WZ-111-5A WZ-111-1-4

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

DiSaBor #1 Posted 11 June 2019 - 02:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20332 battles
  • [OTZ-] OTZ-

Hi fellow tankers. I really need some help about the mighty WZ-111-5A.

Question: what’s the main difference, play-style wise, between WZ-111-1-4 and WZ-111-5A?

5A is a direct upgrade from the 1-4, according to many guides. The 1-4 used to be my best performing heavy tank, I really thought I would rock it when I got the 5A, since I would always be top tier.

The thing is, with the same hull and the gold spamming at tier X, 5A is butter. And the same alpha makes trade less in favor. And I don’t know why but most of the time I just cannot do a thing in the game, and it happens to me to do 1 win out of 9 in a session.

Stats-wise, I barely do 200 more dmg in 5A than in 1-4 in average, and winrate drops respectively from 55% to 47%. And actually I lose confidence in it and am unwilling to touch it again…

I being the same person playing both tanks, must be the main reason for the performance difference.

Do you feel a big difference between both tanks? Play-style wise, what would I do to improve the gameplay?

Tanks in advance

IIBenniII #2 Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 17934 battles
  • [WASNT] WASNT
Not that im very good at TierX but from my point of view the reason is very simple: Playing at TierX is way more challenging than at Tier9. In this case i dont think it has anything to do with the tank (considering the 5A is way more powerful than the 1-4). Youre always TopTier which means you must deliver to win the game. Especially in tanks like the 5a, which require a agressive playstyle to be successful with it. People are also way more experienced. And there are other very strong tanks at TierX, like the Super Conq, 430u, 260...You dont have these competitors at lower Tiers.

JOSEBA_PRIME #3 Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20146 battles
  • [7SENS] 7SENS

View PostDiSaBor, on 11 June 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

Hi fellow tankers. I really need some help about the mighty WZ-111-5A.

Question: what’s the main difference, play-style wise, between WZ-111-1-4 and WZ-111-5A?

5A is a direct upgrade from the 1-4, according to many guides. The 1-4 used to be my best performing heavy tank, I really thought I would rock it when I got the 5A, since I would always be top tier.

The thing is, with the same hull and the gold spamming at tier X, 5A is butter. And the same alpha makes trade less in favor. And I don’t know why but most of the time I just cannot do a thing in the game, and it happens to me to do 1 win out of 9 in a session.

Stats-wise, I barely do 200 more dmg in 5A than in 1-4 in average, and winrate drops respectively from 55% to 47%. And actually I lose confidence in it and am unwilling to touch it again…

I being the same person playing both tanks, must be the main reason for the performance difference.

Do you feel a big difference between both tanks? Play-style wise, what would I do to improve the gameplay?

Tanks in advance

My numbers with 5a are not very good, specially bc I used to play with AP, and I am not able to make 4k, 5k AVG dmg, as some players have on this tank. But it's a tank I  am  loving since the 1st batle I played with it. 

To perform with this tank spam full Heat and play like a medium or very safe heavy using your depresion correctly. Vs tier 8 you have armour but vs tier 10 you are made of paper, even turret armour is bad against HEAT.  With 1-4 you are not fighting vs 12 tier X tanks + 3 X clickers, that's the diference betwen 1-4 and 5-a. On 5A you have  much more dpm, gun handling, depresion, HP...  but armour wise is almost the same tank having 1 more tier mm.

Previous tier 9 mm was godlike, so usually fighting with 1-4 vs tier 7 and 8 you were able to press w and go front. With 5a you cant go front except you fight against lower tiers and IS-4 or so.

sabre_ferret #4 Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21985 battles
  • [BC-X] BC-X
For the first time ever I'm ignoring an unlocked tier X on discount.  I got my fingers burned so hard with the 113 that I'm just going to retrain the crew (113 got rage-sold hard) for one of the lights.  

Also tagged with WZ-111-5A, WZ-111-1-4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users