How to notice blacklisted enemies?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Ulodwor #1 Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23566 battles

It's rare but sometimes I end up in the same game as a player on my blacklist. I notice because of the black and red around their tank icon in the team list. However, it seems blacklisted players always end up in my own team and not the enemy team. Which is a bit annoying, unless you're into teamkilling and what not. Now I feel I have to ask, Is there even a way to see when an enemy player is on your blacklist? Are enemies on your blacklist marked in the same way as friendly players?

Perhaps it's coincidence all blacklisted players I encounter seem to be in my own team. I do recall noticing one enemy on my blacklist but that was a long time ago. Many updates have passed since then. Perhaps I've simply forgotten other encounters with blacklisted enemies, I can not really say. But if the current client does not provide a way to for players to notice when an enemy is on your blacklist, is there a mod which provides this functionality?

Dorander #2 Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:39 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

Can't say with 100% certainty as my teamlist has some esthetic mods but my blacklisted people, both on my own and on the enemy team, are marked with a symbol of a red crossed out volume icon. I'm going to assume that it's just the icon that's been modified if at all, and not the functionality, so I'd say yes, blacklisted people on the enemy team are likely marked in the same way as ones on your own team. The mods are part of Aslain's pack so I'd be hard pressed to tell you which one it is exactly.

I wouldn't let that guide who I shoot either way (especially not when they're on my own team), better to let tactics such as shot priority decide that.

BlackBloodBandit #3 Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6354 battles
Blacklisted players have the same sign in both teams, so they can pop up in both teams. Even better, I have someone to focus on if I have a choice. If you block someone for the battle, the same sign appears in front of their name.

PowJay #4 Posted 04 June 2019 - 09:53 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39886 battles

If there was a difference- and I can't say that I have noticed- then obviously a blacklisted player cannot communicate with you and vice versa. As you can't communicate with opponents in battle, a blacklist mark is irrelevant in this respect. 

I had a blacklisted player on my team the other day. It's the first time in a while I remember seeing one. He's still a useless idiot. 

Ulodwor #5 Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:08 AM

Private

• Player
  • 23566 battles
Ok, thanks! Seems I may have been unlucky and/or forgetful. I very much look forward to the appearance of a blacklisted enemy then. That is why you play arty, right? To finally encounter the most unworthy filth of this game and pay them back, over and over again until they be deleted and their presence no longer can offend you. 

Wintermute_1 #6 Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:29 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 50040 battles
I blacklist players so I can ignore them, not so I'm made aware of them.

TungstenHitman #7 Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:43 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 30631 battles

Blacklist should be removed from the game. It only serves to create TK, griefing or focusing scenario's, all of which is toxic. If a teammate is causing you problems during a battle, then mute for the battle, report, relocate or do whatever you feel is in your best interests to get on with your battle free of their grief but... imo, that's where it should all be left, in that one battle, forgotten about soon after and we all move on. Blacklisting is toxic. Now, you might say you use so you have an early warning about a player that was had caused you problems before, fine, but I ran a blacklist of players that had caused me problems and not once did it ever repeat. I monitored them from the start of the battle, did my own thing, didn't avoid them or go somewhere I didn't want to go but in all cases, they actually just played fine so as suspected, that one battle in which they did cause me problems, was one of those rare salty tilts we all get and generally, we are all fine and play away normally. So I removed everyone from the blacklist.

Let me ask you guys this. If you had a teammate really got on your case, a player who purposefully shoved you into enemy tanks or down a cliff into a lake where you died, a teammate that was using a SPG and needlessly and knowing hit your tank over and over while you were brawling with an enemy and you met them again as a teammate in another battle, a battle in which you are top tier with a big alpha gun and they are bottom tier with a low hp tank, what would you do? Blacklist needs to go. 

Balc0ra #8 Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:46 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72874 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostTungstenHitman, on 05 June 2019 - 09:43 AM, said:

Blacklist should be removed from the game. It only serves to create TK, griefing or focusing scenario's, all of which is toxic.

And yet... that's why most are on my blacklist in the first place.

TungstenHitman #9 Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:01 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 30631 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 05 June 2019 - 08:46 AM, said:

And yet... that's why most are on my blacklist in the first place.

Exactly my point. So you have them on your blacklist for what reason? Revenge TK? That's why BL should go.  

BlueSnail #10 Posted 05 June 2019 - 10:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21880 battles

I have Safe Shot installed, both to avoid accidental "green fire" and to prevent me from damaging people whom I think "deserve it".

I barely notice battle chat, so that's not a problem.

However, having read this thread, I think I will start to use Black Listing.  Perhaps I will use the opportunity to mess with someone else's game.

Of course, if I don't enjoy the experience, I will discontinue it.

Thanks for everyone who contributed to this thread, and to TungstenHitman, though we differ in our opinions.

Yaccay #11 Posted 05 June 2019 - 02:01 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 35384 battles
  • [4TL] 4TL

"How to notice blacklisted enemies?"

I usually use my eyes. Blacklisted players happen to be at the opposing team too.

PowJay #12 Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:52 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 39886 battles

View PostYaccay, on 05 June 2019 - 01:01 PM, said:

"How to notice blacklisted enemies?"

I usually use my eyes. Blacklisted players happen to be at the opposing team too.

Yes. For the first time in quite a while, I have noticed a blacklisted player on the enemy team.

Balc0ra #13 Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72874 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostTungstenHitman, on 05 June 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

Exactly my point. So you have them on your blacklist for what reason? Revenge TK? That's why BL should go.  

No... as in that's what they did for no reason. It's not because I retaliated, or they did. So removing the blacklist will only trade one issue for another. As in then you can get away with it. As you won't remember the next time you meet him most likely, but he might etc. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 05 June 2019 - 04:34 PM.

TheJumpMaster #14 Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:40 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 50335 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostUlodwor, on 04 June 2019 - 09:00 PM, said:

It's rare but sometimes I end up in the same game as a player on my blacklist. I notice because of the black and red around their tank icon in the team list. However, it seems blacklisted players always end up in my own team and not the enemy team. Which is a bit annoying, unless you're into teamkilling and what not. Now I feel I have to ask, Is there even a way to see when an enemy player is on your blacklist? Are enemies on your blacklist marked in the same way as friendly players?

Perhaps it's coincidence all blacklisted players I encounter seem to be in my own team. I do recall noticing one enemy on my blacklist but that was a long time ago. Many updates have passed since then. Perhaps I've simply forgotten other encounters with blacklisted enemies, I can not really say. But if the current client does not provide a way to for players to notice when an enemy is on your blacklist, is there a mod which provides this functionality?

They have a crossed out speaker thingy beside their name

Ulodwor #15 Posted 09 June 2019 - 10:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23566 battles

Can't believe I did not already think to simply try and add players from both teams to the blacklist in a game :facepalm: 

Better late than never I suppose... As shown by the image it would seem that players from your blacklist can in fact, as suggested by more observant people above be quite readily noticed no matter  what team they are on.

I did remove these players from my blacklist immediately afterwards. Won't do to defile the blacklist by adding players not proven to be anything but certified crooks. 

Posted Image

Edited by Ulodwor, 09 June 2019 - 10:32 PM.

15JG52Brauer #16 Posted 10 June 2019 - 01:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 81682 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
Tungsten you are forgetting another very important aspect of the blacklist - it stops them sending you messages - this is very handy if you have some half-crazed psychopath messaging you after the game saying he will track your IP and come round your house etc - I have used it to block just such people n more than  occasion. Also, there is a mod that enables you to add comments. So my blacklist has 2 levels - no comment ones who are probably just 1 game idiots or something - who I don't want to communicate with but I don't really care about them, and the ones with comments for the real trolls- so I recognise them and choose to take action accordingly. Note I never grief or tk someone on my team - but if I see two enemy players next to each other and I noticed one is a griefer, then yes I will probably shoot him - however, to be honest usually I don't notice them until after the game. It would be better if the team damage and barrel blocking mechanics were not in the game, that would have prevented a lot of people making it to my blacklist - as would them just behaving like reasonable human beings - but that as they say is another story ;-)

Somnorila #17 Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:23 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 57840 battles

I was thinking long ago about this part of the game. What's the point of blacklisting?

So i thought maybe it would be better if WG would implement some rules around this feature. Something on the lines of having a limited number of slots for blacklisted players, like 10-15. And an automated time restriction for the blacklist. Like a player in your blacklist will be removed after 30 days or so.

But restrict MM so that blacklisted players will never be put in same team with you.

08:29 Added after 6 minutes

View Post15JG52Brauer, on 10 June 2019 - 01:01 AM, said:

another very important aspect of the blacklist - it stops them sending you messages - this is very handy if you have some half-crazed psychopath messaging you after the game saying he will track your IP and come round your house etc 

The way you mute a player in game you probably should be able, if it's not already possible as i never tried it, to mute a player in garage. As maybe you don't want to blacklist him just don't want to receive any messages from him anymore. This list can be endless and i suppose should have a time limit too, or an option to chose between standard time limited mute or permanent.

I remember some talk long ago about an overhaul for the chat. Still waiting...

Edited by Somnorila, 10 June 2019 - 09:30 AM.

Dorander #18 Posted 10 June 2019 - 02:55 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 05 June 2019 - 08:43 AM, said:

Let me ask you guys this. If you had a teammate really got on your case, a player who purposefully shoved you into enemy tanks or down a cliff into a lake where you died, a teammate that was using a SPG and needlessly and knowing hit your tank over and over while you were brawling with an enemy and you met them again as a teammate in another battle, a battle in which you are top tier with a big alpha gun and they are bottom tier with a low hp tank, what would you do? Blacklist needs to go. 

First off, that player would not end up on my blacklist which I use exclusively for spammy players that I never wish to hear from again, but let's for the sake of argument assume that that player did. What would I do when I met that player a second time?

Absolutely nothing, because I'm an adult.

Shad0wize #19 Posted 10 June 2019 - 03:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12647 battles

View PostWintermute_1, on 05 June 2019 - 09:29 AM, said:

I blacklist players so I can ignore them, not so I'm made aware of them.

I only blacklist people that tk me or talk crap. Sometimes they do both. Whenever I am in a game with them they die, I do not support them and if they are on the enemy team the y will not get to shoot me once whilst I farm them.

I'm a nice guy like that... what can I say? :)

Rati_Festa #20 Posted 10 June 2019 - 03:58 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 49314 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
It shouldn't be called black listing as that implies that you shouldn't meet them again. It should be just called "muted" which ironically is what the icon they use clearly symbolises.

WG being WG gave it a far grander name than the functionality actually provides.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users