• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

undutchable80 #1 Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:28 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 11703 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hiya tankers!

First off, the previous thread on this tank is over a year old, so didnt want to necro it and decided to start a new one. 

Secondly, I got myself my second Tier X with Black Market (the other one being the Centurion AX during TotT in April) - had over 32 mil saved up, so why not :justwait:. I am a Tier X noob (only played half a dozen games with the CAX) and I dont see that changing soon, since I struggle enough at T9 I want to get better at that tier first. However, I do plan on playing the FV a couple of times, since I am stuck on TD-15-3 and so I could use your help on how to equip and play this thing in the current (2019) meta. 

- What ammo loadout do you use? 10/10/0? 5/10/5? Full gold noob? (Is the 'regular' HE worth carrying?) 

- What equipment do you use? Vents, GR and GLD? 

- I am going up the UK TD line via the Firefly, so I cant use the crew right now until I finish that grind and get the Challenger, but they are currently almost done with their second skill. First skill is BiA and second is individual skill. What third skill would you recommend? Recon + Camo? Recon + Repair? Something else?

Any other helpful tips would be appreciated - apart from the "dont play it, it sucks" comments. I will be playing it (not much though), so please help me get the most out of it. :honoring:

Thanks in advance,

~Dutch

Kane80 #2 Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:57 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 34955 battles
  • [FIPZD] FIPZD

game show me, fv 183 aiming time 2,9second.. no it´s not.. real time is like 4-5 second when aiming is ready.. bulllll shiiiit..

wg fix this 183 and fv4005 tank aiming time correct..

Negativvv #3 Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:22 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13171 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

Wouldn't a US T30 be just as good for TD Campaign Missions?

I too have a Deathstar via the Black Market and my WR in it is zero :trollface:

I'd imagine you play as HT support and blast stuff that makes mistakes or has shot their own gun. Horrible aimtime likely means that offensive actions are difficult.

undutchable80 #4 Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:33 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 11703 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostKane80, on 24 July 2019 - 07:57 PM, said:

game show me, fv 183 aiming time 2,9second.. no it´s not.. real time is like 4-5 second when aiming is ready.. bulllll shiiiit..

wg fix this 183 and fv4005 tank aiming time correct..

Maybe a little known fact: " The aiming time listed for each gun (in a specific turret) describes the time it takes for the aiming circle diameter to shrink to a third of its size" (Source: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics#Aiming)

So if you have a gun with a big aiming circle / gun bloom, it will take a lot longer for it to fully aim in since it starts out big. Guns with a smaller aiming circle / gun bloom dont have that problem and can snapshot a lot better for example. 

Claus did a good YT vid on the subject: 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users