T110E5 Cupola buff?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Riggerby #1 Posted 14 June 2019 - 11:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7924 battles

I really don't understand why this thing needs such an obscene horrific weakspot?

> its mobility is awful and it feels sluggish as hell, flanking is borderling impossible

> Its side and rear armour is literal paper, its lower plate is awful and its turret ring, and even its UFP is useless to most T10 guns.

> Its guns alpha is genuinely an embarrassment for a tier 10 heavy and it dosen't even have the DPM to compensate for the fact it cannot trade (it just feels really bad too... seems like every single time you press that trigger the shell goes to the very very very side of the aim circle 

I dont understand why such a poor to mediocre at best tank needs such a massive offensive weakspot ?. Why is it not enough just to make the Lower plate the only weakspot ? (Like how it is on ALMOST EVERY SINGLE OTHER T10 HEAVY!!!).  I dont understand why anyone would play this thing over an M48A5?. Its slower, its armour is just as situational, it has a tumour much much much much much bigger, it has worse mobility in every way, it has worse gun handling, it has worse gun hidden stats, it has worse dpm. Literally the ONLY ADVANTAGE E5 has over A5 is 10 extra alpha damage.... how pathetic. 

Its not like this thing is a super heavy and it needs a big weakspot to balance it, So i dont get it?. Why cant it be buffed?. Literally the only way i can see this tank being useful is by being hull down, but that sickening tumor makes it impossible.

Edited by Riggerby, 14 June 2019 - 11:57 PM.

enu_ #2 Posted 14 June 2019 - 11:39 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 23020 battles
  • [-322-] -322-
it was buffed, and players cried

Riggerby #3 Posted 14 June 2019 - 11:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7924 battles

View Postenu_, on 14 June 2019 - 11:39 PM, said:

But why!? Is7 has no massive roof weakspot and better armour everywhere else on the tank and people deal with that just fine, Maus has no massive roof weakspot and much much much better armour everywhere else and people deal with that just fine, Literally every single other T10 heavy other then... say.. AMX50B and maybe T57 heavy do not have massive obscene turret weakspots and people cope with all of those just fine.

It has a very weak lower plate, an upper plate almost every t10 can punch through with a good pen roll or easily penned by pressing that 2 key, and its sides and rear are complete butter, i dont see why people would take issue with its cupola being buffed when that would literally just put it on the same playing field as the other T10 Heavies. Its still has inferior alpha / dpm / mobility to most other things anyway.

Steve8066 #4 Posted 14 June 2019 - 11:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18091 battles

View PostRiggerby, on 14 June 2019 - 11:43 PM, said:

But why!? Is7 has no massive roof weakspot and better armour everywhere else on the tank and people deal with that just fine, Maus has no massive roof weakspot and much much much better armour everywhere else and people deal with that just fine, Literally every single other T10 heavy other then... say.. AMX50B and maybe T57 heavy do not have massive obscene turret weakspots and people cope with all of those just fine.

It has a very weak lower plate, an upper plate almost every t10 can punch through with a good pen roll or easily penned by pressing that 2 key, and its sides and rear are complete butter, i dont see why people would take issue with its cupola being buffed when that would literally just put it on the same playing field as the other T10 Heavies. Its still has inferior alpha / dpm / mobility to most other things anyway.

1 is russian, 1 isnt, that should tell you all you need to know.

Japualtah #5 Posted 15 June 2019 - 12:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31788 battles

The Russian meme is getting old, really.

Not all Russian tanks are the best in class, far from it, so let's be constructive here.

The E5 was fine after the 'unintentional buff' and just after it got nerfed the SConq was introduced.

The irony! The SConq is British and so, according to the - vocal - British community, supposed to suck...

I played a game with the 705A today, Live Oaks, went to town to meet a platoon of 2 E5s.

Killed them both.

Anecdotal, of course, but I just had to shoot somewhere low and it penned, those things can't even sidescrape properly.

Also, I've been playing American since the beginning and I can't remember of many new tanks or tank improvements besides the Patton, which is now very nice.

Some attention is long due.

vasilinhorulezz #6 Posted 15 June 2019 - 12:16 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28027 battles
Hamster approval intensifies.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #7 Posted 15 June 2019 - 12:31 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

View PostRiggerby, on 15 June 2019 - 02:43 AM, said:

The E5 is currently not a good tank however you look at it but:

• The cupola is around 240~250 mm thick which is arguably a good weak spot for tier 8 tanks. Most of them will have to press "2" to pen that unless they get a high pen roll or a good angle.
  • If you're getting penned through the upper plate "easily" then you're doing it wrong. You're simply allowing enemies to shoot you from above negating the angled armor of the front plate.

Why not make the cupola smaller instead of adding more armor? At least it'll require careful aim and not just pressing "2"!

Why not improve other aspects of the tank to actually make it better instead of just annoy the enemy? DPM, gun handling, mobility, etc. are more important for the tank to function than adding armor!

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 15 June 2019 - 12:38 AM.

Dava_117 #8 Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:18 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22512 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRiggerby, on 14 June 2019 - 11:43 PM, said:

At that time, tanks had real weackspots. And at that Time T110E5 was OP. You needed tier 10 gold to pen the cupola and you couldn't track and damaged it because it had a 250mm plate behind the front wheel.

Now it's not a bad tank, the cupola can go up to 270mm effective when using full gun depression. It just suffer from premium spam as mostly all the balanced HT in this game.

Edited by Dava_117, 15 June 2019 - 08:30 AM.

Rokim #9 Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29214 battles

First thing first.

1:) Dpm and reload time.Same as 6 years ago

2:) I think we done here,forget cardbox sidearmor,wz111 strong lower plate or tumor that shitbarn can snipe from 450m

3:)Obsolete and waste of time even playing garbage

4:) Goodbye

gunslingerXXX #10 Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:30 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12794 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Its ok to have it as weakspot also for tier 8 to shoot, just decrease the size to the console version size and its fine.

Japualtah #11 Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31788 battles

View PostDava_117, on 15 June 2019 - 08:18 AM, said:

And at that Time T110E5 was OP. You needed tier 10 gold to pen the cupola and you couldn't track and damaged it because it had a 250mm plate behind the front wheel.

What 250mm plate behind the front wheel mate?

Can you provide the patch number? because I genuinely don't remember that, I think only the cupola was nerfed.

What is indeed true is that if you shoot the left part of the front wheel from the side, you are not going to deal any damage because the front wheel is placed in front of the hull, which is not particular to the E chassis.

And a tank is not OP because people are screaming it is OP, which is what happened on the boards.

From one day to the other, the E5 was worth playing but it was still not used in clan wars, it was too slow, had a too weak lower plate, had no punch and a too vulnerable ammo-rack.

Now, the cupola is as tall as the lowerplate, is 235mm think, in range of tier VIII guns shooting AP, and below 200mm even if slightly angled.

The tank still has no side armor (44mm between the track, overmatched by tier VI tanks) and is auto-penned for all arties tier IV and up with 38mm deck and roof armor.

The gun is extremely sweet and will do wonders in the hand of a very good player, but that's using the tank outside of its role and only worth doing if marking or stat-padding.

The tank is now under-performing by 5% which puts it among the worst tanks in the game, still under-performing at unicum level, which is a performance!

Dava_117 #12 Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:20 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22512 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostJapualtah, on 15 June 2019 - 08:44 AM, said:

What 250mm plate behind the front wheel mate?

Can you provide the patch number? because I genuinely don't remember that, I think only the cupola was nerfed.

What is indeed true is that if you shoot the left part of the front wheel from the side, you are not going to deal any damage because the front wheel is placed in front of the hull, which is not particular to the E chassis.

And a tank is not OP because people are screaming it is OP, which is what happened on the boards.

From one day to the other, the E5 was worth playing but it was still not used in clan wars, it was too slow, had a too weak lower plate, had no punch and a too vulnerable ammo-rack.

Now, the cupola is as tall as the lowerplate, is 235mm think, in range of tier VIII guns shooting AP, and below 200mm even if slightly angled.

The tank still has no side armor (44mm between the track, overmatched by tier VI tanks) and is auto-penned for all arties tier IV and up with 38mm deck and roof armor.

The gun is extremely sweet and will do wonders in the hand of a very good player, but that's using the tank outside of its role and only worth doing if marking or stat-padding.

The tank is now under-performing by 5% which puts it among the worst tanks in the game, still under-performing at unicum level, which is a performance!

Can't remember the patch number, but it was removed in the same patch in which they nerfed the cupola.

And, yes, at that time E5 was overperforming. It was a different meta, probably today would be fine as it was, but still it suffer more from premium spam than from the cupola itself. As I said, the cupola is 270mm effective when seen at full gun depression and, as you said, the front wheel has a great part that is in front of the well sloped hull. 

LordMuffin #13 Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:28 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 52674 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostDava_117, on 15 June 2019 - 09:20 AM, said:

Can't remember the patch number, but it was removed in the same patch in which they nerfed the cupola.

And, yes, at that time E5 was overperforming. It was a different meta, probably today would be fine as it was, but still it suffer more from premium spam than from the cupola itself. As I said, the cupola is 270mm effective when seen at full gun depression and, as you said, the front wheel has a great part that is in front of the well sloped hull. 

Even if that overperforming E5 was introduced into the current game, i think would still be a mediocre tank at best.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #14 Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:30 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

View PostDava_117, on 15 June 2019 - 12:20 PM, said:

It was patch 9.17.1 when they nerfed the cupola and the armor behind the drive wheel.

T110E5

• Decreased armor thickness of the commander's cupola
  • Decreased thickness of the side armor in the area behind the front drive wheel the from 254 to 76.2 mm

You had to go through the 20mm spaced armor of the drive wheel itself then have enough penetration to go through an additional 254mm of hull armor. It was a pain facing one of these! :)

Tigerfish_Torpedo #15 Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:42 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34279 battles
  • [BC-V] BC-V

View PostJapualtah, on 15 June 2019 - 12:15 AM, said:

according to the - vocal - British community, 

It's Eurovision all over again! It's not our fault that Brexit has made us the laughing stock of Europe :P

Laatikkomafia #16 Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:48 AM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 23265 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postenu_, on 15 June 2019 - 12:39 AM, said:

You kindly forgot to mention how it became similar to S.Conq, except the LFP was barely a weakspot.

Japualtah #17 Posted 15 June 2019 - 11:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31788 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 15 June 2019 - 09:30 AM, said:

It was patch 9.17.1 when they nerfed the cupola and the armor behind the drive wheel.

You had to go through the 20mm spaced armor of the drive wheel itself then have enough penetration to go through an additional 254mm of hull armor. It was a pain facing one of these! :)

Thanks for the info, you are indeed correct, there was a 40cm long stripe of 250mm armor above the wheel which doesn't exist anymore.

I reckon both I killed yesterday I shot exactly there, which probably ammo-racked them on top of tracking and dealing damage.

Geez.... the tank has become even worse than I thought :/

XxKuzkina_MatxX #18 Posted 15 June 2019 - 11:54 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

View PostJapualtah, on 15 June 2019 - 02:49 PM, said:

Thanks for the info, you are indeed correct, there was a 40cm long stripe of 250mm armor above the wheel which doesn't exist anymore.

I reckon both I killed yesterday I shot exactly there, which probably ammo-racked them on top of tracking and dealing damage.

Geez.... the tank has become even worse than I thought :/

Guaranteed ammo rack damage if you hit that area as with almost every american heavy or medium. Same as the right (your right) lower plate of british tanks.

demon_tank #19 Posted 15 June 2019 - 12:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26785 battles
  • [RED_S] RED_S

I remember QB being the only one saying the pre nerff E5 wasnt OP and everyone lost their minds including the FAMU experts.

They nerffed it and now everyone is saying its crap.

Make up your minds.

staurinsh #20 Posted 15 June 2019 - 12:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34702 battles

View PostRiggerby, on 14 June 2019 - 10:43 PM, said:

Well, is7 is a real tank, so go and find weak spot in that turret, after that go find it on e5, oh wait, e5 is wg made tank after 2 weeks eating lsd and drinking vodka.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users