Me: Nani the f-

WG: *buffs all tanks' HP*

Me:

SnowRelic #2 Posted 04 June 2019 - 09:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23954 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Well. WG is opting for the easy and logical solution. There were plenty of voices shouting reduce damage on gold rounds. But then WG would have to choose between nerfing the gold rounds on premiums and all the fuss that would bring, or just buffing everything while letting gold damage stay put.

NekoPuffer_PPP #3 Posted 04 June 2019 - 09:25 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 34123 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostSnowRelic, on 04 June 2019 - 09:10 PM, said:

Well. WG is opting for the easy and logical solution. There were plenty of voices shouting reduce damage on gold rounds. But then WG would have to choose between nerfing the gold rounds on premiums and all the fuss that would bring, or just buffing everything while letting gold damage stay put.

If not touching the premium tanks is the actual limitation, then that's seriously ridiculous. Their ammo would be changed in exactly the same way as any other tank, by reducing prammo alpha damage.

That's only one change, but for all tanks.

WG chose to buff all tanks' standard ammo, then buff all their HP pools to compensate. That's double the work for what could've been much simpler.

It's just the first iteration of the test though, all subject to change and such.

As a side note, the gameplay on the test is outstanding. Nobody's camping. Nobody. Everybody's actually playing and attacking cleverly, it seems unbelievable, but this is some of the most fun I've had playing WoT in years, though I doubt it's the ammo change's doing. I wonder why people play differently all of a sudden?

TungstenHitman #4 Posted 04 June 2019 - 10:00 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30631 battles

I don't think we should stress as this latest display of game ignorance will be about as popular on the Russian servers as their poor effort at nerfing the 430U. It ain't gonna fly and they'll be dragging that idea off the table just as fast hopefully. The change won't sell premium tanks since T8 is bottom tier most the time and bottom tier tanks are those that need it and use gold ammo the most. So why would anyone want to by a tank that's effectively had it's DPM clipped by 30% just to fight higher tanks that are already a challenge as it stands right now, let alone with a nerfed gun ammo. Higher tier tanks generally don't need gold ammo and when they do it's for really idiotic tanks like Type5 and Object 279 etc

Edited by TungstenHitman, 04 June 2019 - 10:38 PM.

The_Naa #5 Posted 05 June 2019 - 07:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8317 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

Its Simple really.

Players dont like WG nerfing stuff so buff everything expect the thing you want nerfed so technically players cant complain.

And when it comes to premium tanks nerfing SA would give a solid reason to ask for a refund but if it gets a buff you cant complain :B

Spoiler

Slyspy #6 Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:34 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14699 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 04 June 2019 - 09:25 PM, said:

If not touching the premium tanks is the actual limitation, then that's seriously ridiculous. Their ammo would be changed in exactly the same way as any other tank, by reducing prammo alpha damage.

You'll note that when they nerfed TD's camo on firing across the board they didn't touch the premiums.

chainreact0r #7 Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34660 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 04 June 2019 - 09:25 PM, said:

As a side note, the gameplay on the test is outstanding. Nobody's camping. Nobody. Everybody's actually playing and attacking cleverly, it seems unbelievable, but this is some of the most fun I've had playing WoT in years, though I doubt it's the ammo change's doing. I wonder why people play differently all of a sudden?

There is no camping, that is true, but there are only like a couple of maps Abbey, Ensk, Himmel, Sand river, El halluf on which camping is borderline impossible.(people still camp on prokh) The problem is that the russian bots follow the lemming train through enemy crossfire every single time. There is no "clever attacking" just brainless yolo rushes to end the match faster to get xp faster to get to tier 10 faster.

Cobra6 #8 Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16506 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Yeah I saw that article and had to laugh, Wargaming is quite literally doing the exact opposite of what is asked: 

Nerfing premium ammo damage.

Removing super high alpha in general from the game.

This latest buff is again going to make stuff terrible for anything that isn't tier 10 as these tanks will now chew through lower tiers even faster while being harder to kill due to the higher HP.

It's *really* like WG is either not thinking at all about these things or they just don't care at all anymore.

Cobra 6

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 05 June 2019 - 11:45 AM.

vasilinhorulezz #9 Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27921 battles

Incompetence at it's finest, as always WG balancing department never fails to provide us with content for memes.

Viper 5.9

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users