Bad Driving

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

gav00 #1 Posted 03 June 2019 - 11:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10678 battles

The following is purely a rant with a hint of sarcasm.

Increasingly I am noticing that a surprising amount of players can not control their vehicle properly or have any positional awareness.

A majority of my games will start with someone who is so keen on pressing the W button, that they will drive into, spin and damage team mates on their way from spawn. Later in game, players will endlessly bump into me whilst I am aiming, or park up behind me so that I can no longer side-scrape.

Last night I had been camping bush atop a cliff. After some early spots and shots, things calmed down, I was appreciating the lovely view when BAM!, someone rear-ends me from nowhere, pushes me out of the bush and down the cliff, taking a chunk of my HP with it. A scenario which has now become typical.

I realize that I can not blame the players 100%, WG is also at fault for putting such few decent positions in their maps, that people are forced to share them.

Whenever I am maneuvering around a team mate, I will always be sure to give them enough room to angle or poke, I will prioritize getting out of their way if they need to retreat, over getting shots in myself. However, I seem to be in this group with very few other players.

WG need to extend the tutorial with a full driving test. If they bump into any allies on the test, the game uninstalls.

Edited by gav00, 04 June 2019 - 12:42 AM.

onderschepper #2 Posted 03 June 2019 - 11:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2168 battles
  • [BOF] BOF

I guarantee that in the majority of occasions those initial crashes are caused by people setting their Cruise Control to full speed and then looking away from the screen until they hear the crash.

Personally, unless I start on the periphery or at the front, I wait until the melee has dispersed and then move off.

XBone controllers have their pros and cons, with the fidelity of the Analogue Sticks being a definite advantage for greater precision whilst maneuvering.

Pandabird #3 Posted 03 June 2019 - 11:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37112 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

I mean i can not not approve of the highlighted test :D I just can't.

But in all seriousness, most of the time this "pushing" is intentional, they deem you unworthy of the bush or just want to troll.

Wg could for instance add a "if your front is scraping towards an ally for X seconds in situation where no enemy is in engaging, team damage towards you will be allowed" or something. Had an AMX38 ruin my Su85b attempt at reaching 50% wr by just constantly pushing me. He told me i should stop padding. Dude i'm following top of the tree, chill.

ExclamationMark #4 Posted 03 June 2019 - 11:59 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16788 battles
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD

There are players that seem capable of flipping their tank in any circumstance. It's an acquired skill, and genuinely impressive.

Propjesschieter #5 Posted 04 June 2019 - 12:04 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3983 battles
I am more annoyed by the &^%$^ pressing S at the start of a game...why the F you need to reverse?

UrQuan #6 Posted 04 June 2019 - 12:09 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21336 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPropjesschieter, on 04 June 2019 - 12:04 AM, said:

I am more annoyed by the &^%$^ pressing S at the start of a game...why the F you need to reverse?

I do that often when I have to turn at start with my slow heavies. Gives all the meds & other fast tanks room to get past me (they usually go in front of me) & I can turn quietly in peace (I do check if the distance is big enough for the one behind me tho before I reverse)

I also often drive close to other heavies so I can avoid most traffic incidents. Still, there's that occasional light/med that tries to squeeze in between us & gets dragged along till one of us briefly stops so he can get out... 

MeetriX #7 Posted 04 June 2019 - 12:25 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23848 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View Postgav00, on 03 June 2019 - 11:27 PM, said:

The following is purely a rant with a hint of sarcasm.

A majority of my games will start with someone who is so keen on pressing the W button, that they will drive into, spin and damage enemy vehicles on their way from spawn. 

And that is a bad thing?

gav00 #8 Posted 04 June 2019 - 12:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10678 battles

View PostMeetriX, on 04 June 2019 - 12:25 AM, said:

And that is a bad thing?

oops

TheComfyChair #9 Posted 04 June 2019 - 12:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8905 battles