• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Weak_man #21 Posted 14 June 2019 - 10:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7892 battles
  • [AMURG] AMURG

View PostAhch_To, on 14 June 2019 - 08:23 AM, said:

Seems Scorpion is very popular. Is it noob-friendly , asking as a new player ?

Will you recommend me to buy it?

It is a good tank even against tier x if it is used well but you cannot be aggresive not even against tier 6.

It is also good credit maker, my favorite one but is not nob friendly. As other say, spotted skorpion is dead scorpion in seconds. Also arty can one shot you.

Badz360 #22 Posted 14 June 2019 - 11:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20186 battles

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 14 June 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

I struggled a lot with the Tier 6 which was enough for me to stop there, need to pluck up some courage if i want to continue up that line lol

I found the Tier VII a good tank to play. Decent stats and 59% w/r (decent for me at least) backed up the feeling. I have only had a few stock games in the Tier VIII, but have heard the higher tiers are the best of the tree, so might be worth persevering.

SlyMeerkat #23 Posted 14 June 2019 - 01:22 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18636 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

View PostBadz360, on 14 June 2019 - 10:37 AM, said:

I found the Tier VII a good tank to play. Decent stats and 59% w/r (decent for me at least) backed up the feeling. I have only had a few stock games in the Tier VIII, but have heard the higher tiers are the best of the tree, so might be worth persevering.

Oh I will get round to doing it again for sure :)

Edited by SlyMeerkat, 14 June 2019 - 01:23 PM.

PsYholek #24 Posted 14 June 2019 - 01:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14097 battles

I found bug at offer content when going from the lanucher shows 0 gold insted of 15k. :D

But only in Polish language. 

Edited by PsYholek, 14 June 2019 - 01:39 PM.

ramboj69 #25 Posted 14 June 2019 - 01:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 35221 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6
the T8 polish heavy worked extremely well for me and is in my top 3 average xp, maybe i just got lucky with the MM but it felt awesome to play with nice alpha and can bounce when hulldown, heard bad things about the t9 so not brought it yet but i seem to enjoy the tanks ppl hate like the 65T so might just buy it anyway lol 

Sir_Armand #26 Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20743 battles
  • [FILO2] FILO2

View PostCobra6, on 14 June 2019 - 07:27 AM, said:

Oh look, the Skorpion again....

I've had a gut feeling for a long time and I finally did a count Today.

In this announcement section on the first page there are 45 "News" articles and of those, 19 are "Please give us more cash"..... Nearly 50% is begging for cash.

Maybe......just *maybe* focus more on genuine news rather than rubbles.

Cobra 6

WG don't care about EU content. EU is only a cash cow for EU to milk Russian content out of.

mario_awario #27 Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23117 battles

View PostAhch_To, on 14 June 2019 - 06:23 AM, said:

I highly recommend getting this TD, as I'm now stuck at MT-15 mission for T55A and the more high tier TD drivers out there, the better are my chances to finally nail it ;)

Admiral_Bleiente #28 Posted 14 June 2019 - 03:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6633 battles

View PostAhch_To, on 14 June 2019 - 07:23 AM, said:

The last time the Scorp was "free for testing" I gave it a try. Well ... let`s phrase my impressions this way:

• it is quite mobile, has a turret and a big mean gun. A very nice rounded package. 
  • BUT, the Scorp is huge and as stealthy as a barn. If you ever wondered why Scops are usually hugging the map borders, that`s why. After a shot you are visible across the whole map. With bad luck you remain a one-shot-wonder (after the 1st shot you wonder who killed you so fast :)). 

If you are not sure, wait until you can test it before you may waste 40 bucks on it. 

Edited by Admiral_Bleiente, 14 June 2019 - 03:54 PM.

Inappropriate_noob #29 Posted 14 June 2019 - 04:03 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 17518 battles

View PostRust_In_Peace_, on 14 June 2019 - 06:16 AM, said:

Guys, any opinion about 50TP prot? I hesitate to buy it or not. They said it's a Defender 2.0, but I'm not sure about that. Thanks in advance. 

I bough it back last year on that exact same premise, DO NOT, waste your money, it is NOT the Defender 2!!!!!:angry:

I took in several training rooms to see how it stood up against other tanks by my then clan, eve tier 6 tanks can penetrate it, and from any angle it was nerfed before it was released, I sold mine in absolute disgust.

Rust_In_Peace_ #30 Posted 15 June 2019 - 04:22 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19089 battles
Thank you all guys! Then my money is secured now from wasting. :)

Edited by Rust_In_Peace_, 15 June 2019 - 09:51 PM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

anonym_Z2kv0BD9jwqB #31 Posted 15 June 2019 - 07:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles

Thank  you all  for your kind advice and opinion . I decided to give it a go and bought the tank.

Everything you said to me was correct,there are many perspectives trough which this tank could be  obvserved and how can game play out but I am not disappointed with this tank.

If nothing it sems it is impossible to lose credits even in worst battle.Camo net and binoculars and I park in a bush and it works for me most of the time.

Only drawback was I was criticised by other players for been to passive(camper), but I dont know where to go and If I go forward I am dead.I hope I will improve over ime.

*BTW I bought grey tank without a camo, Now I see its good to have camo paint. If I buy a standard camo painting and put it on Scorpion does it have same samouflage effect as painting with scorpion on it?

TheArk_2014 #32 Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:03 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 68085 battles
  • [_ARK_] _ARK_

View PostAhch_To, on 15 June 2019 - 06:36 AM, said:

[....]

. If I buy a standard camo painting and put it on Scorpion does it have same samouflage effect as painting with scorpion on it?

The name of this tank is Skorpion [German], the Scorpion [US] is another tank ...

... and YES, if you buy a camo-pack for your "naked" Skorpion, it will work as camouflage and it will give some concealment abilities to this TD.

:)

I see that you are new at the game, so, these web pages will be useful to you (even to a lot of the old players) ...

... spent some time on reading them ... you will learn a lot about the game.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Tanks

:honoring:

Edited by TheArk_2014, 15 June 2019 - 10:59 AM.

rimmer_the #33 Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:05 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3175 battles
  • [H-F-T] H-F-T

View PostAhch_To, on 15 June 2019 - 07:36 AM, said:

Thank  you all  for your kind advice and opinion . I decided to give it a go and bought the tank.

Everything you said to me was correct,there are many perspectives trough which this tank could be  obvserved and how can game play out but I am not disappointed with this tank.

If nothing it sems it is impossible to lose credits even in worst battle.Camo net and binoculars and I park in a bush and it works for me most of the time.

Only drawback was I was criticised by other players for been to passive(camper), but I dont know where to go and If I go forward I am dead.I hope I will improve over ime.

*BTW I bought grey tank without a camo, Now I see its good to have camo paint. If I buy a standard camo painting and put it on Scorpion does it have same samouflage effect as painting with scorpion on it?

Many players are impatient and prefer you rushing in blindly and die to sitting still. Then again, just follow the other tanks off your type if you dont know where to go. Other players (including me) expect you to know this.

sokolicc #34 Posted 17 June 2019 - 12:59 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32400 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 14 June 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

I struggled a lot with the Tier 6 which was enough for me to stop there, need to pluck up some courage if i want to continue up that line lol

You don't want. Nothing special on those tanks.

View PostAhch_To, on 15 June 2019 - 07:36 AM, said:

Why rush to tier 8 and higher anyway?

Take your time, use M10 rbfm you got from marathon (was quite ez) or other tier 5-6 tanks to learn maps and positions before you go on higher tiers. It's cheaper and you have much harder time on high tiers than on mid to low tier games. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users