Blueprints - tanks you don't intend to play

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

WojtekTheBear #1 Posted 01 June 2019 - 07:57 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28995 battles

I really like the idea of blueprints and how they are implemented. That being said, there are going to be some tanks that you will inevitably get through blueprints that you wouldn't research otherwise. Do you have any such tanks, for which you already have significant number of blueprints? I will start:

Churchill GC - I have 3 out 6 blueprints.

cro001 #2 Posted 01 June 2019 - 08:11 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32810 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
My 121 is cheaper than most tier 8s now.

Dorander #3 Posted 01 June 2019 - 08:13 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles
I kinda ignore blueprints until I happen to find I got discounts on a line I was going for. Only one I know I have complete is the Matilda, which is a line I hadn't particularly decided to grind. I might actually get a Matilda, but despite having all the blueprints, I need to research the preceding modules/tanks anyway. Kinda annoying.

ExclamationMark #4 Posted 01 June 2019 - 08:15 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16788 battles
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD

View PostWojtekTheBear, on 01 June 2019 - 07:57 PM, said:

I really like the idea of blueprints and how they are implemented. That being said, there are going to be some tanks that you will inevitably get through blueprints that you wouldn't research otherwise. Do you have any such tanks, for which you already have significant number of blueprints? I will start:

Churchill GC - I have 3 out 6 blueprints.

It has a good gun though. :(

r00barb #5 Posted 01 June 2019 - 09:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

I'm still not really sure what's going on. I've received a few universal blueprints and a couple of country-specific but none for a single tank, as far as I can tell. I'm currently playing Swedish tanks but the fragment I receive in a drop is determined by RNG so I can't rely on them to assist in my grind. I need an escalating number of fragments as the tier of the tank I'm researching increases and if I don't have a blueprint for a specific tank, I need so many universal fragments and so many country-specific ones to convert to each fragment I need to research.

Is that about it? So far it strikes me as a well intended bonus but it's too random to actually be useful. :mellow:

On topic, I'd welcome getting blueprints for a tank I hadn't considered playing as I enjoy trying new things. Though even I might draw the line at the Churchill GC.

ETA: Of course, I managed to talk up my first tank-specific blueprint fragment from the very next battle! :D

It's a fragment for the T49, which will come in awfully handy when I get around to picking up my Chaffee grind. Well intentioned, no doubt; of use to me right now, not.

Edited by r00barb, 01 June 2019 - 10:03 PM.

Dorander #6 Posted 01 June 2019 - 10:33 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View Postr00barb, on 01 June 2019 - 08:50 PM, said:

I'm still not really sure what's going on. I've received a few universal blueprints and a couple of country-specific but none for a single tank, as far as I can tell. I'm currently playing Swedish tanks but the fragment I receive in a drop is determined by RNG so I can't rely on them to assist in my grind. I need an escalating number of fragments as the tier of the tank I'm researching increases and if I don't have a blueprint for a specific tank, I need so many universal fragments and so many country-specific ones to convert to each fragment I need to research.

Is that about it? So far it strikes me as a well intended bonus but it's too random to actually be useful. :mellow:

On topic, I'd welcome getting blueprints for a tank I hadn't considered playing as I enjoy trying new things. Though even I might draw the line at the Churchill GC.

Yup, that about sums it up. There's a Blueprint button on the Tech Tree screen that you can use to see easily for which tanks you have partial blueprints and whether or not you can convert fragments into an extra part.

If you don't like getting a blueprint part for the Churchill GC, imagine getting one for a tier 2 tank. It actually made me go "What tank is that, I've NEVER seen it........ oh :facepalm:". That said, I do consider every blueprint part or fragment I get to be bonus, over time I've gotten a smattering of reductions over lots of nations and lines and this'll only become more. It's free reductions, so I'm not complaining. Would be nice if you could target them a little more, like having a weapons research group working for you limiting blueprints to nations or perhaps groups of nations similar to how the second set campaign is grouped.

WojtekTheBear #7 Posted 02 June 2019 - 12:20 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28995 battles

View PostDorander, on 01 June 2019 - 10:33 PM, said:

Yup, that about sums it up. There's a Blueprint button on the Tech Tree screen that you can use to see easily for which tanks you have partial blueprints and whether or not you can convert fragments into an extra part.

If you don't like getting a blueprint part for the Churchill GC, imagine getting one for a tier 2 tank. It actually made me go "What tank is that, I've NEVER seen it........ oh :facepalm:". That said, I do consider every blueprint part or fragment I get to be bonus, over time I've gotten a smattering of reductions over lots of nations and lines and this'll only become more. It's free reductions, so I'm not complaining. Would be nice if you could target them a little more, like having a weapons research group working for you limiting blueprints to nations or perhaps groups of nations similar to how the second set campaign is grouped.

Yeah, but that would make those blueprints too powerful and would lessen the grind too much. I like them as they are right now as I understand they cannot simply give you a choice. Or they could, but then they would have to lessen the number of them that you get. Those blueprints are quite handy. For example I have on for T62 and it's like 20k xp less to grind. 
As for the low tier tanks, it pretty amusing when you get those. I don't mind them at all.

Kartoshkaya #8 Posted 02 June 2019 - 12:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27383 battles
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-
All bp are useless, already researched all russian tanks

onderschepper #9 Posted 02 June 2019 - 01:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2168 battles
  • [BOF] BOF

They're a good incentive to try tanks from different countries without the aggro of grinding up the tiers in tanks that are not to one's preference.

Grinding up to tier X is a pain on one tree, particularly in vehicles that are not to one's preference, doing it 20+ times was really off-putting under the old system and I am glad of this change.

gav00 #10 Posted 02 June 2019 - 01:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10678 battles

I hope they add a similar feature to the Christmas collectibles exchanger thing.

I have blueprint fragments for almost all of the french and chinese TDs and stuff like the Type 5 Heavy which I would never play.

I also have more universal ones than I could ever use, it would be nice to exchange them for the chance of getting a nation blueprint (of which I have very few).

Balc0ra #11 Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72874 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
I only lack a few to research. So I get universal and national more so then for tanks I don't have unlocked. So getting one I don't have is rare. But, even so I have 2 on the G.W E100 and 3 out 12 on the 121. Even got one on the 705A. Doubt It will buy anyone of them in the end tho.

Edited by Balc0ra, 02 June 2019 - 07:16 AM.

TheJumpMaster #12 Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:23 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 50335 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I have 32 universal blueprints and have no idea what to do with them.

r00barb #13 Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:28 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

View Postonderschepper, on 02 June 2019 - 12:10 AM, said:

They're a good incentive to try tanks from different countries without the aggro of grinding up the tiers in tanks that are not to one's preference.

Grinding up to tier X is a pain on one tree, particularly in vehicles that are not to one's preference, doing it 20+ times was really off-putting under the old system and I am glad of this change.

I'm not sure that it allows you to skip tanks. In the announcement video (link, watch from 1:20) it says that you have to have researched the previous vehicle and all necessary modules to unlock a fully-blueprinted tank right away.

Blubba #14 Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:46 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 60182 battles

Well for all those players suggesting they have too many garage slots, why not use the blueprints to fill them?

You may have no intention of playing these tanks but you never know, you may enjoy them. You'll certainly learn things about them and won't have to grind the possibly painful tanks before them for all the XP.

For me, there are no tanks I don't intend to play although sadly the blueprint scheme is a little late as there are very few tanks I haven't had/have.

Wintermute_1 #15 Posted 02 June 2019 - 09:08 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 50040 battles

View PostTheJumpMaster, on 02 June 2019 - 07:23 AM, said:

I have 32 universal blueprints and have no idea what to do with them.

You can't do anything with them until they are combined with national fragments.

Dorander #16 Posted 02 June 2019 - 10:03 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View PostBlubba, on 02 June 2019 - 06:46 AM, said:

Well for all those players suggesting they have too many garage slots, why not use the blueprints to fill them?

You may have no intention of playing these tanks but you never know, you may enjoy them. You'll certainly learn things about them and won't have to grind the possibly painful tanks before them for all the XP.

For me, there are no tanks I don't intend to play although sadly the blueprint scheme is a little late as there are very few tanks I haven't had/have.

People have too many garage slots? :D

The problem is you can't just get a tank that you have the full blueprint for, so you actually do have to grind all the tanks and modules that come before it, or free xp skip those. The only thing you don't have to grind is the experience for the actual tank you have a full blueprint for. Which is why, for example, I still don't have a Matilda, I don't feel like free xp-ing through the earlier three tanks.

09:04 Added after 0 minutes

View Postr00barb, on 02 June 2019 - 06:28 AM, said:

I'm not sure that it allows you to skip tanks. In the announcement video (link, watch from 1:20) it says that you have to have researched the previous vehicle and all necessary modules to unlock a fully-blueprinted tank right away.

Correct, it doesn't allow this at all.

Blubba #17 Posted 02 June 2019 - 11:07 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 60182 battles

View PostDorander, on 02 June 2019 - 09:03 AM, said:

People have too many garage slots? :D

The problem is you can't just get a tank that you have the full blueprint for, so you actually do have to grind all the tanks and modules that come before it, or free xp skip those. The only thing you don't have to grind is the experience for the actual tank you have a full blueprint for. Which is why, for example, I still don't have a Matilda, I don't feel like free xp-ing through the earlier three tanks.

09:04 Added after 0 minutes

Correct, it doesn't allow this at all.

http://forum.worldof...ething/#topmost

I kid you not...

onderschepper #18 Posted 02 June 2019 - 11:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2168 battles
  • [BOF] BOF

View Postr00barb, on 02 June 2019 - 07:28 AM, said:

Indeed, I was referencing the grind at the end to obtain >100,000 XP to unlock the next vehicle, after grinding through the unlock process to get there.

Now the necessity of unlocking and applying all of the internals is no longer a requisite as having a completed Blueprint means that one need only unlock the parts along the chain to said tank.

The old methodology was to either go straight for the next tier with an incomplete vehicle, or use an equivalent quantity of XP to unlock all of the internals and then earn it all over again in a completed vehicle.

arthurwellsley #19 Posted 02 June 2019 - 12:28 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 54060 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostWojtekTheBear, on 01 June 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

That being said, there are going to be some tanks that you will inevitably get through blueprints that you wouldn't research otherwise. Do you have any such tanks, for which you already have significant number of blueprints?

Any SPG

RaptorAbt #20 Posted 02 June 2019 - 12:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 42879 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
Majority of the Blue prints I seem to be collecting are Universal or National with the remainder (circa 20%) being Arty (my least researched type)! ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users