Jump to content


PowJay's simple guide to how it is.

Tinfoil Loosing NOOB

  • Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

TankkiPoju #21 Posted 12 June 2019 - 11:27 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 22771 battles
  • 6,967
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View Postarthurwellsley, on 12 June 2019 - 10:11 AM, said:

 

I to woke early this morning, but what I got off my chest was a good looking nubile blond woman, once peeled off the fun began.

 

Plot twist: It's the family's pet golden retriever :hiding:



DuncaN_101 #22 Posted 12 June 2019 - 11:34 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 55236 battles
  • 2,868
  • [TEC] TEC
  • Member since:
    07-29-2011

View Postarthurwellsley, on 12 June 2019 - 10:11 AM, said:

 

I to woke early this morning, but what I got off my chest was a good looking nubile blond woman, once peeled off the fun began.

Does Mrs Wellesley know about this then? 



Bora_BOOM #23 Posted 12 June 2019 - 11:48 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 27203 battles
  • 3,600
  • [DID0] DID0
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 12 June 2019 - 10:24 AM, said:

 

Has anyone seen arthurwellsley and Bulldog Drummond together?  Do we know they aren't the same person?

 

You need to add Sean Connery, Rambo III and Mother Teresa. We have ran a thorough clan investigation and still not sure. :facepalm:

 

On topic: +1


Edited by Bora_BOOM, 12 June 2019 - 11:49 AM.


arthurwellsley #24 Posted 12 June 2019 - 12:54 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 53837 battles
  • 3,939
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 12 June 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

 

Those plastic blow up dolls really stick to the skin don't they

 

(joke joke)

No personal experience but I'll take you word for it.

 

View PostTungstenHitman, on 12 June 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

 

So you fell asleep on the job? Goes for a change I suppose, traditionally it's women that fall asleep with the guy on top... unless of course you were making reference to an image of hot blonde on your chest and that was a skin mag you had to peel off your chest. Makes more sense now actually. 

To be fair she hurt her left shoulder recently and has found sleeping more comfortable if he elevates it slightly by drapping it over me.

 

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 12 June 2019 - 10:24 AM, said:

 

Has anyone seen arthurwellsley and Bulldog Drummond together?  Do we know they aren't the same person?

We met for lunch occasionally either at his club in St.James, or mine in the Temple.

 

View PostTankkiPoju, on 12 June 2019 - 10:27 AM, said:

 

Plot twist: It's the family's pet golden retriever :hiding:

We have two Dalmatians (who remain downstairs).

 

View PostDuncaN_101, on 12 June 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

Does Mrs Wellesley know about this then? 

Thankfully I had the good sense (and was lucky she said yes) to marry Ms Wellsley, and we have lived happily everafter, although she does sometimes ridicule me for playing tanks in the evening.



jack_timber #25 Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:16 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 38400 battles
  • 2,989
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

View Postarthurwellsley, on 12 June 2019 - 09:11 AM, said:

 

I to woke early this morning, but what I got off my chest was a good looking nubile blond woman, once peeled off the fun began.

 

Yes when I awoke this morning I felt like a twenty year old, quite impressive as I am 66, unfortunately couldn't find one only the wife:(

arthurwellsley #26 Posted 12 June 2019 - 01:36 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 53837 battles
  • 3,939
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View Postjack_timber, on 12 June 2019 - 12:16 PM, said:

 

Yes when I awoke this morning I felt like a twenty year old, quite impressive as I am 66, unfortunately couldn't find one only the wife:(

 

I went for a medical a couple of years ago. Nurse "Mr Wellsley you are as fit as the average twenty three year old". My face clearly lit up with joy as I am considerably older than that. Nurse "Please don't over excite yourself Mr Wellsley, the average twenty three year old is now very unfit". That was me put back in my box.

TungstenHitman #27 Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:23 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 28904 battles
  • 5,328
  • [POOLS] POOLS
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016


LCpl_Jones #28 Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:27 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 12535 battles
  • 1,226
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    06-17-2017

has powjay considered joining the Dingers ?

 

clearly a WG shill :trollface:



vasilinhorulezz #29 Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:43 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25101 battles
  • 1,717
  • Member since:
    09-26-2014
+1 for the effort, although, good luck trying to educate the idiots.

ReleaseToIdle #30 Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:00 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1401 battles
  • 19
  • Member since:
    03-29-2019

So, are there OP tanks? Is it ok if there are OP tanks in the game? Is it ok that there is p2w ammo in the game? Or the universal answer is that "there are good players and bad players"?

 



Joggaman #31 Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:11 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 25036 battles
  • 6,851
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View PostLCpl_Jones, on 12 June 2019 - 02:27 PM, said:

has powjay considered joining the Dingers ?

 

clearly a WG shill :trollface:

 

I only read the OP because of the NOOB tag, but I didn't find anything about The Dingers in here:(

PowJay #32 Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:18 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 38938 battles
  • 5,080
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

View PostReleaseToIdle, on 12 June 2019 - 02:00 PM, said:

So, are there OP tanks? Is it ok if there are OP tanks in the game? Is it ok that there is p2w ammo in the game? Or the universal answer is that "there are good players and bad players"?

 

 

Are there OP tanks?


WHY are they OP? would be the first question. The answer would seem to be that they are powerful in one area that makes them unbalanced, or powerful in a way that means that they are at a tier that they are not suited for.

 

I am not prepared to offer an answer as I don't believe that many tanks are OP. Yes, some are better than others- for reasons that I don't fully understand. Whenever WG explains how they have balanced something, all I see is another tank totally borked. Many players who examine stats explain win curves and other graphic explanations, but I don't quite get it.


One thing I know is that there are tanks I can play and tanks that I cannot. The KV-1 is often cited as a noob-friendly tank. Check my stats from owning it three times and see if that is true. I am not saying that it is officially OP, but it is supposed to be a straightforward tank to play/win with. Can I play it successfully? Nope.


The other thing I know is that you can give a noob an OP tank and he will still be a noob. He will just be a noob with an OP tank.

I'd like someone else to explain these complexities as I get the principals, but not the finer details of specific vehicles. Cheers, whoever you might be to do that for me :great:



Kozzy #33 Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:24 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 41550 battles
  • 3,102
  • [RINSE] RINSE
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

View PostReleaseToIdle, on 12 June 2019 - 02:00 PM, said:

So, are there OP tanks? Is it ok if there are OP tanks in the game? Is it ok that there is p2w ammo in the game? Or the universal answer is that "there are good players and bad players"?

 

 

There are OP tanks obj252, E25, obj907, T95/FV4201 etc... Not sure anyone likes the idea of premium ammo and most are in agreement that it should be reworked(heavily) or removed and tanks re balanced accordingly.  There are also good players and bad players.



PowJay #34 Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:28 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 38938 battles
  • 5,080
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

View PostKozzy, on 12 June 2019 - 02:24 PM, said:

 

There are OP tanks obj252, E25, obj907, T95/FV4201 etc... Not sure anyone likes the idea of premium ammo and most are in agreement that it should be reworked(heavily) or removed and tanks re balanced accordingly.  There are also good players and bad players.

 

There's a popular one, alright and one I mentioned in my OP.

Nonetheless, it does take an experienced TD player to get the best out of it, IMHO, and I am an experienced TD player with most of my battles in this class. Other people simply cannot get the best out of it and unless it is universally game-breaking, then I don't see it as OP.


 

That final part is my opinion, of course. ;)



parim1331 #35 Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:22 PM

    Polish Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 6647 battles
  • 742
  • Member since:
    05-11-2012

View Postr00barb, on 12 June 2019 - 09:50 AM, said:

....any of the tinfoil milliners....

 

:teethhappy:

 

View PostPowJay, on 12 June 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

 

Are there OP tanks?


WHY are they OP? would be the first question. The answer would seem to be that they are powerful in one area that makes them unbalanced, or powerful in a way that means that they are at a tier that they are not suited for.

 

I am not prepared to offer an answer as I don't believe that many tanks are OP. Yes, some are better than others- for reasons that I don't fully understand. Whenever WG explains how they have balanced something, all I see is another tank totally borked. Many players who examine stats explain win curves and other graphic explanations, but I don't quite get it.


One thing I know is that there are tanks I can play and tanks that I cannot. The KV-1 is often cited as a noob-friendly tank. Check my stats from owning it three times and see if that is true. I am not saying that it is officially OP, but it is supposed to be a straightforward tank to play/win with. Can I play it successfully? Nope.


The other thing I know is that you can give a noob an OP tank and he will still be a noob. He will just be a noob with an OP tank.

I'd like someone else to explain these complexities as I get the principals, but not the finer details of specific vehicles. Cheers, whoever you might be to do that for me :great:

 

Of course there are machines that are either easier, or harder to play with, this is a fact. However, in my humble opinion, one must take into account that at the end of the day, the biggest balancing factor for a certain tank is a player.



Suurpolskija #36 Posted 12 June 2019 - 05:49 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 22815 battles
  • 2,194
  • [KANKI] KANKI
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016
You SMARTED! :medal:

wsatnutter #37 Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:11 PM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 26242 battles
  • 9,308
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

View Postparim1331, on 12 June 2019 - 03:22 PM, said:

 

:teethhappy:

 

 

Of course there are machines that are either easier, or harder to play with, this is a fact. However, in my humble opinion, one must take into account that at the end of the day, the biggest balancing factor for a certain tank is a player.

 

aint that the truth

Sfinski #38 Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:28 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 35416 battles
  • 3,404
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013

View Postparim1331, on 12 June 2019 - 05:22 PM, said:

 

:teethhappy:

 

 

Of course there are machines that are either easier, or harder to play with, this is a fact. However, in my humble opinion, one must take into account that at the end of the day, the biggest balancing factor for a certain tank is a player.

 

Yes, yes, a good player will perform as well in RHM Pzw. as they will in 279e. Not much difference performance wise.

 

...

 

Is this something that all WG employees have to say mandated by your contracts, cause that's exactly what Eekeeboo said? And complete BS might I add.



SuedKAT #39 Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:32 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,953
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View Postparim1331, on 12 June 2019 - 04:22 PM, said:

 

:teethhappy:

 

 

Of course there are machines that are either easier, or harder to play with, this is a fact. However, in my humble opinion, one must take into account that at the end of the day, the biggest balancing factor for a certain tank is a player.

 

Statistics tells us otherwise and frankly I trust statistical evidence a lot more than a personal opinion.

Lagalaza #40 Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:36 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7042 battles
  • 215
  • [D-ANG] D-ANG
  • Member since:
    08-11-2018
Great post OP. +1 from me.





Also tagged with Tinfoil, Loosing, NOOB

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users