Special ammunation rebalancing

Gameplay

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

KanonenVogel19 #41 Posted 02 June 2019 - 06:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 390 battles

I just want to leave a small message here for everyone.

Very soon we will know what changes that WG has planned to do with premium ammo. And I want to ask all of you to keep one very important thing in mind. Ammo with a high penetration and ammo with a high cost is not the same thing and not bound to each other. Even if you think that we still need high penetration rounds in the game, that doesn't mean that they can't cost the same as regular shells. If high penetration rounds are actually required to play the game, then they should not be so expensive, and if they're not required to play the game, then there's no reason for us to have them in the first place.

It's very important to understand that credits can not be used as a balancing factor in a battle. Because players can get credits outside of the battle, or even through their wallet, which means that a player can basically have infinite amounts of credits in a single instance of a battle. This means that it becomes impossible to balance shells by their cost. The current state of ranked battles should be enough proof of that.

Thus, assuming that WG has not already made all shells cost the same, it's very important that all of us makes our voices heard even if it feels pointless. Please don't sit silent, the time of change is now, not in two or three months. So please, write atleast a few lines of feedback regarding the sandbox testing even if it feels pointless, and please don't forget to write how important it's that all shells should cost the same. This is the only way to remove the unfair battle advantage of premium ammo. The sooner we get rid of it, the sooner we get a game where all players can play at the same conditions.

We can make a change together if we all combine our efforts :izmena:

saxsan4 #42 Posted 02 June 2019 - 06:50 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19866 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostKartoshkaya, on 02 June 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

But you said it was easy to pen all heavies frontaly ? Now you talk about flanking and penning them when they're not using their strenght ?

It is easy to pen heavies frontally, Conq just aim at lower plate, Maus just aim lower plate, E-100 just shoot turret, Kv1 just shoot turret, Churchill just shoot turret, etc. what is it that you don't understand?
17:51 Added after 0 minutes

View PostKanonenVogel19, on 02 June 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

I just want to leave a small message here for everyone.

Very soon we will know what changes that WG has planned to do with premium ammo. And I want to ask all of you to keep one very important thing in mind. Ammo with a high penetration and ammo with a high cost is not the same thing and not bound to each other. Even if you think that we still need high penetration rounds in the game, that doesn't mean that they can't cost the same as regular shells. If high penetration rounds are actually required to play the game, then they should not be so expensive, and if they're not required to play the game, then there's no reason for us to have them in the first place.

It's very important to understand that credits can not be used as a balancing factor in a battle. Because players can get credits outside of the battle, or even through their wallet, which means that a player can basically have infinite amounts of credits in a single instance of a battle. This means that it becomes impossible to balance shells by their cost. The current state of ranked battles should be enough proof of that.

Thus, assuming that WG has not already made all shells cost the same, it's very important that all of us makes our voices heard even if it feels pointless. Please don't sit silent, the time of change is now, not in two or three months. So please, write atleast a few lines of feedback regarding the sandbox testing even if it feels pointless, and please don't forget to write how important it's that all shells should cost the same. This is the only way to remove the unfair battle advantage of premium ammo. The sooner we get rid of it, the sooner we get a game where all players can play at the same conditions.

We can make a change together if we all combine our efforts :izmena:

No, because all shells costing the same is silly and not even realistic

Ive been on WOT since 2011 where you have only been here this month

KanonenVogel19 #43 Posted 02 June 2019 - 06:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 390 battles

View Postsaxsan4, on 02 June 2019 - 06:50 PM, said:

It's not silly, and I have already explained why. If you're still unable to understand why, I'm sure that it won't help even if I explain it 5 times more.

And you honestly think that I have 390 battles? You're not very clever, are you? :facepalm:

saxsan4 #44 Posted 02 June 2019 - 06:54 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19866 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostKanonenVogel19, on 02 June 2019 - 05:52 PM, said:

It's not silly, and I have already explained why. If you're still unable to understand why, I'm sure that it won't help even if I explain it 5 times more.

And you honestly think that I have 390 battles? You're not very clever, are you? :facepalm:

It says on your profile,

I have  over 20k total battles once you include team battles.

Kartoshkaya #45 Posted 02 June 2019 - 06:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27383 battles
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-

It is easy to pen heavies frontally, Conq just aim at lower plate, Maus just aim lower plate, E-100 just shoot turret, Kv1 just shoot turret, Churchill just shoot turret, etc. what is it that you don't understand?

I don't understand in wich game you find a sconq not engaging you frontaly from a hull down position.

Do you even play the game ?

saxsan4 #46 Posted 02 June 2019 - 06:57 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19866 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostKartoshkaya, on 02 June 2019 - 05:56 PM, said:

I don't understand in wich game you find a sconq not engaging you frontaly from a hull down position.

Do you even play the game ?

Yes but hardly ever tier 10 which is clearly what you play the most, your ideas would ruin tiers 4-8

Kartoshkaya #47 Posted 02 June 2019 - 06:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27383 battles
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-

View Postsaxsan4, on 02 June 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

Yes but hardly ever tier 10 which is clearly what you play the most, your ideas would ruin tiers 4-8

I don't play tier 10 that much, but you meet them at tier 8.

Also i don't know about what idea you're talking about since I didn't expressed myself on this subject (apart from maybe, adding weakspots)

Are you okay ? Did you took your pills today ?

Edited by Kartoshkaya, 02 June 2019 - 07:00 PM.

KanonenVogel19 #48 Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 390 battles

View Postsaxsan4, on 02 June 2019 - 06:54 PM, said:

It says on your profile

Maybe you could also think a little bit with that thing on your shoulders and not just look at what the screen tells you?

View Postsaxsan4, on 02 June 2019 - 06:54 PM, said:

And how is this relevant? I have over 30k battles. So you point is?

Zylon0 #49 Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:03 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 9765 battles

View Postsaxsan4, on 02 June 2019 - 05:54 PM, said:

It says on your profile,

Only the first 1000 battles in beta count, as it rewarded the beta tank. "shines beta tank"

Or was it 1200 can't remember.

Edited by Zylon0, 02 June 2019 - 07:04 PM.

saxsan4 #50 Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:05 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19866 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostKartoshkaya, on 02 June 2019 - 05:58 PM, said:

I don't play tier 10 that much, but you meet them at tier 8.

Also i don't know about what idea you're talking about since I didn't expressed myself on this subject (apart from maybe, adding weakspots)

Are you okay ? Did you took your pills today ?

Lughing about my mental health is not funny! How dare you.

Kartoshkaya #51 Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27383 battles
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-

View Postsaxsan4, on 02 June 2019 - 07:05 PM, said:

Lughing about my mental health is not funny! How dare you.

I'm not laughing i'm really worried about it actually.

vixu #52 Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:09 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 45072 battles

17:51 Added after 0 minutes
Blasphemy!!! you are questioning the great skill which is required to press "2". 

I think his point was a bit different. It does not mater, if special ammo costs more or less or the same. Points is that is should not be the cost of a shell that dictates if you want to use it or not, but tactical situation. 

saxsan4 #53 Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:10 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19866 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View Postvixu, on 02 June 2019 - 06:09 PM, said:

Ah yes, I agree with your points

KanonenVogel19 #54 Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 390 battles

View Postvixu, on 02 June 2019 - 07:09 PM, said:

I think his point was a bit different. It does not mater, if special ammo costs more or less or the same. Points is that is should not be the cost of a shell that dictates if you want to use it or not, but tactical situation. 

The point is that when a player is loading his tank with ammo, he should never think "oh, this shell is expensive", but rather "I need this shell for situation A, I need this shell for situation B", etc. So, shells should cost about the same, in order to not make players consider the cost, but rather the tactical usage of the shell :)

vasilinhorulezz #55 Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28027 battles
What is ammunation? A new country?

Edited by vasilinhorulezz, 02 June 2019 - 07:39 PM.

Aliati_1945 #56 Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8194 battles
  • [C-B_M] C-B_M

View PostSlyspy, on 02 June 2019 - 04:51 PM, said:

By making everything free?!

is this a F2P game or not?!

15JG52Brauer #57 Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 81682 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View PostKanonenVogel19, on 02 June 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

The point is that when a player is loading his tank with ammo, he should never think "oh, this shell is expensive", but rather "I need this shell for situation A, I need this shell for situation B", etc. So, shells should cost about the same, in order to not make players consider the cost, but rather the tactical usage of the shell :)

I agree with this point - right now a player who has a premium account, plays frontlines , runs boosters and is maybe in a clan so has clan boosters can earn a huge amount of credits, so they can afford to effectively disregard cost and load up what ammo type they prefer - that is a huge advantage over a free to play player - and I agree it should be removed.  One of the things I liked about Armoured Warfare was that there were no premium shells, just different types for different situations (OK they didn't have great balance in some armour profiles of MBT's -but at least it was fair for all). Cost should not be a factor - there should be some form of opportunity cost for using ammo A or B - HEAT for example might be our better choice for sniping weak spots at range as it doesn't lose pen (but could have less pen than it does now) - while AP might have a bigger pen drop off but higher initial pen, so it would be brawling ammo of choice. The main problem is how to nerf or re-balance prem ammo without making super heavy's OP - and that would probably need some redesign of armour layouts. Whatever they choose to do it will be a complex task - and you can bet that there will always be a group of people opposed to it - I don't think WG can really find a solution that suits everyone - they just have to find one that is logical, preferably does away with shell cost as a balance factor - removing the P2W element from ammo choice and making it a level playing field for all in the ammo choice department - and try to piss off the least amount of people possible with whatever changes to the mechanics and armour layouts they come up with. Given the way the community reacts, I would not want that job - as there will always be people hating whatever they do.

Edit - For the record I am in a clan, run boosters, run prem - but am all for making it a level playing field for free to play players - if it helps keep more new players around as well, then it will be good for all of us that still want to play the game going forward.

Edited by 15JG52Brauer, 02 June 2019 - 07:49 PM.

enu_ #58 Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:54 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 23020 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

View Postsaxsan4, on 02 June 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:

No, because you cant do that on most maps at all of the time. They are meant to be good when using their strengths. If they are there then you GO FLANK

you can do on most of the maps in wot, as most maps are corridors designed for these type of tanks. flank where? to get hit by tds from behind these heavies in corridors?

do you even play this game?

AliceUnchained #59 Posted 02 June 2019 - 08:37 PM

General

• Player
  • 39029 battles
  • [322] 322

Indeed. Normally the crew would have to pay more for those premium rounds, right after paying for the recovery and full repairs of their burnt out vehicle and the medical bill for bringing them back to live... 

You may have been around since 2011, but you have learned very, very little since then. If anything at all. Seeing all your nonsense pop up again all of a sudden I would hazard a guess and suggest your well deserved ban is over?

Edited by AliceUnchained, 02 June 2019 - 08:39 PM.

KanonenVogel19 #60 Posted 02 June 2019 - 09:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 390 battles

View PostAliceUnchained, on 02 June 2019 - 08:37 PM, said:

Indeed. Normally the crew would have to pay more for those premium rounds

Didn't you know, the tank crew had to go to the ammo storage and actually buy shells with their salary? :P

Also tagged with Gameplay

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users