Jump to content


Foch 155 equipment (2019)


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

D34THNOTE #1 Posted 30 May 2019 - 05:51 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 14845 battles
  • 66
  • [SI-S] SI-S
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011

Hello, as Black Market is ending with Foch 155, I thought I'd like to see a discussion about equipment I, and everyone else who bought it, could try out.

 

I'm really thinking about two options now, one is pretty obviously, Enhanced Gun Laying Drive, binos and camo net

 

the other being Enhanced Gun Laying Drive, vents, optics

 

and after playing with first set up for few battles, I don't really see a point of trying out the second one, and I don't have enough credits now to just "risk" spending them on something I might not like

 

My conclusions are: with such obvious weakspots there is no way this tank's gonna be on first line actually pushing, also 1,8k hp melts down so fast you might not realize that you've been spotted before you're dead. So the only way to play this tank is really using distance where enemies might not hit your big [edited]cupolas, or preferably not letting them spot you at all

 

So, is there really any reason to not use first set I mentioned? 5% faster aiming, reloading etc. isn't really that much, 380 viewrange is just garbage even with optics and you don't get that sweet additional camo

 

What's your opinion? Share it!



r00barb #2 Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:02 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27533 battles
  • 11,106
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

Vents, binos and optics. EGLD only gets you 0.26s off the aim time (according to tanks.gg) and it only works when the gun isn't moving so keep that for tanks with aiming times over 3s or arty. You have the mobility of a medium tank so use it to provide second-line support to your mediums. Binos and optics don't stack but with both you've got options depending on the map you drop into.

 

By the time you reach tier 10 your crew should have full camo skill and with paint you're not gaining a lot more from a camo net that doesn't work when you have to shift your hull, which will be often given the narrow arc of the gun.

 

Disclaimer - I don't have a Foch, I don't particularly want one and I don't play TDs particularly well but hey, you asked for opinions. 



fwhaatpiraat #3 Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:08 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 58600 battles
  • 1,772
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013
Haven't played it yet, but I would suggest vents, gld and binocs. If I played with food I would switch binocs for optics.

JCD3nton #4 Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:10 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27761 battles
  • 286
  • Member since:
    11-29-2013

Skill's equipment page:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_mwckA9FjCagYmP8nJt367cz23dRdSFTY7w80MpqCME/pubhtml#

GLD - Optics- Vents



D34THNOTE #5 Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:10 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 14845 battles
  • 66
  • [SI-S] SI-S
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011

View Postr00barb, on 30 May 2019 - 05:02 PM, said:

Vents, binos and optics. EGLD only gets you 0.26s off the aim time (according to tanks.gg) and it only works when the gun isn't moving so keep that for tanks with aiming times over 3s or arty. You have the mobility of a medium tank so use it to provide second-line support to your mediums. Binos and optics don't stack but with both you've got options depending on the map you drop into.

 

By the time you reach tier 10 your crew should have full camo skill and with paint you're not gaining a lot more from a camo net that doesn't work when you have to shift your hull, which will be often given the narrow arc of the gun.

 

Disclaimer - I don't have a Foch, I don't particularly want one and I don't play TDs particularly well but hey, you asked for opinions. 

 

you don't have to move all that much when you're far away though!

 

Honestly camo is nice as it gives you 15%, and really, especially now, there's no room to move, in this tank on maps that we have in WoT I mostly sit on back because moving somewhere would mean getting FV215ed for possibly full HP(confirmed, don't ask how) or other happy Foch 155 camper

 

EGLD gives exactly -0.26 aim time, and that's quite something especially when you have 3 shells to use and you might need to move because of 5 sec reload between each shot



24doom24 #6 Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:15 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8354 battles
  • 417
  • [WW3] WW3
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012
I have GLD optics and improved vents on mine. I also have a BIA crew so that helps. Permanent 440m view range is really good and once I start training VR skills it will be over 445.

Edited by 24doom24, 30 May 2019 - 06:15 PM.


r00barb #7 Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:18 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27533 battles
  • 11,106
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostD34THNOTE, on 30 May 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

you don't have to move all that much when you're far away though!

 

Honestly camo is nice as it gives you 15%, and really, especially now, there's no room to move, in this tank on maps that we have in WoT I mostly sit on back because moving somewhere would mean getting FV215ed for possibly full HP(confirmed, don't ask how) or other happy Foch 155 camper

 

EGLD gives exactly -0.26 aim time, and that's quite something especially when you have 3 shells to use and you might need to move because of 5 sec reload between each shot

 

Why ask for opinions when what you really wanted was for people to tell you that you're right?

24doom24 #8 Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:18 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8354 battles
  • 417
  • [WW3] WW3
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostD34THNOTE, on 30 May 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

 

you don't have to move all that much when you're far away though!

 

Honestly camo is nice as it gives you 15%, and really, especially now, there's no room to move, in this tank on maps that we have in WoT I mostly sit on back because moving somewhere would mean getting FV215ed for possibly full HP(confirmed, don't ask how) or other happy Foch 155 camper

 

EGLD gives exactly -0.26 aim time, and that's quite something especially when you have 3 shells to use and you might need to move because of 5 sec reload between each shot

Well technically its more than 0.26s because the ingame stat only shows the value to aim by 60%. So its actually a bit more. But in the end no equipment will help if rng decides that your shot should land in the empty space between a tanks turret and hull and then bouncing the following two.


Edited by 24doom24, 30 May 2019 - 06:19 PM.


D34THNOTE #9 Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:19 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 14845 battles
  • 66
  • [SI-S] SI-S
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011

View Postr00barb, on 30 May 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

 

Why ask for opinions when what you really wanted was for people to tell you that you're right?

 

that's called discussion, lol

r00barb #10 Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:28 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27533 battles
  • 11,106
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostD34THNOTE, on 30 May 2019 - 05:19 PM, said:

that's called discussion, lol

 

You asked for opinions, I gave you mine including a disclaimer that I have no experience of the tank. In response, you told me I was wrong and listed various reasons why. That's not really a discussion but hey, if that's what you're looking for ... you've completely ignored that on some maps you simply can't park far away from the action and in a TD with armour and mobility, you're wasting those attributes. You've spent 25m credits on a TD you have no idea how to play and now you're wanting validation for thinking you can treat it like a Borsig or SU-130 PM. I'm sure you could and I'm sure you'll get some wonderful results from playing a fast assault TD like that but generally you won't be helping the team, only yourself. If that's what you want that's up to you but I'd rather have a more active player on my team.

 

But that's just my opinion. :rolleyes:



D34THNOTE #11 Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:37 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 14845 battles
  • 66
  • [SI-S] SI-S
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011

View Postr00barb, on 30 May 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

 

You asked for opinions, I gave you mine including a disclaimer that I have no experience of the tank. In response, you told me I was wrong and listed various reasons why. That's not really a discussion but hey, if that's what you're looking for ... you've completely ignored that on some maps you simply can't park far away from the action and in a TD with armour and mobility, you're wasting those attributes. You've spent 25m credits on a TD you have no idea how to play and now you're wanting validation for thinking you can treat it like a Borsig or SU-130 PM. I'm sure you could and I'm sure you'll get some wonderful results from playing a fast assault TD like that but generally you won't be helping the team, only yourself. If that's what you want that's up to you but I'd rather have a more active player on my team.

 

But that's just my opinion. :rolleyes:

 

with armor, and weakspots so big that you'd have to be retarded to aim anywhere else other than them.

 

I just like to try out new things, I can play it like FV215 and it kinda works, I was hoping for someone experienced to maybe tell how this tank can be used in offensive way, as I don't see this working but I'm not pro

I didn't say you're wrong, I explained that WoT maps aren't big, so when you pick position far from first line you might not have to move at all, or very little

 

I don't want to be offensive and I don't look for some useless validation, it's my business how I'll play my Foch at the end of the day, I like reading different opinions and takes at the same tank, and discuss

 

I said that you don't have to move that much because of size of maps and how tunnely they are, you can disagree with this with some arguments and then there's healthy discussion happening!



r00barb #12 Posted 30 May 2019 - 06:50 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27533 battles
  • 11,106
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostD34THNOTE, on 30 May 2019 - 05:37 PM, said:

I just like to try out new things ...

 

By the way you flatly refuse to consider the suggestions I put forward, I doubt that very much.

 

WoT maps aren't big when you compare to some other games but Malinovka certainly feels a lot bigger than Himmelsdorf and what about a map like Ruinberg - what would you do there? Park up on the back line with the arty? You're effectively removing yourself from the battle until you see whether your team is winning or not ... you're playing a top tier assault TD and like that you're not doing anything to help your team, you're only reacting to what they achieve.

 

Yes, you have big weakspots but that's why you also have mobility. You could sit still allowing them to aim at your weakspots or you could try moving about a bit.

 

I agree that it's your business how you play your Foch but you specifically asked for opinions. You didn't ask for a discussion, otherwise I would have approached this differently. Suffice to say that we disagree on how to play the tank, you have it and I don't so it's your problem. I only hope that I see you on the other team and not mine if that's how you propose to play it.



Balc0ra #13 Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:06 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 72848 battles
  • 20,703
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Vents, GLD, optics. This is not often a red line camper TD, so bincos will be a waste half the time, or on some maps vs optics. Mine has 458m view range with optics "42m from optics alone". Camo net might give you 30% when standing still. But it's still gonna be bad when firing or moving vs it. So it makes little difference to be worth the slot IMO. You need vents to boost both the view range, load time and driving. You need optics so you're not 100% blind when moving, and not just when you camp. And GLD as not all shots will be fully aimed at the back. When you are up front that will be a godsend. 

D34THNOTE #14 Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:31 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 14845 battles
  • 66
  • [SI-S] SI-S
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011

View Postr00barb, on 30 May 2019 - 05:50 PM, said:

 

By the way you flatly refuse to consider the suggestions I put forward, I doubt that very much.

 

WoT maps aren't big when you compare to some other games but Malinovka certainly feels a lot bigger than Himmelsdorf and what about a map like Ruinberg - what would you do there? Park up on the back line with the arty? You're effectively removing yourself from the battle until you see whether your team is winning or not ... you're playing a top tier assault TD and like that you're not doing anything to help your team, you're only reacting to what they achieve.

 

Yes, you have big weakspots but that's why you also have mobility. You could sit still allowing them to aim at your weakspots or you could try moving about a bit.

 

I agree that it's your business how you play your Foch but you specifically asked for opinions. You didn't ask for a discussion, otherwise I would have approached this differently. Suffice to say that we disagree on how to play the tank, you have it and I don't so it's your problem. I only hope that I see you on the other team and not mine if that's how you propose to play it.

 

Probably wait for some flanking opportunity on hill(Himmlesdorf), tried pushing after heavies or something like this.

 

I don't refuse trying out your suggestions, I actually do try many thing on this tank when I play it, after getting some experience I think that this tank needs SOME distance to utilize it's armor, and mobility won't prevent enemies from hitting your weakspots really

 

I'm not saying it can't be played offensively, I really want to play it that way, it was more of my first impressions that seems to work better on some distance, not as full sniper sitting next to Strvs. It can't push tier 10 tanks as first tank for sure because it's gonna be vaporised immediately 



24doom24 #15 Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:41 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8354 battles
  • 417
  • [WW3] WW3
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostBalc0ra, on 30 May 2019 - 06:06 PM, said:

Vents, GLD, optics. This is not often a red line camper TD, so bincos will be a waste half the time, or on some maps vs optics. Mine has 458m view range with optics "42m from optics alone". Camo net might give you 30% when standing still. But it's still gonna be bad when firing or moving vs it. So it makes little difference to be worth the slot IMO. You need vents to boost both the view range, load time and driving. You need optics so you're not 100% blind when moving, and not just when you camp. And GLD as not all shots will be fully aimed at the back. When you are up front that will be a godsend. 

 

How can your optics give 42m extra view range if its base view rang is 380m? Optics add 10%, 380 + 38

Balc0ra #16 Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:51 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 72848 battles
  • 20,703
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Post24doom24, on 30 May 2019 - 07:41 PM, said:

 

How can your optics give 42m extra view range if its base view rang is 380m? Optics add 10%, 380 + 38

 

Because optics adds on everything else before it, not just on base view range alone. I get 10 from BIA, 9 from vents, 8 from Recon and 9 from situational awareness on top of the base view range. So I have 416m before optics is added. Round that up and it's 42m.

D34THNOTE #17 Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:54 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 14845 battles
  • 66
  • [SI-S] SI-S
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011

View PostBalc0ra, on 30 May 2019 - 06:06 PM, said:

Vents, GLD, optics. This is not often a red line camper TD, so bincos will be a waste half the time, or on some maps vs optics. Mine has 458m view range with optics "42m from optics alone". Camo net might give you 30% when standing still. But it's still gonna be bad when firing or moving vs it. So it makes little difference to be worth the slot IMO. You need vents to boost both the view range, load time and driving. You need optics so you're not 100% blind when moving, and not just when you camp. And GLD as not all shots will be fully aimed at the back. When you are up front that will be a godsend. 

 

GLD is a must have definitely, I'm trying out optics and vents but still not sure if they're worth it, it's only 5% from vents which is not much at all, and optics, yeah they are nice if you're always running which is a case in this tank sometimes

 

as I see people generally tend to choose standard, sort of obivous, GLD, optics, vents. And there is a reason I sort of understand(I guess) though I still think that changing vents for either camo or even binos as r00barb said might be actually a smart move depending on one's playstyle


Edited by D34THNOTE, 30 May 2019 - 07:54 PM.


KanonenVogel19 #18 Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:29 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 390 battles
  • 539
  • Member since:
    04-05-2019

I would have picked gld (because no rammer), binos and vents. I would not have picked optics since you're missing out on 15% viewrange. As a TD, you spend much more time sitting still and shooting rather than running around spotting stuff, so binos are much better. Basically, when moving into a new firing position, you want to spot as efficiently as possible when you're already shooting from the position, not when you're on your way moving there.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users