Jump to content


Wheeled vehicles gun stabilization too good?.


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Riggerby #1 Posted 10 June 2019 - 12:16 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7924 battles
  • 419
  • Member since:
    10-31-2011

Anyone else think its a little bit too strong ? To quote wargaming, ''Good gun stabilization and the lock-on feature let you fire effectively on the move, without the need to aim precisely.''

 

I've been in my Ru-251 going max speed, Whilst EBR's upwards of 300m away are going full speed in completely different directions and over un-even terrain, and literally every single time they press the trigger it hits, I don't think i've seen one of them miss yet, And that HE.... jesus that HE.... its like a constant 500hp being snapshotted at you that hits EVERY SINGLE TIME despite the fact they're going 95kmh up and over ridges, 

 

I can deal with the speed and them being hard to hit and stuff, But that gun stab is just too much, especially with that potent HE, It just absolutely butchers lightly armoured vehicles, and even heavies if it gets their sides / rears. 

 

No other tank in the game can auto aim snapshot quite like this thing can. Its too strong. 


Edited by Riggerby, 10 June 2019 - 12:23 AM.


Stevies_Team #2 Posted 10 June 2019 - 12:18 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 12596 battles
  • 1,239
  • Member since:
    07-14-2016
On sale in the shop now, buy 'em while they're hot!

P33K #3 Posted 10 June 2019 - 12:47 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 26245 battles
  • 226
  • Member since:
    03-26-2015
Agreed. It hits with damn good certainty, while normal lights can only dream of such feat.

Just today had this experience with 131 getting hit constantly, not even terrain cover helped.

onderschepper #4 Posted 10 June 2019 - 02:29 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 2168 battles
  • 698
  • [BOF] BOF
  • Member since:
    05-17-2019

Auto-aim should not exist for any vehicle, as with practice it is possible to aim and drive a wheelie - which is a much steeper learning curve than any other vehicle thus far.

 

However, modern games must accommodate all levels of player and therefore it is likely that such features shall become even more user friendly in due course.



gav00 #5 Posted 10 June 2019 - 02:34 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10678 battles
  • 639
  • Member since:
    10-13-2013
They shouldn't even have guns. They cause enough trouble just running about spotting :P

NUKLEAR_SLUG #6 Posted 10 June 2019 - 03:21 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34103 battles
  • 4,434
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostRiggerby, on 10 June 2019 - 12:16 AM, said:

I've been in my Ru-251 going max speed, Whilst EBR's upwards of 300m away are going full speed in completely different directions and over un-even terrain, and literally every single time they press the trigger it hits, I don't think i've seen one of them miss yet, 

 

Having tried them I can assure you that doesn't happen, they miss just as much as any other tank. The autoaim only helps with lock, after that they're subject to the same shot dispersion rules.

 

Also, don't get into a shot trading situation with things that you know have high pen HE shells, that's just asking for trouble. You out spot them by a long way so use your view range against them.



Shad0wize #7 Posted 10 June 2019 - 03:39 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12647 battles
  • 340
  • Member since:
    03-12-2014

You cannot out spot them since you're the only one that can fire and hit them, your team cannot.

Also what about out spotting? If they've got recon, situational, coated and food done. They outspot YOU.

 

They get no drawback from yoloing in aside from the fact that they're incredibly difficult to get rid of, they can simply drive right next to you whilst you're sitting in a bush and run away whilst you run the risk of getting shot mainly by your own team trying to hit them.

 

Hitting their wheels slows them down in such an insignificant manner it's just a joke, they turn very fast and well, they are the bane of any light tank in the game. There's just too much good and too little you can do against it.

 

I hate having to kill 1-2 of them per game and another 1-2 lights aside from it. Literally playing a 4 v 1 and winning it never means anything since I'm reduced to a oneshot and cannot risk to active spot or do anything worthwhile, thus all I do can be rather inconsequential if my lights aren't doing the right thing.

Not to mention they can literally circle a light tank, outmaneuver them, deal more damage to them and well just make them look silly altogether.

 

You don't want to run a build based on viewrange? No problem, as I said they can literally drive into the your bush or even your cap and generally get away with it, it's like having a Pz. I C at tier X.

 

You cannot even deal sufficient damage to them before they just jump on you, and you might've reduced them to half hp, they only need 3 shots which they will generally hit, as Nukelar_Slug said they are subjected to dispersion but when the darn aiming circle is a bit smaller than the tank you're firing at you'll find it surprisingly difficult to miss.

 

All that whilst I'm driving 60+ km/h MANUALLY aiming and shooting at them. My skill = 0 if the enemy wheeled is any good. If he's on the same skill level as me or better I'm just dead meat. He'll just outposition and outspot me every time I try to actually do any light tank business.

 

However, I disagree, I don't think the lock-on feature is that big of a deal, sure it's annoying but I personally win my engagements with them when it boils down to brawling. (the thing you're not supposed to do but is the easiest permanent solution to get rid of such a vehicle, aside from trying to cut off his escape and possibly your team hitting them at least ONCE for Pete's sake)

 

If a tank is that fast there's no way it should just turn so easily. Sports cars have trouble with turning and you want to tell me a 12,000 kg machine or more driving at speeds of 94-100 km/h can just turn like that? It can turn like that without flipping over or spinning in circles, it can do that without losing control? Why am I subjected to physics when he is clearly not? All I want is for them to not turn around so easily when they reach those insane speeds.

 

Because here I am again, in my T92 light tank, driving at 63km/h on Ghost Town, using my hull break to go around a rock and there he is, outmaneuvering me around a rock, making me look silly for even trying whilst I'm bleeding all my speed just to turn the rock like a darn race car and there he is literally 0-100 faster than the fastest car in the world driving through soft terrain as if it were nothing.

 

Because something is the matter when I'm more than capable of making a fool out of any tank going against me in my light but incapable of doing that against two of them when they're barely able to engage autoaim and drive at the same time...



gunslingerXXX #8 Posted 10 June 2019 - 06:35 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 12794 battles
  • 3,324
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

I agree. 

They take impossible shots, half misses in my experience but still half hitting is way too much.



8126Jakobsson #9 Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:14 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 78934 battles
  • 5,258
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
Usually you beat yourself up over a miss because you didn't take more time aiming your shot. With a wheelie you be like "maaaan why did I stop and aim fully instead of increasing the speed and do a corkscrew".  :child: 

Laur_Balaur_XD #10 Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:28 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 37107 battles
  • 856
  • [CTRL-] CTRL-
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 10 June 2019 - 07:14 AM, said:

Usually you beat yourself up over a miss because you didn't take more time aiming your shot. With a wheelie you be like "maaaan why did I stop and aim fully instead of increasing the speed and do a corkscrew".  :child: 

 

This reminds me of a game i had in IS7: i shot after a tank from @150m fully aimed 4-5 times - 2 times i hit the ground, 1 time above it and i finally hit it. After that i was cursing the rng and aim mechanics and moving almost full speed to another part of the map i took a shot at a E4 that was @400m far and i could see only his turret - guess what, i probably hit exactly his machine gun mini-turret and penned it....

I was like: what the f*ck, why i am even wasting time to aim? :sceptic::D



BlackBloodBandit #11 Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:36 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6351 battles
  • 757
  • Member since:
    12-23-2018

View PostRiggerby, on 10 June 2019 - 12:16 AM, said:

Anyone else think its a little bit too strong ? To quote wargaming, ''Good gun stabilization and the lock-on feature let you fire effectively on the move, without the need to aim precisely.''

 

I've been in my Ru-251 going max speed, Whilst EBR's upwards of 300m away are going full speed in completely different directions and over un-even terrain, and literally every single time they press the trigger it hits, I don't think i've seen one of them miss yet, And that HE.... jesus that HE.... its like a constant 500hp being snapshotted at you that hits EVERY SINGLE TIME despite the fact they're going 95kmh up and over ridges, 

 

I can deal with the speed and them being hard to hit and stuff, But that gun stab is just too much, especially with that potent HE, It just absolutely butchers lightly armoured vehicles, and even heavies if it gets their sides / rears. 

 

No other tank in the game can auto aim snapshot quite like this thing can. Its too strong. 

And yet another day with a new topic about this... can you guys never learn to use search function? No it's not overpowered on that part. I myself miss so many shots on quite flat terrain with even driving in a straight line. They fact that some players experience it and immediately feel like going to the forum and spam a new topic about it, says about those players then the tank itself. Don't get started that they have more pro's then cons..



tajj7 #12 Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:53 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28211 battles
  • 16,262
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014
No, play them they do not even remotely hit reliably on the move, yeh they are a tad better than most other tanks (though Russian tanks have close to similar dispersion levels with bigger and better guns) but at those speeds you go around the bloom is still large and its luck if you hit anything. 

8126Jakobsson #13 Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:03 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 78934 battles
  • 5,258
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostLaur_Balaur_XD, on 10 June 2019 - 08:28 AM, said:

 

This reminds me of a game i had in IS7: i shot after a tank from @150m fully aimed 4-5 times - 2 times i hit the ground, 1 time above it and i finally hit it. After that i was cursing the rng and aim mechanics and moving almost full speed to another part of the map i took a shot at a E4 that was @400m far and i could see only his turret - guess what, i probably hit exactly his machine gun mini-turret and penned it....

I was like: what the f*ck, why i am even wasting time to aim? :sceptic::D

 

Two old WoT truths* in one. 

 

1. Don't aim with a Russian tank

2. Aiming lowers dpm

 

*may or may not just be silly things we like to say






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users