Jump to content


WG , STOP giving me PREMIUM TANKS for RENT [and stop kidding me]


  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

ValkyrionX #1 Posted 06 June 2019 - 11:49 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 52704 battles
  • 2,462
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

in the last months, I would say in the last year, the wg is filling me with premium tanks for rent in a by now almost compulsive way.

ebr 75, skorpion g, revalorise, isu122s, somua sm, t34 etc etc to give some examples

 

Now the thing in itself is not at all negative, it allows me to try some vehicles that I don't have and the thing is just fine .. a pity that the wg, in its infinite shrewdness .. does not make available the possibility of buying such tanks with GOLD already available in my account but should technically force me to open the wallet again.

 

Obviously I do not spend even one euro if I have a quantity of gold that I am not allowed to spend as I want.


What is the point in having the rented tank ... you can put a mark on the gun, have a fair number of games and relative stats and then not have the option to purchase through gold and moreover have the tank in the section dedicated to the sale of premium vehicles and then have the purchase blocked ????


Honestly, I feel quite teased by this way of doing, and above all, of monetizing.

 

 

Thanks for the attention.



UrQuan #2 Posted 06 June 2019 - 11:55 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21336 battles
  • 7,179
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

How do people even get all these tanks for rent.... I never get an offer to rent tanks & there's some I desperatly wanted to try (various prem autoloaders, some armored HT's; certain meds/lights); but no, WG goes 'You are not worthy of rentals! Go bug your friends for rental codes!' (only time I had rentals was either because a new game mode came with them, or because i used a rental code from someone...)

 

Please tell me your secret on how to get showered in rental tanks, because I very much would like to try some tanks on a rental basis. Preferably of the autoloader kind, but i'm not picky at this point. 

PS: i was not aware that rental tanks had to be bought with money? Think ravioli frenchie is ready for gold, can't recall the others you listed. Still, wouldn't be a big deal for me if the tank turned out to be fun to play.

So would be a bit silly indeed that you'd be forced to buy the rental with money, even after the rental period is over if the tank can also be bought for gold.


Edited by UrQuan, 06 June 2019 - 11:56 AM.


ValkyrionX #3 Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:00 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 52704 battles
  • 2,462
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

View PostUrQuan, on 06 June 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

How do people even get all these tanks for rent.... I never get an offer to rent tanks & there's some I desperatly wanted to try (various prem autoloaders, some armored HT's; certain meds/lights); but no, WG goes 'You are not worthy of rentals! Go bug your friends for rental codes!' (only time I had rentals was either because a new game mode came with them, or because i used a rental code from someone...)

 

Please tell me your secret on how to get showered in rental tanks, because I very much would like to try some tanks on a rental basis. Preferably of the autoloader kind, but i'm not picky at this point. 

PS: i was not aware that rental tanks had to be bought with money? Think ravioli frenchie is ready for gold, can't recall the others you listed. Still, wouldn't be a big deal for me if the tank turned out to be fun to play.

So would be a bit silly indeed that you'd be forced to buy the rental with money, even after the rental period is over if the tank can also be bought for gold.

 

 

 

I think it's a totally random thing ... if it's not random I don't know why a tank comes to me for rent almost every month 

the same thing regarding the discount cupons .. but those I receive them if I play well

 

however, having a tank for rent and not having an option to buy it through the gold in my account is a real scam

 

edit:

I have tanks in the vehicles section of the premium shop, like skorpion g or ebr75 with their price in gold but the purchase is blocked despite having played them a lot, has statistics and even marks on the guns ..

 

 

Spoiler

 


Edited by ValkyrionX, 06 June 2019 - 12:06 PM.


UrQuan #4 Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:05 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21336 battles
  • 7,179
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostValkyrionX, on 06 June 2019 - 12:00 PM, said:

 

I think it's a totally random thing ... if it's not random I don't know why a tank comes to me for rent almost every month 

the same thing regarding the discount cupons .. but those I receive them if I play well

 

however, having a tank for rent and not having an option to buy it through the gold in my account is a real scam

 

Feels more random then the coupons indeed. I can get a coupon from time to time, usually after 'you played amazing! Have a coupon for your heroic actions!' after a crap game - really WG :sceptic: - . Never got a rental tho (without a code from friends)

On the last option, I get why they love your money, but if a tank has a gold option, I really hope they don't scam you out of that, else then one would hope never to get rentals for tanks that get a gold option.

And if they do indeed block you from buying it with gold, while the tank has a gold option for regular users in the ingame store, then they definitely need to change that. because that does feel unfair.

 


Edited by UrQuan, 06 June 2019 - 12:06 PM.


ValkyrionX #5 Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:11 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 52704 battles
  • 2,462
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

View PostUrQuan, on 06 June 2019 - 12:05 PM, said:

 

Feels more random then the coupons indeed. I can get a coupon from time to time, usually after 'you played amazing! Have a coupon for your heroic actions!' after a crap game - really WG :sceptic: - . Never got a rental tho (without a code from friends)

On the last option, I get why they love your money, but if a tank has a gold option, I really hope they don't scam you out of that, else then one would hope never to get rentals for tanks that get a gold option.

And if they do indeed block you from buying it with gold, while the tank has a gold option for regular users in the ingame store, then they definitely need to change that. because that does feel unfair.

 

 

 

obviously the premiums present in the tech trees I can buy them, the rented tanks not present in the tech tree, although they are present in my premium shop [like the skorpion g] with the relative price in gold they have the purchase blocked ...

 

but what is the point if I played that tanks ?? make the purchase via gold available if the rental tank has been played

 


Edited by ValkyrionX, 06 June 2019 - 12:12 PM.


UrQuan #6 Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:15 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21336 battles
  • 7,179
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostValkyrionX, on 06 June 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

 

 

obviously the premiums present in the tech trees I can buy them, the rented tanks not present in the tech tree, although they are present in my premium shop [like the skorpion g] with the relative price in gold they have the purchase blocked ...

 

but what is the point if I played that tanks ?? make the purchase via gold available if the rental tank has been played

 

 

If they show the gold price but not allow it to buy it with gold, then ye, it feels trollish, as the ingame store is just a click away. Then they should do away with the gold price & just list the price in whatever currency you got the store set at. Else you just give people false hope & disappoint them when they find out the gold price is just a guideline & not an enticement to buy it with gold.

ValkyrionX #7 Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:29 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 52704 battles
  • 2,462
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

View PostUrQuan, on 06 June 2019 - 12:15 PM, said:

 

If they show the gold price but not allow it to buy it with gold, then ye, it feels trollish, as the ingame store is just a click away. Then they should do away with the gold price & just list the price in whatever currency you got the store set at. Else you just give people false hope & disappoint them when they find out the gold price is just a guideline & not an enticement to buy it with gold.

 

 

it's a real joke to the player , surely it is not a good invitation to spend money .. something that I certainly have no intention of doing

 



BlackBloodBandit #8 Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:33 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6351 battles
  • 757
  • Member since:
    12-23-2018

View PostValkyrionX, on 06 June 2019 - 11:49 AM, said:

in the last months, I would say in the last year, the wg is filling me with premium tanks for rent in a by now almost compulsive way.

ebr 75, skorpion g, revalorise, isu122s, somua sm, t34 etc etc to give some examples

 

Now the thing in itself is not at all negative, it allows me to try some vehicles that I don't have and the thing is just fine .. a pity that the wg, in its infinite shrewdness .. does not make available the possibility of buying such tanks with GOLD already available in my account but should technically force me to open the wallet again.

 

Obviously I do not spend even one euro if I have a quantity of gold that I am not allowed to spend as I want.


What is the point in having the rented tank ... you can put a mark on the gun, have a fair number of games and relative stats and then not have the option to purchase through gold and moreover have the tank in the section dedicated to the sale of premium vehicles and then have the purchase blocked ????


Honestly, I feel quite teased by this way of doing, and above all, of monetizing.

Thanks for the attention.

another whiner thread. you complain about getting something for free.. yes I read the full post, but still remains: you complain about the whole picture. you are allowed to spend the gold as you want. they are allowed to name the prices for what they sell. all perfectly fair. it's a company, not a charity organization. no one is forcing you to spend a penny or cent on anything. it's a annoying, I get that, but it's all free choice..



Miepie #9 Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:42 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 4059 battles
  • 1,079
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-19-2018

View PostValkyrionX, on 06 June 2019 - 12:00 PM, said:

 

 

 

I think it's a totally random thing ... if it's not random I don't know why a tank comes to me for rent almost every month


 

 

 

Some of those are from the Top of the Tree for each month (Revalorisé and ISU122S), there were those codes in november where you could take a "test" and pick from 8 premiums (Skorpion G was in there, I think…;), if you have that Twitch Prime thing you get some rental tanks with each reward package...

Evilier_than_Skeletor #10 Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:48 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 20642 battles
  • 785
  • [TSOP] TSOP
  • Member since:
    02-05-2016

View PostUrQuan, on 06 June 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

Please tell me your secret on how to get showered in rental tanks, because I very much would like to try some tanks on a rental basis. 

The new Top of the trees have a rental mission, don't they? If not, I have no idea where Mauersbauer and Cent 5/1 rentals came from. Twitch care packages gave a lot also. I timed the cheap trial  week at the end of Delta and got Echo benefits also. That's Somua SM, 13 57, Strv S1, Swedish autoloader med and 50tp .



ExclamationMark #11 Posted 06 June 2019 - 12:51 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 16788 battles
  • 4,415
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD
  • Member since:
    04-12-2013
Shocking news: for-profit company tries to make money.

UrQuan #12 Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:01 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21336 battles
  • 7,179
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostEvilier_than_Skeletor, on 06 June 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

The new Top of the trees have a rental mission, don't they? If not, I have no idea where Mauersbauer and Cent 5/1 rentals came from. Twitch care packages gave a lot also. I timed the cheap trial  week at the end of Delta and got Echo benefits also. That's Somua SM, 13 57, Strv S1, Swedish autoloader med and 50tp .

 

I never seen the Top of the Tree rental missions. Never got any of the Twitch packages tho, so I am aware i at least miss out on those & don't mind it. Work sometimes makes me work long days, hence not trusting myself to cut such deals on time &I rather not pay for something I wouldn't use.

BlackBloodBandit #13 Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:07 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6351 battles
  • 757
  • Member since:
    12-23-2018

View PostValkyrionX, on 06 June 2019 - 12:40 PM, said:

 

oh look at yet another dumb child who doesn't understand what he reads :)

yeah right.. I just have a different opinion on the matter then you and that is for you a reason to call me "another dumb child"? makes sense. very constructive in your own topic.



TankkiPoju #14 Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:10 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 23695 battles
  • 7,246
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

Can't you just not play the rental tanks?

 

But as a protit: You can strip the ammo away from the rentals and either use it in other tanks or sell it.


Edited by TankkiPoju, 06 June 2019 - 01:10 PM.


Miepie #15 Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:11 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 4059 battles
  • 1,079
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-19-2018

View PostUrQuan, on 06 June 2019 - 01:01 PM, said:

 

I never seen the Top of the Tree rental missions.

 

Those rental missions are fairly simple to complete [1]: play one battle in a tier 8, 9 or 10 vehicle from the Top of the Tree line.

 

 

[1] well, simple if you already have one or more of those vehicles.



Geno1isme #16 Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:11 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 48124 battles
  • 10,223
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

View PostValkyrionX, on 06 June 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

wg, in its infinite shrewdness .. does not make available the possibility of buying such tanks with GOLD already available in my account but should technically force me to open the wallet again.

 

You just answered your question. WG wants to get money, not gold that has already been paid for.

 

What I find more annoying is that you can't even remove those rentals that are available for a limited number of games like the TotT unless you actually play them. For time-limited rentals you can just wait until the rental period expires. However I've no intention if equipping+playing the Mauerbrecher, but I just cannot get rid of it.



Miepie #17 Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:15 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 4059 battles
  • 1,079
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-19-2018

View PostGeno1isme, on 06 June 2019 - 01:11 PM, said:

 

 However I've no intention if equipping+playing the Mauerbrecher, but I just cannot get rid of it.

 

Don't equip it with anything, leave an unskilled crew in it and during Frontlines occasionally pick it and then either suicide or press J?

Geno1isme #18 Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:16 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 48124 battles
  • 10,223
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

View PostUrQuan, on 06 June 2019 - 12:55 PM, said:

How do people even get all these tanks for rent.... I never get an offer to rent tanks & there's some I desperatly wanted to try (various prem autoloaders, some armored HT's; certain meds/lights); but no, WG goes 'You are not worthy of rentals! Go bug your friends for rental codes!' (only time I had rentals was either because a new game mode came with them, or because i used a rental code from someone...)

 

Easy:

- general codes given away by WG

- gift codes people get as bonus when buying certain new premiums (e.g. LT-432)

- codes given to streamers by WG for redistribution (e.g. EBR-75)

- Twitch care packages usually include 2-4 rentals (e.g. KV-122, Strv-57, Fv4202, 50TP, Lorraine, Somua)

- Top of the tree includes a mission to get one rental tank for 10 matches (e.g. Mauerbrecher, Somua, Cent 5/1)

12:18 Added after 2 minutes

View PostMiepie, on 06 June 2019 - 02:15 PM, said:

Don't equip it with anything, leave an unskilled crew in it and during Frontlines occasionally pick it and then either suicide or press J?

 

Might be an option, though not sure if Frontline actually counts. Still stupid to waste time for that, after all there is a "remove" button, it's just disabled as long as you have any battles left.

Evilier_than_Skeletor #19 Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:32 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 20642 battles
  • 785
  • [TSOP] TSOP
  • Member since:
    02-05-2016

View PostGeno1isme, on 06 June 2019 - 01:11 PM, said:

However I've no intention if equipping+playing the Mauerbrecher, but I just cannot get rid of it.

Same here, no interest to play it in randoms. But all Mauerbrecher skirmish or TB..it has to be done.



MeetriX #20 Posted 06 June 2019 - 02:09 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 23928 battles
  • 3,899
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012
What pisses me is that the WG take your equipments as a hostages. You will not get them back unless you pay money.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users