M10 marathon mission 10

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

WojtekTheBear #1 Posted 01 June 2019 - 11:51 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28995 battles
I really hope they make the 10th mission really hard. Like ludicrously hard. Like super extra near impossible. Because up until this time all those missions are easy and it would be such a good joke on the WG part to make the 10th mission impossible to do. Or like super extra annoying. There are so many annoying things in this game, that I think it could be appreciated by the community, if they did something like that. It would complement the game perfectly and it would show that WG staff is self aware. I would even consider extending my premium account (which I have like 40 days left and I decided not to spend more money on the game until some problems are solved, so that would be something).

So, make the 10th mission impossible or at least super annoying (like get hit by arty 20 times in a battle or something), I would greatly appreciate your sense of humor! Thanks!

Miepie #2 Posted 01 June 2019 - 11:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4059 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostWojtekTheBear, on 01 June 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

I really hope they make the 10th mission really hard. Like ludicrously hard. Like super extra near impossible. Because up until this time all those missions are easy and it would be such a good joke on the WG part to make the 10th mission impossible to do. Or like super extra annoying. There are so many annoying things in this game, that I think it could be appreciated by the community, if they did something like that. It would complement the game perfectly and it would show that WG staff is self aware. I would even consider extending my premium account (which I have like 40 days left and I decided not to spend more money on the game until some problems are solved, so that would be something).

So, make the 10th mission impossible or at least super annoying (like get hit by arty 20 times in a battle or something), I would greatly appreciate your sense of humor! Thanks!

Did you know you can just see what the missions are? In the case of mission 10: "Damage enemy TDs 7 times". :great:

Aimless #3 Posted 01 June 2019 - 11:54 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 24015 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
How about you just press on the button of the 10th mission in game and take a look how hard it will be? And sorry for you, it won't be particularly hard.

AzoreanOutkast #4 Posted 01 June 2019 - 11:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11084 battles

Yup!

Dont go giving ideas...

This one is acessable to all players, kinda of a reward tank done right, so they are giving us a "bone" so ppl dont complain too much and the cash keeps flowing, and u go and give ideas that goes against it?!

Please, be quiet! Go sit in the corner!!!

:)

Zodiac1960s #5 Posted 01 June 2019 - 12:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41510 battles
Shame on you!

r00barb #6 Posted 01 June 2019 - 12:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

View PostAzoreanOutkast, on 01 June 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

Yup!

Dont go giving ideas...

This one is acessable to all players, kinda of a reward tank done right, so they are giving us a "bone" so ppl dont complain too much and the cash keeps flowing, and u go and give ideas that goes against it?!

Please, be quiet! Go sit in the corner!!!

:)

Why can't people have nice things that they enjoy without the never-happies trying to spoil it?

WojtekTheBear #7 Posted 01 June 2019 - 12:03 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28995 battles
They still have time to change it.
11:04 Added after 1 minute

View Postr00barb, on 01 June 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

Why can't people have nice things that they enjoy without the never-happies trying to spoil it?

Are you talking about me? I think it would be hilarious. Like I said, I would event extend my premium account.

BravelyRanAway #8 Posted 01 June 2019 - 12:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24334 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

Nothing to complain about. I think it's great that everyone has a chance to get a T5 premium tank.

Yes, it's easy to get the tank, but for a minority, getting the paint job will be...a challenge.;)

WojtekTheBear #9 Posted 01 June 2019 - 12:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28995 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 01 June 2019 - 12:08 PM, said:

Nothing to complain about. I think it's great that everyone has a chance to get a T5 premium tank.

Yes, it's easy to get the tank, but for a minority, getting the paint job will be...a challenge.;)

I don't complain. I give an advice on how to make it more fun in a meta way. 

BravelyRanAway #10 Posted 01 June 2019 - 12:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24334 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostWojtekTheBear, on 01 June 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

I should have said I've nothing to complain about.

You'll be surprised that some will not complete the event....especially for those 'weaker' players trying to find 7 TD's to hit from their own cap circle.:teethhappy:

It's fun just thinking about it.:D

r00barb #11 Posted 01 June 2019 - 12:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

View PostWojtekTheBear, on 01 June 2019 - 11:03 AM, said:

Are you talking about me? I think it would be hilarious. Like I said, I would event extend my premium account.

I hate to break it to you, Princess, but not everything is about you. If I was replying to you I'd have quoted you, like I have now.

Although now we're here and I've read your initial post properly, I think your idea is one of the laziest attempts to troll the forum that I've seen for a while. "Hur hur, they all hate arty so i post idea to take arty hits, that'll earn a few likes". At least put some effort into it.

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 01 June 2019 - 11:15 AM, said:

You'll be surprised that some will not complete the event....especially for those 'weaker' players trying to find 7 TD's to hit from their own cap circle.

Tier VII+ arty and some patience. TotT for June is a TD so it shouldn't take too many battles. :great:

WojtekTheBear #12 Posted 01 June 2019 - 12:28 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28995 battles

View Postr00barb, on 01 June 2019 - 12:18 PM, said:

I hate to break it to you, Princess, but not everything is about you. If I was replying to you I'd have quoted you, like I have now.

Although now we're here and I've read your initial post properly, I think your idea is one of the laziest attempts to troll the forum that I've seen for a while. "Hur hur, they all hate arty so i post idea to take arty hits, that'll earn a few likes". At least put some effort into it.

Tier VII+ arty and some patience. TotT for June is a TD so it shouldn't take too many battles. :great:

Not everyone uses quot tags when replying, and your reply might be interpreted in a different way, because it's very general. So if you have a problem with people misunderstanding your intentions, maybe put more effort into expressing yourself clearer.

As for the rest of your comment, unfortunately you missed the point entirely. The point is to make a surprise super difficult mission after a set of very easy one. Not because arty is bad or something, but because it would be a great joke on players. And if they did it in a self aware way (like making the mission about more annoying aspects of the game), that would be super cool on their part. There, I explained it to you again, so please comment on the idea itself and do not try to assign me some motives I don't have.
11:32 Added after 4 minutes
Also I will add, I think their recent marathons are very good. There is something for an average player to do with them and to gain something. I really like the idea that you don't necesarilly get tier 8 premium for free, but you have to work for it or at least get yourself a large portion of it and various goodies in the process. The lower tier marathons, where people get lower tier premiums for free is also nice (although I don't know how they intend on making money of of it) and marathons such like this M10 is alright. That being said, I still think it would be hilarious if they did what I suggested.

Eudemus #13 Posted 01 June 2019 - 12:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3804 battles

View PostWojtekTheBear, on 01 June 2019 - 12:09 PM, said:

I'm not sure that you could handle "more fun" if you couldn't figure out what the day 10 mission is.

r00barb #14 Posted 01 June 2019 - 12:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

View PostWojtekTheBear, on 01 June 2019 - 11:28 AM, said:

Not everyone uses quot tags when replying, and your reply might be interpreted in a different way, because it's very general. So if you have a problem with people misunderstanding your intentions, maybe put more effort into expressing yourself clearer.

Aw, bless you for trying to turn this around but other than quoting someone and replying directly to their point, I'm not sure how else I could express myself clearer. What do you suggest? Should I start including hashtags #forWojtekTheBear and #notForWojtekTheBear in every post?

Maybe it'd be easier if you weren't so self-centred and could read replies in context, though I appreciate that's a bit of an ask.

As for the rest of your comment, unfortunately you missed the point entirely. The point is to make a surprise super difficult mission after a set of very easy one. Not because arty is bad or something, but because it would be a great joke on players. And if they did it in a self aware way (like making the mission about more annoying aspects of the game), that would be super cool on their part. There, I explained it to you again, so please comment on the idea itself and do not try to assign me some motives I don't have.

I don't think I missed anything. Players have been able to check all the mission descriptions since the marathon started, I certainly read through them before taking on the first one, so it's not going to be a surprise. Besides, why would suddenly ramping up the difficulty curve do anything other than to amuse silly trolls like you?

Your idea would alienate or annoy a large part of the player base, experienced and inexperienced alike, with only a few players who don't care about one particular marathon and the longevity of the game and the success or failure of future promotions being slightly amused by it, hence my comment about your troll motive.

You've basically thought, "this'd be funny" and stopped thinking immediately afterwards. It's not amusing, it's not clever, it's not particularly well considered ... it's just dumb.

Also I will add, I think their recent marathons are very good. There is something for an average player to do with them and to gain something. I really like the idea that you don't necesarilly get tier 8 premium for free, but you have to work for it or at least get yourself a large portion of it and various goodies in the process. The lower tier marathons, where people get lower tier premiums for free is also nice (although I don't know how they intend on making money of of it) and marathons such like this M10 is alright. That being said, I still think it would be hilarious if they did what I suggested.

They probably don't intend to make money directly from the lower tier marathons, I suspect the intention is to encourage player engagement with a longer-term view to those players making payments down the line because they're happier with the game. Happier players means longer play time means greater engagement means higher likelihood of spend, whether on premium time or tanks or gold.

See what I mean about thinking it through?

#notForWojtekTheBear

Oh, wait, I mean #forWojtekTheBear

Or do I? Maybe this is another of those meta things that only a couple of people will be amused by but I'm sure you can work it if you give it a bit of thought.

Ah, right, yeah ... :unsure: ... never mind then.

Bordhaw #15 Posted 01 June 2019 - 12:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14894 battles

View PostWojtekTheBear, on 01 June 2019 - 10:51 AM, said:

malachi6 #16 Posted 01 June 2019 - 12:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 50920 battles
Your idea of funny and mine are very different.  Arbitrary and inane are not funny.

staurinsh #17 Posted 01 June 2019 - 12:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34702 battles

View PostWojtekTheBear, on 01 June 2019 - 10:51 AM, said:

Last mission should be - with pz 8y you must ram 5 arties backwards in first 28 sec.

Suurpolskija #18 Posted 01 June 2019 - 02:30 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22821 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI
Mission 10:

Get your Luchs out
Find a Marder 38t
Clip it 10*30dmg

WojtekTheBear #19 Posted 01 June 2019 - 03:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28995 battles

View Postr00barb, on 01 June 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

Aw, bless you for trying to turn this around but other than quoting someone and replying directly to their point, I'm not sure how else I could express myself clearer. What do you suggest? Should I start including hashtags #forWojtekTheBear and #notForWojtekTheBear in every post?

So who was this "never happies" directed at if not at me? I responded to that. What's so hard to understand? And what is your point exactly? All I see in your responses is projection, something what you think and nothing what I proposed. Also it's really hard to talk to someone who doesn't understand an idea of a joke. Obviously I don't expect WG to implement this. It's a joke, yes, a silly little idea. That's all. If you really are exploring pros and cons of it, you clearly missed it. Do I really have to explain this? Anyway, either treat this idea as a joke it is and respond accordingly, or don't repond at all, as it really makes no sense.

r00barb #20 Posted 01 June 2019 - 03:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

View PostWojtekTheBear, on 01 June 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

So who was this "never happies" directed at if not at me?

Here's a clue ... who did I quote and directly reply to and what negativity was that poster expressing? It's not a difficult question but you can always ask someone for help if you're stuck.

I responded to that.

And I replied making it perfectly clear that my initial reply wasn't directed at you. I even said in that reply that if it was directed at you, I'd have quoted you. I'm struggling to understand why you're finding this concept so tricky, I guess you must be very new to the concept of an interactive forum with multiple posters. That could explain why the only person you seem to consider is yourself.

What's so hard to understand? And what is your point exactly? All I see in your responses is projection, something what you think and nothing what I proposed. Also it's really hard to talk to someone who doesn't understand an idea of a joke. Obviously I don't expect WG to implement this. It's a joke, yes, a silly little idea. That's all. If you really are exploring pros and cons of it, you clearly missed it. Do I really have to explain this? Anyway, either treat this idea as a joke it is and respond accordingly, or don't repond at all, as it really makes no sense.

Once again, my initial reply that started us off down this little cul-de-sac wasn't directed at you in any way and that was perfectly clear from the fact that I quoted the entirety of the post I was replying to. You've dragged this out into a protracted series of non sequiturs for reasons I fail to comprehend but I guess you must be desperate for the attention. Insisting that other people on a public forum don't respond to your posts only shows your complete lack of understanding of the medium.

Did I really have to explain all that? Or is this some extended meta-jape that only you appreciate? As long as it's about you, that's all that really matters, right?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users