Stun Shake Moment momentum

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

shamelbazoqa #1 Posted 02 June 2019 - 02:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7527 battles
  • [JRTM] JRTM

This article is inspired by: my friend's grandad who server in a tank battle, in a Russian Tank, received shots and lived to tell the tail. and by movies that I've been watching lately,  tank-movies of course, one of which is "Battle of Tank T-34" EPIC movie btw i highly recommend it. and other video games like: "Company of Heroes 2" (strategy game).

In COH2 a tank is extremely significant, and makes allot of difference. But the most beautiful thing about using tanks in COH2 is the shell impact sound and the shell transfer of momentum effect! it is addictive as F***! (For those of you who do not know what transfer of momentum is, in simple words it is a Shake, or a push or any movement that is forced upon a tank that receives a hit.)

so as a WOT player, who is in love with Tanks and the whole concipt, i found out there is allot more to the real world of tanks, to be honest i couldn't but let my imagination fly around WOT, and come up with a set of things to change, in order to make the experience more immersive and real.to see what it would look like, here what i imagined:

Result:
Receiving shots, weather penetrations, bounces or ricochets, has an effect on your tank, other than damage, injured crew or broken modules.

Effects:
1. In cases of shots you just bounced or ricocheted, a more epic sound track, that matches the power of the blocked shell.
2. A Shake in the tank, which may result in minimal, partial or a total loss of aim, maybe change your point of aim.
3. If the shot was powerful enough maybe even a 3 second stun effect (subject to balance) why is stun exclusively for Arty? like imagine if you just bounced an AP shot coming from an FV4005, and all you hear is "tiwwwww" you might as well mistake that for a .50cal LMG shot.

Factors:
1. Weight of your vehicle, the heavier your vehicle the less you are effected.
2. Momentum of the shot (call it power of the enemy gun if you like), the more momentum that shot dumps on your tank, the more you are effected.
3. Penetration, bounce or in ricocheted:
     a) High external and internal effect, if the shot had penetrated, that means your tank took all the momentum in, which means max shake effect plus, the crew inside are in a pretty f****d up situation having a shell ripped off their gunner's head. and the bang coming from the ripping metal and burning shrapnel flying all around that 2x2 metal box which feel more like a moving coffin at the moment, this can be worse if a HE or a HESH shell had penetrated, because in which case you just had a huge explosion inside your tank.
     b) High external effect, if the shot bounced, the metal of the tank will be ringing like a church bell, and the tank will have shaken having absorbed all the momentum and energy coming form that heavy shell coming in at extreme velocity, the commander probably banged this head on the binocular he was looking through and the gunner got a blue eye from the aiming mechanism. not to mention they cannot hear each other anymore.
     c) minimum effect, if a shell just ricocheted off of your tank, that means it only dumped a minimal amount of momentum and energy on your tank, probably only a ringing effect. or it depends on the ricochet angle.

And I'm sure some of you will come up with even more things to inject.

But that is my vision so far. and i really hope to see it in action in WOT one day.

Edited by shamelbazoqa, 02 June 2019 - 03:41 PM.

WindSplitter1 #2 Posted 02 June 2019 - 08:35 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18918 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

Enable dynamic camera for visual effects (shake, etc.).

Use mods for the rest.

Edited by WindSplitter1, 02 June 2019 - 08:36 PM.

PayMore #3 Posted 02 June 2019 - 08:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27496 battles
I sometimes use laxatives to get the extra-historical feeling. I read that alot russian tankers crapthemself when they met the feared 88mm. Btw I use the ipad version of WoT so I can sit on the toilet when i play.

Homer_J #4 Posted 02 June 2019 - 09:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32425 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

The shake on being hit is in the game but most people turn it off because it makes it impossible to return fire.  That was possibly the first mod WG implemented into the game.

Other than that someone needs to go do their physics revision.

catatpillar #5 Posted 03 June 2019 - 01:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22899 battles

One thing ruining my momentum - an allied tank shooting at me (instead enemy tanks), while i am the main reason that we still haven't lost that lane yet, trying to angle and concentrate, having bunch of enemy tanks that are trying to get me pregnant.

Such situations really grind my gears.

Geno1isme #6 Posted 03 June 2019 - 09:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48124 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
If you'd like such things, you should have seen the original stun effects on the sandbox server. It wasn't just a crew debuff then, but also impacted your own vision and audio significantly so you were really helpless for a few seconds. But WG did not transfer that feature to the live server for a reason.

FULL_HEAT #7 Posted 03 June 2019 - 09:42 AM

Private

• Player
  • 26004 battles
  • [L-WAR] L-WAR
Very nice ideas you have. But the have to fix first all the critical hits with no damage. It's very annoying for example if you hit on the side a light tank with a 150mm  td gun and don't cut the tank in half.
08:44 Added after 1 minute
Very nice ideas you have. But the have to fix first all the critical hits with no damage. It's very annoying for example if you hit on the side a light tank with a 150mm  td gun and don't cut the tank in half. 

Also tagged with Stun, Shake, Moment, momentum

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users