• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

skinkryttaren #1 Posted 17 June 2019 - 01:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6781 battles
  • [AWARE] AWARE

Hi there, everyone. 

This is yet another post by a player who's wondering about the new direction Wargaming are thinking of going, with the whole: "Special Ammo"-thing. "Oh, yeah, here we go again...", you might think. But please hear me out.

I have two things I'm wondering about. And if there weren't enough of you being logged onto the Sandbox Server, whilst it was up and running - there were changes to the tanks. I.E. their hitpoints had been increased, and I do also believe their armour, and the standard ammo (don't count me on that). However...

Here's my question: How is buffing the armour values and hitpoints going to counteract the non-buffed special ammo - if people still are going to use it? And secondly... What happenes to the Premium tanks? We all know that in very rare cases Wargaming have tweaked with the stats of the tanks. In general Wargaming don't like to tweak very much with the stats of the sold Premium tanks. For instance they have tweaked Panzer III Aus J - i.e. buffing it's armour. But that's one of few occations where I can recall they tweaked premium tanks.

So all in all... How are they going to tweak the premium tanks with this whole situation? I mean: It's good that Wargaming addresses the issues with Special Ammo, and are taking steps to working on a solution. But I don't think that buffing the values of the tanks is the answer - when they like I mentioned above - don't like tweaking with the premium tanks. What else have you thought about in this subject? Or what are your solution?

(Please note: If you're going to be salty about it, or just don't have anything of value to say - then leave this thread. I would like to have a general discussion in this matter of subject as civilized as possible).

Edited by skinkryttaren, 17 June 2019 - 01:09 PM.

Shad0wize #2 Posted 17 June 2019 - 01:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12637 battles

The buff addresses everything but the problem at hand, typical WarGaming I should add.

It also reverses several nerfs and whilst sure you do get a bit more hp is it really worth it? It reverts all the buffs and so called nerfs they've applied to tanks such as the Type 5 and leo pta since module hp has not been raised in the latest iteration of the test build. It does nothing in regards to premium ammunition aside from the fact that good players will switch in between them depending on situation or simply not care all-together. An extra shell of premium required will not make anybody stop firing premium, but they will be firing a lot more HE.

Armour has not been changed, if you're in a Type 69 and you're being rushed by a Type 5/4 your only viable choice is to leave, if you can, or not pen anything even with premium ammunition and last but not least still need a lot of shells to remove tracks on said vehicles since that's fun.

All in all I believe WarGaming failed to realize that the premium vehicles they sold had no promises in regards to their ammunition type, unless you look it up or purchase the vehicle there's no way to know if a tank fires APCR, HEAT, HESH or premium HE as its premium ammunition type. Easiest way is to actually go to the store and search for a specific ammunition type for a specific gun, finding out that way.

Keeping all of this in mind let's also add the fact that the game hasn't been less balanced before, oh do I miss the good ol' days in which I was in an M5 Stuart at tier III or IV facing tier IX's and X's or whatever I got. At least back then things were simpler, light tanks less obsolete, tanks had actual weak spots and well... there's a lot more to be said.

My only hope is that at one point or another they'll get things straight or I'll just quit and go play another game. I decided to play this game to relax but all it manages to do is be less toxic than Rust, less fun than other games and a point of eternal frustration. I mean the Dead By Daylight development team is smaller than the World Of Tanks one, by smaller I mean very small. They still manage to put a Player Test Build with servers and everything, changing any problems that occur in about 24 hours. Here? You complain for months and then they come out with some ludicrous thing like the current test server. 6 years later.

skinkryttaren #3 Posted 17 June 2019 - 02:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6781 battles
  • [AWARE] AWARE

Well, I understand your point. And honestly I didn't really pay much attention to all the changes. Buffs vs nerfs. But I didn't have time nor the enegery to do so - and other things came in the way. So that ran out in the sand - which is a shame.

I was thinking of compairing the difference with the current installment of the game. And well, I just thought of their line of thought from the Sandbox Server - if they got applied in the next patch - just for sake of argument. How would they have done with the premium tanks? 

Your points raise are thoughtprovoking, which I like. And I do remember those good ol' days where the MM was very harsh on light tanks, and so on. And in general was worse than it is now. I didn't play the game by that time, though I remember of friends playing. 

No, I haven't said that the game is unbalanced. I was just wondering how WarGaming are thinking of implementing by the changes done to the tanks on the Sandbox sever when they don't like to tweak around with the premium tanks. And well, I do also address the fact and share you opinion on the matter that WarGaming are indeed very slow in reacting to what we players are saying, or wanting to be changed for example with the game. 

Also do I add to the experince, while playing this game - it's meant to be fun and relaxing - but indeed is doing the opposite.

Edited by skinkryttaren, 17 June 2019 - 02:27 PM.

VonniVidiVici #4 Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38691 battles

WG has no problem tweaking premium vehicles, so long as those tweaks are buffs. Look at T-34-85M for example, that was absolutely useless for a very long time until WG finally remembered it's a Russian tank, so now it's one of the best tanks you can buy at tier VI. Nerfing a vehicle people paid actual money for creates a crapstorm which is why WG decided not to do that after the CykaPershing debacle, but nobody is going to complain about their tank being buffed.

skinkryttaren #5 Posted 17 June 2019 - 04:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6781 battles
  • [AWARE] AWARE

Alright, solid argument.

Yeah, I remember the whole thing both the T-34-85M and Pershing. Even when they nerfed the Super Pershing back in the day. (I assume that's the incident you're referring to). Though I didn't really think that WG were so chill about buffing the premium tanks. Or it may be that I didn't really pay attention to it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users