Historical recreations of battles!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Historic battles (11 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Wich one is the battle youd like to do first?

1. Khalkhin Gol 1939 (3 votes [27.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

2. Poland 1939 (4 votes [36.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

3. France 1940 (4 votes [36.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

4. Greece 1940 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Hide poll

olmocap #1 Posted 01 June 2019 - 08:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16210 battles
  • [7SENS] 7SENS

Greetings! Since a long time I have been wanting to make "historical battles" off the tank battles from the period ranging from world war 2 to the cold war

I aim to organise the battles in 3 different difficulties when it comes to realism, the more realism the more difficult it gets!.

• The first one will be the easy mode. Its the normal world of tanks we have been all playing but with historic vehicles!

• Then, the intermediate, all HUD that could reveal the enemies position or the situation of the battle is gone!. That way you will need to spot the enemies by your own eyes, in addition Id probably like to get the vehicles HP to half so destroying foes is much faster after detection.
  • And last but not least the difficult mode! this mode will be basically the same as intermediate but all vehicles Hps will be downed to a 2 shot for the lowest damaging guns in battle!

Also, the use of HE will be restricted to a certain number of vehicles for balance reasons and all loaders will be at 50%.

Many of the characteristics required for the higher levels will require a mod able to config the participants HUD.

And talking about characteristics needed Im thinking about using Disscord for team coordination and comunication in general between the team.

After talking about all the technical characteristics there is also the tanks used in battles, I want to keep the models from the periods we will be fighting in but for enjoyement reasons wont allways be in the same proportions as happened in history (definitelly not 7 king tigers vs 300 T34-85)

Right now I have thought of the following battles to fight in

1939 Battle of Jaljin Gol: soviet tanks from the 30's against japan AFV from the war

Invasion of Poland: German Panzerwaffe against the Polish forces

1940 Invasion of Greece: BEF (British Expeditionary Force) facing german and(not sure about those) italian tanks

Battle of France: French army and BEF withstanding the german panzers thrust

1941 Beginning of the "Great Patriotic war" or, the invasion of Russia: German panzers of first gen against the early soviet tanks

1942 Campaigns in Africa: British and american tanks facing the Rommel forces ( I ommit italian tanks because to this point they are just outdated)

Fights in Russia 1942: Second gen panzers versing the constantly growing red army

1943 Kursk: Fights in Phrokorovka

Invasion of Italy: British and american tanks thrusting through german defenses

1944 Battle of the Balaton lake: Stronk soviet attack against the 3rd gen panzers.

Operation Overlord

1945 The last stands of the war: Joined forces of the allies and the remnants of the panzerwaffe

Of course, grinding all those tanks takes time and effort so the first battle should be of an early period of the war.

I have already presented a poll in the spanish forums about the battle youd like to recreate first so Im going to do it here too!

For this battle the selected mode will be the easy one for technical reasons, the date of the battle is to be set and I will soon pass the list of the available tanks!

See you on the battlefield!

Edited by olmocap, 02 June 2019 - 08:07 PM.

_SpartanWarrior_ #2 Posted 01 June 2019 - 10:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36341 battles
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ
seems interesting

Bordhaw #3 Posted 02 June 2019 - 10:17 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 15106 battles

View Postolmocap, on 01 June 2019 - 07:40 PM, said:

Greetings! Since a long time I have been wanting to make "historical battles" off the tank battles from the period ranging from world war 2 to the cold war

I have already presented a poll in the spanish forums about the battle youd like to recreate first so Im going to do it here too!

For this battle the selected mode will be the easy one for technical reasons, the date of the battle is to be set and I will soon pass the list of the available tanks!

See you on the battlefield!

Where and what game is this ? 

olmocap #4 Posted 02 June 2019 - 10:45 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16210 battles
  • [7SENS] 7SENS

View PostBordhaw, on 02 June 2019 - 10:17 AM, said:

Where and what game is this ? 

Oh yeah, sorry, Those battles will be organised inside team training rooms. The date of the battles will be settled about a week prior to the battles.:)

Homer_J #5 Posted 02 June 2019 - 11:42 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32787 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Nice to see you trying to make this work again and good luck with your endeavours.

olmocap #6 Posted 02 June 2019 - 04:54 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16210 battles
  • [7SENS] 7SENS

Welp, some time passed and the polls are slowly but steadily advancing!

Right now the most upvoted battles are the battle of France and the battle of Poland, both having casted 4 votes between the 2 different polls between the spanish speaking comunity and the english speaking comunity.

In addition the number of people interested in participating is also rising to about fifteen tankers! (thats a full team!!).

But ok, being honest I am counting all the people who casted votes, posted or sayed to be interested but despite that I think its safe to say that the project is setting a bit.:rolleyes:

Nishi_Kinuyo #7 Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:06 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9173 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Also... isn't it... Khalkhin Gol (Халхин Гол)?

Or Nomonhan for the Japanese, naming the battle after the nearby village instead.

Tanks involved were:

Japan:

• Type 89 I-Go
  • Type 94 Tankette (not in WoT)
  • Type 95 Ha-Go
  • Type 97 Chi-Ha (early turret/57mm cannon)
  • Type 97 Te-Ke

CCCP:

• BT-5
  • BT-7 (45mm)
  • T-26
  • KhT-26 (Flamethrower tank)
  • T-37A (Amphibious)

olmocap #8 Posted 02 June 2019 - 08:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16210 battles
  • [7SENS] 7SENS

My mistake good sir, I worte the name in Spanish, I really appreciate the fact you did the job of naming the tanks in that battle for me :).

I'm wondering who voted for the Khalkhin Gol battle :unsure:.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #9 Posted 02 June 2019 - 08:32 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

It doesn't need to be 300 T-34-85 vs. 7 king tigers, only 1 T-34 vs. 3 tigers is enough. :)

Any of you guys read about the battle of Ogledow and Aleksandr Oskin?

Which leads to my question, how do you reenact an ambush? I mean the result will be the same if you drive in a column on a narrow road with your side to the enemy waiting in ambush!

olmocap #10 Posted 02 June 2019 - 10:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16210 battles
  • [7SENS] 7SENS
Well, I cannot say in advance how a battle will be, specially because you never know exactly what will people do but I would like to have some sort of comanding for each team that combined with the disscord comunications make a more realistic atmosphere.

olmocap #11 Posted 13 June 2019 - 05:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16210 battles
  • [7SENS] 7SENS

Don't think I am letting the project down no no no!

I had on those days some crazy amount of tests so I havent been a lot on the organisation during the past 2 weeks but I'm happy to say im leaning foward to configurate the disscord server for all the stuff going on, I will then just need someone with more experience to make sure I dont mess up everything with permissions !;).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users