When a player clicks with the tank

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

chainreact0r #1 Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34660 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

When i started grinding the polish line, i hear mixed feelings about tier 8-10 tanks. The 53TP was pretty good, not bad not great i kinda enjoyed it, but then i got to the 50TP. First game was top gun and ace tanker. Thought to myself "huh, just a lucky first game i guess", and then i continued playing with it and oh boy what a story so far. My current stats in the tank are 38 battles 3104 dpg and 86.84% winrate. Absolutely ludicrous. The only tanks that barely come close to that are the foch tier 9 and heat-54, both of which i played when they were at their performance peak years ago in a completely different meta. 

I played the tank in platoons most of the time, but i did it with the same people that i get 60-65% in other tanks.

And it's not just about the winrate. It's about how the tank performs in my hands. It simply hits every snap shot, hits for 600+ more often than not, if i aim badly the shell goes off target exactly where it was supposed to go, and all kinds of weird RNG shenanigans. 

I believe that currently i have won 21 games in a row with this tank and the record is not broken. Every time it's the same story. Press 'W', get to the heavy brawling area and mow down anything that dares stand in my face. It almost feels like kicking puppies, because people also have trouble penetrating it although i know it's easy to pen, and i personally barely have problems when facing it.

While i am currently having a blast playing this tank, and most certainly will use those crew boosters to create a new 3-skill crew for it when i research the tier X, i am curious if other people have had a similar experience (ludicrous difference in performance compared to other similar tanks).

TungstenHitman #2 Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:57 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 30631 battles
I'm more familiar with when a player clicks on my tank. :arta:

Wintermute_1 #3 Posted 30 May 2019 - 12:01 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50005 battles
Good you found a tank you like and you are obviously very effective in it. I would say however that its not unusual for stats to look better than normal after only 38 games because you're still totally focused on making the new tank work and playing at your best. I'd say after 200 games you have a better idea and after 500 you have the reality.

Bordhaw #4 Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:52 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14894 battles

View Postchainreact0r, on 30 May 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

i am curious if other people have had a similar experience (ludicrous difference in performance compared to other similar tanks).

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:58 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34085 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
70% WR over 89 battles. It's a good tank.

iuytr #6 Posted 30 May 2019 - 09:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12148 battles
I have the opposite experience, and there are 2 tanks which I have strangely poor stats, the Pz IVD and the Tier V Leopard. Stats for the PZ IVA and IVH are similar to each other, but the IVD is a lot lower no idea why. As for the Leopard, again no idea why. (My stats in the Pz 1C and Luchs are also bad, but they are very popular tanks played by many seal clubbers, so I can understand that).

Edited by iuytr, 30 May 2019 - 09:22 PM.

chainreact0r #7 Posted 31 May 2019 - 07:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34660 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 30 May 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

70% WR over 89 battles. It's a good tank.

But that's the thing. A couple of friends have the tank and they insist that it is trash. That it has no armor and the gun never works. But i feel like every time i fire, stalin's hand rises from the grave and guides the shot exactly in the lower plate of st-i at 400 meters, and exactly in the roadwheel of a tank retreating into cover resulting in track+dmg. And this happens even when i aim badly.

The only other tank i've experienced this phenomenon with are russian tanks :trollface:. I guess at some point when WG implemented this tank they accidentally gave it the russian coefficient for accuracy and forgot about it. Btw the stalin guided shots only happen with gold for some reason. AP almost never flies true.

UrQuan #8 Posted 31 May 2019 - 07:29 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21336 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Glad you found a tank that clicked with you :great: Always nice when you find that one tank that matches your playstyle, down to details. Some find it late, some find it early, and it isn't always some OP or strong tank at times. It can even be a tank that is bad in most people's hands (know some players like that & they make that 'bad' tank work magic). 

My advice, keep having fun with it & when the inevitable bad run comes up, don't get discouraged. Play something else for a while, so not to taint that fun favorite tank. And when you come back to it, take revenge upon those bad players & carry them to victory in your awesome tank, make it do things people don't even consider possible :medal:

Got something similar going with the KV-4, I discovered it early in my WoT career & still have fun with it, it's the only tank where I felt motivated enough to chase for 3 marks (something I'm terrible at)  &still proud I managed that.

Also enjoy surviving odds that make others go 'How?' The benefit of a tank that clicks with you, you can do stuff with it that makes people question things:harp:

Signed, the local KV-4 fanatic

Edited by UrQuan, 31 May 2019 - 07:30 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users