BOTs are killing the game ..... seriously

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

IronHound #1 Posted 06 June 2019 - 04:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7567 battles

Today has been such an awful display of bots in the game that its been an embarrassment to WG.

In 10 games I have had at least one bot and as many as 4 in a game.  Its so clear when you are playing and I don't understand why WG do nothing about it.   Bots don't just screw with the in game economy (though God knows that WG are messing that up by themselves) but when these bots [edited]up my attempts to try improve my stats/affect my enjoyment of the game,  more action needs to be taken and the community engaged

I appreciate the no comments can be made about individual accounts but it would be nice to know:

• How many accounts on average get banned for botting per month?
  • Whats the average length of ban?
  • What %age of reports (for what this process is worth) of bots are acted on?
  • What are WG plans to deal with this issue (not holding my breath)

Stop finding ways to monetize your game and put some effort into fixing this and increasing people enjoyment of it.

I don't expect anyone from WG to comment but maybe someone has the courage?

shikaka9 #2 Posted 06 June 2019 - 04:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 70675 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View PostIronHound, on 06 June 2019 - 03:17 PM, said:

did you met anyone from WG in this game? :harp:

IronHound #3 Posted 06 June 2019 - 04:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7567 battles

View Postshikaka9, on 06 June 2019 - 04:21 PM, said:

did you met anyone from WG in this game? :harp:

No I haven't, but as a player with 10x the battles of me surely you find the same thing?  Does it not frustrate you if you do?  Do you not want to see this improve?  Or are you happy seeing WG do nothing but find new and interesting ways for you to pay them money?

Edited by IronHound, 06 June 2019 - 04:29 PM.

BlackBloodBandit #4 Posted 06 June 2019 - 04:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6351 battles

View PostIronHound, on 06 June 2019 - 04:17 PM, said:

Today has been such an awful display of bots in the game that its been an embarrassment to WG.

In 10 games I have had at least one bot and as many as 4 in a game.  Its so clear when you are playing and I don't understand why WG do nothing about it.   Bots don't just screw with the in game economy (though God knows that WG are messing that up by themselves) but when these bots [edited]up my attempts to try improve my stats/affect my enjoyment of the game,  more action needs to be taken and the community engaged

I appreciate the no comments can be made about individual accounts but it would be nice to know:

Stop finding ways to monetize your game and put some effort into fixing this and increasing people enjoyment of it.

1. They don't even read this forum section
  2. They don't care and won't change it.
  3. What is "Bots don't just screw with the in game economy" based on?

crnakoza #5 Posted 06 June 2019 - 04:39 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 60100 battles
Do you honestly think anyone from WG other than moderators actually visits these forums? Are you for real?

NekoPuffer_PPP #6 Posted 06 June 2019 - 04:49 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 34201 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC
If bots are killing the game...just kill the bots? :amazed: I mean, it's the most logical conclusion...

NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 06 June 2019 - 04:52 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34103 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Are you sure you can tell the difference between bot and someone that just isn't that good?

Sirebellus #8 Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23102 battles

View PostIronHound, on 06 June 2019 - 04:17 PM, said:

In 10 games I have had at least one bot and as many as 4 in a game.  Its so clear when you are playing and I don't understand why WG do nothing about it. 

I've played 22000 games in the last three and a half years and I have seen just one definite 'Bot' in that time... the infamous Hummel (50,000 games, 39% WR, 6hp average damage per game)

I've seen hundreds and hundreds of bad players and been one myself in many games but neither I nor the other bad players are 'Bots' that WG could and should ban

Nishi_Kinuyo #9 Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9081 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

If you encounter them so often, maybe you could post a replay and ask people to spot the bot.

Or name which vehicle the suspected bot is playing and ask people to confirm or disprove your findings.

Because to be honest, I barely remember seeing bots in this game.

Much less four of them in a single battle.

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 06 June 2019 - 05:10 PM.

Lagalaza #10 Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9342 battles
  • [W0WW] W0WW

I have had a bad day today so far, but not seen a single bot. Plenty of rubbish playing, but no bots. I must have looked like a bot if you had the misfortune to encounter me in my Pz IVH this afternoon. ...

4 losses in a row with average 379 damage and 0.75 kills.... Missed 3 good shots in the last battle because I just didn't pull the trigger quick enough. Even with these rubbish games, I was 2nd, 4th , 6th and 9th in team by Exp with three of the four battles as bottom tier. Doesn't mean the others were Bots though but, like I said, I must have looked like one in that last battle for sure!!

NUKLEAR_SLUG #11 Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:19 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34103 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
To be honest I wouldn't mind a few bots on my team now and again because watching the decision making of the definitely human players leads me to fear for the future of the species.

ExclamationMark #12 Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:42 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16788 battles
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD

Bots are relatively rare.

Bad players are however incredibly common.

Dorander #13 Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:56 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

As somebody with roughly 3x as many battles as you I don't find the same thing at all. Four bots in a single game? I don't think I've seen four actual bots in three years and most of those were the type that wakes up and starts moving when you get in their detection range while they've been sitting at the base all game.

This game doesn't really have an in-game economy, since we don't trade with each other. There's no supply and demand. There's just automatically generated earnings and spending.

Statistically speaking if there were so many bots, they'd be on the enemy team slightly more often than they are on your team (since you have 14 slots for bots, they have 15 slots for bots). So bots help your winrate overall.

vasilinhorulezz #14 Posted 06 June 2019 - 05:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28027 battles

OK, how are you sure they were boting?

Where are the replays?

Schepel #15 Posted 06 June 2019 - 06:10 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 65859 battles

View PostSirebellus, on 06 June 2019 - 05:00 PM, said:

I've played 22000 games in the last three and a half years and I have seen just one definite 'Bot' in that time... the infamous Hummel (50,000 games, 39% WR, 6hp average damage per game)

I've seen hundreds and hundreds of bad players and been one myself in many games but neither I nor the other bad players are 'Bots' that WG could and should ban

I see a real bot maybe once per week. (So that is one in 200 games or more.) However, every game I play I see several people whose stats are strongly indicative of former bot use. They are many, and quite a few openly admit it, too. Their continued presence tells me that WG really doesn't care. I believe it would take all of 5 minutes to write a script that would weed out such accounts. It would probably take a bit longer to ban them, and remove all tanks and crews, but if WG were truly committed to improving the game experience, they would have done so a long time ago. Support isn't even interested in clear proof of botting.

Edited by Schepel, 06 June 2019 - 06:13 PM.

4nt #16 Posted 06 June 2019 - 06:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29271 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 06 June 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

If you encounter them so often, maybe you could post a replay and ask people to spot the bot.

Or name which vehicle the suspected bot is playing and ask people to confirm or disprove your findings.

Because to be honest, I barely remember seeing bots in this game.

Much less four of them in a single battle.

That sounds like a game show:

"SPOT THE BOT! Three contestants are given a set of replays to watch, and they need to correctly name the tank that's driven by a bot! But beware, some -or even any!- replays contain no bots at all! Sharpest spotter will get a chance to compete against other winners, for ultimate prize of over 9001 internet cookies! Please welcome tonight's host, heeeeerees Vuqueeeee!"

TheJumpMaster #17 Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:52 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 50335 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 06 June 2019 - 06:19 PM, said:

To be honest I wouldn't mind a few bots on my team now and again because watching the decision making of the definitely human players leads me to fear for the future of the species.

I'm willing to toon with you, if you need a bot.

Jauhesammutin #18 Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23618 battles
  • [FAUF] FAUF

During this year I've seen 1 bot. He sat in the cap and started moving only after getting shot.

You must play really much to see so many bots.

Nishi_Kinuyo #19 Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:19 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9081 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View Post4nt, on 06 June 2019 - 06:29 PM, said:

That sounds like a game show:

"SPOT THE BOT! Three contestants are given a set of replays to watch, and they need to correctly name the tank that's driven by a bot! But beware, some -or even any!- replays contain no bots at all! Sharpest spotter will get a chance to compete against other winners, for ultimate prize of over 9001 internet cookies! Please welcome tonight's host, heeeeerees Vuqueeeee!"

9001?

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 06 June 2019 - 08:20 PM.

Bordhaw #20 Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:34 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14894 battles

In 10 games I have had at least one bot and as many as 4 in a game. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users