T26E4 still worth it?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

BlackBloodBandit #1 Posted 07 June 2019 - 06:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6843 battles

I have been saving gold to combine with the trade-in and maybe get this tank, partly because of the prefferal mm. I've heard good things about this tank in the past, but is it still worth it to get now? Does it make good credits?

How about the Revalorisé, since I'm planning to go for the French mediums as well? I'm not too fond of the 200mm pen, because it's not the fastest, and I don't like to spam premium rounds. Does it make good credits? What's the secret of people liking this tank? Is it the gun depression combined with the gun handling?

vomalios #2 Posted 07 June 2019 - 06:53 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16959 battles
You don't want SP anymore. It's slow, weak and useless atm. It makes money, but playing it is a nightmare. Everyone penetrates you (since everyone shoots gold, its armour doesn't matter anymore), you're too slow to play as medium, too weak to play as HT.
I can't tell much about Revalorise besides that I heard it has potato gun.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #3 Posted 07 June 2019 - 07:14 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34294 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
SPershing is one of the better T8. Reliable gun, decent armor and you only see tier 9 at worst.

Rev is also good, it's more medium/TD hybrid than a plain medium so play it back a bit. The gun is very nice. Great shell velocity and hits hard.

ValkyrionX #4 Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:03 AM

Major

• Player
  • 53481 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

I was wondering the same thing in these days, I am undecided between this and m4 rev
I haven't been giving myself a premium tank for a long time

clearly are 2 very different tanks 

Stevies_Team #5 Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13757 battles

The armour is still better than most, especially at med long range where they can't get smaller weak spots except by luck

Good gun handling

Meh mobility

Spaced armour means it eats HEAT

Still worth getting IMO

A well handled one beat up my defender a couple of weeks ago, three point blank shots failed to pen

The armour still actually works for this one, unlike most tanks, IS6 Chrysler etc

Edited by If_I_Die_You_Die_Too, 07 June 2019 - 09:09 AM.

SaintMaddenus #6 Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:11 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38497 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I tested the rev, it was very situational.  I did enjoy it but it was better to snipe from the back that be an active attacker.

Stevies_Team #7 Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13757 battles

It can still bully stuff and commands respect

The turret roof is the main weakness they aim for at close range so don't stay still for them

snowlywhite #8 Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:36 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25717 battles
seems like one of the best t8 premiums. If you have the nerve to play this type of tank(slow heavies are definitely not my idea of fun).

XxKuzkina_MatxX #9 Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:42 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 07 June 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

but is it still worth it to get now? Does it make good credits?

Definitely worth it and it makes good credits thanks to its cheap ammo (255 credits/240 damage @ 202mm). Also the gold penetration is still competitive against tier 9s (258mm).

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 07 June 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

How about the Revalorisé, since I'm planning to go for the French mediums as well? I'm not too fond of the 200mm pen, because it's not the fastest, and I don't like to spam premium rounds. Does it make good credits? What's the secret of people liking this tank? Is it the gun depression combined with the gun handling?

In my opinion it isn't a good medium and it's certainly not a good TD if you used it like one. The alpha is good but that's a thing of the past now since tanks like Lansen, STG or UDES have a high alpha too on a much better platforms. French autoloaders are the best premiums for that branch, you can't beat the clip potential of the Lorraine or the Somua. Yeah the gun handling might be a bit crap at first with a fresh crew but it's workable and a fine tank if used correctly!

stokerel #10 Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:45 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14665 battles

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 07 June 2019 - 08:06 AM, said:

The armour is still better than most, especially at med long range where they can't get smaller weak spots except by luck

Good gun handling

Meh mobility

Spaced armour means it eats HEAT

Still worth getting IMO

A well handled one beat up my defender a couple of weeks ago, three point blank shots failed to pen

The armour still actually works for this one, unlike most tanks, IS6 Chrysler etc

Yeah it's got decent dpm and gun handling on top of the trollish armor. It eats poorly aimed shots so pretty good for new players to learn positioning and hiding weak spots. With some support it can definitely act as a stand-off heavy locking out a corridor.

The only inconvenience is that you need to fire lots of gold; since mobility is horrible you can't expect to flank much so you'll have to face frontally the enemy heavies.

facmanpob #11 Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:55 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4053 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
I like the Super Pershing as an opening tank in Frontlines.

JocMeister #12 Posted 07 June 2019 - 02:14 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28006 battles

SP is a good T8 Prem. Very reliable and one of few PMM tanks that work with the current MM (95% tier 9 games) thanks to the solid gold round. IMO its far better than the Rev. Personally I absolutely hate the Rev. Same speed as the SP but a garbage gun with garbage PEN and a garbage HEAT round that will do nothing in TX games. Did I also mention the gun is a trollish garbage gun? Oh, and absolutely zero armor which means any HE gun will autopen you and so will arty which you can´t dodge because you have HT speed....

Balc0ra #13 Posted 07 June 2019 - 02:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 73415 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

If you don't mind the slow speed. It's a solid tier 8 prem. It has more pen than any one of the US tier 8 meds atm. And the gold pen is not too shabby at 258. Ammo is cheap as chips too, so if you don't take to much damage and don't press 2 much. The profit on it is great. DPM is not insane. But with more reliable pen, that won't be much of an issue. It's not great for FL tho unless you are defending the last line if you plan to take it out there.

Armor is not that great close up vs APCR or high pen AP. But at medium range it works. It's better vs HEAT or HE due to the spaced armor plates. But it's not immune to it. As high HEAT pen can still get past some of those gaps. 

4nt #14 Posted 07 June 2019 - 02:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29493 battles
Agree with Joc on SP, somewhat disagree about Rev.

SP is my second or third most played tank ever. It was nice tank before buffs, now it is very deadly. Most average players underestimate it due to mediocre-bad reputation and just fling their shots at it. On ridgelines it is great as your most prominent weakspots are harder to hit. Good crew and equipment will allow to aim fast, wiggle and reload, and over 200 standard pen will print money regardless of subpar alpha.

Rev is a TD in guise of medium. Never go alone and stay little back, keep better frontliners alive. Look for sideshots, pen isn't anything fancy. In current enviroment where wheelchairs speed around fast round of Rev comes to completely new value. Again, equipment is must, experienced crew preferable.

Xanjori #15 Posted 07 June 2019 - 02:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15219 battles
The Super Pershing is actually pretty good now, recently it has only recieved buffs in recent patches and it's been brought into line with the more modern premiums quite nicely imo. Yes it is still slow, but if it was fast it'd be OP imo. You dominate any ridge line combat and the armour can troll players that just press 2 rather than aim for weak spots. Yes if you know what its weakspots are this tank can die fast, but not a lot of people seem to know/care about weak spots. The fact its penetration is now Ok (186 pen was not fun to play with) and cheap shell costs mean that if you play it well, you're gaurenteed damage and credits.

TungstenHitman #16 Posted 07 June 2019 - 02:50 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30650 battles

I hate fighting a SP. That armor is troll, it has weak spots, I aim at those weak spots such as the gun port and the commanders hatch on the turret roof but guns aren't really that accurate in this game and this is a game with 25% RNG so the chances of my shot actually hitting the center point of my aiming reticle, combined with that being a moving target, is pretty damn challenging. I'd take a SP over many other T8 meds, when it's top tier against noobs that are clueless to flank or on a map that doesn't allow flank, it's pretty damn OP.

Edit- Is the SP pref MM btw?

Edited by TungstenHitman, 07 June 2019 - 02:51 PM.

vasilinhorulezz #17 Posted 07 June 2019 - 03:07 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28208 battles
Nowadays, everyone knows how to deal with a SP, I'd say, no it isn't worth it, pref MM is nice, but most of your games will be against tier VIIIs, and rarely meet lower tier tanks that you can bully. Plus, the armor doesn't really work, full of weakspots and can't handle premium ammo well. Still, it is not only about the tank, but also your needs, if you need an American trainer, I dunno, go for it I guess. Shells are cheap, so you will rarely lose money.

mgns #18 Posted 07 June 2019 - 03:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 39106 battles
sp relies on the other guys not knowing where to shoot you

kaneloon #19 Posted 07 June 2019 - 03:15 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 31024 battles
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0

The top weak spot is not that easy to hit if the t26e4 uses its depression. Its armor still works if enemies uses fair-play ammos.

In town this is another story.

And even if they meet tX a t26e5 is superior, even a t25 pilot for its mobility.

TungstenHitman #20 Posted 07 June 2019 - 03:17 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30650 battles

View Postmgns, on 07 June 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

sp relies on the other guys not knowing where to shoot you

That would most the playerbase then lol. Sadly, I see a lot of SP players that also don't have any idea what they are doing and instead of keeping their tank pointed at the clueless enemy players which are harmlessly bouncing shots of the front of his tank, he instead goes and tries to escape or something, showing his weak sides and getting killed in the process. Who needs an easily farmed Kolobanovs when instead you can show the enemy your sides and lose instead.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users