• This topic is locked This topic is locked
166 replies to this topic

WotPizza #1 Posted 03 June 2019 - 02:11 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29795 battles
  • [P1XEL] P1XEL

Hiya, 

So too many games start off like this that some unicums or the usual arrogant better than usual players come out and abuse people like me who play for fun and do not care about winrate but rely on basic strategy and can think out the box. 

I mean lets take this one example out straight away:

Everyone claims there is only one place where heavies should go. I dare to contend this stupid argument. As a versatile and very complex and highly flexible person I make sure not to bore myself by immediately going zombie like to the same place where all the other heavies go. 

BUT if you do think for yourself in this game oh boy you are going to get bad treatment in abundance by waves upon waves of no-lifers whose mission in life is to have high wn8 and make sure to abuse and bully and ill treat every other that stands out with original thinking.

Maybe I am insulting them in the way I play, that I truly think out the box? Maybe this simple thing enrages people so badly that I get shot, teamkilled and get fired lots of abuse and get wished cancer and all sorts of bad things.
As a cancer survivor I do not find it funny people in this game taking it so easily on their tongues to wish other people a deathly disease. It is sick. Really sick. 
And Wargaming does not mind this happening either. Which in other words is only making way for abuse to happen. 

I might as well stop playing this game as there is no sense in trying to make it fun when it never is fun. Fun is something where people mutually enjoy something. This is more like wish myself torture to carry on. 

The game has not improved really either. It is more buggy than ever too. It keeps freezing and the wait times have gone from 10 seconds to over 1 minute when there is over 1 k players in queue which is ridicilous alone :D 

Yeah. Thoughts on this? I suppose I wrote this to be thought provoking. 

Turtle_heading #2 Posted 03 June 2019 - 02:30 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24716 battles
  • [V_O_W] V_O_W

I don't think many players really care where you go in your heavy tank as long as you are leading the way and not sitting at the back hiding with the TDs, I only see abuse towards those who do just that, sit at the back of the map in thier top tier heavy whilst everyone else has to pick up the void of a missing heavy.

As long as you are providing your team with good support in breaking through which ever enemy line you pick then I personally wouldn't care.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #3 Posted 03 June 2019 - 03:27 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34103 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
I think you're confusing 'out of the box' with 'doing it wrong'.

Sfinski #4 Posted 03 June 2019 - 04:24 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 36513 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

You would have better winrate if you did anything right. Your winrate tells that pretty much anything you do, is wrong. And don't mistake playing for fun for being bad. I play for fun, but it's not fun when players like you take their Maus to the beach on overlord and lose the game pretty much on purpose for me.

You've played almost as much as I have, wouldn't it be time to actually try to learn the game for a change?

lnfernaI #5 Posted 03 June 2019 - 04:30 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33970 battles

View PostSfinski, on 03 June 2019 - 05:24 AM, said:

You've played almost as much as I have, wouldn't it be time to actually try to learn the game for a change?

The noob ego's do not change. Regardless, if a player has low winrate,the chance it goes positive is really low.

Just as mine will already never be any lower. It's simply impossible to lose the amount of battles required, just how OP will probably not win that much.

Edited by lnfernaI, 03 June 2019 - 04:32 AM.

Huntingwolf #6 Posted 03 June 2019 - 04:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9764 battles
  • [FA-T] FA-T

View PostWotPizza, on 03 June 2019 - 01:11 AM, said:

Hiya, 

So too many games start off like this that some unicums or the usual arrogant better than usual players come out and abuse people like me who play for fun and do not care about winrate but rely on basic strategy and can think out the box. 

Everyone claims there is only one place where heavies should go. I dare to contend this stupid argument. As a versatile and very complex and highly flexible person I make sure not to bore myself by immediately going zombie like to the same place where all the other heavies go. 

PLZ tell me you aren't the type of player and person who stands with a top tier Type 5 heavy behind my stealthy TD in a Bush  (and try to) snipe and think he can hide a 250m high Godzilla in  tiny bushes . (and risking my TD get shot  unnecessarily in the process )

and flame the chat after the loose..

i have seen that too many times....

I am very and highly suspicious about that point after that post there.. :sceptic:

Edited by Huntingwolf, 03 June 2019 - 08:45 AM.

TankkiPoju #7 Posted 03 June 2019 - 06:28 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23695 battles

View PostWotPizza, on 03 June 2019 - 02:11 AM, said:

rely on basic strategy and can think out the box.  

Seems like the box is out thinking you instead.

LordMuffin #8 Posted 03 June 2019 - 06:56 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 52674 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Hiya, 

BUT if you do think for yourself in this game oh boy you are going to get bad treatment in abundance by waves upon waves of no-lifers whose mission in life is to have high wn8 and make sure to abuse and bully and ill treat every other that stands out with original thinking.

Maybe I am insulting them in the way I play, that I truly think out the box? Maybe this simple thing enrages people so badly that I get shot, teamkilled and get fired lots of abuse and get wished cancer and all sorts of bad things.
As a cancer survivor I do not find it funny people in this game taking it so easily on their tongues to wish other people a deathly disease. It is sick. Really sick. 
And Wargaming does not mind this happening either. Which in other words is only making way for abuse to happen. 

I might as well stop playing this game as there is no sense in trying to make it fun when it never is fun. Fun is something where people mutually enjoy something. This is more like wish myself torture to carry on. 

The game has not improved really either. It is more buggy than ever too. It keeps freezing and the wait times have gone from 10 seconds to over 1 minute when there is over 1 k players in queue which is ridicilous alone :D 

You don't know about basic strategy. If you did, you would actually be helpful to your teams.

undutchable80 #9 Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:29 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 11703 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Well, you can Always turn chat off. 

And sure, sometimes out-of-the-box thinking can be useful. But it does require thinking and not just free-wheeling for the heck of it. A combination of knowledge of your tank + tier spread + own line up + enemy  line up + map = deciding where to go to be most useful for your team and your own chance of doing dmg.

For example, I was in my VK100.01P, bottom tier on Himmelsdorf. We had 2 top tier superheavies. I look at enemy lineup and decide not to go HT lane, or castle, but in stead I go with the LTs and MTs to 1-2 line. I get flamed and pinged by half the team (that are going HT lane or hill), and I tell them that I am helping push 1-2 line and that they should just hold them off. I get some laughs and comments in return - ignore. 

Sure enough, I push forwards bouncing a lot and spotting the enemy (with only the odd TD penning me), which allows my team behind me to snipe the enemy and use me as a shield as we slowly advance. 3 minutes later I am rolling past enemy base and help engage the enemy superheavies at HT lane from the rear to help secure the win.

PowJay #10 Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:46 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 39886 battles

You come here to complain that you are being flamed. I guess that it's not just once, but possibly every single battle, maybe? Do you think it's time to actually take notice and DO SOMETHING?

You claim to play for fun. Fine. What do you find fun about losing all the time? Serious question.

I find this game fun when I do loads of damage, plenty of kills and stomp the enemy into the ground. You seem to have fun driving tanks around and maybe shooting at the scenery. If that is your idea of fun, then I suggest you turn off chat and continue doing what you are doing- ruining thousands of battles for your team. Fair enough, I'd love to see you on the enemy team, so you are making things much easier for your opponents, which is nice.

I will admit that I sometimes do what I want to do and not what everyone else wants me to do. The difference is that I usually achieve something when I do it. Otherwise I wouldn't do it.

And thank you as well. You are the second terrible player to start a thread here today with proof that there is no pay to win if you can't play.

duijm #11 Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:47 AM

Major

• Player
  • 48800 battles
  • [RANGX] RANGX

View PostWotPizza, on 03 June 2019 - 01:11 AM, said:

Hiya, 

First of all it is not ok to flame with really bad words or sicknisses. So you are right here.

But lets compare wot with a football match.  You are the striker of your team but you decide to "think out of the box" and stand near the corner all game because you like that spot.  What would the rest of the team think of that?  Players dont flame at you because you are a bad player but because you probably are not helping the team with your actions. 

And would be playing better and winning more be more fun? Best would be to add a replay here so we can give you hints and tips to get better.

Like:

1 Go to a spot were you can shoot at enemies

2 Make sure you can retread if you are spotted

3 Stay alive as long as possible

4 Watch the minimap often

5 Know the role and strength of your tank

6 etc etc

chainreact0r #12 Posted 03 June 2019 - 08:12 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34660 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

What you say makes sense if you take a 50B sniping instead of brawling with is-7 and maus. That is perfectly understandable and recommended.

However i suspect we may have an O-HO roleplaying as arta syndrome on our hands here....

Homer_J #13 Posted 03 June 2019 - 08:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32425 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Maybe I am insulting them in the way I play, that I truly think out the box?

Just a thought, as far as I am concerned you can carry on playing as you like but...

Is your thinking out of the box making you win more?  If not then maybe there is a reason heavies always go to heavy corner etc.

7thSyndicate #14 Posted 03 June 2019 - 09:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46932 battles
Heavy tanks role is to hold and break to enemy lines, not to camp at base in the bush like many do giving the map control for free and losing the game. You can take Cliff as exemple, haevy tanks most battles stay camping in front of the base instead of going around leaving the whole flanq unprotected

UrQuan #15 Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:10 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21336 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTurtle_heading, on 03 June 2019 - 02:30 AM, said:

I don't think many players really care where you go in your heavy tank as long as you are leading the way and not sitting at the back hiding with the TDs, I only see abuse towards those who do just that, sit at the back of the map in thier top tier heavy whilst everyone else has to pick up the void of a missing heavy.

As long as you are providing your team with good support in breaking through which ever enemy line you pick then I personally wouldn't care.

This really. HT drivers get the least abuse of most classes tbh. They just have to show up in the frontline (or close to it in you don't possess strong armor) and people are happy with it. The moment your HT sits somewhere in the back, the abuse starts flying & honestly, not entirely without reason.

I drive (armored) HT's & I often drive them at different places & as long as I showed up in the front, most people were okay with it (the guy crapping on me because I didn't camp with my Maus was a quite special encounter tho & shows there will always be people complaining about the way you play)

You can even go med lanes with your HT & people not blinking, as long as you know your tank & be in the front.

The short gist of it: HT's belong in the frontline or somewhere close to it. You get a tank with high HP, good gun & often above average armor, that's why you park your tank in the front, because HT's are best equipped for frontline duty (and some TD's too)

The frontline you go towards, you can decide for yourself, but if you pick a place that's rarely used, you better know what you're doing. There is a reason why some places are easier to go to with certain tanks/classes then others. Figure out why & you can find suitable places less used as well to surprise the enemy.

Note; verbal abuse should not be tolerated, but if you play your class/tank as it should be, you cut down alot on abuse flung your way. Can't eliminate it entirely, because there will always be clueless people and/or weird circumstances. Best way is to prove them wrong with your actions.

Crossing the Paris field in my Black prince, because TD's needs targets to shoot & I'm happy to oblige

Oh and before that silly claims comes around; I play for fun. Like almost everyone does (I hope).

When I am having lots of fun: The enemy is coming & I am outnumbered & outgunned & out-tiered: Bring it on! I'm gonna take you on! I'm gonna take you all on!

Edited by UrQuan, 03 June 2019 - 12:29 PM.

Nethraniel #16 Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:12 AM

Major

• Player
  • 14542 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

So, seemingly, OP thinks 'playing for fun' is a blanket excuse for doing whatever they find somewhat 'funny' while being egoistic and ruining the match for the other players.

It is still a team vs. team game, even in randoms, and you should at least try to play together with your teammates, not doing your solo 'it's my freedom to do whatever stupid things I like' run.

Oh, and as others already wrote, thinking outside the battle is not outside the box...

Stevies_Team #17 Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12596 battles

If you just want to play for fun don't go higher than tier 8 and enjoy yourself

Let the Napoleons and Rommels have tier 9 and 10

There's room for everyone, all it needs is some basic common sense

Ego driven nut jobs at 9 and 10

Just for fun Losers at 8 and below

simples

Edited by If_I_Die_You_Die_Too, 03 June 2019 - 10:22 AM.

KillingJoker #18 Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:20 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40006 battles

«Oh look at me going beach on overlord with my heavy tank... so fun, i play wot for fun...

what? my team died in the first 3 minutes? and now i am stuck and going to be gangbanged? it doesn't matter, its soo fun... »

"Oh look at me going valley in Lakeville encounter in my slow heavy with no gun depression, so fun... 

oh the enemy killed everyone and caped, no problem, it was so fun, arty still hit me 3 times, basterds"

"ohh look at me camping in malinovka base with my hull down heavy...so fun...

(then someone says," move you camping bot, tomato T-34 move") 

"quiet, i am having fun... don't you see? go die now... gang bang is coming in the next 3 minutes, you guys are so toxic" 

Pagon1s #19 Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:21 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 33103 battles
  • [CRBER] CRBER

Hiya, 

Please stop playing this game

BlackBloodBandit #20 Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6351 battles

Hiya, 

As a cancer survivor I do not find it funny people in this game taking it so easily on their tongues to wish other people a deathly disease. It is sick. Really sick.  And Wargaming does not mind this happening either. Which in other words is only making way for abuse to happen. 

Strange that I've almost NEVER had people judging me for taking a heavy to the "medium side" or the other way around and it happens a lot to you. Probably the difference is that you don't make a difference on that position and others do.

Please define the word "fun" in your opinion, as most players that I see using that "I play only for fun", completely ruin the environment for other players for no reason, but selfish playing. You can have fun and support the team as well and win more. If this is the way players 'play' for fun, they should have stayed in the box, they played in as a baby. much safer from the outside world and safer for the outside world.

Edited by BlackBloodBandit, 03 June 2019 - 10:29 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users