• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Boy_with_Apple #1 Posted 10 June 2019 - 12:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2922 battles
  • [LOBBY] LOBBY

A question about SPG and Binos. 
I can't agree with my Clan members if putting Binos or coated optics on an SPG is any help. 
We play SPG. 
So we know about God's view etc. 
However I have said that the end game where we have to go TD is best played if you going to put Binos or Coated optics on, by using coated optics. 
Why coated optics, well if a player is reloading and running around looking for pickings at the end, he will be moving and not most of the time going in a line towards you, so your tracks will have to move to get a shot at him from your SPG and if you have binos on they will drop out of use as you are moving. 
That is my thinking why coated optics may be best. as they will or should increase your view range. 
We know it depends on the camo rating of the given tank that is driving. 
But are any of them going to help at all with the limited zoom we have in SPG (TD) mode at the end.. i.e. not in God's view. 
Do you get me?

Homer_J #2 Posted 10 June 2019 - 12:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31717 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Tanks stay spotted for a while even after your binoculars are no longer active so clearly binoculars are best.

But really, you have already lost, it's not something I would be overly concerned about planning for.

Boy_with_Apple #3 Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:48 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2922 battles
  • [LOBBY] LOBBY

Thank you so much for your time in replying.

I would agree you may have lost that flank, however I have found that at times!
: - an SPG can kill a tank if they can see them and are reloaded. 

I am not so sure if any binos or coated optics make any difference with an SPG in normal view mode, and this question I think we will have to test in training room.

Yes I know they are staying light if spotted for a short time, but what if they are not spotted and you are moving left and right to try and get in a best position to kill one shot.

I have as an SPG player saved our side and the game by killing the SPG hunting tank with a one shot.
So it is not always a loss.

Maybe I am preparing for the worst case scenario, but players do want SPG to kill a log jam of heavy tanks one min and request fire on a point on the map;

and then the next will not come back to help them at the end, even if they can.!
Most of the time SPG are just forgotten about.

Which is sad, and if you are the ones who come back, well good for you. 

If everyone had a go at SPG they would see a lot of cool play and also not go to some places on the map if SPG are playing and then they would live to win the game.

Captain_Kremen0 #4 Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:35 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 38711 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostHomer_J, on 10 June 2019 - 11:48 AM, said:

Tanks stay spotted for a while even after your binoculars are no longer active so clearly binoculars are best.

But really, you have already lost, it's not something I would be overly concerned about planning for.

But really.....what else do they have to plan for? I have been in a few  end battles both with and against arty where it could have made a difference.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #5 Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY
  • Binocs will give you more view range and therefore will degrade your enemy's camo more than optics.
  • SPGs don't have enough HP to go hunter-killer at the end of the battle.
  • SPGs usually don't have a turret so your angle of engagement is narrow and you often need to turn the hull.

Combine that with a long aim time and you're better off sitting still while keeping your camo in an ambush. Binocs are superior in that kind of situation, at least you'll get the first shot at the enemy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users