19 replies to this topic

Ezminek #1 Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28698 battles
  • [_NGN_] _NGN_

Hi,

I know I'm a stupid moron. I deceived.

I did not pay enough attention and I shook it, that is, I pushed it away.

But ...

Would it be possible to withdraw or delete spoiled point usage?

How do I cancel if I lose all of my collected Free Experience points because of an unhappy misunderstanding?

In my defense:
It is not very fortunate that all existing points are instantly set up by the program to increase the perk, making it easy to ignore negligence.

Propjesschieter #2 Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3983 battles
www.englishgrammer.com   or   translate.google.com

gunslingerXXX #3 Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:05 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12780 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Have you tried cntr+z? Thats what I always do when I make a mistake...

Edited by gunslingerXXX, 02 June 2019 - 07:21 PM.

saxsan4 #4 Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:06 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19866 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--
I don't understand

r00barb #5 Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

Stop playing so you don't change things further, contact Support and ask them to roll back your account to a point before you spent all the free experience. You'll lose whatever progress you may have made for the day or two they'll roll back but you'll be back in the position you were prior to your mistake.

This is a one-time thing so in future you might want to install a mod pack that allows you to lock your free xp.

vixu #6 Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:11 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 45051 battles

My guess is - no it is not possible.

If it is possible, then only way is to contact WG support.

ExclamationMark #7 Posted 02 June 2019 - 09:05 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16788 battles
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD

If I am understanding your post correctly - there is no way to get a refund of your free exp, when it is you that made the purchase with that free exp. 

I had a similar issue in the past (I used free exp on the top gun on the AMX M4 51), WG would not reimburse the free exp I spent.

BravelyRanAway #8 Posted 02 June 2019 - 09:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24333 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostEzminek, on 02 June 2019 - 06:01 PM, said:

Hi,

But ...

How do I cancel if I lose all of my collected Free Experience points because of an unhappy misunderstanding?

In my defense:
It is not very fortunate that all existing points are instantly set up by the program to increase the perk, making it easy to ignore negligence.

It does ask you if you want to use free XP if you decide to upgrade a module if you don't have enough standard XP on a tank....it will ask if you want to use free XP as well to make up the difference.

I don't think you'll get that free XP back from support. 

Just learn and move on.

wsatnutter #9 Posted 02 June 2019 - 09:50 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26454 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

if you miss spent free xp do not PLAY THE TANK

contact support

Alabamatick #10 Posted 02 June 2019 - 10:32 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31849 battles

It seems to me that you meant increasing skills with free xp (you said perk, so thats what i assume)

when you increase skills / perks with free xp, it is quite obvious to look at, you must choose how much % you want to increase it by and it shows you the maximum you can increase it by with the amount of free xp you have

and it's up to you to choose what level between 1% and the maximum, which it shows you by default

in wowp it's different as you choose how much free xp you want to spend, (as little as 1 free xp - upto your maximum free xp (but not here i'm afraid)) and once it's gone, it's gone

you can contact support, but i doubt they will help, however i wish you luck

Ezminek #11 Posted 02 June 2019 - 10:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28698 battles
  • [_NGN_] _NGN_
My English is not perfect because I was born in the poorest colonies side where English education is not as perfect as Cam.
Sorry, my dumb, I thought it is a game, not a doctoral dissertation on heart transplantation where you can't make a mistake; for some I see it goes to blood.
Thank you for those answers that would help me with advice,
and those who may be able to change this program practice so that all of the free points are automatically offered by the program for staff development,
it would be better to start with zero and raise from there to the level I would like to reach with the perks.

PowJay #12 Posted 02 June 2019 - 11:12 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39864 battles

View PostEzminek, on 02 June 2019 - 09:44 PM, said:

My English is not perfect because I was born in the poorest colonies side where English education is not as perfect as Cam.
Sorry, my dumb, I thought it is a game, not a doctoral dissertation on heart transplantation where you can't make a mistake;

It doesn't matter if you are writing an essay or asking for a cup of tea. If we don't understand you, then we can't help you. No one has been obnoxious so get off your high horse. 

250swb #13 Posted 03 June 2019 - 08:20 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 23230 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I think it's fairly clear what the problem is, he had a stash of free XP and spent it all in one go when he hadn't meant to. He hadn't read or noticed the small print which is understandable given WG often don't make things as clear as they should be, or have a pop-warning to double check it's what you want to do. Unless he's not played any games since then I doubt WG can do anything about it.

Does anybody else remember streamer Dezgames grinding all the way up the Chinese tech tree to the WZ-132-1 and triumphantly pressing the Research button ...............only to find that he'd pressed the wrong button and researched the 121 instead. Well all these Chinese tanks look the same don't they?

Homer_J #14 Posted 03 June 2019 - 08:30 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32362 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post250swb, on 03 June 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

or have a pop-warning to double check it's what you want to do.

Can you tell me where you can spend free exp which does not have a pop up "are you sure" message with the amount of free exp to be used clearly presented because I can't think of one.

Ezminek #15 Posted 03 June 2019 - 01:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28698 battles
  • [_NGN_] _NGN_

View PostHomer_J, on 03 June 2019 - 08:30 AM, said:

Can you tell me where you can spend free exp which does not have a pop up "are you sure" message with the amount of free exp to be used clearly presented because I can't think of one.

yes-yes,

again, a miracle man who has never made a mistake, but has been warned :bajan:
when you raise the knowledge of the fifth staff -one after the another-, you can make such a mistake, even if you see the warning, then you think you did what you didn't; (this is called automatism)
that's it; it doesn't matter and I'll collect it again in the next 30,000 games:D
I do not understand why I have to spoil it, as if I was going to ruin your game with this; it's easy to say you're stupid, why don't you listen; but why are you hurt?
this was a simple ask!
I do not understand why it would not be possible to start the counter from null, it is not so difficult to do this in programming, what's the problem?
anyway, they put a reset button on there, -those who did not listen enough- but it did not returns our free experience points :izmena:

Bordhaw #16 Posted 03 June 2019 - 08:13 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14894 battles

View PostEzminek, on 02 June 2019 - 06:01 PM, said:

Hi,

But ...

In my defense:

nakkipeppu #17 Posted 03 June 2019 - 09:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33355 battles
  • [LGGF] LGGF

I was rather tired, staring at research screen and wondering why I didn't install a top engine on a tier9 tank ; clicked on it few times and realized I just burned 20k+ free xp on researching that.

I logged off and contacted support immediately, but no amount of pleading with worked, they hit me with the "players are responsible for their actions" line which I couldn't really refute.

So I wouldn't really get your hopes up on this I guess, but it's free to try. Good luck.

PowJay #18 Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:12 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39864 battles

View Postnakkipeppu, on 03 June 2019 - 08:05 PM, said:

I was rather tired, staring at research screen and wondering why I didn't install a top engine on a tier9 tank ; clicked on it few times and realized I just burned 20k+ free xp on researching that.

I logged off and contacted support immediately, but no amount of pleading with worked, they hit me with the "players are responsible for their actions" line which I couldn't really refute.

So I wouldn't really get your hopes up on this I guess, but it's free to try. Good luck.

I think that I know what you mean. I'm fairly certain that the division between XP earned on a tank and Free XP was always clearer when it came to modules, for example.

I have a vague recollection of the first time I thought (something like) "Hey. I didn't realise that I had enough XP for that gun/engine/radio" and then realising that it included pretty much all of my available Free XP. 

WG have made the user interface more and more unfriendly over the years- missions, store and depot, and others. Someone must think that it's a good idea. 

250swb #19 Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:32 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 23230 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostEzminek, on 03 June 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

I do not understand why it would not be possible to start the counter from null, it is not so difficult to do this in programming, what's the problem?
anyway, they put a reset button on there, -those who did not listen enough- but it did not returns our free experience points :izmena:

Giving you your free XP back isn't as simple as you seem to think. If you used what you spent it on (could be crew, could be a module, etc.) in a battle you will have benefited from it, so WG would also have to remove that benefit from you to pay you back fairly. But it isn't over, if you used the thing you spent free XP on and you benefited from using it, it also means somebody else in the game was disadvantaged by it, and lost maybe credits, XP, or even the battle. It would then mean WG have to reimburse those people as well for the system to be fair. It would be impossible to return you and other players back to an equal status before you accidentally spent your free XP.

Ezminek #20 Posted 04 June 2019 - 05:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28698 battles
  • [_NGN_] _NGN_

View Post250swb, on 04 June 2019 - 08:32 AM, said:

you used what you spent it on (could be crew, could be a module, etc.) in a battle you will have benefited from it, so WG would also have to remove that benefit from you to pay you back fairly. But it isn't over, if you used the thing you spent free XP on and you benefited from using it, it also means somebody else in the game was disadvantaged by it, and lost maybe credits, XP, or even the battle. It would then mean WG have to reimburse those people as well for the system to be fair. It would be impossible to return you and other players back to an equal status before you accidentally spent your free XP.

you misunderstood me, I think,
it impossibly getting my points back -if I have continued the game-, I understand (you wrote correctly: why);

(but if I haven't played it yet more, because I immediately noticed my mistake, I could reset it and could get my points back, because there was no other action, where my gain would count)

and the program would be better:

if next time (because i was tired, or drunk, or something else) don't accidentally push wrong % or don't do this mistake again; so i think it would be better to start the skill / perk increase counter from 0 (zero), than it starts now from all my free experience points (the program starts from there now: puts all of my points there, right away); as in poker: ALL IN! :coin:

Also tagged with cancellation, withdraw

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users