When you're gonna close team damage in random battles?

team damage random battles

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

zed_x #1 Posted 18 June 2019 - 08:35 PM

Major

• Player
  • 43162 battles
  • [JUN] JUN

The question is smooth and clear i guess. You guys closed team damage to Front Line and Ranking Battles. But in random battles, so many bots still making team damages for no reason or just for "fun".

I'm out of my patience. We have to play with so many newbies and noobs and toxic players in random already. And do we have to killed by them? As i'm a veteran player, i say; close the dam team damage in random battles! Enough!

Pansenmann #2 Posted 18 June 2019 - 08:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35980 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postzed_x, on 18 June 2019 - 08:35 PM, said:

The question is smooth and clear i guess. You guys closed team damage to Front Line and Ranking Battles. But in random battles, so many bots still making team damages for no reason or just for "fun".

I'm out of my patience. We have to play with so many newbies and noobs and toxic players in random already. And do we have to killed by them? As i'm a veteran player, i say; close the dam team damage in random battles! Enough!

and then what? I will just park my tank in front of you and you can't do nothing about it

and if you try to push me out of way you get reported for physics abuse.

you can encircle an enemy tank with 4 friendlies and arty can shoot the enemy without having to risk to shoot teammates.

there are many ways to troll and griefplay without team damage.

Edited by Pansenmann, 18 June 2019 - 08:38 PM.

NekoPuffer_PPP #3 Posted 18 June 2019 - 08:43 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33699 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

Ah, ****, here we go again...

View PostPansenmann, on 18 June 2019 - 08:37 PM, said:

and then what? I will just park my tank in front of you and you can't do nothing about it

You're welcome to park infront, I'm sure nobody will mind using you as a meatshield.

Physics abuse is handled through tickets and with replays. It'll be obvious who the troll is.

View PostPansenmann, on 18 June 2019 - 08:37 PM, said:

you can encircle an enemy tank with 4 friendlies and arty can shoot the enemy without having to risk to shoot teammates.

I don't see any issue with that. Besides, they said arty will still stun firendlies regardless. (possibly damage aswell but I doubt it, we'll see...)

No teamdamage means atleast you'll have something to keep you alive when the enemy comes rolling over both of you entagled lovers.

zed_x #4 Posted 18 June 2019 - 08:44 PM

Major

• Player
  • 43162 battles
  • [JUN] JUN

View PostPansenmann, on 18 June 2019 - 09:37 PM, said:

Yes, there are. But team damage is became the biggest trolling in random game. And preventing this is so easy. WG showed that to Front Line and Ranked Battles. Why they don't show in random battles to? 

Pansenmann #5 Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35980 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postzed_x, on 18 June 2019 - 08:44 PM, said:

Yes, there are. But team damage is became the biggest trolling in random game. And preventing this is so easy. WG showed that to Front Line and Ranked Battles. Why they don't show in random battles to? 

in my opinion random games would become very boring

if you would not have to mind where you shoot and some people would just hold the fire button from the start in some low tier tanks,

no matter where the gun is pointing at.

not that they don't do it now too, especially at battle start,

but those who overdo it get one hour ban to calm down. :P

Edited by Pansenmann, 18 June 2019 - 09:04 PM.

Homer_J #6 Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postzed_x, on 18 June 2019 - 08:35 PM, said:

The question is smooth and clear i guess.

Not really but I ran it back through Google translate and it appears you are of the misguided opinion that removing team damage would be a good thing.

Yes, there are. But team damage is became the biggest trolling in random game.

Ummm no.  I really can't remember the last time I was team damaged deliberately.

I do however get lost of people driving in my shots and that will only get worse with team damage turned off.

Dorander #7 Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:15 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View PostPansenmann, on 18 June 2019 - 07:37 PM, said:

If you have the numbers and the patience to encircle an enemy tank with four friendlies while a fifth who fires 2-3 shots per minute and may or may not hit the target leisurely kills it, I'd say that the existence of team damage isn't the determining factor in the outcome of that game.

You already can't really do anything to somebody who parks their tank in front of you, if you shoot that person, you'll be the one violating rules. If you push that person, you'll be the one violating rules. Being in front of a person is not illegal, just go somewhere else, go around the person, or wait for them to die. It's not like you left an aura there claiming that spot as yours, if you occupy a spot, occupy a spot, people who park in front of me typically find out their bits are sticking out and take a lot of damage as I surely am not getting out of the way no matter how hard they push.

slitth #8 Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13816 battles
  • [AL-EU] AL-EU

Just transfer team damage to tracks and remove friendly crush damage.

Keep the penenties for doing team damage

bitslice #9 Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23946 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 18 June 2019 - 08:09 PM, said:

Ummm no.  I really can't remember the last time I was team damaged deliberately.

I do however get lost of people driving in my shots and that will only get worse with team damage turned off.

Same, it must have been two months since I was TK'd by one of the usual people.

I really don't care that my pixel tank game was interrupted for 60 seconds.

I was hit in the back of the head by arty last night, but then we'd lost map control so we were squashed into a small area.

My fault  I think.

The worst thing any culture can do is to impose rules of action upon itself that don't create measurable harm

We already see this on Youtube where non-ProgLiberals are not allowed to debate amongst themselves, they just get deleted, "For The Greater Good \o/"

I also miss enemy team chat, that was fun.

I PM'd an enemy player last night to congratulate him on his play (his stats said tomato, but he was epic).

Felt good tbh.

Edited by bitslice, 18 June 2019 - 10:17 PM.

NekoPuffer_PPP #10 Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:36 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33699 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostPansenmann, on 18 June 2019 - 09:04 PM, said:

in my opinion random games would become very boring

So...team damage makes them fun?

the_nebuchadnezzar #11 Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53032 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
What a stupid idea. Team dmg is part of the game. I was upset they remove it from Ranked and FrontLine and you want it removed from Random aswell? Wtf is wrong with you? 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #12 Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:47 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53231 battles

From the last stream with the developers...

Block Quote

Are plans to tackle team damage issues, both involving arty and in general?

We tried disabling team damage in Frontline and now plan larger testing. If it works out, chances are high that team damage will be disabled for good in the 2nd half of 2019.

Steeleye_Spam #13 Posted 18 June 2019 - 11:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33739 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Ahah. Team damage is a significantly good part of the game. You very rarely get TKed for no reason, and it stops silly exploitation of effectively shooting through a friendly team member when there is a tiny part of an enemy tank visible behind a team member. Its just dumbing down the gameplay.

UrQuan #14 Posted 19 June 2019 - 01:28 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21323 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Ah well, looks people really look forward to artillery shooting into their tank brawls. Because to me that is currently the biggest advantage of the team-damage system. Artilleries won't shoot lightly into close tank fights. Once Teamdamage is turned off, artillery doesn't have to hold back with that anymore. 

Balc0ra #15 Posted 19 June 2019 - 06:47 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 71562 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I suspect it works on FL because most are to occupied with the chaos to want to troll or do anything. And most arguments in chat are 2km away from each other to bother finding them. Matches are not slow like randoms can be. As if you turn it off in randoms. Then if you will only motivate people to have "fun" in other ways, or react to a bad scout differently. Or end arguments in other ways. Console turned it off, and it made me leave that version rather fast. Play Swedish TD's? Well, now people can drive up behind you and flip you with no crush damage and just leave you there when you "take their spot". He has the bigger tank? Well now he can push you up against the wall and lock you there, or push you into a ditch and drive over you... with no crush damage. Or just push you in front of the enemy guns and let them kill you. Or just drive in front of you when you "steal their kills" to make sure you can't hit anything. Or run over to push the "useless scout" over so they both get spotted and taken out. Trust me... If the trolls want to troll, they will find a way. And then you have no automated system to counter it. And on console, that kind of behaivor went up 3x each game vs before when they switched TD off. 

TankkiPoju #16 Posted 19 June 2019 - 07:43 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22997 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Man it will be so much fun for popular streamers when people will shoot and troll them for fun in every game, after team damage is disabled.

250swb #17 Posted 19 June 2019 - 08:13 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 23230 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

It would be a fun guessing game if you can hear shells hitting your tank and not know where they are coming from, is it the enemy in front, or is it your imbecile teammate from the rear? Who knows, but switching off team damage will add a whole new dimension to the game. Or imagine how great it will be to have a Pz1c spraying ammo around in spawn, I bet there will be lots of laughs and it won't get tiring at all. 

I suppose the only other option would be to not give in to the tk'ing idiots by changing the game to pander to them, but get rid of the morons and hang on to the concept of skill and consideration to other players. It's a boring idea I know, and keeping standards up is harder to do than bringing them down, but decisions that look easy on paper like getting rid of team damage often have a habit of coming back to haunt. When nobody cares, and nobody needs to play better, or nobody needs to be part of a responsible gaming society, nobody will have any value or fun. So I've just talked myself out of all the fun I'd imagined in my first paragraph. Let's hang on to some standards of behaviour and not pretend it's anything other than the few tk'ing morons that are the problem and not let them win by changing the game in their name.

It's an overblown analogy, but changing the game to stop team killing is like de-criminalising murder, sure it brings the murder rate down because murder no longer exists, but you have a bigger problem.

Edited by 250swb, 19 June 2019 - 08:20 AM.

Kozzy #18 Posted 19 June 2019 - 08:23 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 42080 battles
  • [RINSE] RINSE

This debate again...

Well turning FF-off would have zero side effects, just like Frontlines and Ranked.  

Leaving it on allows idiots to accidentally hit you and trolls to purposefully hit you, great idea in this arcade shooter.

DuncaN_101 #19 Posted 19 June 2019 - 08:46 AM

Major

• Player
  • 55475 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
It does not matter if friendly fire is on or off. Trolls will find other ways to annoy annoy and be as helpful as a wet piece of paper to the team.

So why even bother with removing it

Homer_J #20 Posted 19 June 2019 - 09:14 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
If you really want to put an end to deliberate friendly fire then make it a 1hr ban for every hit, accident or otherwise.  No blue status, no leeway.  Sure some people will have their fun ruined for no reason but that's better than ruining everyone's fun for no reason.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users