Jump to content


New feature suggestion for WOT!

suggestion new feature

  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

AGDZ0 #1 Posted 08 June 2019 - 01:13 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 32207 battles
  • 124
  • [5-4-3] 5-4-3
  • Member since:
    06-18-2013

Hello wot community!

i made this suggestion on reddit but it didnt get much attention. i truly believe it would be a great addition to world of tanks

(not just another add smoke to arty suggestion lol)

please check it out and let me know your opinion in this post :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/bxn0rw/big_suggestion/



Karasu_Hidesuke #2 Posted 08 June 2019 - 02:18 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 16593 battles
  • 4,366
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013
Not sure about your point 1.. but your point 2 is something I would like to see in game. Since AFAIK all camo has the same stats, maybe the best would be to just sell a separate 'camo setting' and separate cosmetic skins which could include paints and/or historical (and unhistorical) camo patterns.

AGDZ0 #3 Posted 08 June 2019 - 02:29 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 32207 battles
  • 124
  • [5-4-3] 5-4-3
  • Member since:
    06-18-2013

View PostKarasu_Hidesuke, on 08 June 2019 - 01:18 PM, said:

Not sure about your point 1.. but your point 2 is something I would like to see in game. Since AFAIK all camo has the same stats, maybe the best would be to just sell a separate 'camo setting' and separate cosmetic skins which could include paints and/or historical (and unhistorical) camo patterns.

Imagine this.

A player really likes to play his ELC bis. he names it something like "sneaky tenk" for 50 gold

When he kills someone or is being spectated

it shows:

    ELC bis

"Sneaky tenk"

 

I understand not everyone will find it interesting to have this feature but i really think its neat 



KanonenVogel19 #4 Posted 08 June 2019 - 02:48 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 390 battles
  • 535
  • Member since:
    04-05-2019

View PostAGDZ0, on 08 June 2019 - 02:29 PM, said:

    ELC bis

"Sneaky tenk"

 

I agree with the camo paint, it should also give a camo bonus, alteast if it's a realistic color like military green or desert yellow.

 

However, regarding the tank "nicknames", you do realise that this feature will be very "exploited"? People will come up with all kinds of names and ways to bypass automatic filters, and we will see everything from "poop" to "Himmlers Baking Factory". For these obvious stuff the support will get a lot of extra work. For the more debatable stuff, for example "Hitlers Sledgehammer" (in comparison to "Stalins Sledgehammer" ), it will instead make players very confused. I bet some people will start crying as soon they see it, some people, me included, think it's fine. Shortly said, it will be a huge mess of drawing a line of what is allowed and not, and to punish people that cross the line etc.

 

Not to mention that these nicknames would also have a negative affect of the historical and realistic atmosphere in the game. For example, your mighty Tiger gets destroyed by some tank called "MY LITTLE PONY". And now people will throw stones at me because I mentioned realism in WoT, which appearently is a horrible thing because who dares to actually design a realistic game where you can learn something useful...

 

In short, yay to suggestion 2, nay to suggestion 1 :great:


Edited by KanonenVogel19, 08 June 2019 - 02:48 PM.


vasilinhorulezz #5 Posted 08 June 2019 - 02:51 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 26415 battles
  • 1,833
  • Member since:
    09-26-2014

1. It's wot, not pokemon go

 

2. It's color, not camo.



Karasu_Hidesuke #6 Posted 08 June 2019 - 02:53 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 16593 battles
  • 4,366
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013

View PostKanonenVogel19, on 08 June 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

 

I agree with the camo paint, it should also give a camo bonus, alteast if it's a realistic color like military green or desert yellow.

 

However, regarding the tank "nicknames", you do realise that this feature will be very "exploited"? People will come up with all kinds of names and ways to bypass automatic filters, and we will see everything from "poop" to "Himmlers Baking Factory". For these obvious stuff the support will get a lot of extra work. For the more debatable stuff, for example "Hitlers Sledgehammer" (in comparison to "Stalins Sledgehammer" ), it will instead make players very confused. I bet some people will start crying as soon they see it, some people, me included, think it's fine. Shortly said, it will be a huge mess of drawing a line of what is allowed and not, and to punish people that cross the line etc.

 

Not to mention that these nicknames would also have a negative affect of the historical and realistic atmosphere in the game. For example, your mighty Tiger gets destroyed by some tank called "MY LITTLE PONY". And now people will throw stones at me because I mentioned realism in WoT, which appearently is a horrible thing because who dares to actually design a realistic game where you can learn something useful...

 

In short, yay to suggestion 2, nay to suggestion 1 :great:

 

Yes it's the old let-the-realism-genie-out-of-the-bottle trick. Basically though, any kind of learning experience that could come with this game would apparently be lost on quite a few here.... present company (so far as least) excepted, as always.

KanonenVogel19 #7 Posted 08 June 2019 - 03:00 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 390 battles
  • 535
  • Member since:
    04-05-2019

View PostKarasu_Hidesuke, on 08 June 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

Yes it's the old let-the-realism-genie-out-of-the-bottle trick. Basically though, any kind of learning experience that could come with this game would apparently be lost on quite a few here.... present company (so far as least) excepted, as always.

 

Yeah, I know. I had a discussion earier today with a person that had over 30k battles, yet he claimed that APCR shells are heavier than AP shells. I mean the least one could expect from someone with that many battles and hours in a game about tanks it to atleast know something about tanks, armor, ammo etc. But nope. Some people are simply scared of learning, they go by the moto "i want fun, learning is for noobz" :P



AGDZ0 #8 Posted 08 June 2019 - 03:12 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 32207 battles
  • 124
  • [5-4-3] 5-4-3
  • Member since:
    06-18-2013

Block Quote

 Not to mention that these nicknames would also have a negative affect of the historical and realistic atmosphere in the game. For example, your mighty Tiger gets destroyed by some tank called "MY LITTLE PONY". And now people will throw stones at me because I mentioned realism in WoT, which appearently is a horrible thing because who dares to actually design a realistic game where you can learn something useful...

 

True i think people can make rude names. but i disagree about it making the game unhistorical. because the original tank name wont be removed and the nametag will be in

" "

imagine tankers in world war they write pony in thier tank and they go destroy a tiger that could be possible

If the game cared that much about being historical there wouldnt be any unhistorical tanks

maybe im wrong

 


Edited by AGDZ0, 08 June 2019 - 03:12 PM.






Also tagged with suggestion, new feature

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users