How can we turn the random battle backing into a team event?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Crouching_Panther #1 Posted 30 May 2019 - 02:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4176 battles
  • [BOF] BOF

I haven't even been playing this game 6 months yet and it seams to be changing so fast or pahaps I was too new to notice what may have already been happening. 

Random battles are turning into a make credits and xp farming event rather than a battle between two teams. How did it get to the point were people are shooting team mates, walking away from games that they think they are going to loose or even joining a game and walking away before it starts in the knowledge that the team may win for them and they will still make credit and xp without participation whatever happens. 

If we can still benefit from zero input that's a problem. 

Perhaps some motivation is required - 

Charge a nominal fee in credits to enter a battle

All spoils go to the winning team

Understand that its a fine balance to get the numbers right but it would help to motivate a team mentality. 

I Don't think that it would be too bad a penalty for us lesser players as the mm spreads us across both teams

So it's all about the team rather than the player. Winning team would still get the spoils distributed according to contribution, but you have to win to get your share. 

A random delayed tank roll out at start of battle would also help to avoid the mad rush by all players to their favourite place.

Release the first 5 tanks wait some time

Release another 5 wait again, then release the last 5.

I Don't think the 2min 15-0 games is because of mm, rather a result of the mad rush off the start and the fact the many tanks are now to fast for the maps they are on.

If deployment is more balanced its much more likely to be a longer and more enjoyable game. 

13:23 Added after 7 minutes

Another option to stop a mad rush to the same place is to spread out the initial deployment locations a bit more.

Edited by Crouching_Panther, 30 May 2019 - 02:28 PM.

vasilinhorulezz #2 Posted 30 May 2019 - 02:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28027 battles
2/10.

tajj7 #3 Posted 30 May 2019 - 02:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28211 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostCrouching_Panther, on 30 May 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

I Don't think the 2min 15-0 games is because of mm, rather a result of the mad rush off the start and the fact the many tanks are now to fast for the maps they are on.

They happen because the game is 15 v 15 random players with no re-spawns and a numbers advantage is massive, so as soon as you get a numbers advantage it can snowball very quickly into a one sided game. 

Slyspy #4 Posted 30 May 2019 - 02:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14699 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

The game has always been like this. The best you can do is to make sure that you play to win for your team. This isn't always the same as playing with your team.

Propjesschieter #5 Posted 30 May 2019 - 04:27 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3983 battles
Simple, look minimap and help team.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users