AMX 13 90

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

_6i6_ #1 Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19564 battles
  • [A__K] A__K

I really have enjoyed the french LT's so far(even the powercrept AMX elc - lots of handbrake kills with it).

Did really good with the amx 12t, 3 marked the 13-75, trying to 3 mark the bc12t, and now started the amx 13 90 and wanted some pro advice!

After having played 20-30 battles with it, it seems to me its playstyle has to be quite different from the 13-75/bc 12 t.

Im using optics/binos/vents but i think with all the corridor maps going around maybe this is not the optimum setup?

Crew is a 4 skill team grinding the 5th.

The one problem i see is it has slow acceleration from 0 and the gun handling can be meh sometimes.

Other than that, it can be devastating i must say.

Any advice would be welcome :)

XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 30 May 2019 - 01:15 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

I use optics, v-stabs and vents. Carry a good amount of gold and use food if you have the credits, will make the gun handling and mobility a bit better.

Start taking your gun seriously, this little dude can do damage. Don't be shy to join the mediums and clip an enemy while he's reloading. You aren't mainly a scout anymore and as with every other autoloader, you don't need to empty the full clip.

If you're sniping let your gun aim, that apply to almost all french guns, they can't snap. When chasing someone don't be afraid to shoot on the move if you think you're close enough (requires training room).

Overall one of the best lights in the game, a potent assassin and loads of fun to play. Good luck! :)

sokolicc #3 Posted 30 May 2019 - 01:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31616 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
Vents, vstab, optics.
Good camo, good speed, use it like 13 75 (unless you were too passive in 13 75.
It can do damage, reload is nice, unload decent, shell velocity decent.
One of the best lights in the game.

Literaly, use it as scout from the begining and damage dealer/scout near the end.
Don't be afraid to do damage, it prints damage very easy, 960/clip in under 7 seconds. Nice thing, if you ask me.

And consicer keeping it together with tier 10.

_6i6_ #4 Posted 30 May 2019 - 01:44 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19564 battles
  • [A__K] A__K

Thanks for ur input kuz.

Vstab was ofcourse the other option but am not sure whether to drop binos or optics to try.

Guess will have to try with both. Though if i use food, i guess droping optics would make more sense

12:49 Added after 4 minutes

View Postsokolicc, on 30 May 2019 - 02:40 PM, said:

Vents, vstab, optics.

Literaly, use it as scout from the begining and damage dealer/scout near the end.
Don't be afraid to do damage, it prints damage very easy, 960/clip in under 7 seconds. Nice thing, if you ask me.

with the 13 75 i tried both ways.more passive at the beggining and more aggressive from mid game on.

I guess ill have to find the sweet spots for the 13 90 with trying the equipment

sokolicc #5 Posted 30 May 2019 - 01:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31616 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

Just got unexpected 3rd mark on it.
Had a lot of games recently with ~4+k dmg and no spot since coridors and city maps were happening too often.

Ye, crew is amazing, just don't waste it's potential with binos, and Vstab will help, it has worse gun handling than 13 75. I remember 13 75 worked like a charm!

And buy some food on discounts and use it later. Food means a lot, especially for lights.

Edited by sokolicc, 30 May 2019 - 01:54 PM.

Suurpolskija #6 Posted 30 May 2019 - 01:54 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22821 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI
First thing I check when I get a new tank is: Can it mount Vstab? If it can, I give it Vstab. 

sokolicc #7 Posted 30 May 2019 - 01:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31616 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostSuurpolskija, on 30 May 2019 - 01:54 PM, said:

First thing I check when I get a new tank is: Can it mount Vstab? If it can, I give it Vstab. 

This!!1

Except it's T92lt or T100LT (for special purposes, clan battles etc).

fwhaatpiraat #8 Posted 30 May 2019 - 01:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 59517 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

The play style doesn't differ that much imo, but the 13-90 has a much stronger gun. 2 or 3 hits from the 12t usually don't deal that much damage, but 480 or 720 is significant imo. Also easier to detrack enemies. Biggest tip I can give you might be a bit vague but whatever: learn when to use your gun and when you don't. If stuff gets spotted in the back, it's sometimes better to not scare enemies and to stay hidden. There is no point in dealing 2-3 shots of damage yourself, if an enemy can get shot for much more by your teammatates. Also, if you're top tier, don't camp but make use your gun.

Also, drop the binocs for vstabs. Together with optics they are a must on light tanks.

Edited by fwhaatpiraat, 30 May 2019 - 02:02 PM.

sokolicc #9 Posted 30 May 2019 - 02:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31616 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
And drop bloody binos. Useless piece of garbage. If you have 460-470m viewrange it's enough, with 4 skills you have camo on 38%. Pretty awesome scout setup. But consider it has best firepower of all lights so maybe try to focus on that too.
13:02 Added after 2 minutes

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 30 May 2019 - 01:59 PM, said:

The play style doesn't differ that much imo, but the 13-90 has a much stronger gun. 2 or 3 hits from the 12t usually don't deal that much damage, but 480 or 720 is significant imo. Also easier to detrack enemies. Biggest tip I can give you might be a bit vague but whatever: learn when to use your gun and when you don't. If stuff gets spotted in the back, it's sometimes better to not scare enemies and to stay hidden. There is no point in dealing 2-3 shots of damage yourself, if an enemy can get shot for much more by your teammatates. Also, if you're top tier, don't camp but make use your gun.

Everything is map and team and battle dependant. 

But usually, it can spot and deal damage very well so don't drop any of those strengths.

rabitson #10 Posted 30 May 2019 - 02:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28700 battles

View Postsokolicc, on 30 May 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

Vents, vstab, optics.

Exactly, and with HE shells you can do over 1200 dmg, some times.

TungstenHitman #11 Posted 30 May 2019 - 02:16 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30651 battles

View Postrabitson, on 30 May 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

Exactly, and with HE shells you can do over 1200 dmg, some times.

I never risked it. It doesn't carry enough ammo worth losing 4 precious shells just for the odd rare scenario in which that might actually ever be a thing and even rarer scenario in which are in a position to reliably make all 4 HE shells 100% hit and pen. Most likely you are going to hit a track or gun with at least 1 or 2 of those in which case you will actually have done significantly less damage than the far more reliable 3-4 pens from ap or apcr. 

O ya and Vstabs, never leave home without it. Binos on a light tank at T9? whaaaaaaa??

Edited by TungstenHitman, 30 May 2019 - 02:17 PM.

Danger__UXB #12 Posted 30 May 2019 - 02:17 PM

Major

• Player
  • 9786 battles

The 1390 i the best multi-role tank i know in this game...I have over 1300 games in it ...it my go-to tank (Tho not played a good while)..

It has a deft touch but can also hit like a hammer when needed...if you can 3 mark the 1375 you will breeze this as soon as you get your head around this;...At tier 9 you are such a loss to your team if you sit in a bush so

lose the bino's...be 'Active' and react is what works for me...

The damage potential in mid or top tier make you a killer med so you need to play it so...and with that short reload you do not most of the time need to even dis-engage the enemy (Yes!! this tank is cheeky)

You can still play the light game whatever your position in the team but with the short reload you will need to be very active and play as a med on steroids....

..You are not a med or a light but can do both jobs very effectively indeed..== 'Multi-role'...do this and the tnk will sing for you...if you play it just as a light you will suffer..

Balc0ra #13 Posted 30 May 2019 - 02:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 73426 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I ran vents, optics and biniocs when I did the LT missions with it. Now I swapped the binocs for vstab as I play the bully role more so then scout role with it of late up close. I don't sit back with it that often. And if I do it's not bad at it as long as you let the aim settle vs going when the internal clip reload is done. If your spotting, then play it like the others before it tbh. If you are focusing on damage. Just relocate when you reload, follow the meds, shoot anything not aiming at you, reload and fall back and do it again. It loves maps like the middle of Overlord if you want to bully vs spot. 

It's not as agile as the others true, but still a great passive and active scout. But IMO a bit better and flexible on the hit and runs with the clip it has vs alpha etc vs the lights before it.

_6i6_ #14 Posted 30 May 2019 - 04:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19564 battles
  • [A__K] A__K

Thanks for the tips everyone!

I will be making some changes tonight and adapt :)

15:31 Added after 4 minutes

View PostTungstenHitman, on 30 May 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

I never risked it. It doesn't carry enough ammo worth losing 4 precious shells just for the odd rare scenario in which that might actually ever be a thing and even rarer scenario in which are in a position to reliably make all 4 HE shells 100% hit and pen. Most likely you are going to hit a track or gun with at least 1 or 2 of those in which case you will actually have done significantly less damage than the far more reliable 3-4 pens from ap or apcr. 

O ya and Vstabs, never leave home without it. Binos on a light tank at T9? whaaaaaaa??

Well i did want to see how it plays with similar setup like the ones before considering it is my first tier 9 light...but yeah i realise that it is prolly useless at this tier anymore

rabitson #15 Posted 30 May 2019 - 04:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28700 battles

Block Quote

TungstenHitman

Four shells just in cace. For example: race for the hill on Mines; get behind back of some LT (which often happens on other maps to): every hit goes over 320hp in 90% of cases. Then you have scorpG, su130pm, WTF... It is important to evaluate the situation.

Edited by rabitson, 30 May 2019 - 04:51 PM.

TungstenHitman #16 Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:54 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30651 battles

View Post_6i6_, on 30 May 2019 - 03:27 PM, said:

Thanks for the tips everyone!

I will be making some changes tonight and adapt :)

15:31 Added after 4 minutes

Well i did want to see how it plays with similar setup like the ones before considering it is my first tier 9 light...but yeah i realise that it is prolly useless at this tier anymore

I stopped running binos on the French light at tier7 since I could just about squeeze full view range even then. With the tier9, I wasn't sure but I actually hit 460 view range and again, with no food or anything fancy. You said you had a 4 skill crew so train your commander to BIA, 6th sense, camo and situ. Even with recon you can still hit 450 and since it's got great camo and pretty decent mobility you can close the gap to light up tanks with some decent camo ratings just keep active all the time. 

View Postrabitson, on 30 May 2019 - 03:50 PM, said:

Four shells just in cace. For example: race for the hill on Mines; get behind back of some LT (which often happens on other maps to): every hit goes over 320hp in 90% of cases. Then you have scorpG, su130pm, WTF... It is important to evaluate the situation.

I don't have my 13 90 very long but from my battles so far I'd still be slow to lose an extra mag of AP or APCR for HE. I'll toy around with the idea and might try it to see if it justifies the risk. I usually end up running light on ammo and if there was no engagement during that battle in which I needed the HE and it came to some really tight end game show down, I'd be seriously p'd off I am facing anything, even a papery tank, with only HE left or that I found myself a mag of APCR short at some other stage during the battle since I won't run with just all premo ammo. 

I get your point though and speaking of Mines, here's a replay of such an encounter. I scrap with that OP Russian premium tier8 on the hill at the start and land all 4 shells just taking my time to make sure they all go in, would he be dead if I had used HE? would I have penned all 4 HE? What if instead of a light I encountered a fast med instead or I'm shown some more solid side armor or front if they don't panic and engage me sensibly? You, see, I just wouldn't risk it especially for that first engagement, I might get tracked and spun to face the front of a medium or heavy in which case I will want to at least get all 4 AP into his lower plate of face if possible, definitely not possible with HE. Also, I end up with just 5 shells left in this battle and this may be fine in this battle with enough teammates to most likely get the win even without me but there can and will be future encounters where it's just me on my own or with another teammate and I will face these same stronk armor TDs and I'll be kicking myself I have to try and win with just 4 HE and 1 apcr left lol! Still got a long way to go until I get to the tier10 so I have time to try a few outings with some HE though, just to see :)

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4891009#stats

rabitson #17 Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28700 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 30 May 2019 - 06:54 PM, said:

I don't have my 13 90 very long but from my battles so far I'd still be slow to lose an extra mag of AP or APCR for HE. I'll toy around with the idea and might try it to see if it justifies the risk. I usually end up running light on ammo and if there was no engagement during that battle in which I needed the HE and it came to some really tight end game show down, I'd be seriously p'd off I am facing anything, even a papery tank, with only HE left or that I found myself a mag of APCR short at some other stage during the battle since I won't run with just all premo ammo. 

I get your point though and speaking of Mines, here's a replay of such an encounter. I scrap with that OP Russian premium tier8 on the hill at the start and land all 4 shells just taking my time to make sure they all go in, would he be dead if I had used HE? would I have penned all 4 HE? What if instead of a light I encountered a fast med instead or I'm shown some more solid side armor or front if they don't panic and engage me sensibly? You, see, I just wouldn't risk it especially for that first engagement, I might get tracked and spun to face the front of a medium or heavy in which case I will want to at least get all 4 AP into his lower plate of face if possible, definitely not possible with HE. Also, I end up with just 5 shells left in this battle and this may be fine in this battle with enough teammates to most likely get the win even without me but there can and will be future encounters where it's just me on my own or with another teammate and I will face these same stronk armor TDs and I'll be kicking myself I have to try and win with just 4 HE and 1 apcr left lol! Still got a long way to go until I get to the tier10 so I have time to try a few outings with some HE though, just to see :)

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4891009#stats

Your thinking is very optimistic. I mean, to make 9600 dmg with 13 90 is theoretically possible, but only theoretically.

Listen man, I just wanted to say that I had a lot of fun ambushing Scorp-Gs, wtfs... and trolling other lights, that's all. On the other hand, everyone is free to make combinations according to their game play style.

Have fun!

Fizzymagic #18 Posted 31 May 2019 - 07:54 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 49240 battles
  • [-O-H-] -O-H-
Just changed to vstab and optics from binos and cam net after reading this. The difference is amazing. Well done the forum. Cheers

TankkiPoju #19 Posted 31 May 2019 - 08:38 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23734 battles

Also the key to p0wning in autoloader light tanks is to often forget you are playing a light tank and go into full damage dealer mode.

Tanks like 13 90 have almost 1k clipping potential and 1200 health. If you can take out heavies and mediums safely while taking only one hit yourself, it's often worth it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users