Best Way To Deal With T95/FV4201 Chieftain ?

ranked

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

BlackBloodBandit #21 Posted 11 June 2019 - 11:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5930 battles

View PostMinio, on 07 June 2019 - 07:31 AM, said:

That's pretty much what I'm doing but if I don't fight them, they always melt my team...

At the end of League 2 it's pretty much "whoever has more chieftains, wins".

I didn't get far, but this was already in earlier stages. The team with most broken tanks (Chieftain, 279, 907 etc) would win most of the times.

I was done with this fairly soon, as I also got punished all the time by allies that don't play or just farm at my cost and use me only as meat-shield, instead of trying to use team-play to win and most people get a chevron.

Edited by BlackBloodBandit, 11 June 2019 - 11:55 AM.

DeadLecter #22 Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31183 battles

As soon as you see a T95 you should run. There is not a single scenario where any tank in this game can beat a T95. Even in a 1 on 1 scenario you will most like get out DPMed. Another 100% balanced tank by WG. 

I'm 100% they don't even play their own game. Just look at the roles defined for tanks. 50B and T57 heavy should bounce shot. 

Tanks like Leo 1 don't have a sniping role. Arties are supposed to get stun assist while a tank like T92 with 40+ reload is not capable of doing that. And it's not even these stupid roles. Kill steal gives a lot more XP than doing damage. 
And the role XP is super weirdly calculated. In 1 battle a Grille 15 with only 2 shots got 150 role XP while I with 2k damage and 2k blocked got 50 role XP. Neither of us got any kills. I'd like to know how that is calculated since for this stupid distribution I got 1 chev and he got 2.

All of these stupid aspects of RB made me quit. I consider myself a good player. Better than a lot of folks and still it is impossible for me to play this mode. And honestly I'm starting to quit the game. In the past week I played very few battles and today is the only time I played more than 10 battles and I'm starting to regret it. The entire game sucks. And the recent changes to ammo to make games even faster paced is the last nail in the coffin for me. The game is no where near as fun as it used to be.

tajj7 #23 Posted 11 June 2019 - 02:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27789 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostValkyrionX, on 07 June 2019 - 03:10 PM, said:

the stb1 is not so terrible imo 

Its not a terrible tank, but it has terrible gun handling for a tank with that little armour and alpha. And for ranked there are not many more tanks that are probably worst suited.

In randoms you might bounce the odd shot and it can DPM the hell out of lower tiers, but facing all the tier 10 meta tanks and with lots of experienced players, its pretty weak. 

demon_tank #24 Posted 11 June 2019 - 02:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26546 battles
  • [RED_S] RED_S

View PostRicky_Rolls, on 11 June 2019 - 09:49 AM, said:

You pray that the dude doesn't deserve his tank and doesn't know what to do, lmao. In all honesty tho, i've seen the most laughable scenarios in ranked. Malinovka, no arties, 3/4 chieftain in each team, 2 260, the rest was 430u and superconq. When the chieftains and 260 were ahead, nobody couldn't do anything, god bless i had 5 HE. 10s later everybody was shooting HE at eachother, how freaking retarded is that. Meanwhile, there are still peoples arguing about the need of having a "skill based" mm...

So basically, take at least 10 HE in your tanks. 

If you cant finish Ranked with 907 then you either didnt have the patience or you cant.

Either way you shouldnt talk much about how bad Ranked is or make suggestions about which tank should be eligible and which shouldnt.

Ricky_Rolls #25 Posted 11 June 2019 - 02:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 72170 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View Postdemon_tank, on 11 June 2019 - 02:14 PM, said:

If you cant finish Ranked with 907 then you either didnt have the patience or you cant.

Either way you shouldnt talk much about how bad Ranked is or make suggestions about which tank should be eligible and which shouldnt.

You're really persistent aren't you? Pls teach me how to play this game, you seem to have so much knowledge it's insane.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #26 Posted 11 June 2019 - 02:27 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33585 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
They should introduce tank-locking for say 3 battles and force people to play a few other tanks. That would at least help the variety a little so it's not quite so much T95s as far as the eye can see.

demon_tank #27 Posted 11 June 2019 - 03:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26546 battles
  • [RED_S] RED_S

View PostRicky_Rolls, on 11 June 2019 - 01:24 PM, said:

You're really persistent aren't you? Pls teach me how to play this game, you seem to have so much knowledge it's insane.

Im not a better player than you so nice try.

You still didnt answer my questions.

Do you understand the difference between "not good as X" and "not good / bad" ?

Do you agree that nerffing the OP tanks is better than excluding them ?

Do you understand that "special status" or "more suitable for X mode" isnt grounds for removal ?

You re a bad joke.

PayToWinDude #28 Posted 11 June 2019 - 05:26 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13665 battles

You cant, . Its not pay to win it is reward to win...They reward good players with skilled hard to play  tanks ..that is ok and good reson for uninstall the game.

BobbyBrandon #29 Posted 11 June 2019 - 06:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31041 battles
Cheftain hard to play? Are you high or something? Reward tanks should be completely excluded from competitive game modes like RB and CW. Or nerf them to standard tier X level and no, 430u isnt standard X tier level. Competitive game modes require all the participants to have identical resources to win. Only skill should matter. Playing tier XI tank when others play tier X isnt fair. Simple. 

Riggerby #30 Posted 11 June 2019 - 07:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7924 battles

I was playing on Mannerheim Line / Artic region (i think the maps name changed?), I spawned East, Made my way south to the H8 Area and there was a superunicum in his T95/4201 parked hull down half on the slope at J7/8 ish, Literally the only thing visible was his UFP and turret front, Dude was immortal and melted half our team, I ended up just firing HE at him in my cax, Doing about 30-100 damage per shot to him.

This tank truly is an absolute monster in  that sort of scenario, I dont understhand why wargaming so constantly insist on giving ridiculously powerful, genuinely positionally immortal tanks to the very very very very best players in the entire community. Pub battles are just an absolute p***take with these things dominating.

PayMore #31 Posted 11 June 2019 - 08:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26611 battles

View PostMinio, on 07 June 2019 - 06:13 AM, said:

The time is running out and I'm about to enter first division and I expect to see even more Donquerors on the battlefield, and it begs a question... How the hell can I fight against this abomination?

I'm playing mostly with Speghetto 65, which has 330 gold pen and on the attached picture you can see my usual "problematic situation".

Is there any kind of trick we "normal" players can do to apply hurt on those bastards? Preferably without dying in the process :P

SPOT and track in the open and ask the aarty to help you + buy fort knox packages. That is in the game for the common trash level player feel like shite and there thru but fort knox packages. 

Also tagged with ranked

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users