Best premium tank on sale?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Nitro_Tank #1 Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:16 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6756 battles

Hey guys, i've been thinking of buying myself a premium tank so i can farm some gold for upcoming big purchases. Which of the tanks currently on sale are in your opinion the best? I have tried the Strv S1 and liked it so far, any good experiences with that tank? Or should i wait for another tank that isnt currently sold to reappear, like the Progetto?

Thanks for your help!

JCD3nton #2 Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:26 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27794 battles

Skorpion G.

High alpha and pen. Accurate gun. It has a turret. You can play it like a TD and MT at the same time. It's also mobile as a LT.

Edited by JCD3nton, 14 June 2019 - 02:27 PM.

Mosjmosh #3 Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 41230 battles
For making credits, I would say anything with good penetration on it's standard round. Strv S1 and Skorpion G (which happens to be on sale) have very good standard rounds. Although they are paper and needs to be played thoughtfully.
However, looking at your battlecount and that you already have a Type-59 (with a frankly, rather poor winrate). I would suggest to look at tier 5-6 premiums instead. These tiers are a good place to learn the game as the environment isn't as harsh as what you find at higher tiers. T-34-85M and Churchill III comes to mind as decent and forgiving tanks at these tiers.

Oh, and this can't be stressed enough: There is no rush to get to tier X

ExclamationMark #4 Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:30 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16788 battles
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD

What exactly are you looking for in a premium tank? Fun, ease of play, credits? You said gold, I assume you meant credits.

And in-game or through the web store?

Homer_J #5 Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32425 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Lowe.

STRV and Skorpion are good but situational and have a specific gameplay.  Lowe can always blunder up the front and make credits.

Nitro_Tank #6 Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:35 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6756 battles

View PostMosjmosh, on 14 June 2019 - 01:29 PM, said:

For making credits, I would say anything with good penetration on it's standard round. Strv S1 and Skorpion G (which happens to be on sale) have very good standard rounds. Although they are paper and needs to be played thoughtfully.
However, looking at your battlecount and that you already have a Type-59 (with a frankly, rather poor winrate). I would suggest to look at tier 5-6 premiums instead. These tiers are a good place to learn the game as the environment isn't as harsh as what you find at higher tiers. T-34-85M and Churchill III comes to mind as decent and forgiving tanks at these tiers.

Oh, and this can't be stressed enough: There is no rush to get to tier X

Be careful with your assumptions my man, i've had this account for many many years and came back from a long pause, since which ive improved my winrate and stats by alot. Back then i was a kid that didnt understand anything, now i'm an adult that does.

r00barb #7 Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

I'm confused by your desire to farm gold ... you can't farm gold in this game, you'll only earn credits in a premium tank and they're silver. Gold is the premium currency and is only available by purchasing it with actual cash or winning it in a competition. Don't get a premium tank if you want gold.

Assuming that's a typo, it really comes down to what you enjoy playing. Lots of folk rate the Spaghetto highly but I just can't gel with it. Unless you're an idiot like me who buys lots of premium tanks and then never plays them (and don't do that, it's really silly), you're going to be playing your premium tank often so it's better to have something you enjoy than a tank that's strong on paper but doesn't work for you. It shouldn't be a chore to play your premium tank, it should be something you look forward to.

Then there's consideration for crew training. It helps to get a premium that fits a regular line that you're grinding or enjoy playing because you can swap crews in from your regular tanks or train new crews. You have quite a few battles in German TDs so the Skorpion G might be a good choice, although it doesn't play quite like the regular casemate TDs that you've played (it has no armour and a turret) and can't train a full crew for the higher tiers.

Simple rule of thumb is that damage equals credits, so big alpha with low shell costs is what you want. The Skorpion fits the bill again for that, though there are alternatives. For example, I really like the Revalorisé ... but I would hesitate to recommend it to anyone else as it's got a few drawbacks you need to play around. I don't claim to be able to play around those drawbacks, I enjoy the challenge of getting a decent game.

Homer's shout of the Löwe is a decent one, the tank was buffed a little while ago and now it's a good heavy. That said, it was my first tier 8 premium and I've hardly played it in the last couple of years even with the buff because I find it boring with disappointing alpha considering the size of the thing (i.e. you're seen from the next map over so should be able to hand out spankings ... but you can't with 320 alpha) and its long reload.

Nitro_Tank #8 Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6756 battles

View Postr00barb, on 14 June 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

I'm confused by your desire to farm gold ... you can't farm gold in this game, you'll only earn credits in a premium tank and they're silver. Gold is the premium currency and is only available by purchasing it with actual cash or winning it in a competition. Don't get a premium tank if you want gold.

Assuming that's a typo, it really comes down to what you enjoy playing. Lots of folk rate the Spaghetto highly but I just can't gel with it. Unless you're an idiot like me who buys lots of premium tanks and then never plays them (and don't do that, it's really silly), you're going to be playing your premium tank often so it's better to have something you enjoy than a tank that's strong on paper but doesn't work for you. It shouldn't be a chore to play your premium tank, it should be something you look forward to.

Then there's consideration for crew training. It helps to get a premium that fits a regular line that you're grinding or enjoy playing because you can swap crews in from your regular tanks or train new crews. You have quite a few battles in German TDs so the Skorpion G might be a good choice, although it doesn't play quite like the regular casemate TDs that you've played (it has no armour and a turret) and can't train a full crew for the higher tiers.

Simple rule of thumb is that damage equals credits, so big alpha with low shell costs is what you want. The Skorpion fits the bill again for that, though there are alternatives. For example, I really like the Revalorisé ... but I would hesitate to recommend it to anyone else as it's got a few drawbacks you need to play around. I don't claim to be able to play around those drawbacks, I enjoy the challenge of getting a decent game.

Homer's shout of the Löwe is a decent one, the tank was buffed a little while ago and now it's a good heavy. That said, it was my first tier 8 premium and I've hardly played it in the last couple of years even with the buff because I find it boring with disappointing alpha considering the size of the thing (i.e. you're seen from the next map over so should be able to hand out spankings ... but you can't with 320 alpha) and its long reload.

I definitely should have clarified. Yes i meant credits, and yes i meant best in the sense of you get good results while also having fun too. I meant to weed out rather poor and boring tanks so i can better decide which one i wanna go for.

Ceeb #9 Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:55 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 32587 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostNitro_Tank, on 14 June 2019 - 01:50 PM, said:

I definitely should have clarified. Yes i meant credits, and yes i meant best in the sense of you get good results while also having fun too. I meant to weed out rather poor and boring tanks so i can better decide which one i wanna go for.

R00bard knew fine well you mean credits :)

arthurwellsley #10 Posted 14 June 2019 - 02:56 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 54060 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

1. T34-85M very strong tier for tier so most players can do well in it and thus make decent silver.

2. Lowe has high penetration and high health, as a result makes decent silver even when played by a low to average player.

3. Object 252U/Defender - because USSR stalinium armour and shells guided by Lenin.

Ceeb #11 Posted 14 June 2019 - 03:02 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 32587 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View Postarthurwellsley, on 14 June 2019 - 01:56 PM, said:

1. T34-85M very strong tier for tier so most players can do well in it and thus make decent silver.

2. Lowe has high penetration and high health, as a result makes decent silver even when played by a low to average player.

3. Object 252U/Defender - because USSR stalinium armour and shells guided by Lenin.

Its also mandatory to shout "RASHA" when snap shooting....

It works man.... i tell ya it really does

r00barb #12 Posted 14 June 2019 - 03:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

View PostNitro_Tank, on 14 June 2019 - 01:50 PM, said:

... yes i meant best in the sense of you get good results while also having fun too. I meant to weed out rather poor and boring tanks so i can better decide which one i wanna go for.

But the point I'm making is that what's fun for me might be horribly frustrating for you. As said, the Ravioli is one of my favourite tanks but I wouldn't advise anyone to get it unless you're equally as masochistic keen to find a challenge beyond the regular team-vs-team gameplay as me.

Lots of folk will point to the Skorpion G as a fun tank but I find it pretty 'meh'. IMO once you've landed a couple of big hits, it loses the fun factor but you might continue finding that fun and enjoy the challenge of relocating with the flow of battle to maximise your returns.

View PostCeeb, on 14 June 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

R00bard knew fine well you mean credits :)

If that was correct, I wouldn't have bothered with the clarification in the first place. I suspected it, hence the more complete reply, but I wasn't sure as OP appears to be a new poster and a player without much experience, which he's gone on to clarify isn't the case but that wasn't apparent from his initial question.

I don't know why you felt the need to clarify something that isn't correct but in future please remember that not everything I post is intended sarcastically or to trump another poster.

tajj7 #13 Posted 14 June 2019 - 03:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28211 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
At tier 8 Defender, Progetto, T-44-100, LT-432, Skorpion G. 

Negativvv #14 Posted 14 June 2019 - 03:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13171 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostHomer_J, on 14 June 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

Lowe.

STRV and Skorpion are good but situational and have a specific gameplay.  Lowe can always blunder up the front and make credits.

Slow tanks offend me, whilst I do have a Lowe I find not being able to flex and being g0ld penned by higher tiers upsetting.

Although it is nearly impossible to lose money with a Lowe yes.

Is anything in the normal Prem shop even that good? 

If I had my time again I'd only buy the T-34 85M, Super Pershing and Type-64. With "maybe" Lowe and Revo.

Besides with WoT Prem acc you hardly need a Prem tank anymore as there's the Reserve Stock along with the extra Credit daily rewards.

Suurpolskija #15 Posted 14 June 2019 - 03:29 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22821 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI
You say you liked S1. Buy S1. That simple. 

WhoCares01 #16 Posted 14 June 2019 - 03:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21487 battles

As somebody already suggested, the T34-85M at tier 6 is very respectable and fairly cheap as well at ~15€. But as you currently don't play Russian MTs...

Which leads to another aspect you might add to your considerations, that is, if you want to train crews while making credits. E.g. you are playing German TDs, and currently the Skorpion (G) is on offer, though the crew layout does not match (no loader on SkorpiG).

JocMeister #17 Posted 14 June 2019 - 03:40 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27883 battles
Looking quickly at your stats I would suggest something on tier 5-6. Probably Dicker Max or SU-100Y.

Rokim #18 Posted 14 June 2019 - 03:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29214 battles
Is3a.Probably only tier 8 prem tank I will ever buy since I bought lowe in 2015

facmanpob #19 Posted 14 June 2019 - 04:22 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3802 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
You currently have the BC 12t and Type 59 at Tier 8, so I would look at a decent tank to complement those 2 for Frontlines. I've been having good success with the Super Pershing and T-44-100 in FL.

OrtegaSLO #20 Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:00 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 42893 battles
  • [U-WOT] U-WOT

View PostNitro_Tank, on 14 June 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

Hey guys, i've been thinking of buying myself a premium tank so i can farm some gold for upcoming big purchases. Which of the tanks currently on sale are in your opinion the best? I have tried the Strv S1 and liked it so far, any good experiences with that tank? Or should i wait for another tank that isnt currently sold to reappear, like the Progetto?

Thanks for your help!

Scorpion G

Usually it makes around 80k credits a game. But it can go up:

http://wotreplays.eu...tall_skorpion_g

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users