• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

Minio #1 Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 43361 battles
  • [AVIT] AVIT

Long story short:

I didn't finish ranked qualifications because I run out of time and couldn't get last 11 chevrons to complete the journey.

In the last 32 battles played yesterday I went up by 4 chevrons, but why am I disappointed? Oh boy where do I start...

Let me list my thoughts:

- It took me, a reasonably ok player, 2 full weekends to get to the very end of first division, yet I still run out of time. Do I need to quit my job to compete?

- Why on earth was this mode designed to be a grind? How does that measure any skill? After first two divisions my chevron % was pretty much decided and didn't change until the end.

- As I got to the last few ranks of last qualifying division I've started to witness battles with 30 players where everyone refused to move. I've had battles on Malinovka and Prohorovka, where entire team was stationary for up to 5 minutes just blind firing the forest.

Tanks:

T95/FV4201 - if your team has more of them than enemies then congratulations, your team has won!

Ferrari - Physics don't apply to the turning speed of this, impossible to hit it reliably, good view range, extremely fast. It just hurts the gameplay, the entire team gets spotted before they leave the spawn, then your team get the AMX and it's simply not fair.

Obj. 279(e) - 40% chance you can damage it's front when it's driving in the open field. That's it, 40%. Not your skill, pure luck.

Obj, 907 - there's so many of them maybe you should just give it to everyone to be available to be used in ranked? We end up with best clan players in overpowered tanks and average players in tech tree tanks. How does that relate to ranking skill?

Maps. Wargaming admitted some maps are so bad, they can't be in this mode due to lack of balance and no room for skilled play. Then:

- Why on earth is Mountain Pass and Lakeville in this mode? Claustrophobic maps with 3 corridors and no room to play.

- Why Sand River south spawn has a much smaller chance to win, yet is still in the ranked mode?

- Why Redshire north spawn has a much smaller chance to win, yet is still in the ranked mode?

I really like the idea and the challenge behind ranked mode and I'm looking forward to the next season, but the way it has been done left a sour taste in my mouth.

Edited by Minio, 10 June 2019 - 08:58 AM.

BlackBloodBandit #2 Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:51 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5886 battles
There are a ton of topics already on the forum with the exact same sharing of opinion and facts.. Yes they ruined it and nothing we can do about it. I stopped played after dropping down a few times and getting punished for actually playing the mode, because a lot of players refuse to actually play the mode or just farm to get the only chevron on a loss.

Kartoshkaya #3 Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26685 battles
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-
Camping Fest is Real. Found myself getting way better results in arty due to this only fact.

Tanks should be restricted only to the ones on the tech tree. Not everyone wants to take part in clan things.

The grind is pretty hardcore. If you're unlucky it's even hardcore than the most difficult marathon they did.

Want to add : rework the ranked mm to only matchup players from a single League. How do you want yellow players in qualification League to get a chevron when the rest of the team are from first League ? This is ridiculous.

mani_GGr #4 Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:01 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16928 battles
  • [FAME] FAME
It was fine for first 3 days, then it became worse than randoms.

Minio #5 Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 43361 battles
  • [AVIT] AVIT

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 10 June 2019 - 07:51 AM, said:

There are a ton of topics already on the forum with the exact same sharing of opinion and facts.. Yes they ruined it and nothing we can do about it. I stopped played after dropping down a few times and getting punished for actually playing the mode, because a lot of players refuse to actually play the mode or just farm to get the only chevron on a loss.

I considered not writing about it as there are topics I know, but I just can't get around how displeased I am.

I really love this game and love the new stuff Wargaming is adding and it really pains me to experience something like this.

It's like your best mate did something bad to you. Not the end of the world and not really important but it needs to be discussed until the problem is gone.

BlackBloodBandit #6 Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5886 battles

View PostMinio, on 10 June 2019 - 09:05 AM, said:

I considered not writing about it as there are topics I know, but I just can't get around how displeased I am.

I really love this game and love the new stuff Wargaming is adding and it really pains me to experience something like this.

It's like your best mate did something bad to you. Not the end of the world and not really important but it needs to be discussed until the problem is gone.

I agree it needs to be fixed, but WG employees don't read this forum at all, other then for moderation purposes.. so this way it will probably not work. How it WILL work? I really don't know how you can convince WG of anything. they do their own thing.

tajj7 #7 Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:22 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27778 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I gave up on Saturday, got to Div 1 rank 9 but just couldn't be bothered to keep pushing on to try to finish it.

The gameplay is horrible, they don't reward playing for the win, they punish you for having a crap team by making you go backwards and the game is dominated by meta tanks.

And of course like Frontline they have made is a grind for some mystery tier 9 tank, taking all the fun away and just forcing you to play game after game after game to have any chance of getting the rewards. 

Which has ruined both modes for me, if you don't have the time and you only have time to play a few hours a day you basically have to dedicate every single of those hours to WOTs playing ranked or Frontline to have any chance, because they made it this requirement to do the slog in a restricted time period.

If you go away or have other stuff to do or whaterver then you are screwed, you can't catch up because you need to complete a relentless schedule to get anywhere near. 

Like you need 10 Prestige points or whatever for the tier 9 in Frontline and I was managing about 1 per Frontline period, so now I have missed one Frontline week, that is it can't get the reward.

Same here in ranked, you 10 ranked points to get the tier 9 tank, but only 5 are available each season and that means slogging through 60 ranks, which is hundred and hundreds of games. 

Completely stupid, they have just removed the ability to do these things from all but the no lifers IMO. 

Edited by tajj7, 10 June 2019 - 09:23 AM.

Minio #8 Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 43361 battles
  • [AVIT] AVIT

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 10 June 2019 - 08:09 AM, said:

I agree it needs to be fixed, but WG employees don't read this forum at all, other then for moderation purposes.. so this way it will probably not work. How it WILL work? I really don't know how you can convince WG of anything. they do their own thing.

In all honesty I like the idea of them doing "their own thing" and no listening to players too much. I'd like a good monarchy, where king make the rules and not people. Democracy doesn't work in video game industry, because everyone wants something different.

The way things are with Wargaming, they have their own roadmap and they follow their own rules. I just hope they align with what I'd like to see.

They just failed with this mode and there is not a lot we can do. But when the topic is "hot" it gets noticed.

Karasu_Hidesuke #9 Posted 10 June 2019 - 10:43 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16660 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View PostMinio, on 10 June 2019 - 08:24 AM, said:

In all honesty I like the idea of them doing "their own thing" and no listening to players too much. I'd like a good monarchy, where king make the rules and not people. Democracy doesn't work in video game industry, because everyone wants something different.

The way things are with Wargaming, they have their own roadmap and they follow their own rules. I just hope they align with what I'd like to see.

They just failed with this mode and there is not a lot we can do. But when the topic is "hot" it gets noticed.

You mean they are wondering at WG HQ why we just won't eat cakes?....

demon_tank #10 Posted 10 June 2019 - 12:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26546 battles
  • [RED_S] RED_S

And i had a battle with my T95/FV4201 Chieftain where i was one of the last 5 tanks alive in both teams.

Guess which tank all the other 4 drivers had.

YOU GUESSED RIGHT ! THE OBJ 430U.

As long as there are idiotic broken free to play tanks people shouldnt complain about cw/reward tanks. ESPECIALLY when 31k players own the 260 and 30k own the 907.

Plus the 260 and the 279 ARE AVAILABLE for EVERYONE who wants to complete the missions.

Stop crying about certain tanks. Your arguements have no merit.

And noone is stopping you from playing clan wars or saving up bonds for the auction.

And quite frankly all the 500-1000 wn8 bots do not deserve those tanks in the first place. Its sad a few of them get them via the auction.

Edited by demon_tank, 10 June 2019 - 12:41 PM.

Kartoshkaya #11 Posted 10 June 2019 - 12:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26685 battles
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-

View Postdemon_tank, on 10 June 2019 - 12:41 PM, said:

And i had a battle with my T95/FV4201 Chieftain where i was one of the last 5 tanks alive in both teams.

As long as there are idiotic broken free to play tanks people shouldnt complain about cw/reward tanks. ESPECIALLY when 31k players own the 260 and 30k own the 907.

Plus the 260 and the 279 ARE AVAILABLE for EVERYONE who wants to complete the missions.

And noone is stopping you from playing clan wars or saving up bonds for the auction.

And quite frankly all the 500-1000 wn8 bots do not deserve those tanks in the first place. Its sad a few of them get them via the auction.

Then why don't you play 430u ?

eldrak #12 Posted 10 June 2019 - 12:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50776 battles
  • [GR-W] GR-W

View Posttajj7, on 10 June 2019 - 08:22 AM, said:

Like you need 10 Prestige points or whatever for the tier 9 in Frontline and I was managing about 1 per Frontline period, so now I have missed one Frontline week, that is it can't get the reward

Same here in ranked, you 10 ranked points to get the tier 9 tank, but only 5 are available each season and that means slogging through 60 ranks, which is hundred and hundreds of games. 

Completely stupid, they have just removed the ability to do these things from all but the no lifers IMO. 

In FL there's still great possibilities for catching up (16% extra effort each week).
In ranked you're screwed though. There's only 3-4 realistically available chevrons each time for normal people and you need 10. The average and bad players will realize that and quit so the two coming seasons it will take a lot longer to find games as it requires an opponent with exactly your rank.

Major_Gitgud #13 Posted 10 June 2019 - 01:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28297 battles

to make it even look like a competitive mode, there should be only particular tanks allowed in the first place, then maybe we could talk about outplaying enemy team. otherwise its just the same as in random battles, if the teams are equal skill-wise, then whichever team has the most OP tanks will win more often then not. 

p.s. this season i played no more than 4-5 battles, just to get easy bonds for reaching a bot rank and didn't even bother to go any further.

Edited by Major_Gitgud, 10 June 2019 - 01:05 PM.

LordMuffin #14 Posted 10 June 2019 - 01:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 51628 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

No one deserves to get OP tanks, like the FV, Obj 907, Obj 279, Obj 430U etc.

They should all be nerfed.

12:09 Added after 1 minute

View PostMinio, on 10 June 2019 - 08:44 AM, said:

Long story short:

I didn't finish ranked qualifications because I run out of time and couldn't get last 11 chevrons to complete the journey.

In the last 32 battles played yesterday I went up by 4 chevrons, but why am I disappointed? Oh boy where do I start...

Let me list my thoughts:

- It took me, a reasonably ok player, 2 full weekends to get to the very end of first division, yet I still run out of time. Do I need to quit my job to compete?

- Why on earth was this mode designed to be a grind? How does that measure any skill? After first two divisions my chevron % was pretty much decided and didn't change until the end.

- As I got to the last few ranks of last qualifying division I've started to witness battles with 30 players where everyone refused to move. I've had battles on Malinovka and Prohorovka, where entire team was stationary for up to 5 minutes just blind firing the forest.

Tanks:

T95/FV4201 - if your team has more of them than enemies then congratulations, your team has won!

Ferrari - Physics don't apply to the turning speed of this, impossible to hit it reliably, good view range, extremely fast. It just hurts the gameplay, the entire team gets spotted before they leave the spawn, then your team get the AMX and it's simply not fair.

Obj. 279(e) - 40% chance you can damage it's front when it's driving in the open field. That's it, 40%. Not your skill, pure luck.

Obj, 907 - there's so many of them maybe you should just give it to everyone to be available to be used in ranked? We end up with best clan players in overpowered tanks and average players in tech tree tanks. How does that relate to ranking skill?

Maps. Wargaming admitted some maps are so bad, they can't be in this mode due to lack of balance and no room for skilled play. Then:

- Why on earth is Mountain Pass and Lakeville in this mode? Claustrophobic maps with 3 corridors and no room to play.

- Why Sand River south spawn has a much smaller chance to win, yet is still in the ranked mode?

- Why Redshire north spawn has a much smaller chance to win, yet is still in the ranked mode?

I really like the idea and the challenge behind ranked mode and I'm looking forward to the next season, but the way it has been done left a sour taste in my mouth.

Your first mistake was thinking ranked was anything but a grind fest.

Ricky_Rolls #15 Posted 10 June 2019 - 01:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 72170 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

Coming from someone who has 2.7k avg on a chieftain, saying that some peoples don't deserve their tank is a bit presumptuous.

Kartoshkaya #16 Posted 10 June 2019 - 01:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26685 battles
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-

View PostRicky_Rolls, on 10 June 2019 - 01:10 PM, said:

Coming from someone who has 2.7k avg on a chieftain, saying that some peoples don't deserve their tank is a bit presumptuous.

Oof

LordMuffin #17 Posted 10 June 2019 - 01:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 51628 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostRicky_Rolls, on 10 June 2019 - 01:10 PM, said:

Take care here.

You are talking to a 2.2k wn8, 56% WR player here.

8126Jakobsson #18 Posted 10 June 2019 - 01:57 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 77212 battles

View PostMinio, on 10 June 2019 - 08:44 AM, said:

But still more flexible than Airfield. Draw a line through the middle of the map and wait it out.  :teethhappy:

demon_tank #19 Posted 10 June 2019 - 02:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26546 battles
  • [RED_S] RED_S

View PostRicky_Rolls, on 10 June 2019 - 12:10 PM, said:

I guess you re one of those muppets who cant understand the difference between "not as good as X" and "not good or bad".

I understand using personal attacks from time to time. Its fine with me. But try using a few actual arguements here and there.

Guess you re salty from the whole cw/reward tanks in Ranked thing.

A perfectly fine arguement from you. 10 good tanks exist that do better than others in Ranked. I will cry about 1 or 2 of them and leave the other 8 be. Good job sir.

P.S. Somebody missed his chance for a Chieftain. Hahahahahahaha. Dont be pathetic wait till the next CW you ll get one.

Edited by demon_tank, 10 June 2019 - 02:26 PM.

Kartoshkaya #20 Posted 10 June 2019 - 02:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26685 battles
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-

View Postdemon_tank, on 10 June 2019 - 02:24 PM, said:

P.S. Somebody missed his chance for a Chieftain. Hahahahahahaha. Dont be pathetic wait till the next CW you ll get one.

So you admit having this tank is a chance.

What if you're not interrested into clan sh*t ? Why would you get penalized in a non clan related mode ?

Also tagged with ranked

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users