Is there any cheat or skill that would make you see undetected tank?

unfai cheat

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

Jauhesammutin #81 Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23607 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View PostDorander, on 06 June 2019 - 04:47 PM, said:

It also requires a third party server both sides constantly transmit data to which someone's going to be racking up costs for, beyond the obvious problem that the cheat wouldn't do anything without a cheating counterpart on the enemy team.

Except when you inject that "cheat" into a common used mod like XVM and only activate the receiving data for paying customers.

4nt #82 Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28789 battles

View PostJauhesammutin, on 06 June 2019 - 07:13 PM, said:

Except when you inject that "cheat" into a common used mod like XVM and only activate the receiving data for paying customers.

That would require same XVM build to Be loaded by both parties, and most use known builds... That have been screened by WG...

Jauhesammutin #83 Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23607 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View Post4nt, on 06 June 2019 - 06:17 PM, said:

That would require same XVM build to Be loaded by both parties, and most use known builds... That have been screened by WG...

That was just an example. There are still "legal" mods not found on the modhub.

4nt #84 Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28789 battles

View PostJauhesammutin, on 06 June 2019 - 07:41 PM, said:

That was just an example. There are still "legal" mods not found on the modhub.

Fair enough. But I have a feel that most XVM build makers would not really appreciate someone dropping such hash into their collection. There are some precedents (IIRC Aslain?), where pack maker permanently dropped a mod from his pack when suspicious activity was found after an update.

Edit: Its kinda a face thing, no one wants to be officially connected to cheats in mod circles.

Edited by 4nt, 06 June 2019 - 07:53 PM.

Homer_J #85 Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31981 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBigtime_Alarm, on 06 June 2019 - 06:48 PM, said:

Are you sure?  It isn't an enormous amount of data

It isn't run off an unlimited home internet connection.  Every byte costs.

WoT has a very low data usage even compared to other online games.

Dorander #86 Posted 06 June 2019 - 10:01 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View PostJauhesammutin, on 06 June 2019 - 06:13 PM, said:

XVM gets data through a Wargaming coded API and displays that data on screen. The mods don't communicate with each other. For the communication to work there needs to be something, being a server, to direct the information, the XVM servers simply don't have that function. You can't just plug it into another piece of software and expect it to work.
21:05 Added after 3 minutes

View Post994250, on 06 June 2019 - 04:50 PM, said:

My co-worker said, his clanmate paid him membership for something that show every enemy tank long before they had been spotted.
Now i didn't believe him to be honest, though he isn't really a liar.

You should ask your coworker for a video recording of that "something". He's either unintentionally misrepresenting, bragging, or outright pulling your leg. The closest known functionality for this is the mod that marks locations where enemies break objects, that just places markers, it doesn't show the tanks. Unspotted tanks simply don't get rendered, not even actual existing cheatmods render tanks you can't see. Best you get is a marker or a ghost image of a spotted tank behind cover.

Gremlin182 #87 Posted 06 June 2019 - 10:52 PM

General

• Player
  • 57199 battles

View PostCobra6, on 06 June 2019 - 11:35 AM, said:

Personally I find this mod a bit dubious as it marks things specifically on the map.

When a player *KNOWS* where light tanks might be as he has played there as well himself is something radically different from just being clearly told by a mod. The first case takes experience, the second is just an advantage over players not having  the mod.

Cobra 6

I agree I ticked the box in aslains modpack to see if I agreed with the places it marked.

In some cases they were not places I would use for my Tds of Lights though perhaps map changes may have made it out of date.

I did find tanks on my team using the places so who knows.

Probably untick it next time there is an update.

fwhaatpiraat #88 Posted 07 June 2019 - 06:37 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 57458 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 06 June 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:

Lots of dodgy mods but I've never seen one offering spotting of unspotted tanks.

I did. People (enemies) often caught me using it.

Jauhesammutin #89 Posted 07 June 2019 - 07:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23607 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View PostDorander, on 06 June 2019 - 09:01 PM, said:

XVM gets data through a Wargaming coded API and displays that data on screen. The mods don't communicate with each other. For the communication to work there needs to be something, being a server, to direct the information, the XVM servers simply don't have that function. You can't just plug it into another piece of software and expect it to work.

You are completely missing the point. XVM was just an example.

It could be any widely used mod. 

06:33 Added after 1 minute

View Post4nt, on 06 June 2019 - 06:51 PM, said:

Fair enough. But I have a feel that most XVM build makers would not really appreciate someone dropping such hash into their collection. There are some precedents (IIRC Aslain?), where pack maker permanently dropped a mod from his pack when suspicious activity was found after an update.

Edit: Its kinda a face thing, no one wants to be officially connected to cheats in mod circles.

Yeah, that was just speculation. I'm not saying that this is happening right now, but it's a possibility.

This came into mind with Skill's situation. What if he didn't "investigate" and instead planned that all along?

Dorander #90 Posted 07 June 2019 - 11:48 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View PostJauhesammutin, on 07 June 2019 - 06:32 AM, said:

You are completely missing the point. XVM was just an example.

It could be any widely used mod. 

You didn't express yourself very clearly, I get what you mean now. Problem is that piggybacking such a functionality on a typical mod still requires that data to be sent to a third party server which means there's an additional connection constantly sending data in place every game. Somebody's going to notice, such as anyone who looks at the mod script or anyone tech-savvy enough to check their connections for what's causing that latency increase.

It's also not going to be very cost-effective as you have all the players using the common mod uploading data to your server, while only gaining revenue from the smaller paying segment.

Edited by Dorander, 07 June 2019 - 11:49 AM.

Jauhesammutin #91 Posted 07 June 2019 - 11:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23607 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View PostDorander, on 07 June 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

You didn't express yourself very clearly, I get what you mean now. Problem is that piggybacking such a functionality on a typical mod still requires that data to be sent to a third party server which means there's an additional connection constantly sending data in place every game. Somebody's going to notice, such as anyone who looks at the mod script or anyone tech-savvy enough to check their connections for what's causing that latency increase.

It's also not going to be very cost-effective as you have all the players using the common mod uploading data to your server, while only gaining revenue from the smaller paying segment.

My bad I didn't explain it properly.

Well this is all just speculation. It answers to the OP's question "Is there any cheat or skill that would make you see undetected tank?".

So it's possible, but the likelihood of that happening is basically 0.

Also tagged with unfai, cheat

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users