Toxic Chat

Racist Toxic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Floppy_Lobster #1 Posted 13 June 2019 - 02:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2771 battles

Just wondering why wot allow people like the one I've highlighted to carry on week after week spamming racist remarks despite the numerous times I have sent screen shots and reported this player to them. Before you say block him I just left him unblocked to see if he was doing this week after week, all I get is a copy and paste reply to it, so if they are aware of players like this in chat?? why don't they take any action to stop him from doing so?. The chats mods only appear for a few hours and are offline by 10pm UK time so then the spamming starts up again none English etc, I use chat because I like to chat to the guys for advice etc.

Question is would you guys like to see the chat improved? if so what would you like to see done to it?

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_002.jpg   63.63K

Aimless #2 Posted 13 June 2019 - 02:49 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 24015 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Why are you even looking at the general chat? Just stay away and prevent yourself from being banned for nothing and/or losing your sanity and faith in humankind.

TheDrownedApe #3 Posted 13 June 2019 - 02:49 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 49553 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

Because they can't see everything all the time.  I think they try, and do, well enough (by my amount of chat bans for NON racist behaviour):angry:

Just move on fella, you will find them everywhere and the last thing we should do is give them a voice

Xandania #4 Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42798 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

The general chat is a window into the dark parts of the human psyche - just treat it as a zoo - watch but never touch, feed or otherwise interact with those inside.

From time to time a moderator is in there, but then people play "how fast can I get banned" with him....

SaintMaddenus #5 Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:17 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38052 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I avoid it like the plague, it is a nasty place.  You are right, why allow them?  If they ban this one someone else will take up the challenge.  the supply of idiots is endless.

Tyrrenus #6 Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15381 battles
The one best thing I have done since I play this game is to have switched off any chat and any way other human beings can interact with me. In a perfect world a chat would be a great place where to share thoughts and fun, but sadly this isn’t a perfect world and clearly there’s plenty of persons who, behind the anonymity of a nickname, enjoy being a-holes. The internet is packed full with them

Rati_Festa #7 Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 49270 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostTheDrownedApe, on 13 June 2019 - 02:49 PM, said:

Because they can't see everything all the time. 

They can see everything all the time... its digital. That screenshot clearly had a swear word in, you would think that would flag up somewhere really wouldn't you?

They can't see everything all the time, because they don't try.

ThinGun #8 Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:47 PM

Major

• Player
  • 40084 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
If children want to feel grownup and use bad words, then just let them.  No-one's forcing you to read that drivel.

Bracciano_gatto #9 Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2916 battles
Send to WG under hate speech/comments, which is NOT tolerated by WG, offenders might get a nice vacation.

spamhamstar #10 Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:50 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [WIKD] WIKD

View PostFloppy_Lobster, on 13 June 2019 - 01:43 PM, said:

Just wondering why wot allow people like the one I've highlighted to carry on week after week spamming racist remarks despite the numerous times I have sent screen shots and reported this player to them. Before you say block him I just left him unblocked to see if he was doing this week after week, all I get is a copy and paste reply to it, so if they are aware of players like this in chat?? why don't they take any action to stop him from doing so?. The chats mods only appear for a few hours and are offline by 10pm UK time so then the spamming starts up again none English etc, I use chat because I like to chat to the guys for advice etc.

Question is would you guys like to see the chat improved? if so what would you like to see done to it?

You're more likely to get your own account name forcibly changed for having the word "floppy" in it than you are of WG sorting out general chat. 

If you want to use general chat you're going to need thicker skin as the majority posting there are either spamming or griefing anytime I've ventured in. 

Remember racist posts always say more about the person posting them than they do about any minority they may think are in need of persecution.  Stupid comments on the internet don't really hurt anyone even if they're not nice to hear, especially if you happen to be part of a minority they have taken exception to in their ignorance.  So not only are they displaying to the world that they're stupid, but they're also wasting their time.  Nobody worth knowing is going to take them seriously.

So have a laugh at them & move on would be my advice.  Their life will still suck tomorrow, but at least they gave you a laugh so they're not entirely pointless any more.

P.S. I think there's an option you can turn on to filter the chat in settings somewhere.  I've never tried it so can't say how effective it is.

hierrark #11 Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:50 PM

Veteran

• Veteran
  • 1629 battles
  • [BII] BII

Greetings,

As said above, any issue with a behavior in the tchat is to be reported to the Customer Service with screenshot or replay, they will deal with it.

Locking this thread.

o7 Commanders.

Hierrark

Also tagged with Racist, Toxic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users