Udes 15/16 hitbox issues

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

TheFluffyVehicle #1 Posted 07 June 2019 - 12:51 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9974 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

ok for those who has neither come too close in contact or played the new Udes 15/16 should be imformed about the appauling hitbox to the rear of the vehicle. the 2 frankly ugly sponsons mounted to the rear of the vehicle are solid. they act as spaced armor but only to the point of blocking roughly 100mm or so heat shells. what is worse thos is how it affects the handling of the vehicle in cramped or tight spaces. because of the weight it easily gets pushed around by anyone not aware of the massive rear of this vehicle. and this will hurt your gameplay. personally I would like for them to either be removed from the vehicle's hitbox or just removed from the model entirely due to the hitbox being extended about ½ a meter to the rear without anyone being aware or able to do much about it. now that you've been warned. good luck! it's still an alright tank!

the attatched picture highlights the sponsons for anyone unaware what it is

Attached Files

• Attached File   Capture.PNG   637.73K

chainreact0r #2 Posted 07 June 2019 - 06:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34660 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostTheFluffyVehicle, on 07 June 2019 - 12:51 AM, said:

ok for those who has neither come too close in contact or played the new Udes 15/16 should be imformed about the appauling hitbox to the rear of the vehicle. the 2 frankly ugly sponsons mounted to the rear of the vehicle are solid. they act as spaced armor but only to the point of blocking roughly 100mm or so heat shells. what is worse thos is how it affects the handling of the vehicle in cramped or tight spaces. because of the weight it easily gets pushed around by anyone not aware of the massive rear of this vehicle. and this will hurt your gameplay. personally I would like for them to either be removed from the vehicle's hitbox or just removed from the model entirely due to the hitbox being extended about ½ a meter to the rear without anyone being aware or able to do much about it. now that you've been warned. good luck! it's still an alright tank!

the attatched picture highlights the sponsons for anyone unaware what it is

The real question is if you shoot them will you damage the tank? 

Cause if you don't yo uca ndo some 200 iq plays in which you peak with them around a corner and you become the best baiter in the whole game.

tajj7 #3 Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:23 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28175 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Don't know, still don't really know how good the UDES armour is, because tanks.gg model is still not working, so I have no idea how to best use it. 

From experience in ranked the turret works most of the time on the flat against APCR but not HEAT, if you have elevation then it sometimes seems invincible but other times it seems like cheese. 

Dava_117 #4 Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:27 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22477 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posttajj7, on 07 June 2019 - 09:23 AM, said:

Don't know, still don't really know how good the UDES armour is, because tanks.gg model is still not working, so I have no idea how to best use it. 

From experience in ranked the turret works most of the time on the flat against APCR but not HEAT, if you have elevation then it sometimes seems invincible but other times it seems like cheese. 

Turret front is around 280mm effective on flat. The cupola on the left is weacker.

Using full gun depression it becames 420mm effective with the cupola being around 350mm.

Try using Armour Inspector for some first rough approximations. It's quite good.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #5 Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:32 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

They do offer some protection against HEAT and HE to the back of the tank but you can't damage the tank by shooting them sideways. They're similar to the fuel tanks at the back of the Centurion 5/1, only the UDES is modeled better.

tajj7 #6 Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:34 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28175 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostDava_117, on 07 June 2019 - 08:27 AM, said:

Turret front is around 280mm effective on flat. The cupola on the left is weacker.

Using full gun depression it becames 420mm effective with the cupola being around 350mm.

Try using Armour Inspector for some first rough approximations. It's quite good.

Thanks looking at it, I think its HEAT hitting the cupola or area around the gun that is resulting in most of the pens.

Plus you have to be super careful not to poke any hull out in front. 

Dava_117 #7 Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:39 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22477 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posttajj7, on 07 June 2019 - 09:34 AM, said:

Thanks looking at it, I think its HEAT hitting the cupola or area around the gun that is resulting in most of the pens.

Plus you have to be super careful not to poke any hull out in front. 

To be fair, the hull upper plate is quite strong too. 50mm for the most sloped part and 60mm for the frontal tip.

You can bully most of the tier 10 tank if you manage to hide the LFP and don't get flanked. Just 152mm+ gun can overmatch the hull.

tajj7 #8 Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:47 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28175 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostDava_117, on 07 June 2019 - 08:39 AM, said:

To be fair, the hull upper plate is quite strong too. 50mm for the most sloped part and 60mm for the frontal tip.

You can bully most of the tier 10 tank if you manage to hide the LFP and don't get flanked. Just 152mm+ gun can overmatch the hull.

Yeh but cos the turret is rear mounted, when you use ridges its quite easy to slightly poke the hull out as well if you are not careful and that front strip, the non-highly angled part is fairly easy to pen.

I have to remember when playing it to make sure I am barely poking my gun over the ridge and then its pretty strong.

Plus I have only played the thing in ranked, not played one game in randoms yet and all it faces is tier 10s spamming HEAT pretty much, but you can use it to get into some pretty funky spaces and angles to shoot down on people. 

In randoms I imagine its absurdly strong as its doing pretty decently in the ranked meta of full premium spam and very strong tanks. 

TheFluffyVehicle #9 Posted 07 June 2019 - 10:42 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9974 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH
just to clarify. any heat shell will penetrate this tank. which is why I quite ironically placed "Bring the heat" as an inscription. regardless the tank in and off itself it's doing about as well as the tier 9. but slightly harder to play. due to the rear mounted turret, it's sorta ok at sidescraping but only against lower caliber canons. don't go crazy against E3s and so on. but honestly the issue still remains on the sponsons. their hitbox isn't modelled correctly and through further testing it's proven to basically have a even bigger hitbox to the sides than I first thought. this means you'll be pushed around even without you being touched by anyone. because the invisible colisions box is bigger than the actual visual tank

TankkiPoju #10 Posted 07 June 2019 - 10:55 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23676 battles
I use the ammo that says hiss hisss.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users