XVM block

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

tesha032 #1 Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 55342 battles
  • [KRV] KRV

Will this feature ever be introduced? I don't play for the stats, and I do not want people to see my stats with installed mods because it gives them an unfair advantage over me. (I play full vanilla mode)

Not to even start the topic of 45% winrate artillery players ignoring the actual targets and prioritizing by opponent's stats.

I want to block other people accessing my stats during the match, as I do not want to see other people's stats during the match.

Is it possible to do so at this moment, and if not, will it ever be?

ShuraBB #2 Posted 03 June 2019 - 10:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 836 battles
  • [RU_PP] RU_PP

>Will this feature ever be introduced?

No!

ExclamationMark #3 Posted 03 June 2019 - 11:01 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16785 battles
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD

View PostShuraBB, on 03 June 2019 - 10:57 PM, said:

>Will this feature ever be introduced?

No!

^

But WG has hinted at plans to disable XVM, by adding FoW (Fog of War). So in the [near hopefully] future? Possibly, bordering on likely.

_zzzz_ #4 Posted 03 June 2019 - 11:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 630 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

Hope this helps: http://forum.worldof...ish-transcript/

"The mod that allows players to see your nickname and stats – We have a concept for fixing it. One variant here is similar to the Fog of War on the Global Map. However, we need to study the aftermath of the case when all players choose to anonymize their name and stats. We’ll be working on it and release a certain version of the solution this year. We can’t confirm that it’s going to be final. We aren’t planning to block XVM."

Edited by _zzzz_, 03 June 2019 - 11:04 PM.

ExclamationMark #5 Posted 03 June 2019 - 11:06 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16785 battles
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD
waah... then what the hell is the point of adding FoW? :facepalm:

tesha032 #6 Posted 03 June 2019 - 11:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 55342 battles
  • [KRV] KRV

Nah, the whole point would be - if you want to see other people's stats - you have to expose your own.
I don't need that, I don't want the people to see my stats in the game and that's it. Just because it was available from the beginning, doesn't mean it was right, and doesn't mean it's not an unfair advantage. It is.

@_zzzz_: yes, it actually does. Thanks a lot :)

_Sidescrape_ #7 Posted 04 June 2019 - 12:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7675 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

I cannot agree more with this. I myself only have 1800 WN8 and the amount I get focused in-game by artillery is a joke. Wargaming don't understand just how detrimental to game-play this mod is for any and all above average players.

I have many-of-replays where even though there's easier targets close by, the artillery will aim to hit/splash me instead. Like being behind hard cover in a medium tank, and having nearby heavy tank allies, in the open but the opposing artillery aim to hit/splash me repeatedly because they see my stats being higher than the heavy tank and therefore posing more a threat to them in the long run.

I have no problem with players tracking their own stats, or even being able to look up the people they were playing with/against AFTER the battle has come to an end. But during battles it just leads to the infamous "XVM Aim" scenarios whereas players just focus the opposition with the higher stats. It's a serious problem in the game, and something that should either be addressed by Wargaming themselves or by the Mod Author of XVM.

If you too agree with this, +1 Let's get some traction on getting some enforcement on this and aim to get XVM changed for the better of everyone.

Shad0wize #8 Posted 04 June 2019 - 01:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12636 battles
  • [WUN-2] WUN-2

I would really like to be able to hide my stats, so I can finally show my true nature and become Super Potato with red WR%.

Jokes aside the only thing that would happen if they implement said feature is that the nimrods will not quit or drown themselves at the beginning of the game due to a low win chance and the list just goes on.

I'm all for seeing a players stats after the battle, by googling his name but during the battle it is rather annoying. It's not just arty, it's people yoloing in to kill you because of your stats, doesn't matter if they throw away their higher tier autoloader to get a scout. And that is just the tip of the iceberg, there's so much more. Like this:

http://wotreplays.eu...i-shad0wize-t92

Just game in and game out surrounded by douches such as those, it gets worse when they're on your team and you can't really do anything about it.

Also tagged with XVM, block

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users