• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

L0rd_0f_War #1 Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14354 battles
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-

Hi tankers,

I have been away from the game a while. So would like your help with a few things, which I can't get clear answers to after doing searches online and on Youtube (sorry if I couldn't find the correct answer):

1. I was just looking into mod packs on the WGmods.net and tried the SOLO and Protanki (russian) mod packs. While SOLO is almost all in English, one section of the Mod Configurator was in Russian. Protanki installer works fine in English, with proper English descriptions, but the Mod Configurator is entirely in Russian. I wanted to ask if there is a way to translate the Mod Configurators, or a link which explains these Russian sections.

2. Am I right to assume that all mods available on the WGmods.net are legal and approved by WG. Some mods seemed borderline given the fair play policy I read long ago. And are the armour pen calculator mods still legal?

Thanks.

BravelyRanAway #2 Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24333 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostL0rd_0f_War, on 30 May 2019 - 06:40 PM, said:

Am I right to assume that all mods available on the WGmods.net are legal and approved by WG. Some mods seemed borderline given the fair play policy I read long ago. And are the armour pen calculator mods still legal?

WG are so clear with their policy about what's legal even on their own portal......that I wouldn't install any mod.

Bracciano_gatto #3 Posted 30 May 2019 - 09:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2916 battles

All the mods on the Mod hub are OK with WG. But there is always a chance of a mishap.

I recall some mods will be illegal on 01 June; keep an eye on the main page. Don't recall which ones ... sorry.

Vanilla does it for me.

Edit; found it, read the following  https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/fair-play-policy-update-april-2019/

Edited by Bracciano_gatto, 30 May 2019 - 09:28 PM.

L0rd_0f_War #4 Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14354 battles
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-

View PostBracciano_gatto, on 30 May 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

All the mods on the Mod hub are OK with WG. But there is always a chance of a mishap.

I recall some mods will be illegal on 01 June; keep an eye on the main page. Don't recall which ones ... sorry.

Vanilla does it for me.

Edit; found it, read the following  https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/fair-play-policy-update-april-2019/

Thank you for the link. Two of the updated fair policy prohibited mods are (I believe) available in the ProTanki modpack at this time. So I will make sure they aren't selected. Though WG does state that all Mods from WG's mod portal are fine. I suppose after June 1st, these mod packs must be updated accordingly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users