Problem with Accelerate Crew Training, premium xp bonus and Free Experience?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

myxiplx #1 Posted 09 June 2019 - 09:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 29520 battles

Hey folks,

I just spotted today that although I select "Accelerate Crew Training" for many of my tanks, which says "spend all experience earned on this tank on crew training".  When I apply the premium account 3x Manageable Bonus I'm gaining free xp on those tanks.

That's not what I want at all, and I've realised that this doesn't seem to be speeding up crew training as its supposed to, instead I've realised today that I have tens of thousands of free experience points that I don't want on many of my tanks.  It looks like I have over 150k of free xp that's now utterly useless.  It's going to cost me around 6k gold to release that, or nearly £20.

Is anybody else seeing this?  Is this a bug? 

Edited by myxiplx, 09 June 2019 - 09:35 PM.

UrQuan #2 Posted 09 June 2019 - 09:50 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21398 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

The 3X bonus XP from the prem account that you can give to a tank (that has won a battle) is indeed not given to the crew, not even with accelerated crew training active. It is meant to help with grinding lines (or a way to get XP you got to convert to free XP with gold, gold you can buy with money)

I actually rarely apply that 3x bonus myself, because I hardly grind tanks these days & I am content with the ones I got most of the time.

BlackBloodBandit #3 Posted 09 June 2019 - 09:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6903 battles
I thought you were wrong, but I just noticed I've wasted quite some xp on my rental AMX 13 57 in which I was training a new crew..25k xp wasted as I'm not going to convert any.

LCpl_Jones #4 Posted 09 June 2019 - 10:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13020 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

yeah it's a deliberate wg ploy to get people to buy gold.

Rataplan #5 Posted 10 June 2019 - 11:58 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19620 battles
  • [USAW] USAW

It's not because it is there that you have to convert it. Leave it where it is, is also an option but it means you have to resist temptation, which, face it, most people are very bad at nowadays.

Can't blame a company trying to sell stuff and it still is a lot better way of them trying to make money out of free xp conversion than selling another OP premium tank.

Homer_J #6 Posted 10 June 2019 - 12:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32802 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postmyxiplx, on 09 June 2019 - 09:33 PM, said:

Is anybody else seeing this?  Is this a bug? 

Not a bug, it was confirmed by WG staff to be working as intended.

I like it this way, it means I can play premium tanks, get extra crew training, credits, and bank exp for conversion all at the same time.

Edited by Homer_J, 10 June 2019 - 12:52 PM.

myxiplx #7 Posted 10 June 2019 - 01:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 29520 battles

For me, working as intended would mean actually having features work in the way they're stated.  They most likely totally forgot the interaction between these two features.

Very annoying as I've wasted a huge amount of additional xp that could have been better used.

IRSanchez #8 Posted 08 August 2019 - 01:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58610 battles
  • [F4W] F4W

It's fixed as of 1.6 Update now. 

I wonder why it's not in the patchnotes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/cnko3l/psa_its_possible_to_use_managable_premium/

Codename_Jelly #9 Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:20 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17720 battles

View PostIRSanchez, on 08 August 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

It's fixed as of 1.6 Update now. 

I wonder why it's not in the patchnotes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/cnko3l/psa_its_possible_to_use_managable_premium/

It was

Block Quote

WoT Premium Account

• Reworked the logic of adding the manageable XP bonus within WoT Premium Account. Now the extra XP will be sent to the crew according to the same rules that are applied to the Combat experience:  

If the Accelerated crew training is disabled (or is not available) before the beginning of a battle, a share of experience will go to the crew, the rest will go to the vehicle.

If the Accelerated crew training is enabled, all experience will be distributed between the crew members.

• Changed the conditions, upon which the bonus can be used (all below conditions should be met):

The most recent victory in the selected vehicle.

The vehicle is in the Garage (not sold, the rental has not expired, etc.)

The crew that won the battle is in the vehicle.

The current state of the Accelerated crew training option is the same as it was before the beginning of the battle.

Edited by Codename_Jelly, 08 August 2019 - 09:21 PM.

Kram1970 #10 Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 48371 battles
  • [E-T-U] E-T-U

The inability to add Bonus XP to the crew once earned was not good for the player.

Did anyone notice that WG offered a 40:1 exchange on battle XP to free XP before 1.6 was released instead of the usual 35:1 when a bonus XP conversion period was available?

I think that WG was hoping to profit from players paying for the enormous amount of extra accumulated bonus battle XP per vehicle.  I believe this did not happen so they have adjusted the game to allow the bonus XP to be added to the crew training as it probably always should have been.

In any event I now have an enormous pool of battle XP on vehicles that were fully researched that will cost a lot in real money to convert.  Perhaps fairer for Wargaming to allow all XP accummulated to be assigned to the crew retrospectively if only on premium vehicles.

Edited by Kram1970, 11 September 2019 - 12:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users