long term ideas for wot

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

TheDisturber #1 Posted 06 June 2019 - 03:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 36179 battles
  • [ETS-] ETS-

*this was previously written in "wot suggestion thread* but i decided to make own thread, since there are 400 pages,not sure if it would catch an eye of someone important from wg*

ok my turn after 5 years or something.........

Co-op battles/missions, such as (the other competitive tank game with modern tanks) has. I was watching videos of those, they seem to be super fun, and they also have good potential for nice rewards. Make them so one, two, or more people can participate, wows has that well done, except i'd like if it would be possible for fewer players to enter (yeah i'm not people's person so.. i don't like strangers). 

Remove all arty related missions from campaigns, make them either class-universal or anything else. Most of the people don't even wanna play arty, yet they are forced because of reward tanks. I don't like playing it, i don't like fighting against it, just remove it, and with that remove all spg-hunter related quests, think of something new. Also stop nerfing it, they'll become even more useless.

Add some daily rewards that are progressively better more often you log in, other ww2 tank game has it, it was very good for them, kept people coming, even if it just means to log in, can be fun.

Start punishing bad people even more. When I report someone, I want to know what kind of punishment they got. In game report system sucks, i feel like i'm wasting my eyesight and click by reporting them. Make swearing and bad behavior even more punishing, like block someones chat for a month or something. People that are blocking others need to be removed too. People with under 45% win rate should play vs bots only without them knowing. I mean seriously if you're that bad, you don't deserve to play at all, yet if you're on malinovka, prokhorovka or scout dependent map, if you get 40% wr guy as a scout, you'll lose 95%. 

Also silencing people for toxicity should prevent them only from talking in public, not in platoon, as i am very toxic sometimes, it happened to me once, and it just pissed me off that i cant use pm or platoon chat.

Bring back chat with enemies, but make punishing for revealing position of allies super punishing, unless its an afk tank that cant survive no matter what, unless game will end due to time limit, but make punishing rigorous, for example, forgive you once with a huge notification of what you did wrong, if you do again, chatban for a month. 3rd time chatban forever.

Remove bond equipment completely. Lets face it, only best of the best have enough to equip more than a few tanks, and yet those guys are good enough, they don't need more advantages. However if you still wanna keep it, make it worthless in random. I'd suggest using bonds for unique camos, tanks, consumables, crew etc.

buff some seriously underpowered tanks:

IS-4 - way one: increase frontal armor, so you can actually angle in it, make roof armor 53mm thick, better gun depression, i'd do 8 degrees, such as on ST-I

- way two: increase mobility to be such closer to 113 or kranvan, better agility, higher turret traverse, a lot better gun handling, better dpm and ammo capacity.

As is-4 is a defensive tank compared to wz1115a or is7, i'd go for the first option, it feels like it suits him better.

t92 (tier 8 light usa) needs +10kmh top speed for some reason i cant understand that tank, i feel like its seriously underpowered especially compared to lt432, i never won 1-1 fight vs him, even if i play vs obviously worse player

t62a should be relevant again, make it as it was in real, with 125mm gun, give him 360-420 alpha with less dpm. I have it researched for ages, never even thought about buying it, cause 140 does it better in almost every aspect, i don't even see them anymore on the battlefield.

amx 30b, do something with it, return it as it was before buff/nerf happened, it sucks now, lets be clear about that.

Buff all relevant tier 8 tanks that have OP counterparts as premium variants, mainly IS-3, T32, AMX 65 t, indien pz, amx 13 75 (maybe, havent played that in ages, but 13 57 is way way better), and tiger II. 110 doesn't have op premium counterpart, but its seriously underpowered tank, needs some love as well. t-34-2 needs to be buffed beyond recognition, as long as well as wz-120, those are very crappy in todays meta. LTTB was awesome tank back at tier 7, i loved it, but today, lt432 just wipes floor with it. Also new german premium scout is way better than hwk or whatever germans have nowdays, its closer to tier 9 tank regarding all stats except hp, than to tier 8. Give centurion I same ammo as prima victoria, and make it closer to centurion 5/1, since that tank is better or same as original one in every aspect. 

I think those buffs matter for clan wars, stronghold battles etc. I never played t8 stronghold because i don't own any of these OP premiums, tried few times, 10 IS-3's on my side, 10 defenders on opposite, they ruin us in a few minutes.

Not to mention stupid gold ammo on crysler GF, that has same gun as T32, yet better gold pen. Thats just ...(the r word). When i played t32 years ago i hated it. I was among worst tanks in tier 8 for me, partly because i was so bad with it, partly because it wasn't that good even then, but powercreep today.... it's garbage.

Since its 2:45am, i can't really think of more tanks that need a bit of love, but i'm sure there are tons more.

Honestly i think whole crew skills need a rework, and my arguments are as follows.

When i get to 4th skills, i give up on training that crew.

Whats in common with all my 4 skill crews: 

Every has bia, ss, (gun handling skills on gunner and driver), repair and camo (if medium or light).

Thats kinda "boring", since all of them are basically the same, no matter how unique tanks are, you want all of them, only difference, is it a tank worth having camo or not.

Also thing thats kinda "meh" in that regard, once i reach 4th skill, and i get closer to 5th, i don't have anything useful to take (almost), so i don't really look forward getting 5th skill. Yes its useful, but not nearly as first 4 skills.

Add some tank customization thats only available if you have high skilled crew. I want to showoff my good crew skins, something like MOE, but subtle, something you wont notice unless you pay attention to it.

Work on commander's voices, make them a bit more unique, perhaps if you have a female commander, add some girlish sound, wows have so much better in-game voice, not as robotic as in wot.

Also add more shell types. AP APCR HEAT HE HESH isn't nearly enough. Add smoke screens for tanks, add APFSDS, APHE and so on. Also increase ammo capacity for all tanks. I mean its kinda dumb to run out of ammo if you're having a good game. Happened to me few times with is7, i once almost didn't finish ht15, except i was SO lucky to ram some t54 (or t55a) for like 200 dmg and have enough for ht15.

New personal missions are kinda stupid, at least first tier, i wont comment on chimera or not-at-all op obj as i havent played those.

The are so grindy, boring, 0 motivation to do them, once they're complete i don't feel any sort of accomplishment, its just.... "meh" (remove arty from them completely, its stupid).

New game modes

Something like realistic game mode would be fun to have, such as (other competitive tank game).

Forget about view range, camo, hp, shell dmg etc.

Make it all about actual module damage and shell's kinetics energy. Make module dmg go to 100% on every hit, maybe dmg it, maybe destroy it, lose too many crew members and poof you're gone.

That can be super fun thing to have, except cheats in wot would ruin it. Find a way to battle cheats (like forbid anyone from using mods that aren't downloaded from official wg site, don't allow modpacks, and make people download "wg mod manager" where you can directly from some app download mods, make favorite mods, support mod authors and so on.

People using tundra, aimbot and so on usually ruin the game, but not that hard as bots are gonna be bots even if you give them enemies on silver plate all tied up and beaten. In "realistic" game mode that would be horrible tho.

Bring back historical battles, but definitely NOT the way they were. Why they failed? because they had horrible designs.

First of all, no one cares about historical accuracy that much, to play underpowered tank against jagtiger (such as stock hellcat and so on) , with actual stats such as in game. Thats just bs seriously.

Kursk battle was famous because it had   6,600 tanks, 4,000 aircraft and 2 million fighting men (from google). Make HUGE map, add tanks 50vs50, and force them to go up against each other, or something like that, make battles last short and deadly. Nothing worst than 15 minute long battle where people camp or some unicum is statpadding wn8 on bots. Make a red line or a safe zone like in BR games, where people MUST go to certain area or they die.

Landing on normandy, use 10 tanks to defend attack from 30 tanks, keep exp/credit multiplier same for those 10 tanks that are defending, make multiplier x3 for ones attacking.Same deal, force attackers go forward. Yes you might be first victim, but next time someone else might be. 

I mean if you see my point, historical battles don't need exact historical accuracy, they just need to be fun, i mean thats why we're here.

Another thing i wanted in this game, account leveling. Now i have close to 34k battles, some personal rating that sucks, and thats basically it.

Yes personal rating sucks because if you have premium account it gets higher (convince me it's not true)

Imagine having levels, and for that level to go up, all you need to do is play the game.

All dmg you do, exp you collect, gets written somewhere, and you get progress higher and higher. Make events regarding that. Give people rewards for achieving something big, like when i got "gj person, you reached XXX battle victories". I mean thats like an insult. Make it special somehow.

remove "thanks for your purchase"

Why are you thanking me, for grinding my credits and buying something with that? I mean i understand if i buy a prem tank or something, but damn thats annoying. Don't thank me because i worked on something, buying it and then WOW LOOK THANKS MAN, REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR PURCHASE. blah

Completely remove shell cost in training, also make all tanks available there regardless of your possession in garage, all premium, non premium everything, make it available, also with custom modifications. I wanna test where i can pen new chieftain tank, or whatever, just drive it around for a bit and see what i'll never have. I'd also like to test premium tanks there before i consider buying them. 

oh also bring more moderators to general chat, and give them higher authority to chatban toxic people, make bans lot longer even permanent. Release permanent ban if someone truly apologizes to support page, but monitor them, if they go toxic again, perma perma ban.

Give people ability to volonteur there. I'd apply, take a peek in between battles for like 10 seconds, i see someone swearing or spamming, poof ban and chat is at peace. Imagine if 5000 people spared 10 seconds between battle and do that. As much as I don't like people, i do sometimes drop a word there, give opinion or a suggestion. 

I'd also like a best friend/couples system. Most of us have that one/two friends that we play with all the time. I'd like to make that a bit more special, such as 5% bonus to exp, crew exp, credits, anything. For example, send a "super friends request" to someone you plan on playing for a long time in the future, and if thats accepted, you're "best buddies/couple", maybe get missions you can do together, fool around a bit, make some kind of diversity.

Housing system for clanless players. I don't like being in clan, clan activities are boring to me, people are boring to me, yet i wanna have my house and my garden like clans have with those buildings and whatnot.

Something can be done, something you can "grow", like your own base, add items there, buy new items, hire staff to work there, visit friends garages, make events related to it. Invent new currency for it, make it like a credits doppelganger, separate them, and just spend spend spend spend there. Don't be a d*ck and make it p2w, like "hey use gold and speed up your progress" or something. Make it fun, rewarding, yet not op.

More upgrades for tanks, i think thats badly needed.

Things like ERA, IR sight, radar (maybe not), things like that, can make game really on next level.

Those things don't always have to be 100% beneficial, etc ERA will add XXX weight to your vehicle, so think if you'll use it or no, or maybe partially. 

Its so 2000'n'late to have 5 different modules you can research on your tank, yet there are no choices for different guns (just a small % of tanks actually has that luxury). 

Missiles would be fun in the game. 

Coaxial guns (i always wanted to use 14.5mm on IS7, or 75mm derp on maus). Those can have more purpose than just to ruin lives of scouts. Imagine using it as a range finder, reduce your aiming time for XXX time and so on. Use different shell types, like AP, Incendiary, HE (like you wanna cut down some trees, poof all gone).

Give non premium accounts ability to block 2 maps, thats pure p2stat. "Hey i'll take my maus for a spin, i dont wanna be on malinovka or prokhorovka" and next comes "hey my maus has better overall dmg, i kill more, i'm better player than you" well f that.

Find a way to limit number of low tier battles someone experienced can do. You're killing the future of the game, people are quitting, yet people who are coming to game aren't staying because someone in pz II J or pz I C ruined their day. You don't help newbies by giving them a free t6 tank. Thats dumb, they just get into world of more experienced players and get hammered.

Make exp work differently. Reward more exp and credits if you do what you are supposed to, like if you're in a scout, you get more exp by scouting/tracking, but if you're in heavy, you get more exp/credits from blocking dmg and dealing dmg. In that area i'd leave mediums as they are, since allrounders. Td's should get rewarded for dmg regardless of dmg being on their spot or someone elses spot, same for arty. Lot of balance would be needed for that, but i think it would work great if done properly.

Personal missions kinda tried to do that, make you learn what to do in different tank classes, but it also failed, because you focus on mission objective, if you need to hunt arty, you wont bother with spotting too much. 

Thats enough, i cant write anymore

I still have tons more ideas, but this has taken over 90 minutes to write, i'm too tired. 

Most of those ideas i gave are pretty old in my head, if anyone wants clarification of any specific segment let me know, i'll try to answer, but i can't promise i will.

I'd finish this huge text with a last thought.

Wot is a great game, last few years were good/bad for it, is it more good or more bad, its individual, would be impossible to agree on something like that.

But I'm sure we can make it great again, and keep it great for a long long time. 

shikaka9 #2 Posted 06 June 2019 - 04:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 70675 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View PostTheDisturber, on 06 June 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

Start punishing bad people even more. When I report someone, I want to know what kind of punishment they got. In game report system sucks, i feel like i'm wasting my eyesight and click by reporting them. Make swearing and bad behavior even more punishing, like block someones chat for a month or something. People that are blocking others need to be removed too. People with under 45% win rate should play vs bots only without them knowing. I mean seriously if you're that bad, you don't deserve to play at all, yet if you're on malinovka, prokhorovka or scout dependent map, if you get 40% wr guy as a scout, you'll lose 95%. 

Mother of God. :confused: 

"Punishing people solves all problems" - J.Stalin

"Ypa!!!" L.Beria

nikolaink123 #3 Posted 06 June 2019 - 04:19 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24078 battles
  • [KLKMP] KLKMP

WALL OF TEXT

The_Naa #4 Posted 06 June 2019 - 04:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8369 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View PostTheDisturber, on 06 June 2019 - 03:26 PM, said:

Start punishing bad people even more. When I report someone, I want to know what kind of punishment they got. In game report system sucks, i feel like i'm wasting my eyesight and click by reporting them. Make swearing and bad behavior even more punishing, like block someones chat for a month or something. People that are blocking others need to be removed too.

as i am very toxic sometimes

this will go so well for you. :great::medal:

Edited by The_Naa, 06 June 2019 - 04:35 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34103 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostThe_Naa, on 06 June 2019 - 04:34 PM, said:

this will go so well for you. :great::medal:

Indeed. I vote we ban OP now in a preemptive strike.

divsmo #6 Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36605 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
Yeah can we get a tldr?

ExclamationMark #7 Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:44 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16788 battles
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD
You expect someone to read all of this?

TheDisturber #8 Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 36179 battles
  • [ETS-] ETS-

View PostExclamationMark, on 06 June 2019 - 04:44 PM, said:

You expect someone to read all of this?

well some people do have a lot of free time.

vasilinhorulezz #9 Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28027 battles
tldr

seXikanac #10 Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13378 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-

View PostTheDisturber, on 06 June 2019 - 03:26 PM, said:

Remove all arty related missions from campaigns, make them either class-universal or anything else. Most of the people don't even wanna play arty, yet they are forced because of reward tanks. I don't like playing it, i don't like fighting against it, just remove it, and with that remove all spg-hunter related quests, think of something new. Also stop nerfing it, they'll become even more useless.

Bring back chat with enemies, but make punishing for revealing position of allies super punishing, unless its an afk tank that cant survive no matter what, unless game will end due to time limit, but make punishing rigorous, for example, forgive you once with a huge notification of what you did wrong, if you do again, chatban for a month. 3rd time chatban forever.

Also add more shell types. AP APCR HEAT HE HESH isn't nearly enough. Add smoke screens for tanks, add APFSDS, APHE and so on. Also increase ammo capacity for all tanks. I mean its kinda dumb to run out of ammo if you're having a good game. Happened to me few times with is7, i once almost didn't finish ht15, except i was SO lucky to ram some t54 (or t55a) for like 200 dmg and have enough for ht15.

Find a way to limit number of low tier battles someone experienced can do. You're killing the future of the game, people are quitting, yet people who are coming to game aren't staying because someone in pz II J or pz I C ruined their day. You don't help newbies by giving them a free t6 tank. Thats dumb, they just get into world of more experienced players and get hammered.

Why to remove arty? What about us that dont like to play some tank class or some nation? Why we shouldnt be spared as well?

Not being able to polite taunt enemies makes WoT boring to me

More shell types like standard, half premium, premium, HE, smoke, etc is good

Wow, what an idea. So if somebody likes let say tier 6 tank and play most of the games in that tank, he or she should be banned from that tier? They should improve matchmaking with not pairing noobs with experienced players

gunslingerXXX #11 Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:04 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12794 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
You've tried to make a 400 page thread in one message? GJ

PayMore #12 Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27496 battles
Pretty naive to belive that things will improve in this game.

4nt #13 Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29271 battles
Your opinion... But really, most suggestions are horrible and why they are horrible has been discussed multitude of times. Still WG itself makes absolutely horrid plans, so your game-fouling plans have a chance.

_6i6_ #14 Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:54 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18834 battles
  • [A__K] A__K
not even qpranger liked the post

Bordhaw #15 Posted 06 June 2019 - 09:00 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14894 battles

View PostTheDisturber, on 06 June 2019 - 02:26 PM, said:

*this was previously written in "wot suggestion thread* but i decided to make own thread, since there are 400 pages,not sure if it would catch an eye of someone important from wg*

ok my turn after 5 years or something.........

I'd finish this huge text with a last thought.

20:00 Added after 0 minutes

View Post_6i6_, on 06 June 2019 - 07:54 PM, said:

not even qpranger liked the post

Still reading it....

SamuraiShakaViking #16 Posted 30 June 2019 - 04:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10843 battles
  • [777PC] 777PC
this could be a very constructive thread that could help us make clear what we think  the future f the game should be if it is to improve

LincolnTank #17 Posted 01 July 2019 - 03:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10305 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I’d love to see a WoT wide campaign based on something like The Cold War which runs permanently, working on a territory loss/gain system each month and confers bonuses and prizes according to what effect you personally have had on the campaigns through performance in your missions

Might add another extra dimension

fwhaatpiraat #18 Posted 01 July 2019 - 03:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58686 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
I have another long term idea for WoT: reading the first post.

Stevies_Team #19 Posted 01 July 2019 - 03:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12596 battles
Can I have the bullet point version please

onderschepper #20 Posted 01 July 2019 - 03:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2168 battles
  • [BOF] BOF
Ditch the Hook, Habit, Hobby Model before it backfires.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users