T95/FV4201

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

4ztec #1 Posted 11 June 2019 - 11:53 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 666 battles
  • [B33R] B33R

When I look at T95/FV4201, questions come into my mind.

Why does WG want to nerf 430U while handing out the completely overpowered T95/FV4201?

Why is WG afraid to properly buff STB-1 and Leopard 1 while we have T95/FV4201?

Why are vehicles like Object 907 and T95/FV4201, which are just vastly better versions of existing tanks, allowed in Ranked Battles which is supposed to be a competitive environment? I don't see competition in an unfair game mode where some players have access to overpowered tanks while others don't.

I would just like to know why that is.

Kartoshkaya #2 Posted 11 June 2019 - 11:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27383 battles
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-
Two threads are already around the forum for the same topic

CornDaFlakes #3 Posted 11 June 2019 - 12:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32864 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
You do have acces to the tanks by playing a different competetive mode called clan wars. 

Jauhesammutin #4 Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23618 battles
  • [FAUF] FAUF

View PostCornDaFlakes, on 11 June 2019 - 11:01 AM, said:

You do have acces to the tanks by playing a different competetive mode called clan wars. 

No you don't. A small percent have access to those tanks. Those shouldn't be in ranked battles if it supposed to be competitive and not just "randoms in T10".

tajj7 #5 Posted 11 June 2019 - 01:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28211 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostJauhesammutin, on 11 June 2019 - 12:40 PM, said:

No you don't. A small percent have access to those tanks. Those shouldn't be in ranked battles if it supposed to be competitive and not just "randoms in T10".

Like 10-12k people get tanks every CW campaign, which there are usually about 2-3 a year, so yeh probably 20-30k people have got them over the last year to 18 months.

Jauhesammutin #6 Posted 11 June 2019 - 02:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23618 battles
  • [FAUF] FAUF

View Posttajj7, on 11 June 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

Like 10-12k people get tanks every CW campaign, which there are usually about 2-3 a year, so yeh probably 20-30k people have got them over the last year to 18 months.

So 30k from the 750k weekly players( according to wot-news) is 4%. So a small percent. 

(4300 Donquerors and 30k 907's according to WoT-Life)

tajj7 #7 Posted 11 June 2019 - 03:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28211 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostJauhesammutin, on 11 June 2019 - 01:44 PM, said:

So 30k from the 750k weekly players( according to wot-news) is 4%. So a small percent. 

(4300 Donquerors and 30k 907's according to WoT-Life)

Compared to the ranked population its not a small percent plus you said access, everyone has access to these tanks, you just have to put the hours into CWs. 

Equality doesn't mean everyone being equal, its means equality of opportunity and every WOT player has the opportunity to earn these tanks. 

demon_tank #8 Posted 11 June 2019 - 03:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26785 battles
  • [RED_S] RED_S

4,9k Chieftains and 30k 907.

The numbers will grow next campaign by 10k. The majority of players will go for either of those 2.

As will the owners of 260 (31k) and 279 (1,1k) when more players finish the missions.

So the removal idea is completely misguided imho. The grounds for the removal will either draw a fake line that shouldnt apply to other tanks or be an unfair laser targeting discrimination and will never stop. After we exclude some tanks then the demand will come again for the next batch of  "too good for ranked" tanks which is MORONIC.

Nerff those tanks and problem solved.

ExclamationMark #9 Posted 11 June 2019 - 03:23 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16788 battles
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD
Anyone has access to Olympic gold medals. Very few ever get them. Again the mentality that players shouldn't be rewarded for being good at the game.

DeadLecter #10 Posted 11 June 2019 - 03:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32223 battles

View PostCornDaFlakes, on 11 June 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

This is one of the most useless reasons for justifying these ridiculous tanks. RB is supposed to be a competitive mode but how can it be competitive when some people have acces to such OP tank and the rest don't? The only way to level the playing field is to let every single player have a T95/4201 and then let them decide whether they want it or not. Like 430U or V4 or S.Conq. You don't see anyone complain about them since if someone doesn't have them it's their choice.

And rewards can be unique and balanced at the same time. It could be a tank like S.Conq with better mobility and alpha but less DPM and worse armor to balance it. It would still be unique since not everyone has it but it wouldn't be OP AF. People got T95/FV4201 because they were good players, fine. That doesn't mean it should be so good that you can crush everyone else in it.

It's a like when a guy gets a gold medal in Olympics in boxing and to reward him you allow him to take a gun in the ring. He already got his reward, a gold medal that very few people can get. No reason to give him all sorts of advantages to crush others. 

I would have easily been able to finish all 4 divisions by playing a lot. But I didn't even bother. RB is a stupid single player mode where there is no team work. Helping your team means sacrificing yourself. And the mode is purely toxic and none of the rewards are worth having.

I'm not much of a team player myself but I'm not an arsehole either. But in order to rank up in RB you have to be one and I'm not gonna let a game decide who I'll be. 

Very few people managed to finish all 4 divisions and do you think it was because of it being hard? Hell no. Anyone can play a lot and finish all division even semi bad players. It's just that RB is totally disgusting mode. 

And WG is scared of releasing the new reward tank of FL. I'm sure it's a garbage tank otherwise they would have released some info about it. They know that as soon as they release the stats lots of people quit playing. And they are doing the same to RB. Just wait till after when this forum gets flooded with people who spent hundreds of hours playing for a useless IX tank that they will never ever play.

Now WG is in a very delicate situation. 

It's a IX tank so it won't make credits, And IX MM has been ruined since the update. If it is an OP tank others will rage quit. If it is not OP those who got it will rage quit. WG has to introduce a balanced tank to keep both sides happy but it's a shame since apparently there is no translation for "Balanced" in their dictionary. So just wait for it. 
Sh1t is about hit the fan once they release the reward tanks of FL and RB, more so for RB since it's a lot grindier than FL.

Edited by DeadLecter, 11 June 2019 - 03:40 PM.

demon_tank #11 Posted 11 June 2019 - 03:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26785 battles
  • [RED_S] RED_S

View PostExclamationMark, on 11 June 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

Anyone has access to Olympic gold medals. Very few ever get them. Again the mentality that players shouldn't be rewarded for being good at the game.

...so we need to ban the Olympics or give steroids to less capable athletes and handicapp the more skilled ones amirite ? What are you even insinuating or suggesting here ?

Providing equal opportunity is the most fair & just thing you can do. ANYTHING ELSE IS NOT.

Edited by demon_tank, 11 June 2019 - 03:53 PM.

Japualtah #12 Posted 11 June 2019 - 04:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31788 battles

View PostCornDaFlakes, on 11 June 2019 - 12:01 PM, said:

No mate, you don't. You could, we can agree on that, but getting those tanks implies a completely different mindset from random and ranked. And schedule for that matter.

And if you insist on saying you could, fine, provided you don't mix clan wars with other game modes. Clan war tanks are fine for clan wars, be already happy you can play them on randoms which is already debatable.

demon_tank #13 Posted 11 June 2019 - 04:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26785 battles
  • [RED_S] RED_S

View PostJapualtah, on 11 June 2019 - 03:21 PM, said:

No mate, you don't. You could, we can agree on that, but getting those tanks implies a completely different mindset from random and ranked. And schedule for that matter.

And if you insist on saying you could, fine, provided you don't mix clan wars with other game modes. Clan war tanks are fine for clan wars, be already happy you can play them on randoms which is already debatable.

No its not.

Any tank you get anyhow you can play it as much as you want in randoms. There are no different that Mission tanks.

4ztec #14 Posted 11 June 2019 - 04:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 666 battles
  • [B33R] B33R

View PostExclamationMark, on 11 June 2019 - 02:23 PM, said:

Completely wrong. It's the fact that the reward is an overpowered tank that gives an unfair advantage.

It's funny how all those T95 owners join the thread to defend their precious T95 by telling that everyone can get it.

Olympic gold medals are a good example by the way. How is a handicapped, injured, physically weak or hard working person able to earn a gold medal? I would like to see that happen.

ExclamationMark #15 Posted 11 June 2019 - 05:05 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16788 battles
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD
I am not defending the tank. I am disagreeing with your statement that only a select amount of players get access to it. 

Jauhesammutin #16 Posted 11 June 2019 - 05:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23618 battles
  • [FAUF] FAUF

View Posttajj7, on 11 June 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

Compared to the ranked population its not a small percent plus you said access, everyone has access to these tanks, you just have to put the hours into CWs. 

Equality doesn't mean everyone being equal, its means equality of opportunity and every WOT player has the opportunity to earn these tanks. 

I don't know the ranked population. Probably low because of nonsense like that.

Not everyone has access to these tanks. Like you said, only 10k gets out every half a year or so.

Balc0ra #17 Posted 11 June 2019 - 05:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72874 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Posttajj7, on 11 June 2019 - 01:43 PM, said:

Less then 5K FV's on EU atm. Almost 30K 907's. Tho when the FV was rewarded, was that a multi stager reward event like the past? As in you could pick between 2-3 tanks? As 5K is a bit less then I would have expected. But I don't see to many of the FV's anymore. I can't even recall the last time I did see one. 

But... unlike some of the other tanks mentioned here. At least this has a cupola you can have a chance to pen up close. And if he does angle the hull, you might see the plate above tracks being 190mm effective suddenly. So at least you have a chance to bully this vs the 300mm effective cupola if your shots goes one pixel off on the 430U and 907. 

View Post4ztec, on 11 June 2019 - 11:53 AM, said:

Why is WG afraid to properly buff STB-1 and Leopard 1 while we have T95/FV4201?

Keep in mind you are comparing a HT to several meds. And sure two of those meds have more cupola armor vs the FV... but still. It's the FV's job to bounce shots. Even tho the 430U does it too.

That and CW tanks are special tanks. They are not protected from nerfing like premium tanks are. But as 90% of the people that own one has a high WN8. It's not always easy to "balance" it vs a tier X med driven by mostly tomatoes like the Leo 1 with 100x more in population vs the CW tanks with only a few K pr server. Sure they can still nerf it easy with an armor nerf. But still.

tajj7 #18 Posted 11 June 2019 - 06:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28211 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Post4ztec, on 11 June 2019 - 03:53 PM, said:

Completely wrong. It's the fact that the reward is an overpowered tank that gives an unfair advantage.

It's funny how all those T95 owners join the thread to defend their precious T95 by telling that everyone can get it.

Olympic gold medals are a good example by the way. How is a handicapped, injured, physically weak or hard working person able to earn a gold medal? I would like to see that happen.

They get a gold medal in the paralympics? And you do realise some people get Olympic gold medals through sheer hard work and dedication, there are multiple sports out there that are just about endurance, practice and training. 

None of you are handicapped from get a CWs reward tank, so its a stupid comparison.

EVERYONE has access to them and pretty much everyone who has some tier 10s could get one with enough effort put in, especially as they now do bond auctions for them as well, which is again basically about playing lots, so you don't even have to be good or even play that many CW games, just join a clan earn a few points and have some bonds stocked up. 

The tanks need to be nerfed, there is no doubt about that, but restricting them from game modes because a load of people can't be arsed to put the effort in to get them is stupid.

Its a whole 'I can't get one so no one should have them' selfish attitude. 

I see no threads complaining about 121bs or M60s, should they be banned as well? 

People earned their reward tanks, they should be allowed to play them in whatever mode they like, the tanks just need to be better balanced. 

TheDrownedApe #19 Posted 11 June 2019 - 06:35 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 49610 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
:trollface::popcorn:

Dragos_CS #20 Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:21 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 22639 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND

907 is about in line with current power levels. Was OP 2 years ago. Not anymore. Chieftain is OP for sure, but so are some tech tree tanks. Youre only salty about this one cause you dont have it.

Nobody stopped you from playing CW campaigns, you just didnt want or were not good enough/didnt have time to get one. Tough luck. There will be more campaigns, grab one then.

It wont get nerfed for 3 reasons :

1) low player population, a nerf cant be statistically backed

2) CW needs some beefy rewards or nobody will bother participating

3) its not blatantly overpowered enough to annoy people on the rare occasion they see it in randoms, its essentially a faster sconq with some tradeoffs.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users