Older version of WoT

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Vampiric_H4mster #1 Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9893 battles

Hi,

Does anyone have a genuine link to the previous version of WoT in mabye dropbox or some file dl site other than a torrent?

I have a number of video clips and they are no longer compatible.

There is a thread which links to a site that has utorrents - so I installed utorrent from filehippo and it installed many other applications and malware..Safebrowsers, adblocker(as if) it reconfigured firefox to so that it uses Bing not google..Argh..

Then the link did not work...

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help

arthurwellsley #2 Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 54060 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

1. Open WG game centre

2. Look for tab at the top that says "World of Tanks Classic" you need patch 0.7.0.1301

3. If the tab is not present go to "All Games" tab, if Classic does not appear as a download tile use "Install game by ID" option and type in = World_of_Tanks_Classic

4. Download it.

Edited by arthurwellsley, 13 June 2019 - 09:51 PM.

SuedKAT #3 Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:52 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Uninstall Utorrent and everything you installed to be able to run torrents and then run a malware search to be sure that you got rid of everything, Utorrent used to be the go to torrent client in the past but now it's just adware garbage.

I assume you're talking about this site and to my knowledge it's the only database of old WoT versions:

http://wot.djgappa.com/

I just tried a random torrent and it's seeded, in other words someone is uploading the files you requested and the one seeding the files is using a torrent client called qBittorrent which is a good choice of client to use, there are however many good torrent clients to choose from, personally I've stuck with Transmission since I came across it in some Linux distro years ago and it's pretty much as easy you can get.

Here is a link: https://transmissionbt.com/download/ 

You most likely want "transmission-2.94-x64.msi" assuming you got a 64bit Windows OS which is highly likely.

Vampiric_H4mster #4 Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9893 battles

Yup thats the site - djgappa - it seems legit and was talked about in the forum and I got that thread from posting a ticket to support.

Taken 30minutes+ to restore chrome back to how it was. Argh..

And many thanks Arthur - will try that now.

Excellent help and advice from you both.

21:27 Added after 3 minutes

View Postarthurwellsley, on 13 June 2019 - 09:50 PM, said:

1. Open WG game centre

2. Look for tab at the top that says "World of Tanks Classic" you need patch 0.7.0.1301

3. If the tab is not present go to "All Games" tab, if Classic does not appear as a download tile use "Install game by ID" option and type in = World_of_Tanks_Classic

4. Download it.

"This game is not supported by Wargaming.net Game Center (9002)"

Dorander #5 Posted 13 June 2019 - 11:07 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

You installed a program and it set your default search engine to Bing??? That's the worst piece of malware I've ever heard of. :ohmy:

On an unrelated note, always look at what checkboxes installers have ticked by default, just don't click "next next next yes next OK".

Edited by Dorander, 13 June 2019 - 11:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users