FPS problem...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

BraveBaboon #1 Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2270 battles

Hi guys, i have an asus rog g750jm, and i sometimes have this problem where i play the game one day, only a few hours (im more of a weekend player) and it works perfectly fine, high settings (not highest) constant 60fps with vsync, more without but the image doesnt look well if i disable it. And then 2 days after i play it again and the fps is 60fps for a few seconds, then it drops very low, to like 20-30 fps, and no more that 32 or 33... and it does not ever go back up to 60fps, only if i "alt+tab" it and then go back in the game but then as well for only a few seconds before dropping down to 20-30fps. I can't predict when its gonna happen, it just happens all of a sudden, and then tomorrow it works just perfectly fine. i tried everything, reinstalling drivers, os, disabling all power saving options (btw the laptop stays plugged in while im playing games, i plug it off only when watching movies or youtube so the battery wont break. It only happens in world of tanks, any other games seems fine, you guys have any idea of what could cause this problem?

Thanks, 

TheTinyHelp

Edit: I can't hear the gpu fan(laptop has 2 fans) spinning, and no overheating while i have this problem, but when it works with 60fps, the fan is blowing hard and hot and the laptop is pretty hot as well, both fans are running then, but now, not a single noise or serious heat.

Edit 2: Here i have a video you can see exactly what is happening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvHIPvhLnAs

Just for a split second in the beginning the game works with 60fps and then disaster 

Edited by TheTinyHelp, 04 June 2019 - 08:39 PM.

Pansenmann #2 Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35963 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
sounds like you should "pin" the game to the dedicated GPU in the driver settings.

jack_timber #3 Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:39 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 39167 battles

Know you said it wasn't heat related but download, I use Afterburner, a  program to check CPU/GPU temp. It could maybe do with a good clean out.

WoT used to make my laptop rather hot so had to strip and remove fan to get to heatsink every six months or so... 

_SpartanWarrior_ #4 Posted 05 June 2019 - 02:44 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35761 battles
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ
wrong topic,friend

Nishi_Kinuyo #5 Posted 05 June 2019 - 03:24 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 8799 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
Have you tried turning off VSync?

Bordhaw #6 Posted 05 June 2019 - 07:24 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14492 battles

View PostTheTinyHelp, on 04 June 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

Hi guys, i have an asus rog g750jm, and i sometimes have this problem where i play the game one day, only a few hours (im more of a weekend player) and it works perfectly fine, high settings (not highest) constant 60fps with vsync, more without but the image doesnt look well if i disable it. And then 2 days after i play it again and the fps is 60fps for a few seconds, then it drops very low, to like 20-30 fps, and no more that 32 or 33... and it does not ever go back up to 60fps, only if i "alt+tab" it and then go back in the game but then as well for only a few seconds before dropping down to 20-30fps. I can't predict when its gonna happen, it just happens all of a sudden, and then tomorrow it works just perfectly fine. i tried everything, reinstalling drivers, os, disabling all power saving options (btw the laptop stays plugged in while im playing games, i plug it off only when watching movies or youtube so the battery wont break. It only happens in world of tanks, any other games seems fine, you guys have any idea of what could cause this problem?

Thanks, 

TheTinyHelp

Edit: I can't hear the gpu fan(laptop has 2 fans) spinning, and no overheating while i have this problem, but when it works with 60fps, the fan is blowing hard and hot and the laptop is pretty hot as well, both fans are running then, but now, not a single noise or serious heat.

Edit 2: Here i have a video you can see exactly what is happening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvHIPvhLnAs

Just for a split second in the beginning the game works with 60fps and then disaster 

You need better hardware or play with reduced graphics settings on the SD client. 

BraveBaboon #7 Posted 07 June 2019 - 08:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2270 battles
As i said, it works fine most of the times, turns out it worked after a restart, I think the battery has to be on 100% and plugged in, otherwise it's not working fine. That seems to be the only problem, but thank you guys for helping me out ! 

Nishi_Kinuyo #8 Posted 08 June 2019 - 12:02 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 8799 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostTheTinyHelp, on 07 June 2019 - 08:25 PM, said:

I think the battery has to be on 100% and plugged in, otherwise it's not working fine. That seems to be the only problem, but thank you guys for helping me out ! 

If that is the issue, then maybe you should check out the energy settings/profile for when its running on battery power.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users