Low FPS

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

_SpartanWarrior_ #1 Posted 01 June 2019 - 10:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36276 battles
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ

I am facing a problem since 1.3/1.4 update,I am having low fps.

When 1.0 released,I had around 70-80FPS on High to Ultra settings,60FPS everything maxed out,1080p (35-40FPS on city maps)

After some 1.3/1.4 update,i am having 50-60FPS on High to Ultra and 40FPS+Stutter everything maxed out.

Its pretty annoying,what could be the problem?

Intel Core i7 920 2.67Ghz

Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 2GB OC

6GB DDR3 1333Mhz

Windows 10 Pro

Graphic Drivers up to date

SuedKAT #2 Posted 01 June 2019 - 10:28 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Lets start with an DxDiag:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4028644/windows-open-and-run-dxdiagexe

Attach that here and we can have a look what's happening under the hood so to speak.

_SpartanWarrior_ #3 Posted 01 June 2019 - 11:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36276 battles
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ
Hope this is it-late reply though,sorry.

Attached Files

• Attached File   DxDiag.txt   81.37K

Edited by _SpartanWarrior_, 01 June 2019 - 11:14 PM.

SuedKAT #4 Posted 01 June 2019 - 11:54 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Firstly search for "Disk Cleanup", then run it and select "Clean up system files", that way you'll have the option to remove log files connected to Windows updates as well as old "update" files related to them, any previously failed updates will most likely show up as available now. Also I don't think this will do much, but you're lacking the latest Windows may 2019 update and thus also the updates after that, since it's a "major" Windows update be sure to backup important stuff just in case before updating. 

Then what brand and model motherboard do you have? I want to check the support page for it and see what drivers it comes with and check if you're missing anything (albeit the support page suppliers tend to host are often awfully out of date).

Main reason for this is that you got a mix of audio drivers and even though they ain't that old there can still be issues or missing drivers.

I'm not completely sure but I also think that if you search for and open "Microsoft Store" and then press the 3 dots in the upper right corner and select "Downloads and Updates" you'll find a couple of things that want to be updated.

You'll most likely also find a couple of out of date drivers if you do what's in the quotes of this post:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/709348-constant-gamecrashes/page__pid__16957526#entry16957526

_SpartanWarrior_ #5 Posted 02 June 2019 - 01:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36276 battles
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ

View PostSuedKAT, on 01 June 2019 - 10:54 PM, said:

Firstly search for "Disk Cleanup", then run it and select "Clean up system files", that way you'll have the option to remove log files connected to Windows updates as well as old "update" files related to them, any previously failed updates will most likely show up as available now. Also I don't think this will do much, but you're lacking the latest Windows may 2019 update and thus also the updates after that, since it's a "major" Windows update be sure to backup important stuff just in case before updating. 

Then what brand and model motherboard do you have? I want to check the support page for it and see what drivers it comes with and check if you're missing anything (albeit the support page suppliers tend to host are often awfully out of date).

Main reason for this is that you got a mix of audio drivers and even though they ain't that old there can still be issues or missing drivers.

I'm not completely sure but I also think that if you search for and open "Microsoft Store" and then press the 3 dots in the upper right corner and select "Downloads and Updates" you'll find a couple of things that want to be updated.

You'll most likely also find a couple of out of date drivers if you do what's in the quotes of this post:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/709348-constant-gamecrashes/page__pid__16957526#entry16957526

ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution

In Store,i got Skype only to be updated but I don't use it.

I will try Disk Cleanup,and I don't update my windows often because i saw alot of reports for some versions being glitchy.

Edit:What partition to select?I don't want my whole C partition removed :/

Edited by _SpartanWarrior_, 02 June 2019 - 01:31 AM.

SuedKAT #6 Posted 02 June 2019 - 04:48 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hehe your C drive is safe :)

Select C and then it will do a quick scan and present you with a Window that looks like this:

Then when you click on Clean up system files it will just scan for system files and end up looking like this:

Then you can click what you want to clean and what you want to save, you want to save the "System Restore points" and if you got the option to compress the drive don't enable it, other than that I tend to clean all of it but you can click on each item to see a description of what it is and what it does. You'll most likely have old Windows update files and logs taking up space and at times removing those can make updates you didn't know you were missing appear when you run Windows Update.

Looking at your motherboards support page:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P6T6_WS_Revolution/HelpDesk_Download/

I see that Windows 10 ain't listed among the OS when it comes to drivers however there are drivers listed there which you don't have but they might not work due to them being designed for a different OS. 

Clearing Windows 10's Windows update via the Disk Cleanup tool as well as enable "Receive updates for other Microsoft products when you update Windows in the "Advanced Options" in the Windows Update tool will most likely enable you to be able to download missing drivers and updates. Your correct that some versions being a bit glitchy though, the version you're running right now is one of them or at least it was when switching from the previous one to that one, that's why it's always a good idea to backup the important stuff before you update Windows with any major update, for example the one that went live now in May.

Also since it's an Asus MOBO you might have Asus software running, quite a bit of Asus software packages can cause issues when it's not updated so I would try without out that as well.

When that's done, check out the link in my previous post since utilizing those two tools listed there will most likely result in you having the latest drivers to go along with the latest Windows updates and that will most likely solve your FPS issues.

If that's not the case you're also running an old version of BIOS and Firmware on your MOBO, most likely this ain't causing you issues and if you don't know what your doing while updating this you can run into severe issues, so don't do this until every other option is tried or you or anyone you know have a good understanding of how to update BIOS and Firmware.

_SpartanWarrior_ #7 Posted 02 June 2019 - 06:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36276 battles
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ

View PostSuedKAT, on 02 June 2019 - 03:48 AM, said:

Hehe your C drive is safe :)

Select C and then it will do a quick scan and present you with a Window that looks like this:

Then when you click on Clean up system files it will just scan for system files and end up looking like this:

Then you can click what you want to clean and what you want to save, you want to save the "System Restore points" and if you got the option to compress the drive don't enable it, other than that I tend to clean all of it but you can click on each item to see a description of what it is and what it does. You'll most likely have old Windows update files and logs taking up space and at times removing those can make updates you didn't know you were missing appear when you run Windows Update.

Looking at your motherboards support page:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P6T6_WS_Revolution/HelpDesk_Download/

I see that Windows 10 ain't listed among the OS when it comes to drivers however there are drivers listed there which you don't have but they might not work due to them being designed for a different OS. 

Clearing Windows 10's Windows update via the Disk Cleanup tool as well as enable "Receive updates for other Microsoft products when you update Windows in the "Advanced Options" in the Windows Update tool will most likely enable you to be able to download missing drivers and updates. Your correct that some versions being a bit glitchy though, the version you're running right now is one of them or at least it was when switching from the previous one to that one, that's why it's always a good idea to backup the important stuff before you update Windows with any major update, for example the one that went live now in May.

Also since it's an Asus MOBO you might have Asus software running, quite a bit of Asus software packages can cause issues when it's not updated so I would try without out that as well.

When that's done, check out the link in my previous post since utilizing those two tools listed there will most likely result in you having the latest drivers to go along with the latest Windows updates and that will most likely solve your FPS issues.

If that's not the case you're also running an old version of BIOS and Firmware on your MOBO, most likely this ain't causing you issues and if you don't know what your doing while updating this you can run into severe issues, so don't do this until every other option is tried or you or anyone you know have a good understanding of how to update BIOS and Firmware.

I did not understand 50% of that,I only understand the Disk Cleanup part and enabling the Recieve updates bla bla bla.

I am not English so yeah...

EDIT:That Cleanup takes time..

EDIT 2:After 30 min its done!

Edited by _SpartanWarrior_, 02 June 2019 - 06:56 PM.

_Patrol #8 Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:54 AM

Field Marshal

• Community Contributor
  • 40599 battles
  • [AW-LE] AW-LE

Uninstall Nvidia Geforce Experience and Nvidia Audio HD.

Restart system.

Next step, right click over the windows desktop and select > nvidia control panel.

From the left column click 3D Setiings and select the Manage 3D settings.

Click on the Power management mode drop down box and select > Prefer maximum performance > apply changes.

Posted Image

Edited by _Patrol, 05 June 2019 - 12:56 AM.

_SpartanWarrior_ #9 Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36276 battles
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ
very late reply,its fixed.i updated my windows to 1903 and its working

Fanste94 #10 Posted 15 June 2019 - 01:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4087 battles

The game sets the graphics on Medium when I press the recommended button but I have around 25-35fps

Attached File   DxDiag.txt   70.77K

Homer_J #11 Posted 15 June 2019 - 03:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32425 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostFanste94, on 15 June 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

The game sets the graphics on Medium when I press the recommended button but I have around 25-35fps

Attached File   DxDiag.txt   70.77K

And?

Do you expect more from a 10 year old bargain basement CPU and similar (OK slightly newer) Graphics card?

25 to 35 fps is the sort of ballpark figure I would expect from recommended settings unless you have a high end system.  It's perfectly adequate.  If you want more then you will have to use custom settings.

Edited by Homer_J, 15 June 2019 - 03:54 PM.

_Patrol #12 Posted 16 June 2019 - 11:06 AM

Field Marshal

• Community Contributor
  • 40599 battles
  • [AW-LE] AW-LE
+ https://www.howtogeek.com/368781/how-to-enable-ultimate-performance-power-plan-in-windows-10/

Fanste94 #13 Posted 16 June 2019 - 08:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4087 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 15 June 2019 - 02:48 PM, said:

And?

Do you expect more from a 10 year old bargain basement CPU and similar (OK slightly newer) Graphics card?

25 to 35 fps is the sort of ballpark figure I would expect from recommended settings unless you have a high end system.  It's perfectly adequate.  If you want more then you will have to use custom settings.

The game is still unoptimized, even if you have a good PC the game has huge frame drops and lags

Homer_J #14 Posted 17 June 2019 - 10:05 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32425 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostFanste94, on 16 June 2019 - 08:42 PM, said:

The game is still unoptimized,

Explain?

In what way is it unoptimised?  What could be improved?

even if you have a good PC the game has huge frame drops and lags

I don't have a particularly good PC but I run on ultra at a solid 60fps.  As for lags, that is down to your internet connection.

What you have is the equivalent of trying to compete in F1 with a Nissan Micra.

Edited by Homer_J, 17 June 2019 - 10:08 AM.

Fanste94 #15 Posted 19 June 2019 - 03:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4087 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 17 June 2019 - 09:05 AM, said:

Explain?

In what way is it unoptimised?  What could be improved?

even if you have a good PC the game has huge frame drops and lags

I don't have a particularly good PC but I run on ultra at a solid 60fps.  As for lags, that is down to your internet connection.

What you have is the equivalent of trying to compete in F1 with a Nissan Micra.

The game lags and crashes a lot for most players and maybe the game works fine on your PC but there are a lot of players who also have a good PC and a good internet connection and they still have lags and crashes only in WoT, and my internet is fine and I don't have problems with lag and crashes in other games

354353.jpg

Homer_J #16 Posted 19 June 2019 - 04:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32425 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostFanste94, on 19 June 2019 - 03:43 PM, said:

The game lags and crashes a lot for most players and maybe the game works fine on your PC but there are a lot of players who also have a good PC and a good internet connection and they still have lags and crashes only in WoT, and my internet is fine and I don't have problems with lag and crashes in other games

That means nothing, much like your speedtest result.  It isn't throughput you need, WoT will run fine on a 64K ISDN line.  What causes problems is packet loss.  Speedtest does not show packet loss and even if it did, ISP's cheat at speedtest by prioritising it's traffic.

And your upload could be better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users