Light Tanks or having 10 of them in a battle

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

catatpillar #1 Posted 03 June 2019 - 12:21 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22899 battles

While people are busy complaining about artillery and having more than 2 per game is  causing distress in players. But nobody complains about having 5 scouts (per team). What is the point of that, really? Why do you need 5 scouts while having maps with 2-3 major spot areas/lanes. And with the new french wheeled vehicles the things are getting pretty ugly. The game turned into NFS mix with Revolt. Or more looking like Mario Cart, rather than a tank game. And not only gameplay changed... 

Farewell LT missions while having more than TWO scouts per team. Even with only two LTs, the spotted dmg is halved (a.k.a spread across both scouts most of the time).

Mission 15 LT for T55a. 7000 dmg combined assisted + dealt. 
From ~200 games, only 4 times at Prokhorovka and Malinovka maps. 
First you have to pray for those maps.
Second you have to pray not to have more than 1 other scout (except you).
Third you must pray for enemy scout not to suicide run into you (or simply be a wheeled vehicle driving like he doesn't care, everybody missing him).
Fourth you have to pray your team is not full of peacemakers that refuse to shoot spotted targets.

A lot of variables that have to align together for the perfect battle so you can succeed.

In reality - if you are alone you get town map, usually Himmelsdorf. Or you are having 2-3-4 more lights. GG

Edited by catatpillar, 03 June 2019 - 01:19 AM.

gpalsson #2 Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:28 AM

General

• Player
  • 24508 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Just deal more damage then.

Getting 4k spotting is not THAT unusual, and getting 3k damage in a tier 9 or 10 LT is doable too without too much fuss.

Getting good maps is a problem since there are an abundance of crap maps, but you can exclude a few with premium making your chances better.

Edited by gpalsson, 03 June 2019 - 07:32 AM.

catatpillar #3 Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:33 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22899 battles

View Postgpalsson, on 03 June 2019 - 06:28 AM, said:

Just deal more damage then.

Getting 4k spotting is not THAT unusual, and getting 3k damage in a tier 9 or 10 LT is doable too without too much fuss.

Simple as that, right! 

What about tier 8, which is my highest played LT? What about B-C 12t?

You all got solutions here which stand somewhere between Mars and Earth, but in reality it is different story. I can accomplish such game like 1 out of 300 in poor tier 8 tank. 

gpalsson #4 Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:34 AM

General

• Player
  • 24508 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postcatatpillar, on 03 June 2019 - 06:33 AM, said:

Simple as that, right! 

You all got solutions here which stand somewhere between Mars and Earth, but in reality it is different story. I can accomplish such game like 1 out of 300 in poor tier 8 tank. 

Get a higher tier LT then? I don't see why you must do this in BC 12t.

Grind the 12t while you try it, and if you don't succeed get the 13 90 and try again. 

You need a lot of enemy HP for this to work, so the higher the tier the better. And then you need a combination of skill and luck and setting yourself up for success. 

You aren't setting yourself up for success by trying to passive spot in 12t. Just saying.

Edited by gpalsson, 03 June 2019 - 07:36 AM.

duijm #5 Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:35 AM

Major

• Player
  • 48800 battles
  • [RANGX] RANGX

Simple as that, right! 

So missions should be easy? 

Cobra6 #6 Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16517 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

They are supposed to be challenging missions, doing 7K combined should not be a common thing, not even on open maps like Prokh/Mali.

As for WV's, they are completely blind so absolutely no competition in terms of spotting for true light tanks.

Simple as that, right! 

Well, I feel sorry for you that you choose one of the least competitive Tier 8 light tanks available to try this mission. Bc12t, while fun to play, it not a very good light tank for spotting and the DPM is too low to be a competitive damage dealer. 

Best LT for these missions is one with great camo and good mobility so you can get into passive spotting positions very early.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 03 June 2019 - 07:43 AM.

undutchable80 #7 Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:50 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 11703 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postcatatpillar, on 03 June 2019 - 12:21 AM, said:

While people are busy complaining about artillery and having more than 2 per game is  causing distress in players. But nobody complains about having 5 scouts (per team). What is the point of that, really? Why do you need 5 scouts while having maps with 2-3 major spot areas/lanes. And with the new french wheeled vehicles the things are getting pretty ugly. The game turned into NFS mix with Revolt. Or more looking like Mario Cart, rather than a tank game. And not only gameplay changed... 

Farewell LT missions while having more than TWO scouts per team. Even with only two LTs, the spotted dmg is halved (a.k.a spread across both scouts most of the time).

Mission 15 LT for T55a. 7000 dmg combined assisted + dealt. 
From ~200 games, only 4 times at Prokhorovka and Malinovka maps. 
First you have to pray for those maps.
Second you have to pray not to have more than 1 other scout (except you).
Third you must pray for enemy scout not to suicide run into you (or simply be a wheeled vehicle driving like he doesn't care, everybody missing him).
Fourth you have to pray your team is not full of peacemakers that refuse to shoot spotted targets.

A lot of variables that have to align together for the perfect battle so you can succeed.

In reality - if you are alone you get town map, usually Himmelsdorf. Or you are having 2-3-4 more lights. GG

Fifth - you must pray you dont have an enemy team that blindfires the obvious bushes for the first 1-2 minutes of the game. I am on this same LT mission - spawned Prokharovka in my T49 as the only LT on my team. Get blindfired to death by 4 different tanks in the first minute. Lesson learned, but what to do now…

EDIT: also turn Grand Battle mode on. It may help with your mission since its now available for T8 tanks. 

Edited by undutchable80, 03 June 2019 - 08:34 AM.

Balc0ra #8 Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:56 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72874 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postcatatpillar, on 03 June 2019 - 12:21 AM, said:

View Postcatatpillar, on 03 June 2019 - 07:33 AM, said:

Simple as that, right!

If you get Paris, does that matter? He is not wrong. As it's more on the maps then the team dispersion. And 3 of those 5 lights will die in the first 2 min anyway. If you do your job right, and spot right. That won't matter.

Then that's your problem. As even having 5 lights on your team. The new tier 8 MM will hold you back. Even as the only light in a tier 8 game, that's not easy. You need a tier 9 or X for 7K combined. Then 3K damage or 4K spotting is easier. You have had your 12t for 600 games and not upgraded yet when the missions are made for higher tiers in mind tbh. 13 90 did the LT missions for the T-55A easy. As getting +0 games on tier 8 alot is not gonna make that easy considering the total HP pool. Even if you get all of that alone. Then you def need to wait for the right map, and for stupid lights or no lights on your team. And pure tier X games will def make that easier, higher alpha guns and more HP to spot, even with 5 lights on your team.

Edited by Balc0ra, 03 June 2019 - 07:57 AM.

dd_keky #9 Posted 03 June 2019 - 08:18 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10358 battles
  • [WL1] WL1
You need to realise that scouting is not only job for light tanks. Every tank in game can/is scout lol. i would rather play vs 4+ LT then 1 clicker

Cobra6 #10 Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16517 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postundutchable80, on 03 June 2019 - 06:50 AM, said:

Fifth - you must pray you dont have an enemy team that blindfires the obvious bushes for the first 1-2 minutes of the game. I am on this same LT mission - spawned Prokharovka in my T49 as the only LT on my team. Get blindfired to death by 4 different tanks in the first minute. Lesson learned, but what to do now…

Well, don't use the obvious bushes at the start of the battle *OR* position yourself in such a way that their shots fly at an angle and not hit you (like move into bush to spot, and then pull back out which, if the enemy shoots from an angle will make them miss).

For instance on Prokh, a good move at the start would be to move up to the middle ridge but on the side of the high spotting position. That way you'll spot the enemy scout trying to get into the spotting bush on the map edge. After he is hammered by your team, loop around back and into the spotting bush yourself from the other side. This way the blind-fire phase will be over as the enemy now has actually stuff to shoot at and won't be bothered wasting ammo on scenery.

Cobra 6

barison1 #11 Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:58 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 43719 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Simple as that, right! 

do you try TD15 missions in tier 8 TD aswell? HT15 missions in a tier 8 HT? higher tier makes those missions easier you know

tier 9/10 french LT are way better in dealing dmg, relative easy to get 4k dmg/4k spot then due to pretty good guns. or good passive scout game on malin/proka (or other maps with some luck)

Edited by barison1, 03 June 2019 - 11:00 AM.

catatpillar #12 Posted 03 June 2019 - 03:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22899 battles

View Postbarison1, on 03 June 2019 - 09:58 AM, said:

do you try TD15 missions in tier 8 TD aswell? HT15 missions in a tier 8 HT? higher tier makes those missions easier you know

tier 9/10 french LT are way better in dealing dmg, relative easy to get 4k dmg/4k spot then due to pretty good guns. or good passive scout game on malin/proka (or other maps with some luck)

Wow, such an eye opener!!! :D Most likely if i had tier 9-10 LTs or TDs i would try finishing missions with them, but before i started grinding missions, i was playing mostly HTs and MTs.

The thing behind playing B-C 12t so much is that it requires about 600k exp if you want the AMX 30, AMX 13 105, and Bat Chat 25t. That's why this is my most played LT, not because i like it that much. Probably most of you have finished the grind back then when instead B-C 12t there was 13-90, but i started doing missions and checking out LTs and TDs much much later.
Anyway, i think that for 612 games in it the tank doesn't matter that much, and despite that you have to pray for all the factors to align correctly (i mentioned them above and some other tankers added to that list), with my poor skills as scout i've had to have the chance of at least 10 proper games at a good scouting map, without more than one other scout except me. I have made above 7k combined only once (it was on Malinovka ofc), when i was on a previous mission, sigh... For more than 300 games after that all the factors couldn't align properly. And not having tier 9-10 LT for seeing tanks with bigger hit points pool was pain in the butt.

First of all no one that answered in the thread - don't you think 5 scouts is way more than needed? Mostly 2 of them spotting, rest have to snipe from the back with their poor penetration, being flamed from teammates. Most of the answers catch a phrase or single word and reply to that. Excellent communicating skills fellow tankers!

HassenderZerhacker #13 Posted 03 June 2019 - 03:54 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31092 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View Postcatatpillar, on 03 June 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

First of all no one that answered in the thread - ... Most of the answers catch a phrase or single word and reply to that. Excellent communicating skills fellow tankers!

welcome to the forum, world of keyboard warriors.

the forum is a battlefield too.

you will find the best warriors on my ignore list

LCpl_Jones #14 Posted 03 June 2019 - 04:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13020 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

too many lights on a team is no different to not having enough TD's to damage for a medium mission or needing to do a bouncing mission in a heavy and the enemy team is all derps 

you just got to keep playing and hope that the right combinations fall into place. the moment they do it's golden. humble brag in spoiler. :B

Spoiler

Edited by LCpl_Jones, 03 June 2019 - 04:37 PM.

catatpillar #15 Posted 03 June 2019 - 05:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22899 battles

View PostLCpl_Jones, on 03 June 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

too many lights on a team is no different to not having enough TD's to damage for a medium mission or needing to do a bouncing mission in a heavy and the enemy team is all derps 

you just got to keep playing and hope that the right combinations fall into place. the moment they do it's golden. humble brag in spoiler. :B

Spoiler

Yeap, i am strugling with that one too. Whenever i play medium tank TDs dissapear... WG logic. Probably if i turn off the mission or pick another the games will be full of beefy TDs. Not that is an easy task to kill them, but that's another story. 

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 03 June 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

welcome to the forum, world of keyboard warriors.

the forum is a battlefield too.

you will find the best warriors on my ignore list

Exactly the reason i haven't opened forum more than half an year. 

barison1 #16 Posted 03 June 2019 - 06:48 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 43719 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postcatatpillar, on 03 June 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

Wow, such an eye opener!!! :D Most likely if i had tier 9-10 LTs or TDs i would try finishing missions with them, but before i started grinding missions, i was playing mostly HTs and MTs.

The thing behind playing B-C 12t so much is that it requires about 600k exp if you want the AMX 30, AMX 13 105, and Bat Chat 25t. That's why this is my most played LT, not because i like it that much. Probably most of you have finished the grind back then when instead B-C 12t there was 13-90, but i started doing missions and checking out LTs and TDs much much later.
Anyway, i think that for 612 games in it the tank doesn't matter that much, and despite that you have to pray for all the factors to align correctly (i mentioned them above and some other tankers added to that list), with my poor skills as scout i've had to have the chance of at least 10 proper games at a good scouting map, without more than one other scout except me. I have made above 7k combined only once (it was on Malinovka ofc), when i was on a previous mission, sigh... For more than 300 games after that all the factors couldn't align properly. And not having tier 9-10 LT for seeing tanks with bigger hit points pool was pain in the butt.

First of all no one that answered in the thread - don't you think 5 scouts is way more than needed? Mostly 2 of them spotting, rest have to snipe from the back with their poor penetration, being flamed from teammates. Most of the answers catch a phrase or single word and reply to that. Excellent communicating skills fellow tankers!

i rarely had issues with more LT on my team, most of them have either poor crew or have no clue in the slightest how to scout so they either camphard or suicide rush. got quite bunch high spot games even with multiple LT on team. only becomes an issue when you have multiple unicum players in lights, then your spots get "stolen"

but you can ask the same about other classes if there are not too many of them

i would still advise you to buy 1390 already and try do LT15 in that, you can always put a mediocre crew in bc12t and grind remainder of amx30/bc25t ap in frontlines soonTM or farm/make blueprints

Bordhaw #17 Posted 03 June 2019 - 08:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14894 battles

View Postcatatpillar, on 02 June 2019 - 11:21 PM, said:

But nobody complains about having 5 scouts (per team). What is the point of that, really? Why do you need 5 scouts while having maps with 2-3 major spot areas/lanes. 

SnowRelic #18 Posted 03 June 2019 - 09:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23954 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

While I prefer to be the only light on the team, simply because mediums, heavies and td's have more hit points than lights and less competition means less congestion at certain points on the map... I don't mind having 5 lights on the team. I haven't seen people cry about it either. Except for people who waited for a long time to get a more open map for their spotting mission. And I feel sad for them. But that's life. Just carry on.

The real issue is the shortage of decent, non-corridorized maps.

catatpillar #19 Posted 03 June 2019 - 09:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22899 battles

View Postbarison1, on 03 June 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

i rarely had issues with more LT on my team, most of them have either poor crew or have no clue in the slightest how to scout so they either camphard or suicide rush. got quite bunch high spot games even with multiple LT on team. only becomes an issue when you have multiple unicum players in lights, then your spots get "stolen"

but you can ask the same about other classes if there are not too many of them

i would still advise you to buy 1390 already and try do LT15 in that, you can always put a mediocre crew in bc12t and grind remainder of amx30/bc25t ap in frontlines soonTM or farm/make blueprints

Well i don't have problem having 3 arties per team, but people non stop complain about it. Why you would need 5 lights with 0 arties at  open maps? Or 3 arties at Himmelsdorf or another short map. 

Don't worry i farmed all the exp needed with B-C 12t, sold it week ago, but i continue playing now with LT-432 and the scenario remains the same. 

Even played some Ranked today with medium, all spotters were at worse Blue players... Only at tier 5 you can meet people without good crew, or unexperienced driving LTs. Rest are premium LTs driven from green players and above. 

View PostSnowRelic, on 03 June 2019 - 08:23 PM, said:

The real issue is the shortage of decent, non-corridorized maps.

That is only one of the issues. There are many, but either people close their eyes for them or WG does that. 

For WG it is more important asking surveys about what premium tank i will buy next, rather than improving game aspects. Sigh

Edited by catatpillar, 03 June 2019 - 10:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users