slowly, and this tank really needs slow battles to shine, if a battle ends up quickly, no matter how good you play, or your positioning is

your doomed, because of the lack of dpm and the features of the tank...

you can't survive without your team, its a 100% dependant tank...

your restricted to hold positions or support role and its kinda effective in it, it hold ridges, quite well, but arty players are such a pain, sometimes its really anoying

because if they see you play well, they kinda hate for it, and they will try to kill you and yolo all because of the long reload

The T30, have the same turret, and the same stock gun, but the stats are completely different...

The T30 aim time is 1 second faster, and the have 1000 more dpm its way different, and i don't even like to play the T30 with the 120mm, its innefective

this tank is all about shoting and hidding and waiting to shot again, i am not even sure if it would be more competitive if it had better dpm, because its so easy to penetrate even the turret sometimes your in an excelent position and you think you can get free shots, and you don't because it takes so much to aim, and you have to aim, because cannot miss shots, and your enemies hit you back in the turret top or checks with snapshots.

but again i kinda like it... its a tank with a defined play style, its not broken in a way that you cannot play, like some techtree tanks, its hard to play, and forces you to think more, but at same time when you destroy way more powerful tanks, you feel good about it. 

Aimless #9 Posted 29 May 2019 - 12:11 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 24015 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKillingJoker, on 29 May 2019 - 12:06 PM, said:

The T30, have the same turret, and the same stock gun, but the stats are completely different...

The T30 aim time is 1 second faster, and the have 1000 more dpm its way different, and i don't even like to play the T30 with the 120mm, its innefective

That is actually no coincidence. The T34 was originally the tier IX HT, while the T30 was its tier X successor. Then they changed the trees, the T34 was downgraded to its original stock configuration and adopted to a premium tank.

ValkyrionX #10 Posted 29 May 2019 - 12:13 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 52704 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

It feels like playing an underdog that can hit back, this thing actaully enjoy tier X battles, unlike most tier VIII premiums, and the reason for that is...

tier X battlkes normaly are played slowly, and this tank really needs slow battles to shine, if a battle ends up quickly, no matter how good you play, or your positioning is

your restricted to hold positions or support role and its kinda effective in it, it hold ridges, quite well, but arty players are such a pain, sometimes its really anoying

because if they see you play well, they kinda hate for it, and they will try to kill you and yolo all because of the long reload

this tank is all about shoting and hidding and waiting to shot again, i am not even sure if it would be more competitive if it had better dpm, because its so easy to penetrate even the turret sometimes your in an excelent position and you think you can get free shots, and you don't because it takes so much to aim, and you have to aim, because cannot miss shots, and your enemies hit you back in the turret top or checks with snapshots.

but again i kinda like it... its a tank with a defined play style, its not broken in a way that you cannot play, like some techtree tanks, its hard to play, and forces you to think more, but at same time when you destroy way more powerful tanks, you feel good about it. 

no, it's easy to play, but then again it's not competitive

The problem is not the dpm in a tank of this kind.

• Weakspot of the turret without sense.
  • Aim time too long.
  • Weight / power ratio too low.
  • Reload too long, a reload time [including equipment] of about 11.2 seconds and not almost 13 , would be better

The T32 , despite the bad penetration and the lesser accuracy of the shots , is definitely superior in everything.

11:14 Added after 1 minute

in fact also the t30 sucks...bad tank :)

Edited by ValkyrionX, 29 May 2019 - 12:16 PM.

tajj7 #11 Posted 29 May 2019 - 12:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28211 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Yeh its bad and has need a buff for a long time.  Weirdly all the pref-MM heavies got buffs, the Lowe got buffs, but WG seem to have forgotten the T34 exists, I presume they just think that so many players got it for free back in the day that it doesn't matter, forgetting that people have paid actual money for it since. 

Good things are like pen, accuracy and gun depression, 

Bad things are literally everything else, mobility, gun handling, DPM, armour, view range, all bad. 

I mean the Defender, which has 440 alpha, has better gun handling across the board, better DPM, better mobility and better armour. 

Penetration, accuracy and gun depression don't make a tank. 

ValkyrionX #12 Posted 29 May 2019 - 12:19 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 52704 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View Posttajj7, on 29 May 2019 - 12:18 PM, said:

Yeh its bad and has need a buff for a long time.  Weirdly all the pref-MM heavies got buffs, the Lowe got buffs, but WG seem to have forgotten the T34 exists, I presume they just think that so many players got it for free back in the day that it doesn't matter, forgetting that people have paid actual money for it since. 

Good things are like pen, accuracy and gun depression, 

Bad things are literally everything else, mobility, gun handling, DPM, armour, view range, all bad. 

I mean the Defender, which has 440 alpha, has better gun handling across the board, better DPM, better mobility and better armour. 

Penetration, accuracy and gun depression don't make a tank. 

thanks for the contribution

KillingJoker #13 Posted 29 May 2019 - 12:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40006 battles

View PostAimless, on 29 May 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

That is actually no coincidence. The T34 was originally the tier IX HT, while the T30 was its tier X successor. Then they changed the trees, the T34 was downgraded to its original stock configuration and adopted to a premium tank.

is there a place where i can see its stats (fully upgraded) as a tier IX heavy? 

now after reading all this post about how it became a tier VIII premium i kinda understand why they made it so underpowered...

and at same time its funny, because if they did such changes today, i am pretty sure that instead of becoming a premium, they would made it a reward rare tank

and leave it as tier IX heavy sameway but i guess back then, making a tier VIII american heavy premium was usefull to train crew etc etc

Edited by KillingJoker, 29 May 2019 - 12:29 PM.

Suurpolskija #14 Posted 29 May 2019 - 12:30 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22821 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

I've tried to mitigate the gunhandling by using Vents + Vstab and pack a case of Cola to go with it. Obviously my crew is very good, too. 

Now, I'm not sure if these things actually make a difference or did I just get used to the awkward pace of this tank, but nowadays I don't mind it being slow and the gunhandling don't bother me nearly as much as it used to during the first 100 games. And yeah, it really took me some games to get a hang of it. 

It works. Sometimes. Sometimes not. I guess it's the same for most tanks, excluding Defender and maybe Skorp. 

pallie_the_artillerist #15 Posted 29 May 2019 - 12:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20304 battles
  • [JBAIT] JBAIT
does T34 have the same mobility as the T30?

Suurpolskija #16 Posted 29 May 2019 - 12:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22821 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View Postpallie_the_artillerist, on 29 May 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

does T34 have the same mobility as the T30?

T30 has slightly better P/W and ground resistances. Top speed is the same. 

FluffyRedFox #17 Posted 29 May 2019 - 12:56 PM

General

• Player
  • 25286 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF

Its an alright tank to play thanks to the good base dispersion and amazing penetration values but definitely in need of an update. Would buff the roof armour and overhaul the gun handling since 400 alpha really isn't that special at tier 8 anymore, and then a few small mobility buffs. Its never going to happen as obviously WG in their infinite wisdom know so much better than us that they won't touch it but one can dream.

Dava_117 #18 Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:00 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22512 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostFluffyRedFox, on 29 May 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

Its an alright tank to play thanks to the good base dispersion and amazing penetration values but definitely in need of an update. Would buff the roof armour and overhaul the gun handling since 400 alpha really isn't that special at tier 8 anymore, and then a few small mobility buffs. Its never going to happen as obviously WG in their infinite wisdom know so much better than us that they won't touch it but one can dream.

The 38mm roof should stay in all the US HTs untill the game end!

That should teach US engineers to stop using their puny and deprecated units as inches and start to use the international system as all the smart country.

Zer0RNG #19 Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:02 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12037 battles
  • [L4FAM] L4FAM

View PostValkyrionX, on 29 May 2019 - 11:48 AM, said:

Regardless of the title of the thread, I still want to reiterate that I am glad that I got my hands on this tank for free, I really needed to own an American tier 8 premium heavy tanks , so thank the wg for the opportunity .. but ..there is a big "but" as gigantic as a house.

Having said that, I had never looked at the statistics of this tank specifically before.
I think the competitiveness gap, between this heavy tank and the others [also non-premium] of the same level, is somewhat embarrassing under too many points of view.

I don't open this thread as a complaint, absolutely not, but as a question mark, what's the point of a premium tier 8 heavy that is so uncompetitive? I dare not imagine the disappointment of those who bought it with real money in the past and those who buy t34 without skins even today.

The gun is not bad at all, excellent penetration and good accuracy, shelles are fast enough ; if it weren't for the aim time .. indeed almost eternal.

Like the M103 the weakspot on the upper part of the turret is pierced with extreme ease making the armor of the gun-mantle too relative considering also the gun depression

I honestly don't understand its meaning so much.

The weight/power ratio is really too low as well as the rotation of the hull.
Turret rotation is decent.

Reload time really senseless even for a 400 x shot alpha damage, too long and completely non-competitive.

Beyond a good penetration factor, this tank has nothing, like eating something without salt ... it has no taste. Completely out of meta.

What is the point of keeping a vehicle in this state?

Probably playing an is6 would be more pleasant [and is6 is a pitiful tank!]

#sin

this tank need some love... eider the DPM which sucks.. worst DPM in tire 8??? or the mobility...+5-10% in DPM and +5-10% on mobility would make this tank very competitive 

Cobra6 #20 Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16517 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostValkyrionX, on 29 May 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

Problem is that the T34, much like the Lowe was before the buff, are balanced to WoT in 2012, but we're not in 2012 anymore.

Terrible DPM of 1600 (comparative to stock T8 heavies) is a balancing of old that should be forgotten.

The Lowe got somewhat fixed by the armour increase but the T34 is still lagging behind by miles since the normal T8 heavy DPM is 1800+ nowadays.

Also, the mobility is pretty much on par with the Lowe because of a combination of the engine and ground resistance values.

All in all the T34 should get

- 1800-1900 DPM base

- Better aimtime

- Much better power to weight.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 29 May 2019 - 01:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users