Ranked too grindy this season

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

SOROS_SCHWARTZ_GYORGY #21 Posted 09 June 2019 - 06:08 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30037 battles
  • [SOROS] SOROS

The ultimate reward requires you to finish gold every single iteration (as 3 are scheduled this year afaik). So 3x5 tokens = 15.

to get the reward tanks you need 10 tokens, so you have to qualify at least once in leagues (4 tokens) and twice in div 1(2x3 tokens). So you have to be really good (8k++ personal rating 2k++ wn8) and at the same time grind a lot to get that tank.

Or you can get to gold league twice and not play the third iteration, but if you struggle to even qualify for the league(which I do), then you wont make it to gold league anyway(which is fine, I dont belong there).

If people who realise they wont be able to get 10 tokens stop playing, that will make it harder for the unicums too to get the rewars tank due to shrinking number participants, which could lead to even less players getting the tank.

Edited by SOROS_SCHWARTZ_GYORGY, 09 June 2019 - 06:15 PM.

ExclamationMark #22 Posted 09 June 2019 - 06:29 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16788 battles
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD
I think there is a problem with whiners this year. 

DeadLecter #23 Posted 09 June 2019 - 06:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32504 battles

The ultimate reward is a IX tank that can not be used for anything other than random battles while it will probably not even have premium status so credit farming won't be a reason to get this tank either. No matter how good it is, people will stop playing it after a while. Look at T95/4201 or 279. You rarely see them in randoms these days, same thing will happen with the IX reward. And if you are one of those who cant make it to gold league (Most of us are not that good) then you need to get 10 tokens which means either you need to reach all divisions once and finish the second division twice which is a lot. Spending all this time for a bunch of pixels that I know I will never play is just a bad bad idea. That's why I stopped ranked battles, because an average player can still finish all divisions if he can be a no lifer for 3 weeks. I for one will not be a part of this circus, spending tens of hours of my time for a tank that I don't know nothing about and I may not even like it. 

Even if it is the most OP IX tank, soon all the hype will fade after it's release. IX MM is totally screwed up now, always against TX and it is useless for anything other than randoms. So I'll say again as if I haven't said it enough, it is not worth it.

I only completed the qualification and the 3rd division for the gold so I could trade my T34B and I did. After that I stopped.

Edited by DeadLecter, 09 June 2019 - 06:34 PM.

Strizi #24 Posted 09 June 2019 - 06:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41988 battles
Said it in the other ranked thread and i say it again: remove the chevron crap, let everybody play 100 games like you do with marks and calculate the performance of these 100 games and put players in the 3 leagues. Not happy with your league? Play more games and let always the last 100 count. Chevrons are just frustrating.

N00BT00B #25 Posted 09 June 2019 - 06:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 51375 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY
The question is what does WG want top achieve with this mode?

Great players all have the rewards they want..
Unique tanks
Gold from clan wars
Status
Etc
Etc

Why keep giving more and more to these people?
Where are the unique tanks for people who have spent the most money keeping this game alive?
Where are the unique reward tanks for those that have played the most?
A shitty badge really is not much of a reward for playing a game and being loyal for 7 years in a lot of cases nor for spending thousands of pounds/euros

As it is, the select few play their overpowered reward tanks and own all before them to get even more reward tanks.
The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Edited by N00BT00B, 09 June 2019 - 06:51 PM.

SOROS_SCHWARTZ_GYORGY #26 Posted 09 June 2019 - 07:15 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30037 battles
  • [SOROS] SOROS

View PostExclamationMark, on 09 June 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

I think there is a problem with whiners this year. 

I think your cognitive complexity is not too high.

You didn't even participate this season and you come here trolling.

Edited by SOROS_SCHWARTZ_GYORGY, 09 June 2019 - 07:19 PM.

Wot_in_2k19 #27 Posted 09 June 2019 - 07:39 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 47519 battles
the MM is bad is crazy how they think is fair like this anyway wot is bad game overall so yeah if u dont have anything to do with your life  try harder here.....

ExclamationMark #28 Posted 09 June 2019 - 07:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16788 battles
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD

View PostSOROS_SCHWARTZ_GYORGY, on 09 June 2019 - 07:15 PM, said:

I think your cognitive complexity is not too high.

You didn't even participate this season and you come here trolling.

Not really. OP has created multiple topics within the past few days solely to whine about ranked. His topics have already been locked and has likely been warned. Trolling is aptly justified.

I did not need to participate in this season of ranked to know I would despise it. The past two seasons that I have participated in were plenty.

Edited by ExclamationMark, 09 June 2019 - 07:42 PM.

LordMuffin #29 Posted 09 June 2019 - 10:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 53493 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postdemon_tank, on 09 June 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

What are you even talking about.

There is no computer code that doesnt allow for the losing team to get 1 chevron and retain 4 if the winning team gets 1 or 2 additional chevrons.

We re not fighting the laws of thermodynamics here.

But some players on the winning team make no contribution whatsoever so there must be a system in place to punish them. Why would you get a chevron for doing nothing or suiciding in the first 30 seconds. You shouldnt.

So im fine with 3 or 4 players not getting a chevron but 5 seems WAY TOO STUPID.

As long as all players on the losing team lose a chevron it is OK. 

21:31 Added after 4 minutes

View PostStrizi, on 09 June 2019 - 06:40 PM, said:

Said it in the other ranked thread and i say it again: remove the chevron crap, let everybody play 100 games like you do with marks and calculate the performance of these 100 games and put players in the 3 leagues. Not happy with your league? Play more games and let always the last 100 count. Chevrons are just frustrating.

This would be somewhat skillbased, and thus nothing WG is interested in when making ranked.

Chrixus #30 Posted 10 June 2019 - 12:38 AM

Private

• Player
  • 28924 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI
Most toxic mode Wargaming ever came up with. First of all special tanks should not take part. Second of all the matchmaking is disgusting. There is no balance whatsoever in the ranking system. Don't tell me about skill level when you lose 15 in a row just because someone made that possible, just so you won't go higher. I have never seen anything like this and would only make me think how someone is messing with this for their own amusement. In my opinion this game is corrupted. Whoever is smart enough to realise this will no longer be a wargaming customer, because this isn't play for free anymore.

tajj7 #31 Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:26 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28260 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Its the same as Frontline.

They have made is absurdly grindy, but you can't even do that grind in your own time, its not like PMs or whatever where you can catch up progress, you have to play hours every day to have any chance of the higher rewards.

If you go on holiday, well f*ck you, that is it, you have no hope because there is no chance to catch up.

Both of them require basically constant play during every week/season that the modes are available. 

demon_tank #32 Posted 10 June 2019 - 12:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26890 battles
  • [RED_S] RED_S

View PostDragos_CS, on 09 June 2019 - 02:37 PM, said:

The problem here is that everybody wants the tier IX tank, the bonds and the gold for simply showing up. They wanna fire up the game, goof around for 10 games and voila, here come the rewards and a handshake.

If you got stuck in division 1,2,3 whatever, that means thats where you belong at your current skill level. You can accept that and go play randoms, improve your gameplay and rank up or just come to the forums and whine that its too hard.

Did you really think WG would give stuff for free? There already is a positive chevron balance with 14 gained and 10 lost, not to mention the bonus battles that add lots of chevrons in the mix. Thats how ranked systems work, look at any other game like CSGO or LoL. I have friends who have played in silver and bronze for ages simply because they refused to even try to get better.

Absolutely correct but still 1/3 of players in the winning team not getting a chevron is moronic.

They should raise the cap from 10 players to 11 or 12.

I'd be fine with either.

Edited by demon_tank, 10 June 2019 - 12:45 PM.

Dragos_CS #33 Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:38 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22814 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND

View Postdemon_tank, on 10 June 2019 - 12:45 PM, said:

Absolutely correct but still 1/3 of players in the winning team not getting a chevron is moronic.

They should raise the cap from 10 players to 11 or 12.

I'd be fine with either.

Thats a good point, id make it top 12 get a chevron instead. This way you pretty much make sure nobody with a contribution gets left behind.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users