Having two accounts

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Tyrrenus #1 Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:15 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15381 battles

Not sure this is the right section of the forum to post this, hope it is.

Question: is it possible to have two accounts on the same computer? I have one account, which is a premium account. I’d like to create another account - a non premium account - for my partner, who lives with me but doesn’t have a computer and would like to try WoT. 

Can i I do that or would I end up banned forever??

DaddysLittlePrincess #2 Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:19 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28791 battles
  • [_RO] _RO
Yes, no problem with that. WG game center even let you save multiple account info.

Nethraniel #3 Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:20 AM

Major

• Player
  • 14542 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Short, yes.

Longer, yes you can.

Does not matter, if you have several accounts, each with own email, you can switch accounts as often as you want.

Account sharing is forbidden. So one account several users.

Jumping_Turtle #4 Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:23 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 69445 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT
The wargaming game launcher even supports multiple accounts so I dont see any reason why not as long as you dont do any other illegal stuff.

PowJay #5 Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:24 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 39886 battles
All you need is a unique email address for each user and you can allow as many players as you like to play on one PC. There are three in my household. 

Tyrrenus #6 Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:27 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15381 battles
Oh thanks guys for the quick replies. :)

DaddysLittlePrincess #7 Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28791 battles
  • [_RO] _RO

View PostNethraniel, on 13 June 2019 - 07:20 AM, said:

Account sharing is forbidden. 

I'd actually like to see official info on that. 

Tyrrenus #8 Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:29 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15381 battles

View PostDaddysLittlePrincess, on 13 June 2019 - 08:28 AM, said:

account sharing means 2 person playing with the same login email?

8126Jakobsson #9 Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:31 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 78934 battles
Sharing isn't forbidden but they don't like it due to security risk reasons. 

spamhamstar #10 Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:33 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [WIKD] WIKD

View PostDaddysLittlePrincess, on 13 June 2019 - 07:28 AM, said:

5. Using the Game

5.1 In return for your acceptance of this EULA, we give you the personal right (known as a ‘licence’;) during the time this EULA is in force between you and us to download, install and play the Game.

5.2 This licence is:

• (d) ‘non-transferable’ (meaning that the licence is only for your benefit and you may not transfer or sub-licence any of the rights that we grant to you to any other person

http://legal.eu.wargaming.net/en/eula/

View PostTyrrenus, on 13 June 2019 - 07:29 AM, said:

account sharing means 2 person playing with the same login email?

That's right.  You can have an account each on the same PC, but you can't both use the same account.

Edited by spamhamstar, 13 June 2019 - 08:35 AM.

Nethraniel #11 Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:35 AM

Major

• Player
  • 14542 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postspamhamstar, on 13 June 2019 - 08:33 AM, said:

5. Using the Game

5.1 In return for your acceptance of this EULA, we give you the personal right (known as a ‘licence’;) during the time this EULA is in force between you and us to download, install and play the Game.

5.2 This licence is:

• (d) ‘non-transferable’ (meaning that the licence is only for your benefit and you may not transfer or sub-licence any of the rights that we grant to you to any other person

http://legal.eu.wargaming.net/en/eula/

Thank you, was just going to post that.

And from the TOS:

Account Sharing

5.6 You must keep all information relating to your Account confidential. At no time should you disclose your Account ID or password, secret question or answer to anyone. This includes your friends, children, spouses, co-workers, clan members, and/or clan leaders.

5.7 You may, under circumstances, be responsible for the conduct and actions using your Account and for all breaches of these Terms of Service committed by using your Account which are due your culpable omissions or conduct as regards your Account information. We shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage arising from any unauthorised use of your Account or any unauthorised access, use, alteration, modification and/or disclosure of your personal information based on your culpable omissions or conduct as regards your Account information.

Edited by Nethraniel, 13 June 2019 - 08:37 AM.

Geno1isme #12 Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:45 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48124 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 13 June 2019 - 09:31 AM, said:

Sharing isn't forbidden but they don't like it due to security risk reasons. 

It is officially forbidden, but is generally not enforced in any way even when WG is told explicitly about it (e.g. the usual account shuffling during CW campaigns in some clans). Because obviously they don't want to loose good customers.

spamhamstar #13 Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:46 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [WIKD] WIKD

View PostNethraniel, on 13 June 2019 - 07:35 AM, said:

And from the TOS:

Account Sharing

5.6 You must keep all information relating to your Account confidential. At no time should you disclose your Account ID or password, secret question or answer to anyone. This includes your friends, children, spouses, co-workers, clan members, and/or clan leaders.

5.7 You may, under circumstances, be responsible for the conduct and actions using your Account and for all breaches of these Terms of Service committed by using your Account which are due your culpable omissions or conduct as regards your Account information. We shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage arising from any unauthorised use of your Account or any unauthorised access, use, alteration, modification and/or disclosure of your personal information based on your culpable omissions or conduct as regards your Account information.

No worries. 

I'd guess the reason is so that everyone playing the game has agreed to the EULA, which you only do when installing the game, after an update, or when creating a new account.  WG can only sanction players who have agreed to the EULA, meaning if I was allowed to let my girlfriend use my account & she was naughty they could only sanction me for it as they have no agreement with her & no way to punish her without affecting me. 

Besides the more accounts the better as far as WG are concerned as they claim they have over 60 million registered accounts, but I highly doubt that equals 60 million individual players.

8126Jakobsson #14 Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:52 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 78934 battles

View PostGeno1isme, on 13 June 2019 - 08:45 AM, said:

It is officially forbidden, but is generally not enforced in any way even when WG is told explicitly about it (e.g. the usual account shuffling during CW campaigns in some clans). Because obviously they don't want to loose good customers.

Yeah I see the TOS posted here (I don't read that stuff :hiding:. )  is clear about that. My understanding came from staff statements on the matter here on the forums. 

Edited by 8126Jakobsson, 13 June 2019 - 08:53 AM.

DaddysLittlePrincess #15 Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:56 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28791 battles
  • [_RO] _RO

@spamhamster @Nethraniel, yeah, those points are standard legal bs, and I never saw WG ban anyone for account sharing. But recently this blog post showed up: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2019/06/11/psa-wargaming-eula-changes-next-ban-wave-and-wargamings-attempts-at-stopping-account-sharing/ and suddenly everyone's talking that account sharing will be penalised now. But I don't think we can treat blog post as official announcement.

/edit just noticed eekeeboo replying those are not his words, so basically we can ignore this post and I think I'll ignore TAP altogether :)

Edited by DaddysLittlePrincess, 13 June 2019 - 09:07 AM.

Jumping_Turtle #16 Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:11 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 69445 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostDaddysLittlePrincess, on 13 June 2019 - 08:56 AM, said:

@spamhamster @Nethraniel, yeah, those points are standard legal bs, and I never saw WG ban anyone for account sharing. But recently this blog post showed up: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2019/06/11/psa-wargaming-eula-changes-next-ban-wave-and-wargamings-attempts-at-stopping-account-sharing/ and suddenly everyone's talking that account sharing will be penalised now. But I don't think we can treat blog post as official announcement.

/edit just noticed eekeeboo replying those are not his words, so basically we can ignore this post and I think I'll ignore TAP altogether :)

I think that is more because it is about the sandbox server. Is has been always in the rules, but we were told here on the forum they allow it just dont expect any help from wargaming when it goes wrong.

I even saw a youtube video yesterday from a meme advance where Dakillzor got an hour ban from the game due to teamdamage and he just asked for another login and played on.

I dont think wargaming has many problems with it if it is not about testing/secret stuff or things others make money off (like boosting sites and or sold clanspots)

Balc0ra #17 Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:17 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72874 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostDaddysLittlePrincess, on 13 June 2019 - 08:28 AM, said:

How about the biggest Russian streamer that got banned last week for sharing his sandbox account to others. It's been in the rules for ages. Having multible non shared accounts on one PC is however not against the rules. WG even have buttons for account changes in the client, and it saves all the login info so you can easily swap via game center. 

Nethraniel #18 Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:21 AM

Major

• Player
  • 14542 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDaddysLittlePrincess, on 13 June 2019 - 08:56 AM, said:

You just asked, where it is forbidden. ;) And not enforcing rules does not make breaking them 'legal'. They could, if they would bother, at any time.

LordMuffin #19 Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:58 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 52674 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostNethraniel, on 13 June 2019 - 08:35 AM, said:

And from the TOS:

Account Sharing

The use the word 'should', in this case I read it as, you shouldn't do it, but we won't stop you not punish you if you do. Neither can we help with issues if you do.

Nethraniel #20 Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:27 AM

Major

• Player
  • 14542 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostLordMuffin, on 13 June 2019 - 09:58 AM, said:

The use the word 'should', in this case I read it as, you shouldn't do it, but we won't stop you not punish you if you do. Neither can we help with issues if you do.

First sentence is a must. And the EULA is more specific. Here, they clearly state, that they are not legally responsible for what you do with your account.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users