WG content problem-Ranked, FL etc.... only for 5% of player base?

ranked frontlines

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Zoltan1251 #1 Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13751 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

I tried Ranked for the first time and was pretty excited. Well, its another boring grind.

WG is apparently very uninspired when it comes to creating content for this game. Every great idea is turned into putting dozens upon dozens of hours of gameplay in limited amount of days and only very minor percentage of player base, mostly the same people, has will or even time to complete the challenge.

I understand there has to be something for very dedicated players, im fine having marathons for tier 8 premiums this way, but this happens to every content they create. Why should Ranked battles have to be about grinding dozens of hours? Thats not the point of Ranked battles. Why not having players divided into divisions by 50 best battles played? Just change the system, change the rewards and everybody will be happy!!! Now i will just stop playing Ranked like many other players making hard work on that content useless since its only for few chosen people.

What do you think they should  change about this type of content?

XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53231 battles
Full tier 10 battles are bad even for the best players. Who thought it was a good idea to make a mode out of that, i have no idea!

Japualtah #3 Posted 29 May 2019 - 10:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31788 battles

I don't mind full tier Xs games.

What I do mind is being pitted against the top 5% of the playerbase even in qualification.

Not much WG can do about it probably.

Well, if I was in charge I would implement proper leagues, but let's not derail the thread.

Tealo #4 Posted 30 May 2019 - 12:47 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 40515 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF
Maybe WG should change it to no Gold ammo is allowed in ranked only Standard and HE make it different from random, It might even be fun :confused:

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 30 May 2019 - 02:02 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33579 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostTealo, on 30 May 2019 - 12:47 AM, said:

Maybe WG should change it to no Gold ammo is allowed in ranked only Standard and HE make it different from random, It might even be fun :confused:

I'm sure the Type5 players would consider that a great, well thought out idea. 

Tealo #6 Posted 30 May 2019 - 02:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 40515 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 30 May 2019 - 01:02 AM, said:

I'm sure the Type5 players would consider that a great, well thought out idea. 

You have a point :unsure:

Apart from the Type 5 it's only allowed gold ammo and no 'too' city/corridorish maps, So just Murovanka and Prokhorovka. Maybe Redshire, Westfield and Sandriver..

So maneuver and Flank, The essence of tank/mobile warfare :izmena:

Oh and no arty :arta:

NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 30 May 2019 - 03:37 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33579 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostTealo, on 30 May 2019 - 02:26 AM, said:

Oh and no arty :arta:

I'm sure every hulldown tank with a near impenetrable turret (IS7) would consider that a great, well thought out idea. 

Rattogigi #8 Posted 30 May 2019 - 04:34 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 58689 battles
The have to nerf premium ammo, and make ranked a "Skilled mode" not more a mode of  2key spamming and RNG HOPE of premium (OP) ammo.

Sfinski #9 Posted 30 May 2019 - 04:53 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 35713 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostRattogigi, on 30 May 2019 - 05:34 AM, said:

The have to nerf premium ammo, and make ranked a "Skilled mode" not more a mode of  2key spamming and RNG HOPE of premium (OP) ammo.

Yeah, it really requires a lot of skill to drive a tank you cant pen with normal ammo...

UrQuan #10 Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:18 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21323 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRattogigi, on 30 May 2019 - 04:34 AM, said:

Maus tanks everywhere.

When your honourable enemies refuse to shoot prem at your Maus

I like my Maus, but I won't complain about people shooting prem at me, because that tank is balanced against premium ammo.

Edited by UrQuan, 30 May 2019 - 06:19 AM.

tajj7 #11 Posted 30 May 2019 - 09:32 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27778 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostJapualtah, on 29 May 2019 - 09:05 PM, said:

What I do mind is being pitted against the top 5% of the playerbase even in qualification.

It's not top 5% of the playerbase, have you looked at some of those players, there are loads of like 50-51% players in the higher ranks, they have just played a lot of battles and if you get lucky with the teams you don't need to do a huge amount to progress. 

Maybe at the very very top right now its good players, but even then its good players who have a decent amount of time, but most people in like div 2 and 3 at the moment will be probably average or just above. Seen plenty of 48-49%ers

Elefantas #12 Posted 30 May 2019 - 09:42 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 52459 battles

correct me if i am wrong but previous ranked mode had way more balanced teams

now you see huge difference in ranks at teams

it's like random battles

Xanjori #13 Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:01 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15212 battles

View PostSfinski, on 30 May 2019 - 03:53 AM, said:

Yeah, it really requires a lot of skill to drive a tank you cant pen with normal ammo...

But pressing 2 and not aiming at weak spots requires more skill?

I've not had much time to commit to ranked, and I've also felt my tier 10 tanks are not the best tier 10s available, but I've tried to get in a few games. Realistically though I'd rather stick to normals and carry on being able to grind/afford the tanks I want, rather than shooting away all my credits. FL I also want to play some more of, but again I have poor tanks I feel for the mode (a lot of slower, not quite as strong premiums and only one or two other tier 8s) and haven't felt I've been able to contribute overly much to the games I'm in. I've set some tanks as goals though and will try to participate in FL next month, I'll see about hitting some more ranked now I've got a few days off work.

tajj7 #14 Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:07 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27778 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostXanjori, on 30 May 2019 - 09:01 AM, said:

But pressing 2 and not aiming at weak spots requires more skill?

Considering in a lot of cases you still have to aim at weakspots with premium ammo, yes. 

Type 5 and E100 turret aside, just trying to willy nilly spam premium ammo at many tier 10 targets is not going to get you very far. 

The armour on tier 10 is that rediculous that pretty much using premium ammo is how you used to have to aim with normal ammo.  

Maus you have to hit turret cheeks at the right spot or lower plate,IS7 turret nope, so you have to go lower plate, T95/Chieftain turret and upper plate, nope so sides and lower plate, 279e needs premium ammo on the hull and you have to hit certain spots, 430U you need the lower plate or cupolas, E3 you need to hit lower plate or your might pen the bottom section of cupola with premium ammo, Kranvagn turret you can forget with premium ammo, its hull or those tiny cupolas.  Strv 103B, unless you overmatch you need HEAT aimed at specific spots.

etc. etc

Xanjori #15 Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:11 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15212 battles

View Posttajj7, on 30 May 2019 - 09:07 AM, said:

Considering in a lot of cases you still have to aim at weakspots with premium ammo, yes. 

Type 5 and E100 turret aside, just trying to willy nilly spam premium ammo at many tier 10 targets is not going to get you very far. 

The problem with this is that other tanks are relying on making use of the armour they have, which isn't quite at the levels of the tanks you've listed, and gold ammo can negate that armour completely. What you end up with is a ranked system where the dominant tanks are those able to survive gold spam vs those that struggle heavily vs gold spam. 

I also just find it ridiculous that you can be in a tank made of paper, and people will spam gold at you anyway, I guess because it's better to pay 100k credits than risk shooting once and not penning a Maus?

Balc0ra #16 Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:30 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 71567 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostZoltan1251, on 29 May 2019 - 09:17 PM, said:

WG is apparently very uninspired when it comes to creating content for this game. Every great idea is turned into putting dozens upon dozens of hours of gameplay in limited amount of days and only very minor percentage of player base, mostly the same people, has will or even time to complete the challenge.

Just change the system, change the rewards and everybody will be happy!!! Now i will just stop playing Ranked like many other players making hard work on that content useless since its only for few chosen people.

That's the point of a grind. The bigger the rewards, the more effort you need. Regardless of what you get, you still have to play for it. Be that 5 games for a small reward, or 300 for a bigger reward. Ranked is not for everyone as it's tier X. Same with FL. Tho there the common complaint now is repetitiveness vs grinds. T-34S was a grind, but you did not have to go all the way to get it, as then the high-end reward was the skin for it, not the tank itself. As that's what FL kinda does, spreads the reward tanks around based on time spent, so even the casuals that only played a few games can get something. And if you play to the top rank, you still can't get all the rewards.

That and you don't want to make it to short and sweet for high tier tank rewards. As that might affect the MM a bit for awhile. 

As what do you think is a good idea for a tier 8 prem reward as an example vs marathon stage missions or FL etc to balance grin vs time limits. Even something as simple as having a battle count for randoms with no requirement, just play random battles would still be a grind then vs time if you don't play often. As to get something for all, even casuals that don't have time to play often, you kinda need something like personal missions that has no limit, but don't need tier X's etc. Unless the reward is simpler like a camo and emblem. Then the Halloween event more or less shows how not to do it for something that simple. 

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 29 May 2019 - 09:25 PM, said:

Full tier 10 battles are bad even for the best players. Who thought it was a good idea to make a mode out of that, i have no idea!

Tbh I would have liked it on tier 9 and 7 instead. As tier 8 suffers much the same way as X does with random maps and equal tiers. Tho tier 8 suffers more on the HT line than in general. As then most would play the new meta tanks vs the old. And thus some would be outclassed as is either way.

tajj7 #17 Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:23 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27778 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostXanjori, on 30 May 2019 - 09:11 AM, said:

The problem with this is that other tanks are relying on making use of the armour they have, which isn't quite at the levels of the tanks you've listed, and gold ammo can negate that armour completely. What you end up with is a ranked system where the dominant tanks are those able to survive gold spam vs those that struggle heavily vs gold spam. 

I also just find it ridiculous that you can be in a tank made of paper, and people will spam gold at you anyway, I guess because it's better to pay 100k credits than risk shooting once and not penning a Maus?

You wouldn't see those tanks anyway, last ranked was full of Type 5s and they still did well despite the premium spam, they are only not there because its derp gun was nerfed. 

All the rest are strong tier 10 tanks, they are there because of that, not because of the premium spam. Maus isn't used because its just too slow to be effective, though I have seen ones do well. 

And shots bounced off a Maus is wasted credits, you'll make more credits penning a Maus with HEAT than harmlessly bouncing of it with AP.  Someone is not going to change ammo and miss out on a shot of damage just because you pop up in a paper tank, and plus if you are in a paper tank and people are spamming HEAT you have more chance of bouncing it anyway because your tracks might eat the shot. 

Xanjori #18 Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:47 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15212 battles

View Posttajj7, on 30 May 2019 - 10:23 AM, said:

You wouldn't see those tanks anyway

I mean, I'm playing them :D

No the game isnt balanced around mediocre players, but I'd still like the chance for my tanks to be semi-useful. 

pecopad #19 Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:53 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28529 battles
  • [UGN] UGN
Just give ammo for ranked battles for free, I'm not going to pay 50K to be a HP pinata, but would probably do it for free.

Zoltan1251 #20 Posted 30 May 2019 - 12:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13751 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostBalc0ra, on 30 May 2019 - 10:30 AM, said:

That's the point of a grind. The bigger the rewards, the more effort you need. Regardless of what you get, you still have to play for it. Be that 5 games for a small reward, or 300 for a bigger reward. Ranked is not for everyone as it's tier X. Same with FL. Tho there the common complaint now is repetitiveness vs grinds. T-34S was a grind, but you did not have to go all the way to get it, as then the high-end reward was the skin for it, not the tank itself. As that's what FL kinda does, spreads the reward tanks around based on time spent, so even the casuals that only played a few games can get something. And if you play to the top rank, you still can't get all the rewards.

That and you don't want to make it to short and sweet for high tier tank rewards. As that might affect the MM a bit for awhile. 

As what do you think is a good idea for a tier 8 prem reward as an example vs marathon stage missions or FL etc to balance grin vs time limits. Even something as simple as having a battle count for randoms with no requirement, just play random battles would still be a grind then vs time if you don't play often. As to get something for all, even casuals that don't have time to play often, you kinda need something like personal missions that has no limit, but don't need tier X's etc. Unless the reward is simpler like a camo and emblem. Then the Halloween event more or less shows how not to do it for something that simple. 

Tbh I would have liked it on tier 9 and 7 instead. As tier 8 suffers much the same way as X does with random maps and equal tiers. Tho tier 8 suffers more on the HT line than in general. As then most would play the new meta tanks vs the old. And thus some would be outclassed as is either way.

but whats the point of new content?.... attracting more players right?.... how is this going to attract players to stay with game if content is only for very narrow players base.... i guess this is issue specifically because of grindy nature of the game itself but still

Also tagged with ranked, frontlines

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users